Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? (17560 Views)

What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) / Married Folks: Is Oral Se.x Neccessary In A Marriage To Build Trust And Love? / For The Married Folks: What Happens When The Novelty Wears Off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by greatgod2012(f): 7:18pm On May 30, 2013
I use injectable contraceptive.
See this, from a similar thread........

@byvan, biolabee and others who want to know about injectable contraceptive.......lets gooooooooo
Its an injectable medicine that prevents pregnancy for up to 3 months. It helps toprevent pregnancy by preventing ovulation, which is the release of an egg from the ovary. If ovaries do not release an egg, it is very unlikely for pregnancy tooccur.
It is very effective, 99.7% effective, infact, as effective as tubal litigation(having tubes tied) and more effective at preventing pregnancy than some other methods like pills, or condom, but does not protect against STD.
Its effect is not permanent, it only works for 3 months, the shots must be repeatedevery 3 months, after a woman stops, hernormal ovarian function returns after a short time, but it can take up to 9-10 months to get pregnant after taking the last shot.
The side effects include..........
Some women have some changes in their menstrual periods while using it, which may be, irregular or unpredictable bleeding or spotting, an increase or decrease in menstrual bleeding or no bleeding at all. After one year of use, about 50% of women have no bleeding at all.
The absence of periods is not harmful and periods usually return to normal after it is stopped.
P. S. Im not a medical personnel, but this is the summary of the lesson the doctor gave me the day we went for "family planning" and i've been on it for close to a year now, and i can say its working well for me, because im d type that do get pregnant when i have unprotected s..ex, so, for me not to have gotten pregnant till now, means, its effective as claimed by my doctor.
May God help us all.

From this thread.......

https://www.nairaland.com/1167996/child-spacing/5#15215900

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by waleadex(m): 8:38pm On May 30, 2013
As a man please allow me to contribute something grin . After our first daughter wifey was having injection(I don forget the name) but it failed us after 3yrs. We had our twin girls 3yrs after their sister and this we didn't plan for. So we opted oral pill (combination 3) and guess what? This pill never failed us until after 10yrs when we decided to have a boy in the family. In other words,the twin girls are 10yrs older than the only boy. All thanks to God for "combination3" tablet. Try it!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by biolabee(m): 8:44pm On May 30, 2013
interesting.. nice one .. noted grin

baba ibeji... i like ur story....
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by biolabee(m): 8:53pm On May 30, 2013
hmm... i remember that child spacing thread...

reminiscing...

sorry.. back to topic grin

1 Like

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by waleadex(m): 9:04pm On May 30, 2013
biolabee: interesting.. nice one .. noted grin

baba ibeji... i like ur story....
Yw
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by babyme1(f): 9:25pm On May 30, 2013
Thanks for all the suggestions. Will talk to my doc
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:38pm On May 30, 2013
Hmm... Interesting!
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by dayokanu(m): 10:08pm On May 30, 2013
Idowuogbo: Hmm... Interesting!

Which one do you use or do you just swallow?
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:21pm On May 30, 2013
dayokanu:

Which one do you use or do you just swallow?
I use nylon bag. tongue
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by nikkyshyne(f): 10:34pm On May 30, 2013
blank: I use Implanon. It is an implant in your arm. No need to calculate anything or remember to take injections or swallow pills. Good side effect is that i have not seen my period since i started using it. Bad effect is that i have added my baby weight back but i am working on it. It is good for 3yrs.
You mean you haven't seen your period for the past 3yrs?

I thought periods are healthy.
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by baby124: 10:44pm On May 30, 2013
I prefer just withdrawal. Am scared of the long term effects of birth control. Not trying to control anything anyway. undecided

1 Like

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Daresh(f): 10:56pm On May 30, 2013
We've been married for 5 years and we use condoms when I'm not safe. I can't use hormones cos I had abnormal cervical cells and there is a scare of cancer. Ol boi, condoms work for us so we use it regularly, it's no big deal.
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Nobody: 3:39am On May 31, 2013
Why I don't use contraceptives is bc of my hormone.I hv what they call hormonal imbalance and I was advised since my secondary school days not to try any hormonal drugs cos it may alter it completly.
I don't want story.I studied my body for yrs and can interpret any sign I c on my body.uses d mucus to checkmate myself and so far so good for me.whenever I'm fertile, withdrawal all d way or abstinance.if we can't abstain,cd full house.
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by breathless(m): 2:53pm On May 31, 2013
@ baba.me. Here`s what has been working for me. My spouse has 29 - 29 days circle. Ovulation takes place usually on the 14th day. Medical experts says to avoid conception, avoid sex 2 days b4 d ovulation date n 2 days after cos some stubborn sperm released dis period av potency to stay up to 48 hrs. So 4 me n wifey, its without any form of FP. This is so natural.
Advantages to the woman most especially; the woman`s reproductive system is spared of damages (don`t believe all the lies they say about little or no side effects of contraceptives), avoiding future complications associated with child birth, having a safe and enjoyable sex life (even after menopause).

2 Likes

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by uyogabie(f): 7:50am On Jun 01, 2013
I've been following this thread and i'm really interested.I pray i see one with minimal side effect o.Just the thought of using contaceptives scares me but i don't want any more babies o.CD and the withdrawal method failed me the last time.I want to shine my eyes now.

1 Like

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by danjkad: 2:31pm On Jun 01, 2013
ℓ̊ think U̶̲̥̅̊ shld read abt all forms ☺f̶̲̥̅̊ contraceptive b4 pickin D̶̲̥̅̊ 1 U̶̲̥̅̊ know best suits U̶̲̥̅̊.
ℓ̊ started wit mornin pills. Which ℓ̊ used ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̲̅ like two months and stopped cos most times ℓ̊ 4get. Later ℓ̊ started wit injectible which ℓ̊ used ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̲̅ more dan a year. ℓ̊ stopped usin injectibles cos ℓ̊ started spottin for more dan two months.
Now ℓ̊ 'm on implant.
B4 ℓ̊ had D̶̲̥̅̊ implant, ℓ̊ was S̴̩☺ scared cos ☺f̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ complains ℓ̊ read on net. Bt Τ̅☺ my greatest surprise, it suits ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥.
S̴̩☺ well.
S̴̩☺ my advice ȋ̝̊̅§ D̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇̊τ̣̣̥ U̶̲̥̅̊ read abt dem b4 goin ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̲̅ any 1.
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by iyatrustee(f): 12:46pm On Jun 06, 2013
blank: I use Implanon. It is an implant in your arm. No need to calculate anything or remember to take injections or swallow pills. Good side effect is that i have not seen my period since i started using it. Bad effect is that i have added my baby weight back but i am working on it. It is good for 3yrs.

I also have the implant on. Bad side effect is that once you see your period, you would start spotting endlessly. angry angry angry
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by maran1983(f): 1:18pm On Jun 08, 2013
Wow, really? That hasn't happened to me o. Maybe the effects are different for some people.
iyatrustee:

I also have the implant on. Bad side effect is that once you see your period, you would start spotting endlessly. angry angry angry
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
I was scared of pills and their scary side effects so I never tried it
Oga hates rain coats so I had to do something

I started with diaphragms after my first child.it is inserted before and then taken out and washed and dried after the do
I hated to constantly insert and take out the device
Sometimes I slept off and forgot it inside grin
I got tired of " fin.gering myself " and changed to another type .

I used depo provera shots
You get an injection in the arm every three months
Side effect,weight gain and hot flashes
I loved the freedom
Your system goes back to normal 3 months after you stop it but if you have problems getting pregnant easily,I won't advise this,

Then

I switched to IUD intra uterine device after my last child
This is inserted by a doctor and there is a string you are advised to check monthly ,this tells you the device is still in place.it is supposed to last 10 years before it is changed.
Many women love this device
I had it in 4 years and loved it then developed heavy bleeding maybe unrelated sha then it was taken out and I didn't have another choice but the ultimate birth control method

Got my tubes tied and now no fear of pregnancy wink wink

Safe period and withdrawal methods do not work
Even condom sef can tear
I have babies to show that that those 3 methods don't work well lipsrsealed grin cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Youngpo413: 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
Interesting...
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by LordReed(m): 11:36am On Dec 30, 2014
ileobatojo:
Nuvaring. Insert vaginally and remove after 3 weeks (or 4, depending on whether you want to have a period or not). Basically, you only deal with it once a month, it works like the pill. You can stop anytime and get pregnant.

Hmmm just read about the class action lawsuit against Merck manufacturers of nearing, doesn't quite inspire confidence.
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by SAMBARRY: 3:17pm On Dec 30, 2014
blank:
I use Implanon. It is an implant in your arm. No need to calculate anything or remember to take injections or swallow pills. Good side effect is that i have not seen my period since i started using it. Bad effect is that i have added my baby weight back but i am working on it. It is good for 3yrs.
hiaannn take it easy with the pills o because one of the negative side effects is obesity. It's a silent shape destroyer. You will just keep expanding and expanding before you know what's up you go turn rokozuna
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by SAMBARRY: 3:23pm On Dec 30, 2014
Haaaaaa baby you don test all the baby prevention mechanisms finish and you are still calling your self baby grin grin

Na you them suppose use as brand ambassador for them pills since you're a faithful customer ; grin grin cheesy ;Db
babyosisi:
I was scared of pills and their scary side effects so I never tried it
Oga hates rain coats so I had to do something

I started with diaphragms after my first child.it is inserted before and then taken out and washed and dried after the do
I hated to constantly insert and take out the device
Sometimes I slept off and forgot it inside grin
I got tired of " fin.gering myself " and changed to another type .

I used depo provera shots
You get an injection in the arm every three months
Side effect,weight gain and hot flashes
I loved the freedom
Your system goes back to normal 3 months after you stop it but if you have problems getting pregnant easily,I won't advise this,

Then

I switched to IUD intra uterine device after my last child
This is inserted by a doctor and there is a string you are advised to check monthly ,this tells you the device is still in place.it is supposed to last 10 years before it is changed.
Many women love this device
I had it in 4 years and loved it then developed heavy bleeding maybe unrelated sha then it was taken out and I didn't have another choice but the ultimate birth control method

Got my tubes tied and now no fear of pregnancy wink wink

Safe period and withdrawal methods do not work
Even condom sef can tear
I have babies to show that that those 3 methods don't work well lipsrsealed grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by SAMBARRY: 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
Baby na every thing you don test finish grin shocked grin
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by adebisicutie: 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2014
babyme1:

Thanks. I started seeing my period when my girl was 4 weeks shocked I mean it's God and postinor 2 or i'll have been pregnant again now because my hubby. . . lipsrsealed

Drugs like postinor 2 should only be used in emergency situations. That shouldn't be something you use frequently
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by blank(f): 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
nikkyshyne:
You mean you haven't seen your period for the past 3yrs?

I thought periods are healthy.

Wonder who woke up this thread. Not really. I had seen my first period post baby at about 4weeks but since I was on the implanon till the date of the post, I hadn't seen it again. Subsequently, it's come several times. For me, it's not good cos my periods are just too painful.
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by blank(f): 2:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
SAMBARRY:
hiaannn take it easy with the pills o because one of the negative side effects is obesity. It's a silent shape destroyer. You will just keep expanding and expanding before you know what's up you go turn rokozuna

Thanks for the concern but like I said earlier, I am working on it. I haven't added that much weight.
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by blank(f): 2:04pm On Dec 31, 2014
iyatrustee:

. I understand perfectly.
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by SAMBARRY: 2:10pm On Dec 31, 2014
blank:

Thanks for the concern but like I said earlier, I am working on it. I haven't added that much weight.
e go tell you. Anyway while at it just remember that it is very easy to gain weight and very difficult to burn them
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Nobody: 3:24am On Jan 01, 2015
LordReed:

Hmmm just read about the class action lawsuit against Merck manufacturers of nearing, doesn't quite inspire confidence.

I hadn't heard of that lawsuit before. I haven't had problems with blood clots but it's definitely good for all reading here to be aware of that higher risk compared to other contraceptives. Thanks for highlighting this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business / 14 Attributes Of Nigeria Mothers / Are Men Really Polygamous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.