Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? (20308 Views)

Durella Or Dbanj Who Really Owns " Blame It On The Money" / 2FACE VS DBANJ Who Sings Better? / Tuface Vs Dbanj - Who's Your Take (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by ramaju: 8:20am On Jun 04, 2013
montelik: How many times will a thread asking this same exact question make the front page of nairaland? Una no dey tire.
I wonder o. OP get a life.
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 04, 2013
Even D'Prince has fared better than D'Banj since the latter exited Mo'Hits. Take Banana and Goody Bag are bigger hits and receive far more airplay than ANY song D'Banj has released since Oliver Twist. All the so-called awards, shows, and endorsements are nonsense, since everthing still leeches on the old glory of Oliver Twist and other Don Jazzy produced hits.

In fact, there is a trend any observant person would notice in D'Banj's songs after he left Mo'Hits. . .which shows his frustration and inherent area boy tendencies. First he released a song declaring that D'Banj Oyato oh. When people laughed at him and asked him how he was oyato, he responded with Top of the World. When people also laughed at him and asked how he could be on top of the world when he was busy washing Kanye West' boxers and kim's pants, he angrily released Don't tell me Nonsense. To make matters worse for him, people advised him to take his own advice and stop telling us nonsense (since his music was becoming undiluted nonsense). In utter frustration, he released another song shouting 'E Gba Oju E'. . . asking his violent fans to gba oju anybody that does not like his nonsense songs. This doesn't seem like someone that has 'gained' much musically in comparison with Don Jazzy.

5 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by donfineboi: 8:25am On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo:

"The Kick" and "Take Banana". Infact this years biggest hit is between "The Kick" and "Gobe". D'Banj cannot produce a hit because Don Jazzy modeled Mo-hits artists to depend on Don Jazzy's deep voice for their chorus. That is just what all D'banj's post Mo-hits songs lack. "The Kick" has it.

U r funny, take banana was never a major hit, the mavin album was a flop. This years biggest hit so far is KC's tonite...

Dbanj hasn't officially lunched his DKM album and he has sold over 2million copies. Success is not about making hits, its all about the cash. Dbanj has houses in naija, a house in atlanta USA, he's wrist watch is $50,000 he's an ambassador to Bank of industry, he's signed on to SONY Africa, his song oliver was no 9 in uk, no 2 in romania, his oliver twist video is the most watched on youtube by an african artist, over 2 million. tell me 1 african artist with such accomplishment?

Dbanj is major league donjazzy is local league
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by myola777(m): 8:27am On Jun 04, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
For sure, D banj is not really talented but he is far far more successful than Don baba J after the splits. If Don Jazzy is that good as most people want us to believe, he should pick up another untalented artist from the street and make him a super star.
i hate it when you say dbanj is not talented, don't say that again. is not talented, he got nominated every year. is not talented, he bagged diff awards every year, FYI just go and checked his profile u will surprise. is not talented, he is among best 3 musicians in nig. is not talented, he got recognized in d world. just to mention a few. pls where is your talented artist when dbanj is being mentioned. on to d matter on ground, as at now dbanj benefit most. is like d more he got criticized, d more he is rising

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Slankey: 8:35am On Jun 04, 2013
smiley
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Slankey: 8:36am On Jun 04, 2013
dammytosh: We keep mixing up issues.

The question is not who do you like most.

One signed for loya milk
One signed for sony.

One has not had any major show since the split
One has including south africa nations cup besides plenty others.

One keep relevance with sharing money on twitter after a failed album
One keeps singing the rubbish he was known for to remain relevant.

And just 2 days after 100k was used to keep the PR (not necessary if u ask me) this question came up

If the question was Who do you like most --- Don Jazzy
but Who benefitteed most - Dbanj

Dbanj is not sharing his money with anybody
Not buying Bentley for some one to still take the glory of the boss

Though Dbanj has not really done anything fantastic apart from making huge money after the split. Don Jazzy is not either. Tell me any post Dbanj song from Jazzy that is more popular than all their Pre Dbanj track.

I would have Favorited this if it was Twitter... Nice one and spot on!
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by teetee123: 8:54am On Jun 04, 2013
Seun and his team knows how many NLers think and that's why they keep on posting stupid questions like this on front page every month in order to generate traffic and make cash.
The Don J and DBanj are busy counting their blessings everyday while many here are wasting their time arguing blindly over stupid things that they could not verify, throwing tribal bricks and developing high blood pressure at young age.
Use your time wisely.
NL is fast loosing it
In my own opinion, Seun has gained more than d 2 guys

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by omar22(m): 8:55am On Jun 04, 2013
Since Dbanj left and Wande Coal who is also about to jump ship....

Can someone tell me another hit produce by Don Jazzy
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Rhino5dm: 8:55am On Jun 04, 2013
pro01: Even D'Prince has fared better than D'Banj since the latter exited Mo'Hits. Take Banana and Goody Bag are bigger hits and receive far more airplay than ANY song D'Banj has released since Oliver Twist. All the so-called awards, shows, and endorsements are nonsense, since everthing still leeches on the old glory of Oliver Twist and other Don Jazzy produced hits.

In fact, there is a trend any observant person would notice in D'Banj's songs after he left Mo'Hits. . .which shows his frustration and inherent area boy tendencies. First he released a song declaring that D'Banj Oyato oh. When people laughed at him and asked him how he was oyato, he responded with Top of the World. When people also laughed at him and asked how he could be on top of the world when he was busy washing Kanye West' boxers and kim's pants, he angrily released Don't tell me Nonsense. To make matters worse for him, people advised him to take his own advice and stop telling us nonsense (since his music was becoming undiluted nonsense). In utter frustration, he released another song shouting 'E Gba Oju E'. . . asking his violent fans to gba oju anybody that does not like his nonsense songs. This doesn't seem like someone that has 'gained' much musically in comparison with Don Jazzy.

Okay, tell us what Don Jazzy achieved after leaving D banj other than selling Loya milk or hawking diesel. The night club business was a big time flop. Wande Coal is presently at the verge of leaving, Dr. Sid is a big clown, even the super talented Tiwa Savage couldn't salvage the drowning Mavin Crew.

No big show, No big endorsement, No hit track and No nothing. By the way, let's see Don Jazzy replacing the Bentley D banj bought him. Let D'Prince replace the Range Rover D banj bought him. Success is all about cash and not sending recharge cards to your Twitter followers.

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by teetee123: 8:55am On Jun 04, 2013
Seun and his team knows how many NLers think and that's why they keep on posting stupid questions like this on front page every month in order to generate traffic and make cash.
The Don J and DBanj are busy counting their blessings everyday while many here are wasting their time arguing blindly over stupid things that they could not verify, throwing tribal bricks and developing high blood pressure at young age.
Use your time wisely.
NL is fast losing it
In my own opinion, Seun has gained more than d 2 guys
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Swaggot00(m): 9:02am On Jun 04, 2013
ylaa:

ME OFCOURSE.
you don carry your crayfish leg come here ba? Oya kum n go ¤_¤
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Rhino5dm: 9:03am On Jun 04, 2013
omar22: Since Dbanj left and Wande Coal who is also about to jump ship....

Can someone tell me another hit produce by Don Jazzy

That's the problem. Even J sleek is far far ahead of Don Jazzy.
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Swaggot00(m): 9:04am On Jun 04, 2013
double08: in my own opinion I believe its Don Jazzy because the Mavin crew is doing quite well cos they are churning hits after hits while D'banj am still yet to see him go international because I can't see how Oyato will sell in the States
mavin crew? Hits? Whrs the hit? Please help me name am
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by gbollyhosha: 9:07am On Jun 04, 2013
i swear eja nla na in get sea , nobody and no bother ya self , the guy his pushing his career dont try to condem him , d banj na baba ,atleast his the richest guy in music industry now , don jazzy dont have the brain to hits like dbanj , for those you think dbanj is a slave to kanye , remember before you become a master in life you have to be a learner , na ijebu boy , ijebu boy no dey carry last .the have the most benefit,
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Lilimax(f): 9:09am On Jun 04, 2013
tellwsdom: Who else if not Don jazzy--d'banj is busy in the kitchen cooking and washin for kim cardiacarrest undecided
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Lusola15: 9:09am On Jun 04, 2013
This won't happen if he was still with dbanj

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by omo9ja1(m): 9:16am On Jun 04, 2013
but men are doing well you haters keep talking about them, they are friends for life
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by lionshare: 9:16am On Jun 04, 2013
pro01: Even D'Prince has fared better than D'Banj since the latter exited Mo'Hits. Take Banana and Goody Bag are bigger hits and receive far more airplay than ANY song D'Banj has released since Oliver Twist. All the so-called awards, shows, and endorsements are nonsense, since everthing still leeches on the old glory of Oliver Twist and other Don Jazzy produced hits.

OMG see the height of stupidity and ignorance. Comparing D'prince n Dbanj...WTF!!! Even Kayswitch is better than D'prince. @OP I am happy about this thread....cos about a year and some months ago some nlers were Dbanj would be dead by now. Besides, have you guys noticed that Don Jazzy is no longer on the list of the richest artiste.

http://naijagists.com/top-10-richest-musicians-in-africa-2013-p-square-2face-idibia-dbanj-banky-w-top-wealthiest-african-artistes-list/
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Rhino5dm: 9:18am On Jun 04, 2013
Lusola15: This won't happen if he was still with dbanj

Gaddammit!

Just look at how unhappy Don Baba J looked? Do you need octopus Paul to tell you that something is terribly wrong with this guy? No more awooff Bentley? No flying to US? Loya milk ambassador, like what da fuccck?? Don jazzy supplying diesel house to house??

Well, man must wack. Smh!
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by omar22(m): 9:26am On Jun 04, 2013
fubbyy: Comparing a producer and an artist is like comparing a footballer and his coach,even if the footballer is the world best,his coach is doing better because the footballer will fade,get injury or lost fitness while the coach keep getting contract from club to club until he gets old and feel like its time to rest

Jazzy is doing pretty well more than d'banj in every aspect and d'banj know it,he's(d'banj)only chasing shadows,breaking into american market? Big dreams, I still don't know why a grown man like d'banj didn't know why kanye is rolling with him,kanye is just using him to get more african attention and sell more records while d'banj is only excited for rolling with the world super star

I hate when people always say singers would fade comparing footballers and coaches, is Sir Alex Ferguson more successful than David Beckham? NO....

Dr Dre unveiled Snoop Dog and put him up there, but Snoop released another hit album produced by Timberland and Magoo, his next album was produced by Phirrel Williams...

People think Dbanj would not have another hit under another producer, well all his singles may not be liked by Nigerian but they are loved all over the world. Singers are not footballers Pavarotti sang into his 70s

Dr Dre who produced Snoop Dog also produced Eminem.... Don Jazzy who produced Skibanj could also produce ? we are yet to see!
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Lusola15: 9:28am On Jun 04, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Gaddammit!

Just look at how unhappy Don Baba J looked? Do you need octopus Paul to tell you that something is terribly wrong with this guy? No more awooff Bentley? No flying to US? Loya milk ambassador, like what da fuccck?? Don jazzy supplying diesel house to house??

Well, man must wack. Smh!

Are u serious he supplies diesel now my God. biz no dey move again ooo (all dis rice n beans boys don spoil diesel mkt) anyway sha I go help am. Make he come supply me diesel
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by chuksvee(m): 9:29am On Jun 04, 2013
Dat boy Dbanj has been a piece of sheet since d split up, u needed to see d reactions to d remix of scape goat ft kanye west, i always knew his carea ll diminish without jazzy, bt never knew it ll come dis quick
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by didoflex(m): 9:35am On Jun 04, 2013
To me they have both actually lost out.

They were the 'perfect' team.

Now I don't really think they are making big waves anymore with the Kanye and Mavin brands while other acts are getting more prominent.

Sad though. But that's life. You go up, you go down, friendships end, partnerships dissolve.

This is my opinion though.
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by omar22(m): 9:35am On Jun 04, 2013
chuksvee: Dat boy Dbanj has been a piece of sheet since d split up, u needed to see d reactions to d remix of scape goat ft kanye west, i always knew his carea ll diminish without jazzy, bt never knew it ll come dis quick

The mind is a terrible thing to waste...........
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by stylesco: 9:54am On Jun 04, 2013
horlajide: .[/b]As for Dr. Sid & D Prince, both can be seen as same class with K-switch[/b]

I don't understand how you can put D prince and k-switch in the same class. That guy has about 3 hit songs.
Give it to me
Take banana
I've forgotten the other song.
In my opinion he's a very good musician but he lacks swags.
He's just like he's bro very quiet and that's why people take him for granted.
That kswitch hasn't even one good song.

Please D prince is a good musician I prefer him to Wande sef.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Irohjohnpaulc(m): 10:00am On Jun 04, 2013
Don baba J all d wayyyyyy
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by rapattorny: 10:04am On Jun 04, 2013

Guy u funny,

Success is only relative,the beauty about breakups is the ability IN comebacks, even if DJ signs another artist today that will take mohits far above wat DBANJ did, that will not make DBANJ unsuccessful as long as he keeps making records,selling them and having quality shows.

We see this from snoop and Dr Dre. Dr Dre remains a quality producer till date cause of the talents he recognized in up coming artist and made them to superstars, i thing DJ should farabale and cook smething really sweet although Dprince Birthday song, i like bigtime.

But the truth of the matter be say, we dey miss their combination, DJ has not been the DON he used to be since after DB and DB has not been cutting it in hit tracks since DJ, SO me i dey vex, i think they should come together again cause we need to hear quality tracks, but i forsee a reunion of DB and DJ in the nearest feature sooner than later, abi MOURINHO nor comeback to CHEALSEA?

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by Abagworo(m): 10:20am On Jun 04, 2013
style$co:

I don't understand how you can put D prince and k-switch in the same class. That guy has about 3 hit songs.
Give it to me
Take banana
I've forgotten the other song.
In my opinion he's a very good musician but he lacks swags.
He's just like he's bro very quiet and that's why people take him for granted.
That kswitch hasn't even one good song.

"Jonsing" is the other smash. Why D'banj cannot produce another hit is because he lacks the voice of Don Jazzy which always marked his songs from "Why Me" to "Ogbono Feli Feli" to "Suddenly" to "Fall in love" to "Oliver Twist" even to the 1st hit "Tongolo". That voice you hear screaming "Ogbono Feli Feli", "If I tell them the koko", "You are just an Oliver" etc. is Don Jazzy's.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by airmark(m): 10:24am On Jun 04, 2013
style$co:

This is the height. shocked
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by iamdsam: 10:27am On Jun 04, 2013
Both have gained and both have also lossed in the split
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by iamdsam: 10:37am On Jun 04, 2013
rapattorny:

Guy u funny,

Success is only relative,the beauty about breakups is the ability IN comebacks, even if DJ signs another artist today that will take mohits far above wat DBANJ did, that will not make DBANJ unsuccessful as long as he keeps making records,selling them and having quality shows.

We see this from snoop and Dr Dre. Dr Dre remains a quality producer till date cause of the talents he recognized in up coming artist and made them to superstars, i thing DJ should farabale and cook smething really sweet although Dprince Birthday song, i like bigtime.

But the truth of the matter be say, we dey miss their combination, DJ has not been the DON he used to be since after DB and DB has not been cutting it in hit tracks since DJ, SO me i dey vex, i think they should come together again cause we need to hear quality tracks, but i forsee a reunion of DB and DJ in the nearest feature sooner than later, abi MOURINHO nor comeback to CHEALSEA?
I miss D'banj and Don Jazzy combination. I pray for their reunion. Africa at large would be happy if they reunite
Re: Don Jazzy V. Dbanj: Who Has Benefitted The Most? by lymelyte(m): 10:58am On Jun 04, 2013
Who cares?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chella – Nyash Na Nyash MP3 DOWNLOAD / VIDEO: Davido – Wonder Woman / Nigerian Highlife Songs Of The 1940s-1980s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.