Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York (26191 Views)

– Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. / BREAKING NEWS: Malaysian Passenger Plane Carrying 295 People 'shot Down. / Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by andyanders: 10:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

there's no meaningful state i have not been in america and i would not stay in any of them.....NY? the dirtiest city i have ever been with everyone looking like bums? #spits phlegm#

what fact did you dish? if i roll my sleeves and start with you tonight, you would die of shame! tell me facts about the economy of america? what economy? the one that has made sure america has the higher number of homeless people than the poorest countries in africa?

like i said, you are mostly ignorant to the things you type.

You said the fact and straight to the point unless they have not been there.Even the traffic situation in NYC is something else.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by niggadee(m): 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
west always used their phony media to attack African and make us look miserable&terrible people on earth .. i've seen things here that are horrific,disturbed and disgusting but still their covered up the whole sh*t and hide the crime statistics... a lady that live in my street 25 yrs old Yvonne walsh was murder with her seven-month-old child yesterday morning.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

what's the point of having billionaires when millions are homeless? can't you see the daftness in your point? america is a capitalist country - everything is geared into money. there's no maternity leave in america.

they work themselves to death and the population is 300 million. logic suggests they would have more billionaires and more poor people than the UK......but to have more poor people than most countries in africa suggests something is not right!!!

like i said earlier, wealth has a different meaning to you. if we are talking about billionaires, russia has more per square kilometer than any other country in the world - should that then mean russia is better than germany? afam, stop arguing about the things that are beyond your IQ. the well-being of a country cannot be hinged on the number of billionaires they have - it should hinge on the country with the fewest number of poor people.
Pls let's desist from spreading falsehood. The last time i checked, the US had a total of 425 billionaires against Russia's 96. So, i don't know where you get such malicious lie that Russia has more billionaires than the US. You guys can just got to any extent to prove a point even if means pulling stats outa your azz. Try again.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by vowiski(m): 10:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
mycon: o
OMG.....wat iz NIGERIA turning into naw.....people are juz killed anyhow...and the so called law wont do anytin...anywayz the law iz only 4 the poor....VERIFIED FACT
cheesy
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
Let's get back to the crime and murder rates.

The two countries are basically brothers with the same language - gatts love for yanks, especially AAs.

UK = belly and brain of the beast.

America = body of the beast.

But still the same beast, ya dig? grin
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by collynzo2(m): 10:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
Dear me ........ here we go again, adults arguing about other people's countries.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by coogar: 10:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Pls let's desist from spreading falsehood. The last time i checked, the US had a total of 425 billionaires against Russia's 96. So, i don't know where you get such malicious lie that Russia has more billionaires than the US. You guys can just got to any extent to prove a point even if means pulling stats outa your azz. Try again.

96?
russia has 96 billionaires? they definitely have more than that unless you are counting dummies!

Afam4eva:
Why should we use the yank model and not the British model? Anyways, whichever model that's use still puts London at the mercy of NYC.

never....
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
collynzo2: Dear me ........ here we go again, adults arguing about other people's countries.

Bro., it's just banter and fun - nothing serious.

I'm just laughing my ar.se off, as I'm posting.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 03, 2013
Americans(especially New Yorkers) are soft-talkers and their accent sound soft as hell as well. But most of them are psychos. grin

They'll kill you just for the sake of it - they don't give two fvcks. Only an American would blow ya off head with a smile on his face. grin grin grin
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Chynx(m): 10:42pm On Jun 03, 2013
mycon: o
OMG.....wat iz NIGERIA turning into naw.....people are juz killed anyhow...and the so called law wont do anytin...anywayz the law iz only 4 the poor....VERIFIED FACT
Who is this and what have you been smoking? Did you read this topic @ all?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 10:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

96?
russia has 96 billionaires? they definitely have more than that unless you are counting dummies!
They have more than 96? Oya, let's see your proof. Shoot and don't talk.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by coogar: 10:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
They have more than 96? Oya, let's see your proof. Shoot and don't talk.

131 as at 2012.

http://rt.com/business/russia-billionaires-hit-record-485/

114 as at 2010

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/01862e52-3793-11e0-b91a-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2VBzcjXs5
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by tdade(m): 10:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Size is not even an issue for me. let's talk about economy and other cogent factors. Britain is a dwarf where the US is.
But size should be a factor in this case because for her size, Britain is heads and shoulders above US. Take Britain's 94000 sq mi and place it anywhere in the US - now you tell me where in the world you get an economy worth $2.4 trillion. That's right, NOWHERE!
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 10:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

131 as at 2012.

http://rt.com/business/russia-billionaires-hit-record-485/
Let's assume that it's correct or let's say it's correct. is that even as half as the number of billionaires that America has. Just accept that you goofed and move on. Next time you want to make assertion, confirm and be sure before spitting it out.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Inoknowbook: 10:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
collynzo2: Dear me ........ here we go again, adults arguing about other people's countries.

Ol'boy nawa ooo. E tire me too. And the irony of the whole be say I follow dey argue too. No blame me jare, na because say my city na NYC. Even at that, it's no excuse for the childishness of the whole argument. Thank you shaa, I don snap out of the childishness. cry cry cry cry
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by supaeagles(m): 10:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
All these people arguing endlessly for London or New York City.....my Sabon Gari beta pass those cities - has more character and happy people smiley
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by coogar: 10:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Let's assume that it's correct or let's say it's correct. is that even as half as the number of billionaires that America has. Just accept that you goofed and move on. Next time you want to make assertion, confirm and be sure before spitting it out.

but you said they have 96....
the point is even irrelevant - the number of billionaires in a country does not represent the well-being of that country. the country with the fewest number of poor people would be the best and you cannot argue UK do not have fewer poor people than america per population!

UK wins by default!
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 11:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

but you said they have 96....
the point is even irrelevant - the number of billionaires in a country does not represent the well-being of that country. the country with the fewest number of poor people would be the best and you cannot argue UK do not have fewer poor people than america per population!

UK wins by default!
Lol grin Whenn all fails, you result to your usual unintelligent assertions bereft of facts.

Of course there will be more poor people in the US because the US is a country with about 300 million people compared to UK's 67 million. isn't that common sense?

But most growth index puts the UK at the mercy of the US. It's not even a contest. It's a walk over.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by coogar: 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Lol grin Whenn all fails, you result to your usual unintelligent assertions bereft of facts.

you are a lunatic!
when all fails? russia with their huge number of billionaires is not better than the poorest county in the UK. why? cos they have more poor people than any country in the western europe. there's no middle class in russia. you have billionaires, a huge void and the regular joes. by your logic, russia is better than denmark? lololol

Of course there will be more poor people in the US because the US is a country with about 300 million people compared to UK's 67 million. isn't that common sense?

more poor people per population?

But most growth index puts the UK at the mercy of the US. It's not even a contest. It's a walk over.

which stüpid growth index?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 11:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

you are a lunatic!
when all fails? russia with their huge number of billionaires is not better than the poorest county in the UK. why? cos they have more poor people than any country in the western europe. there's no middle class in russia. you have billionaires, a huge void and the regular joes. by your logic, russia is better than denmark? lololol

more poor people per population?

which stüpid growth index?
You're a joker. You're just making a fool of yourself. So, a UK country is now better than Russia? I think you need help.

You're just seeing this issue in plain black and white. You're talking of standard of living while we're talking of a general appraisal of a country's worth. Scandinavian countries like Denmark, Finland, Sweden etc may have a high standard of living but when it comes to other aspects, they fall short. For heavens sake, these countries are small and really don't have huge responsibilities, so you shouldn't even be comparing them with titans of countries like Russia. Instead of the UK to compare itself with these Scandinavian countries, South Africa, Spain and France, they want to rub shoulders with the big boys. Shoe they say get size.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by coogar: 11:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're a joker. You're just making a fool of yourself. So, a UK country is now better than Russia? I think you need help.

UK is the heartbeat of europe....you should see how russians get into the back of trucks to come into the UK.

You're just seeing this issue in plain black and white. You're talking of standard of living while we're talking of a general appraisal of a country's worth. Scandinavian countries like Denmark, Finland, Sweden etc may have a high standard of living but when it comes to other aspects, they fall short. For heavens sake, these countries are small and really don't have huge responsibilities, so you shouldn't even be comparing them with titans of countries like Russia. Instead of the UK to compare itself with these Scandinavian countries, South Africa, Spain and France, they want to rub shoulders with the big boys. Shoe they say get size.

what could be better than a high standard of living? do you even know what you are talking about? what makes a country better than the other if not the well-being of the people staying there.

america's suffering index is way too high to be compared to most countries in europe. it's all about wealth distribution - it makes no sense to have 500 billionaires and have 20 million people in abject poverty. the scandinavians might not even have a single billionaire but poverty is almost non-existent: that's the way a country should be run!
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:

Afam, why do you hate the UK so much, bro.? grin I know the UK system can mess people up mentally, but it's a system where you may never get rich, but you can never be piss poor. And if you're the type that can work non-stop like a slave and know how to manipulate the system - you'll save enough to get close to middle-class out here.

And there are tons of people who have mastered the science the system and have become millionaires easily out here(like Indians). Also, UK is pretty strong for its size - its GDP is probably higher than that of America per ratio.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 11:28pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

UK is the heartbeat of europe....you should see how russians get into the back of trucks to come into the UK.

what could be better than a high standard of living? do you even know what you are talking about? what makes a country better than the other if not the well-being of the people staying there.

america's suffering index is way too high to be compared to most countries in europe. it's all about wealth distribution - it makes no sense to have 500 billionaires and have 20 million people in abject poverty. the scandinavians might not even have a single billionaire but poverty is almost non-existent: that's the way a country should be run!
Here's a list of the richest countries in the world which renders your assertion useless. While US is placed 8th, the UK is placed 22nd. This isn't even a contest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28PPP%29_per_capita
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by coogar: 11:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
shymexx:
Afam, why do you hate the UK so much, bro.? grin I know the UK system can mess people up mentally, but it's a system where you may never get rich, but you can never be piss poor. And if you're the type that can work non-stop like a slave and know how to manipulate the system - you'll save enough to get close to middle-class out here.

And there are tons of people who have mastered the science the system and have become millionaires easily out here(like Indians). Also, UK is pretty strong for its size - its GDP is probably higher than that of America per ratio.

eddy murphy's coming to america has deceived afam! grin

he's living in lala land thinking the country is rosy. it's a very shitty country. you cannot get to one end of the country to another without spending days on the road! you know a country is shït when you have 5 different time zones in it.

Afam4eva:
Here's a list of the richest countries in the world which renders your assertion useless. While US is placed 8th, the UK is placed 22nd. This isn't even a contest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28PPP%29_per_capita

this list is useless, it's not pro-rated!
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 11:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

he's living in lala land thinking the country is rosy. it's a very shitty country. you cannot get to one end of the country to another without spending days on the road! you know a country is shït when you have 5 different time zones in it.
If anything, Eddie Murphy's "Coming to America" paints the country as a ghetto infested one. It doesn't do justice to America. So, there's not way that could have been a motivating factor for my fondness for America.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 11:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:
this list is useless, it's not pro-rated!
if it doesn't sit with your assertion, you begin to invent English. it's either it's an American link or it's pro-rated. God punish Pro-rated. So, do we take what come out of your mouth against verifiable fact? What is wrong with you people sef. All talk and no substance. I've been the one producing links and prooof and all you do is rebuff them without providing an alternative.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by coogar: 11:35pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
if it doesn't sit with your assertion, you begin to invent English. it's either it's an American link or it's pro-rated. God punish Pro-rated. So, do we take what come out of your mouth against verifiable fact? What is wrong with you people sef. All talk and no substance. I've been the one producing links and prooof and all you do is rebuff them without providing an alternative.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Poverty_Index

that's how to rate wealth in respective countries....
afam, when you talk less, you would learn more!

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 11:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Poverty_Index

that's how to rate wealth in respective countries....
afam, when you talk less, you would learn more!
You just proved my point that the UK is a cesspit. How can a country so small yet competing with the US(a country soooooo big) somewhere down the ladder when the likes of Canada and scandinavian countries are far ahead. You should be ashamed for even providing that link. It just points to the fact that the UK is not only overrated but shameless...That wasn't even a report for 2007-2008 and things have gotten worse for the UK and other european countries, so their position now will be someone between pitiable and astronomical. it's a shame really.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by coogar: 11:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
You just proved my point that the UK is a cesspit. How can a country so small yet competing with the US(a country soooooo big) somewhere down the ladder when the likes of Canada and scandinavian countries are far ahead. You should be ashamed for even providing that link. It just points to the fact that the UK is not only overrated but shameless...That wasn't even a report for 2007-2008 and things have gotten worse for the UK and other european countries, so their position now will be someone between pitiable and astronomical. it's a shame really.

you are a disgrace!
UK is the dumping ground of the other liabilities in europe. they are having to deal with eastern europeans flooding their channels and yet they still punch above their weight and their people live a far comfortable life than the americans! things have gotten far worse for america since then than nigeria, america suffered in the financial meltdown!

watch them pull out of EU and see how better they would get. their pound is still stronger than the euro(the collective currency of her neighbours). it's a myth that americans live a better life than any country in western europe. if the human poverty index is high in america then having 600 billionaires in the country has no essence.

you have been sonned, afam!
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

Bwahahahahahahaha @ the bolded.

You travel around America and your time is still going to be the same thing. grin

You leave NY at 2pm, get to Cali, and it's still 2pm over there. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dead!! grin grin grin grin
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 11:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

you are a disgrace!
UK is the dumping ground of the other liabilities in europe. they are having to deal with eastern europeans flooding their channels and yet they still punch above their weight and their people live a far comfortable life than the americans! things have gotten far worse for america since then than nigeria, america suffered in the financial meltdown!

watch them pull out of EU and see how better they would get. their pound is still stronger than the euro(the collective currency of her neighbours). it's a myth that americans live a better life than any country in western europe. if the human poverty index is high in america then having 600 billionaires in the country has no essence.

you have been sonned, afam!
Bleh!

Germany remains the most important country in the EU. Should the UK leave, it won't be felt one bit and the French president echoes it and he has a good point http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/francois-hollande/10062935/Europe-can-survive-without-Britain-says-Francois-Hollande.html

You have been schooled. Now, you know the name of your teaccher, Afam.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
Bleh!

Germany remains the most important country in the EU. Should the UK leave, it won't be felt one bit and the French president echoes it and he has a good point http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/francois-hollande/10062935/Europe-can-survive-without-Britain-says-Francois-Hollande.html

You have been schooled. Now, you know the name of your teaccher, Afam.

America can't compete with the Germans as well. Germans are a different breed of people. Forget about what happened post world war 2 - Germans are overly efficient in everything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Magnitude 7.2 Earthquake Hits Japan. Tsunami Advisory Issued (Video, Photos) / 40 Killed In India Bridge Collapse, 30 Critically Injured, Many Feared Missing / Thieves Burgle Russia's Nuclear War 'Doomsday' Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.