Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,183 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York (26179 Views)

– Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. / BREAKING NEWS: Malaysian Passenger Plane Carrying 295 People 'shot Down. / Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by oddy4real(m): 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
so, can we call Obama a failure then?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 03, 2013
BLAME IT ON THE PIGMENT OH!!! NIGGERS ON RAMPAGE...WHAT A PITY!!!
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by AlyricistLaura: 8:02pm On Jun 03, 2013
Just another regular day within the Jungles of New York City.....

Nothing to see here folks, go back to work

Don't believe the Hype....Nyc is a rotten cesspit of chaotic doom & unimaginable filth, accompanied by some of the most heinous weirdos you will ever encounter in this world.....

As I am writing this post the lady next to me is pregnant , smoking a cigarette and constantly screaming "he aint bout that life, he aint bout that life"....while all sorts of vile pools of thick grey&white spit flies out of the corner of her disgusting mouth.

And her feet are filthy as well.

Stay in Lagos. It's more Safe.

5 Likes

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Samabu07(m): 8:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
All gun shot death/wounds on American soil have surpassed those from Afghanistan, Iraq and Vietnam put together.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by everyday: 8:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
And it is called God"s own country
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by coogar: 8:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
Diasporan:
There is no comparison bro.Yanks gat too much of gun violence.That is the point Piers Morgan is trying proove and he has been under serious threat in that same NY.That man is being guarded by CIA as i am typing these sentence.Any attempt for him to move alone they will take him out in NY subway

to be fair, piers morgan is not in a good position to talk about gun restriction in america.....it's blasphemous!
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by supaeagles(m): 8:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
Don't believe the Hype....Nyc is a rotten cesspit of chaotic doom & unimaginable filth, accompanied by some of the most heinous weirdos you will ever encounter in this world.....
As I am writing this post the lady next to me is pregnant , ...........Stay in Lagos. It's more Safe.
Hmmmmm.....so why are you not in Lagos then

2 Likes

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by mycon(m): 8:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
thought it waz naija
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by FreeWill01: 8:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
I couldn't help but look at your profile....after doing that, I am no longer surprised at your comment. Carry go abeg. LOL
mycon: o
OMG.....wat iz NIGERIA turning into naw.....people are juz killed anyhow...and the so called law wont do anytin...anywayz the law iz only 4 the poor....VERIFIED FACT
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by takeprofit: 8:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
with all their cctv?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
Dis Guy:
You know!! some yank on here was talking about how black kids are getting shot in london. like 16/year is a massive shock to the system

only to find out via *cough cough* watch the throne [murder to excellence] more yanks died in Chicago annually than soldiers in Iraq!

And Chicago isn't even the murder capital of America, despite the amount of people that get gunned down in that city annually. grin You've New Orleans, St. Louis, ATL is catching up, Baltimore, Philly, DC, Oakland, South Carolina, LA, Gary(Indiana) etc. where people get killed like it's nothing in that country. Yet they call, London, a place where only 5 murders(and that's the highest in like 3 years) have been recorded this year so far, violent. grin

The only time London was violent in the last 10 years was probably in 06/07 when people were getting gunned down almost every week in South London and parts of North London. And since Trident and undercover feds stepped in, it has reduced drastically.

Also, New York City is one of the safest cities(if not the safest) in America. grin

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by supaeagles(m): 8:09pm On Jun 03, 2013
nerodenero: How I wish it was wearing off but unfortunately things are getting worse or how do you explain this madness on earth?
I agree with the increasing madness but I blame humanity. We are doing it to each other undecided
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Diasporan(m): 8:09pm On Jun 03, 2013
CFCfan:
I tell you. Some gun fanatics believe they can use their guns to fight a Federal government that has nuclear weapons, fighter jets, bombers and cruise missiles! it's absolute hallucination.
Bro you don't get it.There is no way the American Government can fight the masses.The masses make up the America of today.No sane Military personnel will throw those missiles on his fellow American and the Government knows this.I was speaking to my friends last week that the Govt has succeeded in cowing its masses into serious fear.A good example is the threat that if you type A the American cyber space will detect it and you will be bursted but those things are far from the truth same with the issue of GUNS.That is the only thing an average American believes in.Am in favour of the background check for responsible and law abiding citizens but not taking it from them in totality as they are secretly planning

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 03, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
Just another regular day within the Jungles of New York City.....

Nothing to see here folks, go back to work

As I am writing this post the lady next to me is pregnant , smoking a cigarette and constantly screaming "he aint bout that life, he aint bout that life"....while all sorts of vile pools of thick grey&white spit flies out of the corner of her disgusting mouth.

And her feet are filthy as well.

Stay in Lagos. It's more Safe.

Gaddamit!! grin grin

RIP to the dead.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 03, 2013
OMG.....wat iz NIGERIA turning into naw.....people are juz killed anyhow...and the so called law wont do anytin...anywayz the law iz only 4 the poor....VERIFIED FACT
u're so funny.u mean United States of Nigeria grin
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by supaeagles(m): 8:13pm On Jun 03, 2013
shymexx:
......Also, New York City is one of the safest cities(if not the safest) in America. grin
Good point, considering the city's size in terms of population (10 million) and the number of incidents.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by AbuMikey(m): 8:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
Are you on weed??

2 Likes

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Diasporan(m): 8:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
shymexx:

And Chicago isn't even the murder capital of America, despite the amount of people that get gunned down in that city annually. grin You've New Orleans, St. Louis, ATL is catching up, Baltimore, Philly, DC, Oakland, South Carolina, LA, Gary(Indiana) etc. where people get killed like it's nothing in that country. Yet they call, London, a place where only 5 murders(and that's the highest in like 3 years) have been recorded this year so far, violent. grin

The only time London was violent in the last 10 years was probably in 06/07 when people were getting gunned down almost every week in South London and parts of North London. And since Trident and undercover feds stepped in, it has reduced drastically.

Also, New York City is one of the safest cities(if not the safest) in America. grin
Bro those places you counted can't be compared to Detroit,Chicago,Memphis and NY(Bronx,Queens and Brooklyn).For the other places they gat hoods but not much gun violence.Baltimore(Presently chilling in Bmore) cool and DC are like my second homes but you don't see that much gun violence but they gat bad hoods
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by manuelo130: 8:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
2nd ammendment rights of American does not translate to unregulated access and indiscriminate use of firearms.
Until Americans and NRA understand that; The Killing Continues.
Unfortunate though.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
Diasporan:
Bro you don't get it.There is no way the American Government can fight the masses.The masses make up the America of today.No sane Military personnel will throw those missiles on his fellow American and the Government knows this.I was speaking to my friends last week that the Govt has succeeded in cowing its masses into serious fear.A good example is the threat that if you type A the American cyber space will detect it and you will be bursted but those things are far from the truth same with the issue of GUNS.That is the only thing an average American believes in.Am in favour of the background check for responsible and law abiding citizens but not taking it from them in totality as they are secretly planning

True. The govt has been intensely monitoring the electronic communications of all U.S. residents, since G.W. Bush's tenure. The NDAA, signed into law by Obama last year, gives the president the right to assassinate someone within U.S. borders, without the benefit of due process of the law.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by AbuMikey(m): 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
But how come all these are happening in NYC?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by cutecisca: 8:20pm On Jun 03, 2013
Earth ain't safe no more oo
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by AdekunleBalogun: 8:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
Now the world is really going mad!!! I thought it was only in under-developed countries things like dis happens but obviously nobody is left-out of this siege of criminality. May the soul of the deceased rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Bigcake: 8:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
Gej is d cause of all this. I blame Buhari too
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by collynzo2(m): 8:24pm On Jun 03, 2013
cutecisca: Earth ain't safe no more oo
I can still walk the streets in Nigeria without fear of being shot by a lunatic.

2 Likes

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
Diasporan:
Bro those places you counted can't be compared to Detroit,Chicago,Memphis and NY(Bronx,Queens and Brooklyn).For the other places they gat hoods but not much gun violence.Baltimore(Presently chilling in Bmore) cool and DC are like my second homes but you don't see that much gun violence but they gat bad hoods

Come on, bruv. New York has been soft(in terms of American form of violence) since Daz and Kurupt crashed the Empire state building in New York New York tune(loooool) - and Giuliani locked-up all the thugs on Rikers Island. Don't ask me how I know, bro lool. They'd rather slash your face than shoot you in New York - and that's the honest truth. Only Detroit and Flint(both in Michigan) are as violent as those places. Memphis as well. But Chicago isn't top 5, but close to the top. New York on the other hand, is definitely one of the safest. Little Rock(AK) is more violent than NYC - fact.

Even jersey is tougher than NYC - fact.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by mamagee3(f): 8:27pm On Jun 03, 2013
It's a truly sad story!!!
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by ozoemeka(m): 8:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
tdade: 25 People Shot (6 Killed) Over 48 Hours In NYC

Mayhem in the city: 25 people shot in 48 hours
Three killed Sunday after three were killed Saturday. One of the wounded includes an 11-year-old girl who will never walk again.

Violence surged like the mercury Sunday, with three more fatalities from gun violence — and eight others wounded in shootings — bringing the total number of bullet-riddled in the city to 25 in less than 48 hours. Only Staten Island was safe from the wide-ranging spray of gunfire and sickening weekend bloodshed. At least 12 people were blasted in Brooklyn, eight in the Bronx and another four in Queens. The sole person shot in Manhattan took several slugs to the chest and perished in broad daylight.

Sunday’s first fatality was Ivan Martinez, 21, who was approached around 3:25 a.m. by a 20-year-old gunman and a woman at E. 139th St. near Brook Ave. in the Bronx, police said. The gunman shot Martinez once in the head and ran off with the woman. In the second fatal attack, a man in his 40s was gunned down during an argument in East Harlem around 1:20 p.m. The victim, who has not been identified by police, was blasted multiple times in the torso on E. 105th St. near First Ave. Less than four hours later, Damien Powell, 25, was killed after he was shot in the chest outside the Albany Houses in Crown Heights, sources and witnesses said. The victim’s mother collapsed at the scene, where shell casings littered the street, witnesses said.

In other shootings Sunday:
- A 21-year-old man was shot in the leg in the Ravenswood Houses in Queens at 12:10 a.m.
- A 21-year-old man was shot three times on East New York Ave., Brooklyn, at 2:36 a.m.
- A 20-year-old man was shot in the leg at Bedford Park Blvd. and Webster Ave. in the Bronx at 3:30 a.m.
- A 35-year-old man brought himself to Jamaica Hospital with a gunshot wound in the leg at 4:12 a.m.
- A 15-year-old was shot in his leg and back on Osborn St. in, Brownsville, Brooklyn, at 11:40 a.m.
- A gunman opened fire at Bedford Ave. near Lenox Road in Prospect Lefferts-Gardens around 3:25 p.m.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/25-people-shot-48-hours-article-1.1361388#ixzz2VAXlhtzm

The ploy to being about gun control, citizens will have to give up their guns to the government and then there will be a One world power controlling. Anybody found with a gun will then be found guilty. This is the ploy to get the people to surrender their rights in the name of pity, guilt and fear. There have always been shootings in NY why is the NY daily deciding to suddenly start reporting these? Adding sentiments like: And an 11 year old girl who will not walk. America is babylon

2 Likes

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by eyzeberg: 8:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
i m yet to see this as breaking news on cnn.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 8:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
shymexx: Only in America!! grin

And yanks talk crazy about unsafe London is, when more than 22,000 people are shot dead in that country every year.

If this should happen in London, best believe all the whole place would be on lock down with military police and undercover cops everywhere - stopping and searching every black person in sight.
If i remember correctly, some years back, you used to side America against the UK. What went wrong?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Lanresnett(m): 8:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
[quote author=nerodenero]End times already here and only God can safe us.The world has drastically lost moral values and human lifes are of no significance.

yea !!! oluwa pls safe us
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 8:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
is it a drug,gang war or a terrorist act?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

US Capitol Locked Down After Pro-Trump Protesters Storm Building / Alexei Navalny’s Mother Given Hours To Agree To Secret Burial / 40 Killed In India Bridge Collapse, 30 Critically Injured, Many Feared Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.