Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? (3249 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by saintvc(m): 4:14am On Jun 06, 2013
Just imagine if everyone was an atheist? How would the world be? Any difference,? Positive or negative,?
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 06, 2013
saintvc: Just imagine every one is an atheist? How would the world be? Any difference,? Positive or negative,?

Mostly positive

a) Humans will be more intelligent by some IQ points (http://freethinker.co.uk/features/atheists-are-more-intelligent-than-religious-people/)
b) Science would have less obstructions (eg creationist babble, spiritual healing)
c) Say no more to tithing and almajiris
d) Say no more to women being told that they are less than men. (science/secular beliefs put women as equal on a mental capacity with men)

e) say goodbye to the separation of north and south Nigeria based on religious nonsense.
f) Say goodbye to preaching that condoms are bad, giving rise to diseases and unwanted children
g) Human beings being more compassionate
-atheists are less homophobic
-atheists are less likely to be racist than christians/religious peeps

And so many other reasons.

The world wouldnt be perfect, the world wouldnt solve crime but the world would be clearly better.

2 Likes

Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by braine(m): 6:41am On Jun 06, 2013
^^
Seconded. smiley

1 Like

Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by braine(m): 6:46am On Jun 06, 2013
^^
Seconded. smiley
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 06, 2013
braine: ^^
Seconded. smiley

Thirded wink

1 Like

Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by braine(m): 6:57am On Jun 06, 2013
I really think the religions brought to us are a fraud. But what does one say about our own traditional religion¿
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by ninja4life(m): 8:16am On Jun 06, 2013
Nigeria would hav been better as we wont be considering religion as a criteria for choosing our leaders which hav robbed us of our wealth.also there wont be boko haram,there wont be nuisance caused by loudspeakers from churches and mosques,people will be more open minded,polio would have been eradicated in d northern nigeria and d world,there wont be religious intolerance,our leaders will be forced to invest heavily in education sector cos science and technology would be ruling,people would learn to take responsibilty for their actions and inactions,people would fight for their right and wont wait for 2 fight 4 dem.i can go on and on but i dont think i will like a world with atheist only without some religious fanatics to provide us with fairytales and their super stories which can serve as entertainment and ease some tensions,lol.
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 06, 2013
Very ill-thought-out responses. I'll be back. cool

1 Like

Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by MrTroll(m): 8:54am On Jun 06, 2013
What!!!? How dare you @OP? Do you want God(whichever version) to lose the wager? Do you want another deluge or incineration?

Psalm 14:1 to your black ar'se angry
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by MrTroll(m): 9:07am On Jun 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Mostly positive

a) Humans will be more intelligent by some IQ points (http://freethinker.co.uk/features/atheists-are-more-intelligent-than-religious-people/)
so if I suddenly become an atheist now, my IQ will automatically increase? Wow!!! cheesy now I've discovered the solution to my low math scores.
Logicboy03:
b) Science would have less obstructions (eg creationist babble, spiritual healing)
goes both ways man
Logicboy03:
what!?shocked no more private jets for our daddy GO oyedepo? How incredulous! angry
Logicboy03:
d) Say no more to women being told that they are less than men. (science/secular beliefs put women as equal on a mental capacity with men)
huh? Fallacy!!!

Logicboy03:
e) say goodbye to the separation of north and south Nigeria based on religious nonsense.
while at that, we'll abolish tribe, ethnic groups too cool
Logicboy03:
f) Say goodbye to preaching that condoms are bad, giving rise to diseases and unwanted children
how about preaching abstinence with threats of HELL!!!
Logicboy03:
fallacy. Because they're in the minority...tongue

Logicboy03:
like those poor ones above?

Logicboy03:
The world wouldnt be perfect, the world wouldnt solve crime but the world would be clearly better.
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mr Troll: so if I suddenly become an atheist now, my IQ will automatically increase? Wow!!! cheesy now I've discovered the solution to my low math scores.
goes both ways man
what!?shocked no more private jets for our daddy GO oyedepo? How incredulous! angry
huh? Fallacy!!!

while at that, we'll abolish tribe, ethnic groups too cool
how about preaching abstinence with threats of HELL!!!
fallacy. Because they're in the minority...tongue

like those poor ones above?

Go troll somewhere else bro wink
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 06, 2013
musKeeto: Very ill-thought-out responses. I'll be back. cool

Waiting for your post....you some nerve talking about ill-thought out responses.....
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by MrTroll(m): 2:22pm On Jun 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

sue me tongue

Seriously bro, most times you make poor arguments.

2 Likes

Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Waiting for your post....you some nerve talking about ill-thought out responses.....

tongue

I've moved on to another thread. Enjoy this one.
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by manmustwac(m): 2:36pm On Jun 06, 2013
The religious would have to think of practical solutions to their problems instead of looking to the imaginary dude in the sky or closing their eyes & talking to themselves
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by wiegraf: 3:50pm On Jun 06, 2013
Heaven?! Life based around using common sense, something we're sorely lacking.

Seriously, variety is always welcome. Religious just need to learn how to discern the appropriate times to invoke DOG! Tough, I know.

1 Like

Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by UyiIredia(m): 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Typical of logicboy. Handwaves cogent points instead of giving counter-arguments.

1 Like

Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 06, 2013
At the risk of being called a troll (with nothing to offer) smiley

Logicboy03:
Mostly positive
I do not agree. Hope you'll convince me..

Logicboy03:
You'll have to show how not believing in God would increase people's IQ. Were the atheists in the survey you linked to less intelligent when they were believers(if they every were)..

Logicboy03:
As usual, you've limited your understanding of theism to Christianity and Islam. The eastern religions like Hinduism and Buddhism have been open to science. I'll have to check up some sources later, but I think ayurvedic medicine had some influence on western medicine.

Logicboy03:
Lol. You seem to be confusing religious and cultural practices.

Many pagan religions including Sikhism see men and women as equal.

Logicboy03:
Total bullshit. Not even worth replying.

Logicboy03:

Logicboy03:
How does atheism make one less homophobic? How does atheism make one less racist?

Logicboy03:
Please post them.

Logicboy03:
Still not convinced. All you've done is projected the ills of Christianity and Islam on other religions.

1 Like

Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 06, 2013
musKeeto: At the risk of being called a troll (with nothing to offer) smiley

I do not agree. Hope you'll convince me..

You have become something else. smh

musKeeto:
You'll have to show how not believing in God would increase people's IQ. Were the atheists in the survey you linked to less intelligent when they were believers(if they every were)..

This is the very definition of a straw man. Did I say that atheism increases IQ? You seriously pissme off with this religious silliness. This is the same angle Anony would use! Stop it! angry

The op's question is- if everyone is an atheist/imagine if everyone is an atheist?

Atheism and higher IQs or intelligence are positively linked because atheists in this world generally live in better societies and are generally open towards science/enquiry. Higher IQs predict atheism according to studies.

The point here is that the things that lead to atheism are generally good for IQ....a better society, better standard of living and openess towards science.

IQ/openess/proper education pushes atheism.....so you have it the other way around

(Before you throw another straw man....I am not saying that IQ/proper education always lead to atheism but the fact remains that it does a lot of the time)

So definitely the things that would lead the world to atheism, would also lead to higher IQs

musKeeto:
As usual, you've limited your understanding of theism to Christianity and Islam. The eastern religions like Hinduism and Buddhism have been open to science. I'll have to check up some sources later, but I think ayurvedic medicine had some influence on western medicine.

You must be silly. Guy, just because you live in India, it doesnt mean that you know the eastern religions more than me or that you have the right to lecture me on these eastern religions.

Clearly you are ignorant. Buddhism, Hunduism also have sill anti-scientific beliefs as well.
Take for instance, the caste system in Hinduism. On what logical basis is it formed?
http://atheist-times..com/2009/07/silly-hindu-superstitions.html

Dont even get me started on some useless sects of Buddhism and some of their beliefs. Just because you have heard some westernized pro-science Buddhist quotes and some other sensible quotes from the Dalai Lama doesnt mean that Buddhism is pro-science.

Guy, shelve that arrogance. I have indian friends as well.

musKeeto:
Lol. You seem to be confusing religious and cultural practices.

Many pagan religions including Sikhism see men and women as equal.

Bullshyt. Most pagan religions are actually patriarchal as well.

Sikhism abi? Guy, just as atheism doesnt make one smart, living in India doesnt necessarily make you know shytt about Sikhism.

Yes, I have had a friend explain how Sikhism in theory (scriptures) doesnt see a difference between men and women- which is very true.
However, in practice lolol.....Sikh comunities are as sexist as the christian ones.....quite the opposite of christianity- christianity is becoming more feminist despite its sexist scriptures while Sikhism is becoming more sexist despite its feminist scripture. http://www.sikhwomen.com/equality/ideology_vs_practice.htm

So religion fails at the end of the day.

musKeeto:
Total bullshit. Not even worth replying.

What? Are you insane?

What divides Nigeria into north and south if not religion? Christianity and islam? Are we not divided by the two?

Guy, if you couldnt rebutt the point, why not shut up? Why claim bullshytt?

musKeeto:

How does atheism make one less homophobic? How does atheism make one less racist?

Again, you throw the strawman. Did I say that atheism makes one less homophobic/racist?
Christianity is a motivation for homophobia and racism. Reduce christianity, reduce a motivation for both.

Before you throw out your eastern religions. Jus remember that no Asian country has full gay rights and equality, especially the ones where the eastern religions come from- India, China, (Japan)

musKeeto:

Still not convinced. All you've done is projected the ills of Christianity and Islam on other religions.

All you have done is throw straw men and overhype Eastern religions. Going native is never a good thing... grin grin

Going native- means to adopt a foriegn culture when you live there and especially when you return to your home country with the foreign culture (as a business term)
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
Logicboy03:
You have become something else. smh
What does this have to do with the thread?

Logicboy03:
This is the very definition of a straw man. Did I say that atheism increases IQ? You seriously pissme off with this religious silliness. This is the same angle Anony would use! Stop it! angry
You may not have said it, but that's what your comments inferred.. But I wouldn't expect you to see it.. your LOGIC blinds you to REASON..

Logicboy03:
The op's question is- if everyone is an atheist/imagine if everyone is an atheist?

Atheism and higher IQs or intelligence are positively linked because atheists in this world generally live in better societies and are generally open towards science/enquiry. Higher IQs predict atheism according to studies.
What an ignorant dunce...

Which came fist? An atheist society or a developed society? When a society is developed, is it down to atheism of science? Absolute tosh..

Logicboy03:
The point here is that the things that lead to atheism are generally good for IQ....a better society, better standard of living and openess towards science.

What things, you SQUEAKY RAT? What are these things that lead to atheism that are generally good for IQ?

Logicboy03:
IQ/openess/proper education pushes atheism.....so you have it the other way around
Oh boy, you should go back to church. Even the choirmaster at my old church won't spit such incoherent nonsense..

Logicboy03:
(Before you throw another straw man....I am not saying that IQ/proper education always lead to atheism but the fact remains that it does a lot of the time)
Compare the bold above

I don't need to throw strawmen, you're already grasping at straws as it is..
Because your next statement contradicts this

with this nonsense in red below
Logicboy03:
So definitely the things that would lead the world to atheism, would also lead to higher IQs

Logicboy03:
You must be silly. Guy, just because you live in India, it doesnt mean that you know the eastern religions more than me or that you have the right to lecture me on these eastern religions.
That's how some iddioots would stay in the UK and claim to understand the Nigerian government better than Nigerians that live in Nigeria.. Educate me on eastern religions, my friend.. Like Google search results are equivalent to real life experiences..

Logicboy03:
Clearly you are ignorant. Buddhism, Hunduism also have sill anti-scientific beliefs as well. Take for instance, the caste system in Hinduism. On what logical basis is it formed? http://atheist-times..com/2009/07/silly-hindu-superstitions.html
Sheeeesh, no wonder you are logicboy.. YOU NEED TO GROW UP AND BECOME REASONMAN.. How does the caste system violate science... As far as I know, the devotees were classified based on their occupation.... Is grouping people based on their occupation illogical?

Logicboy03:
Dont even get me started on some useless sects of Buddhism and some of their beliefs. Just because you have heard some westernized pro-science Buddhist quotes and some other sensible quotes from the Dalai Lama doesnt mean that Buddhism is pro-science.

Guy, shelve that arrogance. I have indian friends as well.
A poor attempt to cover up his butthurt..

Logicboy03:
Bullshyt. Most pagan religions are actually patriarchal as well.

Sikhism abi? Guy, just as atheism doesnt make one smart, living in India doesnt necessarily make you know shytt about Sikhism.
Did I just read correctly?

Logicboy03:
Yes, I have had a friend explain how Sikhism in theory (scriptures) doesnt see a difference between men and women- which is very true.
However, in practice lolol.....Sikh comunities are as sexist as the christian ones.....quite the opposite of christianity- christianity is becoming more feminist despite its sexist scriptures while Sikhism is becoming more sexist despite its feminist scripture. http://www.sikhwomen.com/equality/ideology_vs_practice.htm

So religion fails at the end of the day.
Omg, did someone else sign in with your account? IF SIKH scriptures advocate gender equality, wouldn't any practice that violates its Scriptures be considered anti-Sikhism? Did you have african salad or pizza for lunch?

Logicboy03:
What? Are you insane?
What divides Nigeria into north and south if not religion? Christianity and islam? Are we not divided by the two?
Guy, if you couldnt rebutt the point, why not shut up? Why claim bullshytt?
Oh boy my brother, at this rate, I wouldn't even trust you to write a history of Nigeria..

The problems between the North and South go beyond just religion. Culture and tribalism also play a big role... Even if they had no God to fight for, they would still fight for cows and namas.. Why? Because of illiteracy..

Logicboy03:
Again, you throw the strawman. Did I say that atheism makes one less homophobic/racist?
Christianity is a motivation for homophobia and racism. Reduce christianity, reduce a motivation for both.

Before you throw out your eastern religions. Jus remember that no Asian country has full gay rights and equality, especially the ones where the eastern religions come from- India, China, (Japan)
lmao @ the bolded...

Logicboy03:
Going native- means to adopt a foriegn culture when you live there and especially when you return to your home country with the foreign culture (as a business term)
Is this the same dolt that wants Nigeria to be more secular like the United Kingdom he left?
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by Kay17: 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2013
Muskeeto made some real good points. Actually atheism vs theism are just a conflict of ideas, and there are many other things to fight over.

2 Likes

Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 06, 2013
musKeeto:
What does this have to do with the thread?

Lol....you seem butthurt....its been long I've seen Muskeeto actually emotional.

Ehem...was your first sentence in the previous post related to the thread? So why would you expect my reply to it be related to the thread.

musKeeto:
You may not have said it, but that's what your comments inferred.. But I wouldn't expect you to see it.. your LOGIC blinds you to REASON..

That is what you inferred from my comments. I never said or implied that atheism makes one smarter. How can you even accuse me of implying such? Me of all people. Maybe you mistake me for Ooman who says that atheism is perfect.

musKeeto:
What an ignorant dunce...

Which came fist? An atheist society or a developed society? When a society is developed, is it down to atheism of science? Absolute tosh..

What? Another strawman? What has this got to do with the fact that many atheists live in better or developed societies?

Who said that atheism develops a country? Guy you have nothing

By the way, your question is irrelevant....it doesnt matter whether an atheist society comes first or developed society comes first- it could be argued both ways and it would not change the fact that many atheists live in developed societies.

musKeeto:
What things, you SQUEAKY RAT? What are these things that lead to atheism that are generally good for IQ?

So you ignored the fact that I mentioned a better society and proper education so that you could call me a squeaky rat?

lol,,,,you are losing it

musKeeto:
Oh boy, you should go back to church. Even the choirmaster at my old church won't spit such incoherent nonsense..

Wow, such a mature rebuttal grin grin

musKeeto:
Compare the bold above

Empty..

musKeeto:
I don't need to throw strawmen, you're already grasping at straws as it is..
Because your next statement contradicts this

with this nonsense in red below

Seeing contradictions and nonsense where they dont exist.....are you spiritual? grin grin grin grin

musKeeto:
That's how some iddioots would stay in the UK and claim to understand the Nigerian government better than Nigerians that live in Nigeria.. Educate me on eastern religions, my friend.. Like Google search results are equivalent to real life experiences..

lol.....I lived in Nigeria before moving to the UK- if you are referring to me out of ignorance wink

Google is god.....omniscient to the skillful searcher....lolol

Jokes aside. The east is more than India....dunce

musKeeto:
Sheeeesh, no wonder you are logicboy.. YOU NEED TO GROW UP AND BECOME REASONMAN.. How does the caste system violate science... As far as I know, the devotees were classified based on their occupation.... Is grouping people based on their occupation illogical?

Caste system is based on hereditary and occuptation. You are born into an "untouchable" family and you are screened from marrying and left to do hard labour jobs. You carry-on from the shitty jobs your untouchable parents had

If you find such discrimnatory nonsense logical...good for you. You have shown how irrational you are-

Social status of Dalits
History

In the context of traditional Hindu society, Dalit status has often been historically associated with occupations regarded as ritually impure, such as any involving leatherwork, butchering, or removal of rubbish, animal carcasses, and waste. Dalits worked as manual labourers cleaning streets, latrines, and sewers.[27] Engaging in these activities was considered to be polluting to the individual, and this pollution was considered contagious. As a result, Dalits were commonly segregated, and banned from full participation in Hindu social life.

musKeeto:
A poor attempt to cover up his butthurt..

grin grin grin
Nice rebuttal there.....very mature

musKeeto:
Did I just read correctly?

Yawn

musKeeto:
Omg, did someone else sign in with your account? IF SIKH scriptures advocate gender equality, wouldn't any practice that violates its Scriptures be considered anti-Sikhism? Did you have african salad or pizza for lunch?

Not necessarily....loopholes technicalities and inconsistencies of scriptures always give religions an ambiguous and self-contradictory status.

For instance, while the original gurus were saying that women and men should be equal...these gurus were mostly men....what does that do for women in leadership?

musKeeto:
Oh boy my brother, at this rate, I wouldn't even trust you to write a history of Nigeria..

The problems between the North and South go beyond just religion. Culture and tribalism also play a big role... Even if they had no God to fight for, they would still fight for cows and namas.. Why? Because of illiteracy..

Straw manning again.

There is tribalism but that is irrelevant. The fact remains that there is a religious division between the north and south

Religion is one of the problems. Simple maths- remove religion and you have one less problem. You now only have tribalism to deal with.

musKeeto:
lmao @ the bolded...

Yawn

musKeeto:
Is this the same dolt that wants Nigeria to be more secular like the United Kingdom he left?

Yes because secularism is cultural or tribalistic.

Guy.....your straw men are quite numerous....careful they catch fire and backfire...too late...
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 06, 2013
Kay 17: Muskeeto made some real good points. Actually atheism vs theism are just a conflict of ideas, and there are many other things to fight over.

Yawn

1) He denied that there was a religious divide between the north and south
2) He claimed that many pagan religions see men and women as equal. That is totally false as most pagan religions are actually patriarchal.
3) He denied the fact that christianity is a good motivation for homophobia and racism
4) He straw manned my postion that I iplied that atheism makes people intelligent.

Like I said before, it is now a norm to say things not because they are true but because they are against Logicboy....

lol....sorry..
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 06, 2013
Logicboy03:
Lol....you seem butthurt....its been long I've seen Muskeeto actually emotional.
Don't mistake me for Alfamann. I don't have time to waste emotions over nonsense on NL. I just hoped that by mirroring you, I'd let you know that it's good to let your intelligence speak louder than your emotions when you post. That's what the religious are mostly guilty of. Skimming through your latest reply, it seems it worked. Congrats.

Logicboy03:
Ehem...was your first sentence in the previous post related to the thread? So why would you expect my reply to it be related to the thread.
Is it wrong to expect anything from you?

Logicboy03:
That is what you inferred from my comments. I never said or implied that atheism makes one smarter. How can you even accuse me of implying such? Me of all people. Maybe you mistake me for Ooman who says that atheism is perfect.
After being seconded and then 'thirding', you slyly want to shift posts...

The Op was 'what if everyone was atheist'... your reply was 'humans will be more intelligent by some IQ points'.. pls, what inference was any honest reader going to draw from this?

Logicboy03:
What? Another strawman? What has this got to do with the fact that many atheists live in better or developed societies?
Who said that atheism develops a country? Guy you have nothing
By the way, your question is irrelevant....it doesnt matter whether an atheist society comes first or developed society comes first- it could be argued both ways and it would not change the fact that many atheists live in developed societies.

LOGICBOY, can you honestly say that ATHEISM would raise an under developed country into the ranks of developed countries? If atheism is far more dominant in more developed countries, isn't that an indicator of good scientific application in everyday life? Is science atheism?

Development of a nation has nothing to do with beliefs in God. Science has nothing or little to do with theism or atheism.

Logicboy03:
So you ignored the fact that I mentioned a better society and proper education so that you could call me a squeaky rat?
lol,,,,you are losing it

grin

Logicboy03:
Wow, such a mature rebuttal grin grin
Good. You're calm now. Don't make me have to put my dogs on you again..

Logicboy03:
Empty..
Seeing contradictions and nonsense where they dont exist.....are you spiritual? grin grin grin grin
Read Uyi's earlier post.

Logicboy03:
lol.....I lived in Nigeria before moving to the UK- if you are referring to me out of ignorance wink
Who was referring to you?

Logicboy03:
Google is god.....omniscient to the skillful searcher....lolol
GOD supposedly owns knowledge, GOOGLE only indexes it..

Logicboy03:
Jokes aside. The east is more than India....dunce
Are we talking Geography or eastern religions here? undecided

Logicboy03:
Caste system is based on [b]hereditary and occuptation[/b]. You are born into an "untouchable" family and you are screened from marrying and left to do hard labour jobs. You carry-on from the shitty jobs your untouchable parents had
If you find such discrimnatory nonsense logical...good for you. You have shown how irrational you are
So how did sons of merchants become IT engineers today? I'm sure you have no knowledge of this caste system. Google search results are as reliable as your sentiments want them to be.

Logicboy03:
grin grin grin
Nice rebuttal there.....very mature
Yawn
You should do a remix to 'Speechless" by MJ...

Logicboy03:
Not necessarily....loopholes technicalities and inconsistencies of scriptures always give religions an ambiguous and self-contradictory status.
Please tell your Indian friends to show you the loopholes that exist in Sikhism that discourage gender equality...

Logicboy03:
For instance, while the original gurus were saying that women and men should be equal...these gurus were mostly men....what does that do for women in leadership?
If only you'd question evolution for giving men 'sperm' and women 'ovaries'... Maybe each gender should have both..

And if you think about the foregoing well enough, you'd get my point.. It's in no way an attack on evolution.. I have to do this so you don't start whining about evolution....

Logicboy03:
There is tribalism but that is irrelevant. The fact remains that there is a religious division between the north and south

Religion is one of the problems. Simple maths- remove religion and you have one less problem. You now only have tribalism to deal with.
Milo - The food drink of future champions..

Logicboy03:
Yawn
Yes because secularism is cultural or tribalistic.
And therein lies the rebuttal to the nonsense you posted earlier.. Understanding, accommodating and learning from a people's culture makes you secular. It doesn't mean you have to devalue or even deny yours.

Logicboy03:
Guy.....your straw men are quite numerous....careful they catch fire and backfire...too late...
I think you should get a straw and sip on some cold Red Bull...
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by MrTroll(m): 10:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
Logicsmallboy, you need to yield man. Its quite embarrasing for you now. Anony will be proud of the Anonyism you're pulling grin

Never mind, come back and disgrace yourself some more tongue
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by Nobody: 5:39am On Jun 07, 2013
musKeeto:
Don't mistake me for Alfamann. I don't have time to waste emotions over nonsense on NL. I just hoped that by mirroring you, I'd let you know that it's good to let your intelligence speak louder than your emotions when you post. That's what the religious are mostly guilty of. Skimming through your latest reply, it seems it worked. Congrats.

Yeah, right. smh

Everyone has emotions....some more than others.

musKeeto:
Is it wrong to expect anything from you?

What?

musKeeto:
After being seconded and then 'thirding', you slyly want to shift posts...

Guy, there is no shifting of posts. All I did was shift away from your straw men.

You are so silly that you couldnt even admit that you misunderstood me. You keep throwing straw men.

Feel free to quote me where I said that atheism develops society because I didnt.

This is actually becoming irritating

musKeeto:
The Op was 'what if everyone was atheist'... your reply was 'humans will be more intelligent by some IQ points'.. pls, what inference was any honest reader going to draw from this?

1) The op didnt ask "if everyone immediately became atheists". Now that would be very clear that I was saying that atheism makes one smarter.

2) The point here is simple; the things that would lead everyone in the world to become atheists would also lead the world to be more intelligent. Better standards of living, better education, openess to science etc

3) As someone that knows me. You, Muskeeto should have known better than to accuse me of implying that atheism makes one smarter. I have been saying that atheism is empty disbelief all over this forum. If you didnt understand me or at least gave me a benefit of doubt and asked if I was saying so, you wouldnt be in this mess.

musKeeto:
LOGICBOY, can you honestly say that ATHEISM would raise an under developed country into the ranks of developed countries? If atheism is far more dominant in more developed countries, isn't that an indicator of good scientific application in everyday life? Is science atheism?

I never said that atheism develops a country. To develop a country, you need secularism, strong justice system, higher levels of education, good service and manufacturing industries to provide jobs for the masses, equitable balance of trade and a higher standard of living.

You have argued a straw man again. I never said that atheism develops a country. I never said that science is atheism.

musKeeto:
Development of a nation has nothing to do with beliefs in God. Science has nothing or little to do with theism or atheism.

Nice point but it doesnt negate whatever I said.

As for the second sentence, science does push many into atheism. We have notable examples.

musKeeto:
Good. You're calm now. Don't make me have to put my dogs on you again..

musKeeto:
Read Uyi's earlier post.

musKeeto:
Who was referring to you?

lol....backpedaling

musKeeto:
GOD supposedly owns knowledge, GOOGLE only indexes it..

No, the engineers own google.

musKeeto:
Are we talking Geography or eastern religions here? undecided

Geography bro...."Eastern" implies location.

I noticed how you listed the religions that have had a strong indian influence- buddhism, sikhism, hinduism

What about the Eastern religions of Shintoism and popular religion/Taoism?

Oh wait, Japan and China are different countries from India.

The difference between me and you is that I can think beyond my surroundings. cool

musKeeto:
So how did sons of merchants become IT engineers today? I'm sure you have no knowledge of this caste system. Google search results are as reliable as your sentiments want them to be.

I guess that you missed the fact that british colonization and later, globalization helped reduce the nonsense of the caste system.

Wait a minute! You are igbo! There is also a caste system in some Igbo traditions. Is that why you were claiming that this discriminatory caste system is not illogical? Just a question oooo. No tribalism here....just a question grin

musKeeto:
You should do a remix to 'Speechless" by MJ...

I prefer to be dangerous. cool

^^^
I go yab you if you missed the pun there

musKeeto:
Please tell your Indian friends to show you the loopholes that exist in Sikhism that discourage gender equality...

The very fact that the guru leaders were men and still mostly men up till this day nko?
http://www.sikhismguide.org/gurus.aspx

musKeeto:
If only you'd question evolution for giving men 'sperm' and women 'ovaries'... Maybe each gender should have both..

And if you think about the foregoing well enough, you'd get my point.. It's in no way an attack on evolution.. I have to do this so you don't start whining about evolution....

Women are physically different from men. Still doesnt mean that they are not mentally equal.

Anyway, your point about eveolution is irrelevant. Stick to what were discussing.

Straw men seem to be your hobby

musKeeto:
Milo - The food drink of future champions..

Dafuq?

Guy, if you have no sensible reply....

musKeeto:
And therein lies the rebuttal to the nonsense you posted earlier.. Understanding, accommodating and learning from a people's culture makes you secular. It doesn't mean you have to devalue or even deny yours.

lies what? Secularism is not about culture but mostly about being devoid of religion

You have succeeded in making no points.

musKeeto:
I think you should get a straw and sip on some cold Red Bull...

Sorry, I am more diet savvy than that...I dont drink energy drinks. cool
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 07, 2013
Mr Troll: Logicsmallboy, you need to yield man. Its quite embarrasing for you now. Anony will be proud of the Anonyism you're pulling grin

Never mind, come back and disgrace yourself some more tongue

lol........

#I know your real username
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by UyiIredia(m): 7:49am On Jun 07, 2013
I think I'll leave musKeeto to deal with logicboy. He's doing a good job of it. Logicboy should consider that many atheists were once in religion too. That didn't make them less intelligent.
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 07, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I think I'll leave musKeeto to deal with logicboy. He's doing a good job of it. Logicboy should consider that many atheists were once in religion too. That didn't make them less intelligent.

See what muskeeto has caused? Foolishness of the highest level.

Did I say that religion necessarily makes one less intelligent? Strawmnanning again.

like I said....it is fashionable to say things not because they are true but because they are against logicboy.

Keep praising muskeeto
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 07, 2013
oh boy, you win..

Carry go...
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 10:42am On Jun 07, 2013
saintvc: Just imagine every one is an atheist? How would the world be? Any difference,? Positive or negative,?

Things might be better or worse...No one knows. . . .
Re: Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist? by MrTroll(m): 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol........

#I know your real username
No you don't. I dare you to say it!

Anyway nice one so far. You've succeeded in moving far away from your initial position. Much like Ihedinobi when caught in his own web of twisty logic. He'll start a long escapism essay and at the end claim that he was misunderstood by everybody. cheesy. . .

. . . Except Anony grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It True That The Bodies Of Some Saints Are Incorruptible? / How Pastor Nearly Killed 7months Pregnant Woman: What Happened To The Unborn Bab / Signs And Symbols Of Satan And His Agents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.