Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover (18001 Views)

Hilarious Picture Of Ajimobi And Akala. / Obasanjo Host Tinubu, Mark, Ladoja And Others At His Hilltop Mansion. / Oyo Stood Still For Ladoja And Accordparty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by akinalabi(m): 3:30pm On Jun 07, 2013
RedReact: To me, Ladoja-Akala pact is still a charade and it goes beyond what we are talking about now. Ladoja is smart and also vengeful, and he will surely give Akala a payback at what he did to him.
Another interesting thing is that Ladoja is a high chief in Ibadan, and for him to now team-up with a man that ridiculed Olubadan council (of which he, Ladoja is among) is funny.
Let's watch how it goes.

Anybody that ignores the popularity (in terms of ability to mobilize people and garner votes) of Ladoja and Akala does so at his peril.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by texaco1: 3:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
akinalabi:

Even though you are too biased and PDPish for my liking, I must confess you know what is on ground as per Oyo state politics.

Holding the Ibadan South West results was a deliberate ploy. Everyone wanted to see the results from Ogbomosho first. They knew that was Akala's joker so Ibadan South West was the ultimate joker.
thanks .i always state it clearly that ajimobi is trying no doubt but i know that pdp will go all out to capture that state with all legal and illegal means and ajimobi is somehow making it easy for them to beat him.he ajimobi has to start appealing to ppl now so has to gain the confidence back
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Olaone1: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
dayokanu:

How come with this knowledge, Adedibu was unable to win in APP until he moved to the ruling party?

Adedibus APP was not even runner up in 1999?

Who is Adedibu without the federal backing he got from Obasanjo
Don't mind them. Adedibu was a very clever man; always aligning with the FG.
Without federal might, Adedibu was nothing.

Larger than life my foot. undecided
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
One thing that can fall ajimobi is the indiscriminate displacement of traders. People are really not happy about it.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by texaco1: 5:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
django1: One thing that can fall ajimobi is the indiscriminate displacement of traders. People are really not happy about it.
thank god that now u are seeing reason with me,he is trying no doubt although i wont vote for him but in his stride to make an impact he is stepping on the masses toes.that is where the danger lies.in the case of lagos state fashola stepped on toes but majority didnt mind and tinubu was at the background doing the supporting job for him.acn doesnt have that kind of person in oyo state ,the masses are feeling detached and oppressed
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by emiye(m): 12:55am On Jun 08, 2013
akinalabi:

Looks like you have made up your mind about what happened leading to 2011 and nothing can change it.

But let me say this before I go.

All members of Accord today (except those that came after 2011 elections), ALL Accord members are PDP members. If Ladoja had remained in the PDP, they would all have worked for PDP. They left for Accord and won some constituencies to the detriment of the PDP.

Let me give you an example. The current federal honourable representing Egbeda Ona Ara federal constituency was a PDP strongman. Infact, he was in the State House of Assembly between 2003 and 2007 under the platform of the PDP. He was to contest for Federal Rep under the PDP in 2011 but when Ladoja moved to Accord, he moved with him and promptly won.

All those Egbeda and Ona Ara votes simply went Accords way. They would have gone PDP's way.

The political intrigues were more complex than you stated above. That Akala performed poorly so they needed a change so it was between Ajimobi and Ladoja so they split oppositions votes. On the surface, it makes sense but in reality what happened was far from that.

Remember that the general elections are not just about the governors. A lot of interests and ambitions come into play. Senate, Federal Rep, State Rep etc.

You have made a simplistic analysis that create an illusion that only card carrying members of a party are eligible to vote, what you fail to realise is, that i as an electorate vote for Ladoja and what he stands for does not necessarily means i will vote for PDP.

You claim to know so much about oyo state politics, observe the gubernatorial election in 2007, a two horse race of Akala of PDP and Ajimobi of ANPP. It will reveal another angle to you.

Note 2007 election , Ajimobi was rigged out of his rightful position
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by emiye(m): 3:00am On Jun 08, 2013
texaco1:
thank god that now u are seeing reason with me,he is trying no doubt although i wont vote for him but in his stride to make an impact he is stepping on the masses toes.that is where the danger lies.in the case of lagos state fashola stepped on toes but majority didnt mind and tinubu was at the background doing the supporting job for him.acn doesnt have that kind of person in oyo state ,the masses are feeling detached and oppressed

In a short while the story will change, the "crying masses" are like virgins having sexx the first time, it will be painful for a short period of time, afterwards, you know the deal. What is happening now is the way forward for the state, What oyo state needed terribly, any governor who tries to take the lenient and slow route, will find out in four years, he has achieved little or nothing.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Olaone1: 3:22am On Jun 08, 2013
django1: One thing that can fall ajimobi is the indiscriminate displacement of traders. People are really not happy about it.
Ajimobi WILL NOT win. Take my comment to your local bank.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Madawaki01(m): 4:45am On Jun 08, 2013
He cnt win..he lacked proper plannin..he was very slow at first nd den afta dat,he rushed into destroyin stalls..why cnt he provide alternatives before destroyin dem at least dat was wat bola ige did.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by akinalabi(m): 10:29am On Jun 08, 2013
emiye:

You have made a simplistic analysis that create an illusion that only card carrying members of a party are eligible to vote, what you fail to realise is, that i as an electorate vote for Ladoja and what he stands for does not necessarily means i will vote for PDP.

You claim to know so much about oyo state politics, observe the gubernatorial election in 2007, a two horse race of Akala of PDP and Ajimobi of ANPP. It will reveal another angle to you.

Note 2007 election , Ajimobi was rigged out of his rightful position

There is no illusion anywhere. The card carrying members and their followers make up the bulk of votes. These people are the ones that mobilize people, going door to door, community to community even at odds hours. Party agents are selected from them. These are tthe ones that risk it all, guarding ballot boxes, following INEC officials to collation centers and making sure everything is ok. Sometimes they get bribed and look the other way when figures are being manipulated.

When these people move in a particular direction, the effect tells on the total results. The votes of the "electorates" is an add on and not the core. This is how it will be until youths of today stop doing their politics on nairaland, Facebook and blackberry to go out there and particate.

I love the example you gave about 2007. Ajimobi wanted the ticket under AC and did not get it. He vexed and went to ANPP. Even though he lost (controversially), the effect of his moving to another party made ANPP get 11 house of assembly seats. ANPP probably would have had zero seats if Ajimobi had not left the AC. That's how it works. Unfortunately.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by jibsai(m): 4:59pm On Jun 08, 2013
tomakint:
You don't seem to understand Oyo politics, kindly read up Texaco1, RedReact, barcanista's posts here for more enlightenment!

I don't need to read any1's B.S...if uR still on d grassRoot politics dat as to do with sharing tv nd decoders lik we saw in 2011, sharing taxis okada nd all those stuffs den I am gonna pass...akala or ladoja can't stand dz ajimobi @ d polls nd dats ma take...
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by jibsai(m): 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2013
deols: Read the topic only

and all I can say is,
Mr. Ladoja may be digging his own political grave.

How do you hope to beat a PERFORMING governor by teaming with someone like Akala

Ladoja appears ungrateful to the good people of Oyo state who stood by him during his trying period.

We reject another Akala or Ladoja in Oyo state.

God Bless u plenty...Performing dats d word//yet we sound lik babies to some "self acclaimed political daddies" here...anyway time we tell
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by jibsai(m): 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2013
texaco1:
i will like to believe u are an outsider that has very keen interest in oyo state politics .that is ok by me i respect ur opinions and views but i disagree with them,we are all entitled to our different point of views.
as per 2015 oyo guber elections will u like to bet on it?i can put my car down.pdp is wwining NO CONTROVERSY

The car Akala bought 4 u abi Bet worEva u want, Pdp don't stand a chance here anymore// pass d mic
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by jibsai(m): 5:51pm On Jun 08, 2013
Madawaki01: he constructed d most roads during his regime..d eleyele water works,adeoyo hospital,d lautech teachin hospital[dis was frm a state govt],nd a host of odas
though am nt a fan or supporter of akala but we must commend him.

The same lautech teachin hospital fallin lik pack of sand...nicca please...akala came to B.C.O.S TV nd mentioned road he did wiv his bastard ssg, dey included ma area, a road dey graded wiv sand only...ajimobi's govt recently finished dat said road...amala lie lie politics is over is oysg and it is our Ajumose
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by RedReact: 5:57pm On Jun 08, 2013
^^^
Don't forget this words bro,

"Ise rere sese bere ni, ati wipe ina apa ko si mo"
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by texaco1: 6:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
jibsai:

The car Akala bought 4 u abi Bet worEva u want, Pdp don't stand a chance here anymore// pass d mic

grin grin grin wink wink wink we shall see
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by emiye(m): 1:00am On Jun 09, 2013
akinalabi:

There is no illusion anywhere. The card carrying members and their followers make up the bulk of votes. These people are the ones that mobilize people, going door to door, community to community even at odds hours. Party agents are selected from them. These are tthe ones that risk it all, guarding ballot boxes, following INEC officials to collation centers and making sure everything is ok. Sometimes they get bribed and look the other way when figures are being manipulated.

When these people move in a particular direction, the effect tells on the total results. The votes of the "electorates" is an add on and not the core. This is how it will be until youths of today stop doing their politics on nairaland, Facebook and blackberry to go out there and particate.

I love the example you gave about 2007. Ajimobi wanted the ticket under AC and did not get it. He vexed and went to ANPP. Even though he lost (controversially), the effect of his moving to another party made ANPP get 11 house of assembly seats. ANPP probably would have had zero seats if Ajimobi had not left the AC. That's how it works. Unfortunately.
I put it to you that the number of electorates who are not card carrying members of a party far outnumbers the card carrying members/family members. (Ratio 5:1) at least

Let us agree on one thing, in state elections, most electorates make their decision on the party to vote for based on the "quality of the party's gubernatorial candidate". Most electorates who voted for ACN's candidates for house of assembly, house of rep e.t.c did not even know the names of the candidates but voted on the strength of the Ajimobi candidacy and some other factors like failure of the incumbent PDP government at the state level, ACN party reputation.

If Ladoja had stayed in PDP in 2011, he was not going to be the centre of attraction, as at then PDP had trampled and relegated him so badly, that he was a nonentity in that party. The moment Ladoja lost out in the power play of PDP in 2006, his supporters base layed low and also technically became irrelevant,I am sure many of his loyalists holding one post or other as at then in 2006 could not secure it in 2007,except those who switched camp

My conclusion is that Ladoja's candidacy in 2011 brought a greater loss of votes for Ajimobi than Akala.

1 Like

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by teemlo: 2:07am On Jun 09, 2013
barcanista: That the Ibadan people will decide. In fairness, with a unified PDP,Akala wil easily sweep the votes. FORGET about ACN propaganda, Akala is loved in OGBOMOSO and in some section of Ibadan. Ladoja stronghold is in Ibadan... Were ADEDIBU alive, Akala will still have remained Governor. Pa Adedibu is a grassroot man and Ibadan strongman, he'd easily influence votes to Akala's favor EXCEPT the supreme God decide otherwise.
The bolded is a big lie, in fact he was rigged in to become the chairman of Ogbomosho North LG, no one like him in Ibadan except in his party(PDP)
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by akinalabi(m): 11:46am On Jun 09, 2013
emiye:
I put it to you that the number of electorates who are not card carrying members of a party far outnumbers the card carrying members/family members. (Ratio 5:1) at least

Let us agree on one thing, in state elections, most electorates make their decision on the party to vote for based on the "quality of the party's gubernatorial candidate". Most electorates who voted for ACN's candidates for house of assembly, house of rep e.t.c did not even know the names of the candidates but voted on the strength of the Ajimobi candidacy and some other factors like failure of the incumbent PDP government at the state level, ACN party reputation.

If Ladoja had stayed in PDP in 2011, he was not going to be the centre of attraction, as at then PDP had trampled and relegated him so badly, that he was a nonentity in that party. The moment Ladoja lost out in the power play of PDP in 2006, his supporters base layed low and also technically became irrelevant,I am sure many of his loyalists holding one post or other as at then in 2006 could not secure it in 2007,except those who switched camp

My conclusion is that Ladoja's candidacy in 2011 brought a greater loss of votes for Ajimobi than Akala.

Wow. Your analysis has given you away bad bad that you are not really conversant with Oyo politics.

Where did you get your 5-1 statics from? Lol.

Let me give you better statistics. I come from Egbeda lga. There are 11 wards there. When they hold ward meetings of ACN, they usually have like 200 party members per ward. That is 2,200. Each of those people can mobilize some of their friends, families, loyalists etc. I know I can mobilize 5 people. Some can do more. Some can do less. On the average, ACN can get 11,000 votes from egbeda alone through direct membeship and friends. With 33 local governments, that can get us 363,000 votes.

How many votes did we get in 2011? Over 400,000

Now imagine if these party members go in another direction, what do you think will happen?

No need to go on.

PS: Please give numbers to back up your 5-1 analysis.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by akinalabi(m): 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2013
teemlo:
The bolded is a big lie, in fact he was rigged in to become the chairman of Ogbomosho North LG, no one like him in Ibadan except in his party(PDP)

Do you know the amount of votes he got in Ibadan?

I'm not a fan of Akala and I did not vote for him in 2011. But we should not mix our personal feelings about someone with our analysis.

In Oyo state today, individually if you want to name top 5 politicians that can INDIVIDUALLY garner votes, in no particular order, you will mention Ajimobi, Akala and Ladoja out of the 5. It will be foolish to ignore the coming together of two on that list like you all are doing. They might not win as there are no guarantees in politics but they can't be sneered at like its been done on nairaland.

My point here is performance does not guarantee re election. The late Bola Ige found out. Performance with knowing how to win elections is the ultimate combo. Akala relied on just knowing how to win elections and neglected every other thing. He got massive votes that you have to wonder that if he endeared himself more to the people, he would have won.

In Lagos, Fash concentrated on performance while Asiwaju did the political work. Not sure how Ajimobi wants to play it. He need the politics as much as he needs the performance. He is a smart man and I'm sure he has he own plans.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by texaco1: 1:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
akinalabi:

I'm not a fan of Akala and I did not vote for him in 2011. But we should not mix our personal feelings about someone with our analysis.

In Oyo state today, individually if you want to name top 5 politicians that can INDIVIDUALLY garner votes, in no particular order, you will mention Ajimobi, Akala and Ladoja out of the 5. It will be foolish to ignore the coming together of two on that list like you all are doing. They might not win as there are no guarantees in politics but they can't be sneered at like its been done on nairaland.

My point here is performance does not guarantee re election. The late Bola Ige found out. Performance with knowing how to win elections is the ultimate combo. Akala relied on just knowing how to win elections and neglected every other thing. He got massive votes that you have to wonder that if he endeared himself more to the people, he would have won.

In Lagos, Fash concentrated on performance while Asiwaju did the political work. Not sure how Ajimobi wants to play it. He need the politics as much as he needs the performance. He is a smart man and I'm sure he has he own plans.
reading through ur posts i guess ur delivery has been better on the message and points i have been trying to raise and point out.well people have to understand that the real game and players are on the field and nairaland is just a fantasy island.
if ajimobi or acn is to win again they must start making peace with the grassroot and masses that feel betrayed .but if he thinks the beautification of ibadan willl win him votes then i wish him good luck
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by texaco1: 1:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
akinalabi:

reading through ur posts i guess ur delivery has been better on the message and points i have been trying to raise and point out.well people have to understand that the real game and players are on the field and nairaland is just a fantasy island.
if ajimobi or acn is to win again they must start making peace with the grassroot and masses that feel betrayed .but if he thinks the beautification of ibadan willl win him votes then i wish him good luck
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Anvaller: 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2013
texaco1:

Well stepping on masses toes might be one thing but I don't think that is his biggest problem. His biggest problem is the apparently impending implosion within his own ACN party itself. He seems to be be underestimating the doom the effect will cause him. The issues he has with his deputy, IP vs Lamist crisis,(and mind u, the Lamist are the mainstream, and the majority) the marginalization of grass root party members, the 2nd term or no 2nd term disagreement and so on.
There is a common political habit in Nigeria, politicians abandon a party where they are aggrieved for a party where chances and opportunities are perceived. ACN profited massively from such in 2011 when PDP imploded in Oyo. I want to believe (if they have not already started) that the PDP or whatever the opposition is would capitalize on profiting from the crisis by starting to patronize all the aggrieved guys in ACN. This will further disintegrate the party's unity cos rumors will then start going around that some members are starting to talk with the opposition which will further widen distrust and lead to further marginalization. Time is still on his side now, I personally think he still has some 6 months from now to straighten things up cos by the end of this year, things will start happening very fast and it will be too much for him to catch up with. So the little time he has is now.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by texaco1: 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2013
Anvaller:

Well stepping on masses toes might be one thing but I don't think that is his biggest problem. His biggest problem is the apparently impending implosion within his own ACN party itself. He seems to be be underestimating the doom the effect will cause him. The issues he has with his deputy, IP vs Lamist crisis,(and mind u, the Lamist are the mainstream, and the majority) the marginalization of grass root party members, the 2nd term or no 2nd term disagreement and so on.
There is a common political habit in Nigeria, politicians abandon a party where they are aggrieved for a party where chances and opportunities are perceived. ACN profited massively from such in 2011 when PDP imploded in Oyo. I want to believe (if they have not already started) that the PDP or whatever the opposition is would capitalize on profiting from the crisis by starting to patronize all the aggrieved guys in ACN. This will further disintegrate the party's unity cos rumors will then start going around that some members are starting to talk with the opposition which will further widen distrust and lead to further marginalization. Time is still on his side now, I personally think he still has some 6 months from now to straighten things up cos by the end of this year, things will start happening very fast and it will be too much for him to catch up with. So the little time he has is now.

hmm interesting,i have not been around so i dont know what is really happening but if trully he is having internal problems withing his party then he better kiss his second term goodbye
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by akinalabi(m): 3:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
Anvaller:

The Lamists are not happy. Not happy at all.

It's always dangerous to have too many aggrieved party members. It can scatter your party.

I know him to be a wise person and I'm sure he will build the bridges soon. The question is when because he should not leave it too late.

Do you know the number of members defecting from ACN? It's alarming. Asiwaju looks silent in his matters. I don't get it.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by emiye(m): 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2013
akinalabi:

Wow. Your analysis has given you away bad bad that you are not really conversant with Oyo politics.

Where did you get your 5-1 statics from? Lol.

Let me give you better statistics. I come from Egbeda lga. There are 11 wards there. When they hold ward meetings of ACN, they usually have like 200 party members per ward. That is 2,200. Each of those people can mobilize some of their friends, families, loyalists etc. I know I can mobilize 5 people. Some can do more. Some can do less. On the average, ACN can get 11,000 votes from egbeda alone through direct membeship and friends. With 33 local governments, that can get us 363,000 votes.

How many votes did we get in 2011? Over 400,000

Now imagine if these party members go in another direction, what do you think will happen?

No need to go on.

PS: Please give numbers to back up your 5-1 analysis.

the 2011 gubernatorial election had over 1.3 million votes combined in oyo state.

The easiest and surest successful mobilisation is your immediate family member(even that fails at times), any other mobilisation outside that realm is simply an act of salesmanship with no 100% guarantee.

i stand by my 5:1 assertion 1.1million(unattached electorates) : 220,000(party members/immediate family).

How do you understand mobilisation ? You can come to me to vote your Party, and i will simply tell you NO PROBLEM, and on voting day do otherwise, that is why people are not zombie, i will even collect the goodies you are bringing from your party. It happened so well in 2011 election. For every person you try to mobilise, an agent of another party(big ones) will most likely also approach him/her.

Let me even tell you something you might not be aware of, some of these party members attend more than one party meeting in quest of what they can benefit.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by emiye(m): 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2013
The ruling Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in Oyo State on Tuesday received a boost, as thousands of members of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and Accord Party from the Oke Ogun area of the State decamped to the party.

The defectors, who were from all the 10 local government areas that constitute Oke Ogun axis of the State, hinged their decision to join ACN on the good governance being delivered by the Governor Abiola Ajimobi-led administration and its sincerity and commitment to the transformation of the State.

While receiving the decampees at the Basketball pitch of the Lekan Salami Sports Complex, Adamasingba amidst singing and dancing, Governor Ajimobi commended them for their courage and determination to join the ACN, saying it was a demonstration of their appreciation of the party’s achievements in the State.

He assured the new entrants that they would be given equal treatment like the old members, urging them not to exercise any fear of being treated by anybody as strangers in ACN.

“I like to seize this opportunity to express my deepest appreciation for your declaration and decampment and I want to assure you that from today, you are not only a member of Ajimobi Movement but also bona fide members of ACN which is graduating to APC,’’ the Governor said.

Governor Ajimobi, who said that the ACN-led administration in the State would not engage in politics of bitterness, bickering and character assassination, stated that the party would continue to receive new members into the party to make it stronger and more formidable for future elections.

He also called on stakeholders and other progressive-minded people to join hands with ruling ACN to move the State forward.

The Governor told the mammoth crowd that the newly formed All Progressive Congress (APC) would be duly registered in the next few weeks and launch out to take over Nigeria through a democratic process.

In his remarks, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Political Matters, Alhaji Fatai Ibikunle said that the defectors were motivated by the performance of Governor Ajimobi, assuring them of equal and fair treatment.

The representatives of the decampees led by Hon. Tajudeen Badmus lauded the Governor for his laudable achievements, adding that he had achieved within two years what others failed to achieve throughout their tenure.

They also pledged their support for Governor Ajimobi in his resolve to transform the state and make life worth living for the people.

http://www.oyostate.gov.ng/we-were-motivated-by-your-performance-pdp-accord-party-defectors-tell-ajimobi/
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by akinalabi(m): 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2013
emiye:

the 2011 gubernatorial election had over 1.3 million votes combined in oyo state.

COMBINED is the word.

I gave ACN account only. Thats how it is with all parties.

I know first hand in my ward and in my polling booth that most of those we see on election days are those in one way affiliated to a party. Not all, MOST!

I guess my local government is different from the rest of the county.

Oga, I don hear you.

Looks like I have digressed from what brought me to this thread.

Only those that do not know jack will dismiss the coming together of Akala and Ladoja. You fit hate them, that's not the point. Point is if anyone sees them as irrelevant, that person has simply exposed himself as knowing NOTHING about our politics.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by texaco1: 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2013
akinalabi:

COMBINED is the word.

Oga, I don hear you.
matter die
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by emiye(m): 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
akinalabi:

COMBINED is the word.

Oga, I don hear you.

I was thinking you will address my submissions !

Or are you saying, that 1.3 million electorates exercised their voting right at the gubernatorial elections is not true?

Do not underestimate the power of unattached electorates, they tend to come out more to vote for a performing governor/politician. 2015 is not far, i have heard those who did not vote in 2011 tell me they will vote in 2015 because of ajimobi.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by akinalabi(m): 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2013
emiye:

I was thinking you will address my submissions !

Or are you saying that 1.3 million electorates exercised their voting right at the gubernatorial elections is not true.

Do not underestimate the power of unattached electorates, they tend to come out more to vote for a performing governor/politician. 2015 is not far, i have heard those who did not vote in 2011 tell me they will vote in 2015 because of ajimobi.

I edited my post above. Using a handheld so it's a bit tricky for me to type.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by emiye(m): 6:19pm On Jun 09, 2013
akinalabi:

COMBINED is the word.

I gave ACN account only. Thats how it is with all parties.

I know first hand in my ward and in my polling booth that most of those we see on election days are those in one way affiliated to a party. Not all, MOST!

I guess my local government is different from the rest of the county.

Oga, I don hear you.

Looks like I have digressed from what brought me to this thread.

Only those that do not know jack will dismiss the coming together of Akala and Ladoja. You fit hate them, that's not the point. Point is if anyone sees them as irrelevant, that person has simply exposed himself as knowing NOTHING about our politics.

Your analysis is too simplistic and fails to take in to account several other factors.

Of course at the polling booth, every one has a political party (s)he intends to vote for.

Human nature is so complex.

BTW, let the Akala and Ladoja even successfully work together first, i doubt they will as long as they stay in two different parties.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Benue Killings: Senate Rejects Committee Report / Benue Killings: Army Providing Cover For Armed Herdsmen – Tiv Leaders / Akwa Ibom Apc Suspends Membership Registration Due To Low Turnout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.