Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,827 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June (59375 Views)

Dr Zakir Naik At National Stadium Surulere Sat & Sun June 15th & 16th / Zakir Naik Live In Abuja / Dr Zakir Naik; Who Is He? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by deols(f): 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
I am seeing press tv right now and there is a sister reverting to Islam.

This is great ma sha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by deols(f): 12:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
Amalaaba: Please which of the cable companies now broadcast PEACE TV in Nigeria.

Before i used to watch it on MYTV platform but they have stopped the broadcast the same way they have just stopped broadcasting IQRA TV.

Please help me. It is urgent!

Try -strong satellite
-free to air
- joy tv

1 Like

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by tintingz(m): 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
EBK2: @ Tintingz
Forget about religious identity of being a muslim, hindu, etc, within the within of every religious person, there is no assurance of eternal life in heaven. Heaven is so holy that me and you are not allowed with our sinful self righteous persons. Except you are washed in the Blood of Jesus, there is no hope. But the beuity of it all is that Jesus Christ has made a way. When you repent and receive Him, as I have, certain things happen all of which I can tell you have personally happened to me. So it is not just written in the Bible. It is real to me. But the sweetest of it all to me is that He will fill you with the Holy Spirit, peace and assurance of salvation. You eternal future will no longer be a matter of guess or a balance of your good and bad deeds.
The issue of being filled with God's Spirit is something you will never understand so may not make sense to you.
But he is as real as a person sitting next to you and is only promised to those that are saved. So bro, I want to give you a clear message: receive Jesus Christ and leave, reject Him and you will be lost in hell for eternity: this is the choice He has lovingly given to all mankind and He wants you to choose him for hell is not His intention for any man. He loves you and I wish I can see you face to face and tell you more so it wouldn't appear that we are having a battle of religions in NL. I am not interested in that.
It was only when i became born again that i knew how lost I was without Him and what I was missing.
How can anyone reject the love of Jesus Christ. He has paid the price for us to have eternal life. So it is free. all you have to do is to repent of your sins and receive Him into your life as Lord and Saviour, then you are in for a long and exciting journey that ends when you see Him face to face in Glory. This is the Gospel. God bless you.
How many time will i have to tell you that Jesus(as) is one of the great prophet in Islam... What else do you want me to believe about him, that he is God? Maybe you should start telling that to your jehova withness folks that Jesus is God?

-- God is the ONLY SAVIOUR of the world

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

-- No one can die for others sins

Deuteronomy 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by deols(f): 12:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
vedaxcool:

I throway salute, we really missed you.

I agree. I always like it when he is here smiley

1 Like

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by smoy: 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
Pls follow me on Live Zakir in Abuja in Islamic section now
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by hayubee(m): 12:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
D truth is bitter dats y som ppl here are sayin nonsense out of frustration
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by hayubee(m): 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
Tanks 2 unibuja mssn am goin hope 2 c u guys der sha I have a question 4 dr zakir naik

1 Like

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
@ Betathingz
You are right ... God's mercy is so great that He will lower and humble himself into the world to become a man, a sinless Man Jesus just to take upon Himself the condequences of my sins and your sinsso that we wull not be cobdemned again. how can you reject that. Consider it that the same Man that raised others from dead allowed himself to be killed like an animal, yet He did not resist. That same Jesus is alive today and is coming back again. The life I am telling you about toddy is something I have personally, it is not just written somewhere and it can be yours today. If you have experienced received salvation from Jesus and experienced Jesus like I have, you will have the hope I have.
There is is still time for you to repent of your sins and receive Jesus
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
@ Tintingz
I am amazed that you know the bible so much yet you can't see that that same God you mentioned in your quotes is Jesus Christ.
From Genesis to Revelation, it is all about Him and his love for you and desire to save you. There is an eternal principle set in heaven: for a life to live, a life must die. It is only hidden in the bible for those that don't want to know that Jesus Christ is God, Messiah, and Saviour.
Have a look at Isaiah 9 vs 6, take time to read John 3 and John 5 and ask him to reveal Himself to you. He will for he loves you dearly.
Never forget something Christ Jesus is a complete man as if He is not God and a Complete God as if He is not a Man.
The word of God ask how can a man reject the free gift of eternal life through Jesus Chris the Son of God. Repent and receive Him and you will live. I did it once and He changed me.
God bless you bro.
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by mahdino: 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
careytommy:
why do moslems like to cleave their essence to
christianity even though the difference between them is as clear as night and day
we christians detest islam in its entirety. di not pretend to be like us. WE ARE NOT SIMILAR!
It is not that muslims liKe to compare their selves with christians but its the true nature and message Of Jesus, that he prayed to one God not three just like the muslims, he washes his face, feet and fall down on his face to pray to God just like the muslims, he did not eat pork just like the muslims, he kept beards just like the muslims, he lamented to keep the laws just like the muSlims... JESUS IS A MUSLIM. Christians today only follow the teachings of Paul

4 Likes

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
@Mandino
Amezing that you know all these about Jesus but you dont know him as God, Messaiah, and Saviour. What is even more interesting is that you have no idea where you will spend eternity when you are no more and you dont have the peace of God while you still alive. Within you, you know you have no hope and that is squarely because you do not have the Son of God living in you. And please note, i am not saying these to put you down or make you feel bad, but to bring to you face to face with your spritual rality of your need for Christ Jesus. He alone can give you eternal live and you know you currently clearly you dont have it.
Bro, Repent and believe the Gospel and you will be saved. God loves you and have an eternal plan for your life. What i am telling you and everyone here is the plan of God way before the fall of Adam.
The message of the Gospel is not what began 2000 year ago but began before the foundation of the earth was laid. You can only know this and see this in the Bible only if the Holy Spirit shows you. and you can ONLY know the Holy Spirit if you have repented and received the Jesus Christ. Please note, i am not just quoting what i read in the Bible. I am telling you what I read in the Bible and have experienced myself in my own life. In most cases, a lot of things many Christian read in the Bible, they had experienced it even before reading them in the Bible.
For example, immediately you give your life to Jesus Christ, the first thing that will happen to you is peace will fush your soul (it will be like a big weight has been lifted off you). This is really difficult to put into words. They're better experienced than explained. But my only message to you is to consider repenting and giving your life to Jesus Christ especially while you are young. Living in the world today without Jesus Christ is like walking on the edge of a very big volcano; the things that character such life are fear, confusion, sorrow, frustration, anger, pain, lack of hope,povery and i can go on and on.
I wish time will permit me more to explain these things but i cant and my prayer to you is that you will have an encounter with Him before the end of your journey here on earth.
God bless you bro.
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by mahdino: 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
EBK2: @Mandino
Amezing that you know all these about Jesus but you dont know him as God, Messaiah, and Saviour. What is even more interesting is that you have no idea where you will spend eternity when you are no more and you dont have the peace of God while you still alive. Within you, you know you have no hope and that is squarely because you do not have the Son of God living in you. And please note, i am not saying these to put you down or make you feel bad, but to bring to you face to face with your spritual rality of your need for Christ Jesus. He alone can give you eternal live and you know you currently clearly you dont have it.
Bro, Repent and believe the Gospel and you will be saved. God loves you and have an eternal plan for your life. What i am telling you and everyone here is the plan of God way before the fall of Adam.
The message of the Gospel is not what began 2000 year ago but began before the foundation of the earth was laid. You can only know this and see this in the Bible only if the Holy Spirit shows you. and you can ONLY know the Holy Spirit if you have repented and received the Jesus Christ. Please note, i am not just quoting what i read in the Bible. I am telling you what I read in the Bible and have experienced myself in my own life. In most cases, a lot of things many Christian read in the Bible, they had experienced it even before reading them in the Bible.
For example, immediately you give your life to Jesus Christ, the first thing that will happen to you is peace will fush your soul (it will be like a big weight has been lifted off you). This is really difficult to put into words. They're better experienced than explained. But my only message to you is to consider repenting and giving your life to Jesus Christ especially while you are young. Living in the world today without Jesus Christ is like walking on the edge of a very big volcano; the things that character such life are fear, confusion, sorrow, frustration, anger, pain, lack of hope,povery and i can go on and on.
I wish time will permit me more to explain these things but i cant and my prayer to you is that you will have an encounter with Him before the end of your journey here on earth.
God bless you bro.
reply below

I want u to know that we believe in Jesus, we love him and love u. All we are saying is we should all follow him, the way he said "the lord our God is one God" not three in one, the way he greet his brothers(diciples) "Shalom" (peace be unto u) try to copy him, the way he said u should keep the commandment if not u shall by no means enter the kingdom of God, then try to follow what he said that's salvation not to follow the teaching of paul as he said the servant is not greater than the master. Jesus is the master not Paul.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
@Mahdino,
Assuming you have followed Jesus Christ the way you described him, has that given you assurance in you heart that you will go to heaven when you die or are u just assuming that everything will be alright and you have been followed correctly? The fact is that 'following' as u suggested is trying to change from inside and earn your way to heaven. Bro, the Bible is clear on what u have just submitted above. You have no chance. Only accepting Jesus Christ as you Lord and Saviour can your inner man be changed. Then God will fill you with Holy Spirit and empower you to follow Him and do His will. Don't rely on yourself to follow, rely on Christ Jesus. He loves you and wants you to open your heart to accept Him for what He is.
Secondly, there is no difference between the teaching of Paul and Christ Jesus.
Thirdly, the very God you mentioned in your quote above is Jesus himself. There is a very important thing I know about Jesus based on the Scripture: Jesus is a complete Man (and will often speak as a Man) as if He is not God, and is also God as if He not a Man. There is an awful lot you don't and will never understand even if I talk to you in your village language. The only way to have this understanding is to know and have the Holy Spirit living in you and the Holy Spirit is only promised to heir if Salvation. I don't want to go deeper than this because you will not understand and will mock it.
So in essence, open your heart to Christ Jesus. He has loves you and have been knocking in you heart for a long time. From experience, the is the most important in the life of every living and and it is the best decision. The greatest need of every soul is Jesus Christ the Son of almighty God. Religion and earthly pleasure can never satisfy the yearning of your soul. Nairaland argument and who won it is nothing in the scheme of thing.
God bless you bro.
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by tbaba1234: 6:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
deols: I am seeing press tv right now and there is a sister reverting to Islam.

ALLAHUAKBAR!!

1 Like

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by tintingz(m): 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
thehomer: So this man who supports terrorism is coming to Nigeria that is currently having problems with terrorism? I see some people here cheering him on. He's said:

"If bin Laden is fighting enemies of Islam, I am for him," and that "If he is terrorizing America – the terrorist, biggest terrorist – I am with him. Every Muslim should be a terrorist. [size=15pt]The thing is that if he is terrorizing the terrorist,[/size] he is following Islam. Whether he is or not, I don’t know, but you as Muslims know that, without checking up, laying allegations is also wrong."

He is also in support of murdering people for leaving Islam, murdering people for being homosexual and he is against the free expression of all religions except his. How will this benefit Nigeria at this time or any other time?
smiley
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by thehomer: 8:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
mazaje:

The man also supports that ONLY islam be propagated he also says that Non-Muslims should not have equal Human rights to propagate their religions in islamic societies. . .He says islm is the only true religion and he does not allow the propagation of any other religion. . .He is against other reigions building their temples in muslim lands but supports the building of mumslim temples in the lands of the infidels. . .The guy is a bigot. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jYUL7eBdHg

Oh yeah even worse, he's said he supports terrorism as a method of getting one's political views across. These are the worst types of religious people. The ones who are so sure that they're right that they think their ideologies are more equal than others. And he is being let into Nigeria. A country being wracked with terrorism from people who believe as he does. He'll simply help those murderers justify their actions using their holy books and magic prophets.
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by tintingz(m): 8:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
EBK2: @ Tintingz
I am amazed that you know the bible so much yet you can't see that that same God you mentioned in your quotes is Jesus Christ.
From Genesis to Revelation, it is all about Him and his love for you and desire to save you. There is an eternal principle set in heaven: for a life to live, a life must die. It is only hidden in the bible for those that don't want to know that Jesus Christ is God, Messiah, and Saviour.
Have a look at Isaiah 9 vs 6, take time to read John 3 and John 5 and ask him to reveal Himself to you. He will for he loves you dearly.
Never forget something Christ Jesus is a complete man as if He is not God and a Complete God as if He is not a Man.
The word of God ask how can a man reject the free gift of eternal life through Jesus Chris the Son of God. Repent and receive Him and you will live. I did it once and He changed me.
God bless you bro.
Jesus is NOT God and not the saviour...i believe in him as a prophet from God a man who cant do nothing by himself, he was just the messiah of the lost sheep of isreal. Shikena smiley

1 Like

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Mooye41(m): 8:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
golpen: I Seriously can't stop laughing!!! Look at how frustrated christians are raving. You guys don't really need to die- life is sweet abeg. You are free to attend and not to.

And seriously too, it should be a pleasure for every nigerian that this legend and his 17 year old son are setting their feet in Nigeria insha Allah. Well, maybe not a pleasure for nigerian pastors anyway, his presence will only bring retardation in the growth of their markets.

He's coming and there's nothing anyman can do to it.I wish him a mostly safe trip under the guidance of Allah, and pray he lives long enough in good health to keep helping people to the right path. I'll also say sorry to those who are affected by his presence or see his presence as a threat. Life os pretty guys, stop nagging!
Ameen, thanks.
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by lanrexlan(m): 8:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
thehomer: So this man who supports terrorism is coming to Nigeria that is currently having problems with terrorism? I see some people here cheering him on.
You are just misquoting the man.

"If bin Laden is fighting enemies of Islam, I am for him," and that "If he is terrorizing America – the terrorist, biggest terrorist – I am with him. Every Muslim should be a terrorist. The thing is that if he is terrorizing the terrorist, he is following Islam. Whether he is or not, I don’t know, but you as Muslims know that, without checking up,laying allegations is also wrong."
He said ''I haven't meet osama bin laden in person,so I don't know much about him.If he's terrorizing the terrorists,I am with him but If he's terrorizing innocent human,that's against islam.Making allegations without proofs is wrong''.What's wrong with his statement?

He is also in support of murdering people for leaving Islam
You are free to leave Islam but If you leave Islam and then propagate false and bad allegations against Islam,then the sharia law comes in.
murdering people for being homosexual and he is against the free expression of all religions except his. How will this benefit Nigeria at this time or any other time?
Liar,in his hometown there are over 600,000 hindus and they are propagating their religion,there's no compulsion in religion.Forcing people to Islam is forbidden in Islam.He will benefit Nigeria.....Peace

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by lanrexlan(m): 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
deols: I am seeing press tv right now and there is a sister reverting to Islam.

Masha Allah
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by tbaba1234: 9:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
thehomer:

Oh yeah even worse, he's said he supports terrorism as a method of getting one's political views across. These are the worst types of religious people. The ones who are so sure that they're right that they think their ideologies are more equal than others. And he is being let into Nigeria. A country being wracked with terrorism from people who believe as he does. He'll simply help those murderers justify their actions using their holy books and magic prophets.

It is intellectual laziness to even suggest that he supports terrorism given the fact that he has a whole video on terrorism on youtube. Within a few minutes, you would have educated yourself on his true position. I have watched the video and there is nothing that supports acts of terror against civilians.

Unfortunately, many people are too lazy to actually investigate. It is disgusting the way people take quotes just to fulfill an agenda. I do not always agree with Dr zakir naik but i know his position on issues are far from extreme.

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by mazaje(m): 9:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
tbaba1234:

It is intellectual laziness to even suggest that he supports terrorism given the fact that he has a whole video on terrorism on youtube. Within a few minutes, you would have educated yourself on his true position. I have watched the video and there is nothing that supports acts of terror against civilians.

Unfortunately, many people are too lazy to actually investigate. It is disgusting the way people take quotes just to fulfill an agenda. I do not always agree with Dr zakir naik but i know his position on issues are far from extreme.

Some of his positions are extreme. . .To deny that is just to lie outrightly. . .
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by solomon111(m): 10:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
A man that supports and justifies intolerance of muslim nations against christianity.
I would be ashamed to identify with such persons.
What a disgusting horrible man.
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Cityguy: 11:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
jiffylibra:
i no know o!
its their 'version' of Pastor Chris:-D
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Cityguy: 11:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
Banjoramos: Trinity the greatest deception in christianity
see ur life? Why u want turn this thing to 'roforofo' stuff na? Cant u be decent at least for once?
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Blazinraj01(f): 11:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
mazaje:

Some of his positions are extreme. . .To deny that is just to lie outrightly. . .

Are you a muslim? Am surprised how you were able to determine extremism in Islam
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Cityguy: 12:00am On Jun 08, 2013
lanrexlan: It's not a must you attend,keep vibrating for your chair.Reasonable christians will attend,not gullible people like you......Peace
my friend. I think i'll rather be gullible like her. The good think abt it as stated is that no jupiter is forcing anyone to attend. For me, nt even 300miles radius wud i come close. Tx and have a 'tea-ful' deliberation
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by thehomer: 12:04am On Jun 08, 2013
lanrexlan: You are just misquoting the man.

He said ''I haven't meet osama bin laden in person,so I don't know much about him.If he's terrorizing the terrorists,I am with him but If he's terrorizing innocent human,that's against islam.Making allegations without proofs is wrong''.What's wrong with his statement?

What is wrong with it is that it is dishonest. You don't have to meet someone to know what they've said. You can listen to the interviews they've given, their speeches and what they themselves have said were their aims, methods and goals.

lanrexlan:
You are free to leave Islam but If you leave Islam and then propagate false and bad allegations against Islam,then the sharia law comes in.

Why should sharia law come in when one is no longer a Muslim? In fact why should sharia law be a law that reasonable and free people should subscribe to? An unjust law should be discarded.

lanrexlan:
Liar,in his hometown there are over 600,000 hindus and they are propagating their religion,there's no compulsion in religion.Forcing people to Islam is forbidden in Islam.He will benefit Nigeria.....Peace

You forgot to mention that his hometown is in India. If his hometown were in Saudi Arabia, do you think he would be in support of those same Hindus propagating their religion? I didn't say he was forcing people into Islam, I said he was in support of killing people for being homosexual and against the free expression of religions except his own. Those two statements are true.
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by Cityguy: 12:06am On Jun 08, 2013
Alajiki:

So, what is good for the goose of fraudster Benny Hinn (who, by the way, was one of the first pastors to hold the annual HOLY fraudulent GHOST festival with the Landlord of Redeem) is not good for the gander of Zakir Naik? Uhmmm...I have never seen Xtians to be lovers of truth. What am I even saying? Their very existence is even built on falsehood by the conman called Apostle Paul.
u know why am nt suprised at this ur uncouth manner? Very characteristic. And when u say truth, my question is from whose perspective? Urs or mine? U get my drift? Surely hope u do
Re: Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June by golpen(m): 12:09am On Jun 08, 2013
It is a great pleasure to see different views of people on NL about this man Dr Zakir Naik.in fact, his presence in naija has opened the door for some NLanders to say rubbish jst for the sake a family on NL might acknowledge their post. Blabbing is free anyway.

I should also say a great job done for the organising committee to have brought him down. May Allah reward them abundantly.

And may Allah strengthen him and guide him in his steps and his words, to help people see the beauty of islam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

More Photos From Today's Mecca Stampede That Killed At Least 220 People / Muslims Block Highway In Kaduna To Pray, Nigerians React (Photos) / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.