Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? (20312 Views)

Durella Or Dbanj Who Really Owns " Blame It On The Money" / 2FACE VS DBANJ Who Sings Better? / Tuface Vs Dbanj - Who's Your Take (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Ikengawo: 5:39pm On Jun 02, 2013

After the split, the two took two very distinct career moves. Dbanj choosing to focus on internationalizing his band and name by breaking into the US and UK markets through Kayne West and the success of Oliver Twist, and Don Jazzy choosing to rebrand him self and his company into Mavin Records and promote former Mo Hits stars now that Dbanj wasn't there to take top priority such as D'Prince and Wande Coal as well as the new addition, Tiwa Savage.

Question is, who has found more success in their independent endeavors?
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by jisky(m): 6:16pm On Jun 02, 2013
Eja Nla of course.Team DKM for life.

29 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by chelseabmw(m): 11:17pm On Jun 03, 2013
DON JAZZY

Like if you think,know and are sure am 100% correct

84 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by ylaa(f): 11:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ikengawo:

After the split, the two took two very distinct career moves. Dbanj choosing to focus on internationalizing his band and name by breaking into the US and UK markets through Kayne West and the success of Oliver Twist, and Don Jazzy choosing to rebrand him self and his company into Mavin Records and promote former Mo Hits stars now that Dbanj wasn't there to take top priority such as D'Prince and Wande Coal as well as the new addition, Tiwa Savage.

Question is, who has found more success in their independent endeavors?

ME OFCOURSE.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by kkkp: 11:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
No b ur fault..Alomo state of mind
playcharles: wizkid
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by montelik(m): 11:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
How many times will a thread asking this same exact question make the front page of nairaland? Una no dey tire.
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by noskeybaba: 11:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
Who gives a fuook on that? They have their life, I have mine. I already have enough things τ̅☺ worry about, I don't need τ̅☺ "pork nose". They are rich, I'm not then WTF??

8 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by lutheran(m): 11:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
Don Jazzy

3 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Afam4eva(m): 11:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
None, in terms of personal success. But Jazzy still has an edge based on the fact that he has artiste that he's still chopping from day in day out. He's a record producer while D'banj is a musician. Record executives outlive their musicians.

7 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by aminho(m): 11:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
DON BABA J d banj is selfish while baba J is helping other talents.

4 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Aubrey1(m): 11:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
I think its don jazzy

3 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by double08(m): 11:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
in my own opinion I believe its Don Jazzy because the Mavin crew is doing quite well cos they are churning hits after hits while D'banj am still yet to see him go international because I can't see how Oyato will sell in the States

9 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by YoursGEJ(m): 11:24pm On Jun 03, 2013
ur papa

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by tellwsdom: 11:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
Who else if not Don jazzy--d'banj is busy in the kitchen cooking and washin for kim cardiacarrest undecided

16 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
From Music producer to loya milk ambassador to club owner which later closed down to door to door sales of diesel. . . .you don't need an oracle to tell you that all is not well with Don Jazzy !

34 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Mishydoo(m): 11:28pm On Jun 03, 2013
Dbanj has been wacky since the split!Songs are rubbish!stage performances are nonesense...he iss slowly falling!

9 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by horlajide: 11:28pm On Jun 03, 2013
Its expected for people to be sentimental and take up different sides, but undoubtedly both have grown in their different ways. Comparison might not be too objective since one is an artiste while the other is a label owner and producer.
D'banj-He can only be assessed by the number of hit songs he has released and its success on music charts,stage performance,airplay and so on. I dare say his biggest success till date is "Oliver Twist" which was "a product" of Don Jazzy. Oyato,Cashflow,Bachelor,Top of the world,Don't tell me nonsense are all good songs but none as been able to garner that typical acceptance of that "Don jazzy + D'banj" track. these songs seem to fade away after a few months.
Verdict - He may not have been able to place his hand on "that hit" for now but one thing nobody should argue about is his success. Even after the split-up he has won countless awards, many deals,contracts,endless show and not to mention the ambassadorial appointments-the recent BOI readily comes to mind here.not to forget his SONY deal also

Don Jazzy - the Don himself,in all fairness the proper criteria would be his works(the songs he has produced),his label and artistes. Assess all his artistes and you should agree none can be equally placed with D'banj not even the most promising on the Mavin label, Tiwa neither the Black diamond Wande Coal who follows closely (maybe in some years to come sha).As for Dr. Sid & D Prince, both can be seen as same class with K-switch since they are seen as sidekicks.let's not bother to talk about his personal success and business since the focus here is on music
Verdict-Don Jazzy(maybe not as D'banj) is progressing, though slow but steady. and remember slow and steady wins the .........

BTW one thing I've learnt in life is to NEVER EVER take sides in a fight, a divorce or a split up. At one time reconciliation seems impossible but when it eventually happens,you gonna appear as one in two- the devil and the fool

43 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Castos(m): 11:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
nonsense! angry
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by blackmale(m): 11:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
another fight between'' team don jazzy and team koko master''

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Mopolchi: 11:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
grin grin grin Methinks D'Banj together with Don Jazzy benefitted the most: now they on their own control the main thing- "osusu" kudi-rat.
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by mrofficial(m): 11:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
The hate will always portray to diminish D'banj benefits.

@Op, in this case, It's very difficult to say who benefits the most. I'll just conclude on saying that they both benefit positively and immensely as they move on.
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
Don Jazzy "The people champion"

D'Banj "Dedicates house boy to Kanye"

I hear say Jay Z don give am on UK used wristwatch.

But mehnnnn "Who cares"

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by blackmale(m): 11:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
~Bluetooth:

From Music producer to loya milk ambassador to club owner which later closed down to door to door sales of diesel. . . .you don't need an oracle to tell you that all is not well with Don Jazzy !

lmao..including dashing fan 100k..to remain in d spotlight

4 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by mrofficial(m): 11:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
Mishydoo: Dbanj has been wacky since the split!Songs are rubbish!stage performances are nonesense...he iss slowly falling!

Who are you to tell that he's slowly falling? And the bolded tells much of what you stand for than what you wrote.

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Alleluiasb: 11:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
Com'on folks, i'ma gif it up 4 mi broda 4rm anoda motha FLAVOR!

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Mrlike: 11:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
Dbanj gain it.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by dammytosh: 11:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
We keep mixing up issues.

The question is not who do you like most.

One signed for loya milk
One signed for sony.

One has not had any major show since the split
One has including south africa nations cup besides plenty others.

One keep relevance with sharing money on twitter after a failed album
One keeps singing the rubbish he was known for to remain relevant.

And just 2 days after 100k was used to keep the PR (not necessary if u ask me) this question came up

If the question was Who do you like most --- Don Jazzy
but Who benefitteed most - Dbanj

Dbanj is not sharing his money with anybody
Not buying Bentley for some one to still take the glory of the boss

Though Dbanj has not really done anything fantastic apart from making huge money after the split. Don Jazzy is not either. Tell me any post Dbanj song from Jazzy that is more popular than all their Pre Dbanj track.

37 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by daftpikin: 11:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
hold on lemme ask ifa

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Mrlike: 11:35pm On Jun 03, 2013
The banj gain it all.if you agree wit me click like here

62 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

P-Square's Personally Surpasses 3Million Youtube Views In 8 weeks / VIDEO: Davido – Wonder Woman / Nigerian Artiste Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.