Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene (23121 Views)

Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. / 100+ Best Tweets - Game Of Thrones - Red Wedding! / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by Irokoroots: 5:03pm On Jun 04, 2013
[/b][b]
bigrovar:

Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Haha, spoken like a true Lannister. I couldnt have agreed more with you about Robb Stark. He should have been the bastard, not John Snow. I have not read Dance of Dragons yet. I had to give myself a break with non-fiction. I am really hoping to hear more about my two favourite characters, Jamie and Stannis. I picture Stannis being killed though, if he is not already dead in Dance of Dragons.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by bigrovar(m): 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2013
onegig:

You are very wrong sire, Robb was like his father a man of honor.

Yes he was duty bound to marry one of the Frey's but he fell for the other girl whom he had relations with. He was torn between two honors. Should he dump a girl he pledged his life to or should he follow an allegiance he made.

Robb is an insult to the memory of Ned Stark, a man who rather lose his head than his honor. Catalyn was billed to marry Brandon Ned's brother. But after Brandon got killed.. Winterfel fell to Ned and he knew he had to honor the married to keep the riverland Alliance even if this cost him a chance to be with his true love Ashara Dayne noblewoman of House Dayne. Ned did what needed to be done. He always put his people first before any selfish consideration.

But i guess he choose the wrong one. It was his honor that killed him not the other way round.

Wrong, Rob had no duty or promise or allegiance to this woman he just allowed his flesh and heart have better of his duty and reason.. Freys fought and died for him in his quest to avenge his father.. all this he knew yet he still went on to marry a girl for selfish, personal reasons. In the end his life is not even the painful part. But loss of the north and winterfel is a bigger tragedy.
At least he made a recompense to the Frey's since Edmure is marrying one of the Freys. But I guess most times in the GOT nothing really plays out to logic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 04, 2013
My instincts were right, my freaking instincts were!!! angry
Rob dillydallied a lottttttt!
Since season 1 his father died, what on earth was he doing?
I am disappointed!
I just pray some Lord of light wizard finds him and brings him back to life or something like that. sad angry angry
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by Guddy(m): 6:01pm On Jun 04, 2013
delors: Finallllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy o1 My post made the FP? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
O ya, yanga don start...17, 18, 19, bobo, 17, 18, 19, bobo..

Your post made front page because Seun Is an ardent fan of Game of Thrones.
Congrats though!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by Fourcade(m): 6:03pm On Jun 04, 2013
Bia!!
Cyberknight which kain wahala bring you come this thread.Some people havent read the books,some are still in season 1 or 2 angry
God forgive that person wey spoil Season Finale for me angry
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by olu77emi: 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2013
Bebetter: [size=13pt]i and my friends were discussing a few days back that the starks seem to be a cursed family. after their dad was killed they all scattered in different directions, Rob & the mother, salsa in kings landing, arya lost in the wild, the two little boys left behind to fate, jon snow with wildlings, only for me to watch the episode 9. choi! see massacre! anyways, what its going to be is the dragon lady against the Lannisters... the era of the starks don wipe. [/size]

You are actually right; Stark was actually Cursed, at the beginning of movie, Stark beheaded an innocent man because of the encounter he had with snow walkers (army of the dead men)
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by GaNdaLfdGrEaT: 6:48pm On Jun 04, 2013
Osota: I was mad, I cursed the writer. But the mother of dragons is my next best candidate to win.

Nah, the dragon mother will die, probably betrayed by one of her Aid. King Robs Bastard (the black smith)will rule King Landing with Lord's Stark Tom-Boy daughter his Lady. They starks will have the last laff, [size=14pt]By the New and old gods!!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by sniperwolf(m): 7:14pm On Jun 04, 2013
I wonder I they reacted when Lord Stark's head was cut off
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by oluamid(m): 7:45pm On Jun 04, 2013
waleski: I am surprised that people are cursing the lannisters, tywin is a baba, u don't Bleep with the lannisters, rob stark is a sixteen year old boy, he is not tactically wise. In case u did not see it, they actually beheaded rob and put his wolf's head on his and even though they slit catelyn throat, she survived later in d end, As for spoilers, mance ryder tried to cross over d wall, jon snow stopped him with the aid of stannis and he became lord commander,joffrey died at his wedding feast after being poisoned with his wine, tyrion lannister was accused and almost died, while escaping he killed tywin in his chamber, littlefinger smuggled sansa out of king's landing,all in all, watching GOT doesn't do justice to the book, u need to read it to understand, hope I facked it up well for u guys

Guy you no try @all. Not good.
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by delors(m): 7:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
freecocoa: Na wa o,I'm still on S1E4 so make una take am easy.

Btw the film no too sweet sef.
When I started and saw seasons 1 n 2, I almost gave up because I thought the thing nor even sweet...I even argued (and won) here on Nairaland weeks ago say Spartacus better pass GoT...but bros, I changed my mind when season 3 start...the storyline makes sense die...full of unexpecteds...I bet u'd like it as time goes on.
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by delors(m): 8:04pm On Jun 04, 2013
Guddy:

Your post made front page because Seun Is an ardent fan of Game of Thrones.
Congrats though!
thank you jare omoluabi...oodua agbe o...your own turn self go come o sooner or never...

Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 04, 2013
Please tell me what I'm hearing is not true. I haven't been chanced to watch the last few episodes, I'm still at S3E6. God, just tell me this isn't true.

I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack.
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by firmi(m): 8:55pm On Jun 04, 2013
ItsModella: Please tell me what I'm hearing is not true. I haven't been chanced to watch the last few episodes, I'm still at S3E6. God, just tell me this isn't true.

I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack.
@ modella its so true their throats were slit like animals as for robbs wife she was stabbed several times in d tommmy after naming her son(if) ned stakk. gobsmacked right now.epic series i must confess
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 04, 2013
firmi:
@ modella its so true their throats were slit like animals as for robbs wife she was stabbed several times in d tommmy after naming her son(if) ned stakk. gobsmacked right now.epic series i must confess
Something vile, something terrible, something wicked and wretched must happen to the Lannisters next episode or I'm done with this series. angry angry
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by firmi(m): 9:03pm On Jun 04, 2013
naaa. i don't think so save the best for d last. that way d thrill of the series would be intact.and u will not feel the way you are feeling currently grin
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2013
bigrovar:

Robb is an insult to the memory of Ned Stark, a man who rather lose his head than his honor. Catalyn was billed to marry Brandon Ned's brother. But after Brandon got killed.. Winterfel fell to Ned and he knew he had to honor the married to keep the riverland Alliance even if this cost him a chance to be with his true love Ashara Dayne noblewoman of House Dayne. Ned did what needed to be done. He always put his people first before any selfish consideration.

I couldn't agree more. Robb was a big joke living in fantasies. What kind of person pisses of his two aces (Freys and Karstarks) in his bid to win a war? His mother was also incredibly silly for setting Jamie free. How can her daughters be deemed more important than those fighting for the future of the North?

beeboy09: This is not what I expect. I assumed the main characters would survive till the end. I am still in shock. The Hero of this series is Tyrion.

Tyrion is a great character. But truth is, no one wants a dwarf for a hero.

I do not believe the Stark family is gone though. After all it's "a song of ice and fire". Ice - north - Starks, fire - Targaryens. Jon Snow is most probably the hero of the series. For those who have read the books, the more Ned Stark's honor is mentioned, the more it seems he is not the father of Jon Snow. Jon Snow might just be the embodiment of both Ice and Fire. This is the most popular online theory about Jon Snow anyway. By the way, the death of Robb Stark even makes this easier.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by coogar: 10:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
bigrovar:

Robb was a fool, he is not worthy of being a lord talkless of a king.. he is selfish & immature... Catalyn Stark for all her fault give him good counsel but he was carried away by youth and felt too big to listen to his mother. He give his word and was duty bound to marry the Frey girl. The whole war, the north and the river land was reliant on that marriage. The Frey would guarantee him over 5000 men including mounted knights instead he throw all that away because of a woman. His father was a different Man. Ned Married Catalyn out of duty not out of love. He married her to keep the river land in support of the Robert rebellion.. He had to spun the love of lady Ashara whom he fell in love with in the tourney in Harrenhal as much as he was in love with her.. I never comprised his stand but went home to catalyn whom he was duty bound to marry.

Instead Rob lost Winterfel (for his strategic blunder of trusting the Iron Islanders.. as in seriously who in their right mind does that? Iron Island understand only one language.. War and Violence)

He lost his most loyal bannermen the Karstarks (who are the strongest allies of starks for 1000s of years) by not being sensitive to the mood of Karstarks catalyn's freeing of Kingslayer.

He lost the chance to finish off the mountain by not communicating clearly his strategy to his men

and he lost the frey and brought dishonor to his house by breaking his vow to marry a woman (whose family are bannermen to the Lannisters at least in the book)

Robb was reckless and showed no understanding of geopolitics in westeros, he was arrogant to the point of even chaining his wolf who tried warning him many times. I hate to say this but Rob had it coming.

Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

tywin lannister at the moment.........

Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by BloggingIq: 10:40pm On Jun 04, 2013
the starks just do not know how to play the GAME!
though I like them best with the mother of dragons
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by coogar: 11:26pm On Jun 04, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nfEgIZPwYs

this is the funniest shyte i have seen on youtube. dear lord, some people are mad funny!

lol @ "i ma punch a baby tomorrow"
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 04, 2013
delors: Game Of Thrones Season 3 Episode 9: The Most Devastating Episode Of All

I was among those who thought Spartacus was better than Game of Thrones weeks back on Nairaland...Now, I just can't help but change my mind...For those who haven't seen the latest episode, please check online. I don't want to spoil ur mood, mine is already spoilt. This is the most dramatic episode I have seen in a long while...I lost my appetite, packed my meal n threw it away. If not that I am a big boy, I almost shed a tear! Lord Frey is my newest most hated character of all! Don't think I'd be watching it no more though...for me, that's the end of the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE&feature=player_embedded

See also: https://www.nairaland.com/1243015/game-thrones-discussion/22#16032893
just finished seeing the red wedding episode, interesting but on the whole Spartacus is better.

Game of thrones employed magic and made the whole plot some sort of fantasy. For me, I just see it like a well written story. Spartacus on the other hand is real and feels like acted history. So the violence is a lot real like the viewer is being privileged to watch a true life past event.

Spartacus still does it for me.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by Drunk: 2:44am On Jun 05, 2013
I should have read this post before watching S3 E9. I am in total shock. I just can't believe this is happening now. The writer/producer is just a complete looser and has nothing more to write and decides to spoil everything. With this I am done with watching movies in Seasons, they are just easy tickets to heart attack or high blood pressure. I am totally disappointed in the writers. They did a crappy job.
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by VillageBoi(m): 4:46am On Jun 05, 2013
coogar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nfEgIZPwYs

this is the funniest shyte i have seen on youtube. dear lord, some people are mad funny!

lol @ "i ma punch a baby tomorrow"

Lolol I can only but laff in Japanese - hee-haw hee-haw hing-hing!
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by msay: 6:43am On Jun 05, 2013
cooltony09: Mehn..i've seen d next episode..rob was actually dreaming..it was all a dream grin wink..
Buh ceriously,who else wil remain 4 dat film..the lannisters..guess it's time to introduce the kardashians 2 make it more interesting grin
The kardashians will appear as sluts in this series
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by Kagawa: 10:37am On Jun 05, 2013
I was perplexed, i didnt even know what to say... i ws like WTF?? SHET... AAAAAAAHHHHHH...... JUST A StHE MOTHER OF THE KING OF THE SOUTH SLIT THE THROAT OF THAT OLD MANS WIFE.... it kept me thinking all night..... and that is how life actually, is.. in asplit sec... everything turns the other way round...
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by bunmit(m): 11:44am On Jun 05, 2013
ogugua88:

Really? I always hated the way Lady Stark promised Robb to one of Frey's daughters. It was such a contrast to Sansa's begging Eddard to let her marry Joffrey and have his blonde babies and Eddard's refusal to both Sansa and Robert Baratheon.

lady stark only brought d proposal, it was robb's decision to do it for his father n sistas release

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by coogar: 3:06pm On Jun 05, 2013
olu77emi:
You are actually right; Stark was actually Cursed, at the beginning of movie, Stark beheaded an innocent man because of the encounter he had with snow walkers (army of the dead men)

people should get over it - the starks have been cursed!

Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by nosique: 9:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
@delors, like you watch foreign movies alot. Good. I ve only seen some episodes and d scene i like most is where drogo poured hot liquid gold on his wife's greedy brother.hahaha:-D

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Cee-c's Sister Apologizes To Payporte On Her Behalf / Always Checkout:cancelled And Renewed Tv Shows List(updated),plus more / Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.