Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,691 members, 7,813,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. (36489 Views)

GEJ Losing A Poll Carried Out By His Aide / Breaking News: Supreme Court Sacks Kebbi Gov, Orders Fresh Election / Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by yemmight(m): 10:26am On Jun 07, 2013
No matter what your wife might have done wrong, kneeling down for your subordinate is not the solution. The humiliation is unbearable for womanhood. That woman will never forget in her life. Even as husbands, we should learn to respect our wives. No one is impeccable. Does it mean that he has not done something worse to his wife before? What about if the situation is way round? Some of the people commenting here are singles, if you are married you will then know that both husbands and wives are equal. It is archaic to start treating our wives as slaves. Come to think of it, this news is everywhere. Who should be ashamed?

2 Likes

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by todayguest(m): 10:27am On Jun 07, 2013
There are lesons here. Many times we speak without caution. Men and women are guilty in act like this. Accusing without substantive evidence.
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by skibochi(m): 10:47am On Jun 07, 2013
Well, the woman was actually given a choice to end the marriage....if she had real conviction that her husband was actually having this affair, she could have called it quit and the man can come running back to her for forgiveness if we eventually find that it is true.

What i will not tolerate if for you to start telling any tom, dick and family member about our issues. That is for you and i to settle not them. We should first remove the dirt in our iwn eye before trying to remove for others.

1 Like

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by chacha3(f): 10:50am On Jun 07, 2013
israel007: The wife's accusation is most def right. Either that or the man is bleeping his aide. Else why would u humiliate your wife like that before an aide! Rubhish
that wil be over my dead body. Rubbish.
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by chax100(f): 11:01am On Jun 07, 2013
Poor woman, your husband lacks wisdom and good judgment. I feel for you. What a humiliation!

2 Likes

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by collynzo2(m): 11:03am On Jun 07, 2013
skibochi:

What i will not tolerate if for you to start telling any tom, dick and family member about our issues. That is for you and i to settle not them. We should first remove the dirt in our iwn eye before trying to remove for others.
That's the point, the woman had been embarassing the man for over 2 years by telling everyone about their 'problems' according to the article. Both were wrong, but we don't have the full details anyway.
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by SlimSeyI(m): 11:06am On Jun 07, 2013
enm:

I no know I go take talk am make you understand me. since 2011 the wife and the aide/brother set do running battle for the house say the aide/brother dey arranged babe for him brother.

Shey you wan tell me say, the three of them never trash the matter among themselves, I believe say other family members including the wife own go don put mouth for the case.

Shey you wan tell me say when the woman go meet her brother inlaw /husband aide, " she just say bros abi my husband I hear say you dey arrange babe for my husband? " I don't think so because the brother waaka go report the case give him bros wey be the woman husband because the woman go don show him pepper and being the responsible and gentleman that he is he went to table the matter before his bros.

For the husband to do that to his wife ( I believe its too harsh a treatment) the wife must have said and done things that is not expected of a reasonable human being and I believe the man did what he did out of anger and frustration.

You see most women in such position do things that you yourself won't do. let me gist you a true story. a woman is a wife to one of aig of police in this country while driving had a collision with another vehicle and according to everybody she was at fault. Inside the car she was driving was one of her husband aide or orderly. instead of her to accept her mistake and resolve the issue peacefully she started to assault the other driver and threatening to arrest him and when her husband orderly tried to make her see reason she started to land slap not once or twice and insulting the orderly. Now if you are that woman husband how will you feel.

As i stated earlier that we did not got the full gist of what happened because the press are not interested in reporting all part of a story unless it will yield to more sales or traffic but from the little I deduce from the report their must have been verbal warning before the over celebrated event took place
Well said!!!
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by darkashes(m): 11:34am On Jun 07, 2013
as if say the woman dey lie.
that was just to cover up for the bullshit, to make her believe all is well.

1 Like

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by talktimi(m): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2013
oluwateo:
What is the big deal about kneeling down to keep your marriage, .. so if she's your sister you would advice here to upgrade her pride and loose her marriage right...
the issue I'm emphasizing on is the public humiliation she had to pass through which was totally uncalled for, if you're okay with it then no wahala I'm just telling you that its wrong to treat your wife in such manner.

1 Like

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by jpphilips(m): 11:54am On Jun 07, 2013
Abbott: What a shame!
The man just disgraced his head.
He lacks tact, wisdom, judgment and sense.
What he does not understand is that, he has humiliated not his wife but his manhood, his very essence before his Protocol officer...
He is worthless than a loaf of agege bread...all the money in the world notwithstanding.

His opinion landed him a deputy Gov. yours landed you 53 likes on Nairaland, bros i know the difference.

3 Likes

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by SaintEddie: 11:58am On Jun 07, 2013
What do u expect the ministry of women affairs to do in this matter, its a family affairs, (remember, the aide is the man's relation) and the man gave his wife two options either to kneel and apologise or quit/end the marriage. Did the man beat his wife? Did he harrass her? Why must u guys back/support nonsense? Why can't u guys blame the madam for the insults she caused the husband? Oh! So its not an insult for confronting the husband's aide abi? Women en! The man was even linient with her.
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by jpphilips(m): 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
chi4ik: The man is a fool, ♓☺w on earth will U̶̲̥̅̊ tell ur lovely wife to kneel down before ur servant? The violation $ humiliation of women should be stop. ΨђåƮ a shamless man!

During the days of our fathers whose marriages were most respected, our mothers don't dare look our fathers in the eye and talk let alone have the privilege of throwing baseless tantrums.
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by jpphilips(m): 12:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

That's not respect, that's fear, two different things.

One respects who they admire, but only fear can cause someone to debase themselves so.

Does Nigerian ladies understand the difference?
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
the governor and his aide must be gay lovers. he has just succeeded in embarrasing himself...at least the wife should have kneeled to him and not to some common aide!

2 Likes

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by ikchi: 12:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by eyennyin: 12:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
ogb5: She was given a choice. Either kneel down or end of marriage. Sharp woman, she kneel quickly.

Is it easy to get husband?
At night in the bedroom oga will do his own kneeling. Who never kneel before even doing head.

1 Like

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
israel007: The wife's accusation is most def right. Either that or the man is bleeping his aide. Else why would u humiliate your wife like that before an aide! Rubhish

The aide is said to be a relative to the deputy governor. And madam may have gone beyond all reason to insult the aide hence oga consider such an insult to his family (aide who happen to be her inlaw ) and gave her d option.

Though I aint supporting d deputy gov since am not privy to all that happened but we know how our women behaves when in such positions with wealth attached too.

And as per the option she get choice cos if agrees to divorce na her people go 1st ask her
* u dey craze? so na because of girlfriend make u leave ur husband
* u dey sure say no be witch dem dey pursue u so
* How many girlfriend d man don get self wey u wan kill urself
* How many husband u dey see for road not to talk of one wey be deputy governor
And if insist on divorce some of her people go come add curse to her injury. But she be sharp woman wey understand naija wella and no go allow girlfriend overthrow her grin
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by swtcharissa(f): 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
And who brought this news out from the government house.....
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by ragoannagogia: 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
ALL DE PPLE WER DE ACUSED D GOV NA DIA WIVES BE DIA OGA
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by devour129: 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
some-girl:

I'm amazed that many believe her doing his bidding was money motivated like they don't know that divorce is still considered taboo in Nigeria.
It's not greed, it's fear of being unmarried, fear of another woman taking over all she's worked for with him for years. Such a man will replace her as quickly as he would a tyre.
In fact, if she were only interested in money, she would never have made the accusations in the first place.
This is surely not the first time she's knelt at his bidding, before him, his parents, his uncles and aunts etc.
Even a poor man can get a woman desperate to remain married to kneel and beg the house help.

I fail to see how her action(s) was/were motivated by pride.
I am pretty sure her accusations were not unfounded.
When a woman ceases to care whether or not her husband is unfaithful, he should be very worried.
GBAM ! I keep telling these guys.if you keep late nights,travel a lot, don't care about your family with d tot that av provided shelter n food etc and you wife have never protested,nna check ur self or run for your life. No man or woman wants to share there partner only people that have detached themselves from you,don't let your lady get use to you not being there or showing love cos that's the beginning of the end.most women will stay n make you pay at your old age and some will start now.

1 Like

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
He got no respect for this woman even though what she did was wrong i guess she dosent respect her husband either, Y asking the aide, it should have been an indoor thaang
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by jpphilips(m): 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
eko ileee:

And the wife he disrespected and humiliated no be member of his family?

Your wife, the woman you took to the alter, the woman you swore to honor cherish and protect, the man you promised to love for better for worse in sickness and in health comes first before anybody and you don't trash her like rubbish in front of anybody no matter what.

Well, not expecting much from these crude, crass and unsophisticated village men anyway..

With all your sophistication, you still pray for a crude Nigerian man to come and propose, in your armaments are, fasting and prayers, Night vigil etc.

i dey laugh!!!

1 Like

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by IYANGBALI: 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
talktimi: just pretend this woman is your sister then tell me how you'll feel.
abeg spare us the sermon. The woman asked for it and she got it
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by IYANGBALI: 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
swtcharissa: And who brought this news out from the government house.....
oga na amebo
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by anonimi: 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
skibochi: Well, the woman was actually given a choice to end the marriage....if she had real conviction that her husband was actually having this affair, she could have called it quit and the man can come running back to her for forgiveness if we eventually find that it is true.

Indeed she was given a choice but I imagine that since she probably has no real DIGNITY or capacity to earn money beyond whatever her husband gives her, she nor get choice but to swallow whatever pride she has and go down to beg the Aide.
Shameful!!!

Now those who their heads properly screwed will know that P-Square's baby mama who has been labelled as Ms. Independent is way better than all these I-must-marry-and-stay-married-at-all-cost penkelemesi women.

1 Like

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by jpphilips(m): 3:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
NAMDOSKY30: He got no respect for this woman even though what she did was wrong i guess she dosent respect her husband either, Y asking the aide, it should have been an indoor thaang

some ironies you have there, she deserves some respect while doing the wrong thing! lol,
sounds like giving an armed robber a descent burial, Wole will say you are speaking from the two compasses of your mouth
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by ImaBruno: 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
Are u serious?

Menn, that's some serious humiliation, its just show how he is at home.
Respect is reciprocal, this thing should have been settled at home.
He just lost my respect. Real men don't treat their WIVES like that in public.
Don't use your N5 and grow wingsssssss
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by jpphilips(m): 4:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
anonimi:

Indeed she was given a choice but I imagine that since she probably has no real DIGNITY or capacity to earn money beyond whatever her husband gives her, she nor get choice but to swallow whatever pride she has and go down to beg the Aide.
Shameful!!!

Now those who their heads properly screwed will know that P-Square's baby mama who has been labelled as Ms. Independent is way better than all these I-must-marry-and-stay-married-at-all-cost penkelemesi women.

being a real husband comes with tact and maturity, what people don't know about leadership even in marriage is that discipline sends the right message, depending on how far the woman went, the stronger the message.
these sentiments of disrespect doesn't hold any ground, if she has an iota of regards for the man that kept her in his home for years, who has delivered her from the reproach of spinster hood, she at the very least, do herself a favor by quitting if you are sure of the scandal or keep shut.
The man is in a business or career of image making and corporate packaging, a wife with a loose tongue is unhealthy for such a man as such the man has the option of letting her destroy him or discipline her by sending a strong message.

A man and a woman are not one in a marriage, the bible is a spiritual book, and i will understand if they are one spiritually, physically (like the case here) the man is the head while the woman follows, there are tenements that makes you a follower and vice versa.

the man did what a man would do, if you cant keep shut, go out there and get yourself another husband. i feel sorry for loads of spinsters including the one saying over her dead body. the reality is very far from what religion stipulates.
its very common for Africans to throw away commonsense hiding behind religion.

let me ask the ladies, of what use is a man who doesn't provide for his family and not making even futile efforts to reverse the status quo? do they call themselves husbands?

they don't qualify to be husbands, same goes for a woman who is disrespectful to the husband, does she qualify to be a wife?
at that point where she is wagging her tail, she is not a wife to the Man except when she falls back to submission and imbibe the tennents of a follower.

we let sentiments to be cloud our sense of reasoning, imagine someone quoting marital vows, was she wagging her mouth on the Alter when the vows were made? how can the vow become a deterrent to discipline meted on a misdemeanor?

the man put her in a difficult situation as such she chose an option that disciplined her. and yes, discipline is one of the tools of leadership. if you cant discipline, you cant lead.

1 Like

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by spoilt(f): 4:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
@Ogb5
Excuse me but who else will help him hide his loot in an account that his name is not on? Trust me it will be wifey of many years. Men do know when they need you. They know on which side their bread is buttered.
And yeah after all the s&!t he put me through, damn right I wont be thinking of any legitimate business. Are you joking?
It wont be the end of the world though. He probably will have enough stashed elsewhere to feed his army of whores whose existence he can deny till kingdom come. As for me. . . . I will be fine!
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by jpphilips(m): 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
spoilt: @Ogb5
Excuse me but who else will help him hide his loot in an account that his name is not on? Trust me it will be wifey of many years. Men do know when they need you. They know on which side their bread is buttered.
And yeah after all the s&!t he put me through, damn right I wont be thinking of any legitimate business. Are you joking?
It wont be the end of the world though. He probably will have enough stashed elsewhere to feed his army of whores whose existence he can deny till kingdom come. As for me. . . . I will be fine!

yea yea yea!! in a world where the so called "good women" compete with whores and she still claims she is the best that happened since cocoa butter in her man's life,

i dey laugh!!
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2013
Na wa o...
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
collynzo2: Internet warrior alert! I am sure in real life, you're being used even more than this woman.
oh you're very sure about that?
Haha
Fallacy of assumption.
Anyway I'd have you know that I cannot accept any form of debasement from a man.and internet to me is real life.I'm not like some of you who put fake names with no profile picture so that people won't know the real you.I'm here.I'm real.my man can see my posts.so what the heck are you talking about?if I didn't know who I have or what he's like,do you think I'll come here to make hypocritical comments?I stand by everyword I speak.so it might be internet for you,for me it's the same as real life.but you wouldn't understand that.because you're just another faceless coward using the internet to express the thoughts they dared not voice in public.but guess what?I'm not afraid or cowardly or 'bigotted' or biased or unsure of myself like you probably are.I say it,the way I feel it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities / Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) / It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.