Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,509 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. (36492 Views)

GEJ Losing A Poll Carried Out By His Aide / Breaking News: Supreme Court Sacks Kebbi Gov, Orders Fresh Election / Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Blacker: 5:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
Its shameful that a man of such standing and exposure will denigrate his wife just because of mere accusation.If he is not guilty as charged,why couldnt he ask the wife to apologise to him (Dep.Gov) while he appeases his aide afterall the whole accusation ultimately fell on his person.
He could have even asked the wife to apologise to him in the presence of his aide and that would have handled the issue without rubbing your wife on the mud!
The truth be told that an indifferent wife of such clout wouldnt have given a heck if she did not love the husband...or his money or both.
The man fall hand 100%!!

2 Likes

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
pro01:

Classic. This should shut the internet 'feminists' up. Na only for poor or average man dem dey fit do yanga.
its because the woman has low self esteem,not ready to loose her position and the benefits that comes with it as the deputy governours wife or has no source of income or is not contented with her salary.

I know of some women who will so walk away.my pride,name and ego is too much for me to reduce it all in the name of deputy governours wife.like he will be a deputy governour forever

mshewwww

women in thaty category can be forced to kneel,women in my category will kiss the marriage goodbye and pick the kids.if you have a good job and you are a contented woman,positions will not move you :/
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
Blacker: Its shameful that a man of such standing and exposure will denigrate his wife just because of mere accusation.If he is not guilty as charged,why couldnt he ask the wife to apologise to him (Dep.Gov) while he appeases his aide afterall the whole accusation ultimately fell on his person.
He could have even asked the wife to apologise to him in the presence of his aide and that would have handled the issue without rubbing your wife on the mud!
The truth be told that an indifferent wife of such clout wouldnt have given a heck if she did not love the husband...or his money or both.
The man fall hand 100%!!
gbam
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
yemmight: No matter what your wife might have done wrong, kneeling down for your subordinate is not the solution. The humiliation is unbearable for womanhood. That woman will never forget in her life. Even as husbands, we should learn to respect our wives. No one is impeccable. Does it mean that he has not done something worse to his wife before? What about if the situation is way round? Some of the people commenting here are singles, if you are married you will then know that both husbands and wives are equal. It is archaic to start treating our wives as slaves. Come to think of it, this news is everywhere. Who should be ashamed?
in a civilized nation whjere they have respect for women,people would have been making sneers at him.anyway i am happy that he has spread his dirty linen in public.it shows the kind of husband he is and the way he treats his wife.

If he has grown up sons and daughters,they will be soooo ashamed of him.what a barbaric country.tufiaaa

1 Like

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
Timehin:

The aide is said to be a relative to the deputy governor. And madam may have gone beyond all reason to insult the aide hence oga consider such an insult to his family (aide who happen to be her inlaw ) and gave her d option.

Though I aint supporting d deputy gov since am not privy to all that happened but we know how our women behaves when in such positions with wealth attached too.

And as per the option she get choice cos if agrees to divorce na her people go 1st ask her
* u dey craze? so na because of girlfriend make u leave ur husband
* u dey sure say no be witch dem dey pursue u so
* How many girlfriend d man don get self wey u wan kill urself
* How many husband u dey see for road not to talk of one wey be deputy governor
And if insist on divorce some of her people go come add curse to her injury. But she be sharp woman wey understand naija wella and no go allow girlfriend overthrow her grin
what an illiterate way of thinking.so because of what society things,you will reduce yourself to that level.to hell with him and gis marriage.na to fling the ring and wedding certificate on him and take the next fligh to a more civilized country with my kids to live there for as long as jesus comes.i dont need to live in their house with them for me to know that he hasa no atom of respect for her.who needs such husbands except for desperado wives.mshewwww
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
bobthebuilder99: These are the same men that are deathly scared of women working and earning more money than them.

If the woman makes more money, these small men will have no power over them.

Cowards!
exactly.if she has her work and buisness that fetches good money coupled with contentment,such a threat wont even hold water.but when you marry dad bisi money for this,money for that,why wont he treat you like a slave.do i blame the man

many women just allow themselves to be victims of humiliation for nothing by putting self empowerment before marriage
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
Policewoman: Crippling a deputy governor in Naija may not only land you in jail, it may strip you of your marriage and everything you possess. Worse still you may end up being sentenced to death if the man eventually dies tongue. I hate the way some of us women act impulsively without thinking over the consequences. Anyways, the man did wrong, but I still blame the woman. I have seen women like that who use their mouths to say silly things about their husbands without even bothering to find out the truth from them first. Next time she will learn her lesson.
yeah right,like pouring of acid on the dck and eyes wont work not before arranging my papers and taking off to another country.shock police with good sums,whether they wont turn the case upside down.na today people they get away with such for naija,even if he be obj papa :/
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
smothly: and you calls yourself a woman,you are a bunch of shames to womanhood.
the truth is that if she herself was busy with her job,if she has one,she wont experience the nonsense she experienced.
Forget o.

there are some women that cant be threatened with divorce even if you are whatever :/
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
Dee60:

Primitive husband, you mean? There is nothing African in this, not in 2013!
exactly.na real bush meat im be.i doubt his educational qualifications with his act sef plus i no think say he get any exposure :/

1 Like

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
okpara ugo: Can someone describe a stewpid man for me
a man that hasa no iota of respect for his wife e.g deputy governour of cross river state.infact he is so obnoxious.jeez shocked
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by DanIlon(m): 7:02pm On Jun 07, 2013
RICHIE BOI: Mr Efiok Cobham, the Cross River State deputy governor startled his household recently when he commanded his wife, Glory to kneel down and apologize to his protocol officer, Asikpo Okon for allegedly claiming that the protocol officer was in the habit of arranging girls for his boss.

A reliable source said Efiok’s wife and Asikpo have been having running battles since 2011 when, the erstwhile Cross River Broadcasting Cooperation, CRBC correspondent who was covering the government house was said to be having a relationship with the deputy governor.
”Oga was very angry with his wife when she confronted Asikpo over the relationship between him and the CRBC girl that is covering his office”.Our source said Asikpo who is a relative of Efiok had immediately gone to tell his boss his wife’s claim that he was now arranging the CRBC girl for him and the deputy governor angrily called on the wife and commanded her to kneel down and apologize to Asikpo or kiss the marriage goodbye “Madam felt bitterly humiliated but she had no choice than to kneel down and apologize instead of ending the marriage because she saw the anger and seriousness on oga’s face”.
Glory who has since the second coming of Efiok as deputy governor, been keeping low profile even when her husband was made Acting Governor following his principal’s sojourn in the United States for four months, has been loudly complaining to her friends and relatives that she and her husband have not been having the best of times.

http://www.informationng.com/2013/06/cross-river-deputy-governor-commands-wife-to-kneel-down-and-apologize-to-his-aide.html
BA. Don't play with ma oga at top
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 07, 2013
ogb5:

She was smart to have saved the divorce for another day.
And in your case why plot on how you can steal money from your husband, why not plan on how you can be financially independent by doing legitimate business.

From the whole story the marriage has had problems for some time and the man will not be stupid to keep money with a woman he is having problems with
says who :omen dey always get sense when konji catch them?.i no go only steal sef,i go implicate am so that he will fall from grace to grass,after i have now broken all his power/ego,ehen,i can now walk out of the marriage.which girl go run after man wey no get money :p 8-)
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
kulyie: what an illiterate way of thinking.so because of what society things,you will reduce yourself to that level.to hell with him and gis marriage.na to fling the ring and wedding certificate on him and take the next fligh to a more civilized country with my kids to live there for as long as jesus comes.i dont need to live in their house with them for me to know that he hasa no atom of respect for her.who needs such husbands except for desperado wives.mshewwww

You have no sense of humour and that makes you the illiterate one!
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Simplymeah: 9:39pm On Jun 07, 2013
gedtalks: whats the meaning of ''African Husband'' in as much as I dont think the man should have asked his own wife to kneel, who told you that African Husbands are not the best in the world ?? If not why are African marriages classified as most sucessful?? If you are ashamed of the values and culture of your own people then you should be a slave. You should be sold out to slavery to serve ''western man''
[quote][/quote]- Y wnt †ђξ marriages b successful wen †ђξ woman Ȋ̝̊̅§ expectd 2 play †ђξ DUMMY!

1 Like

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
kulyie: its because the woman has low self esteem,not ready to loose her position and the benefits that comes with it as the deputy governours wife or has no source of income or is not contented with her salary.

I know of some women who will so walk away.my pride,name and ego is too much for me to reduce it all in the name of deputy governours wife.like he will be a deputy governour forever

mshewwww

women in thaty category can be forced to kneel,women in my category will kiss the marriage goodbye and pick the kids.if you have a good job and you are a contented woman,positions will not move you :/
Kulyie, na so 90% of naija babes go talk, but we know them pass as them know themselves. . . 99.9% of the 90% wey talk this one go do the same thing wey the deputy governor wife do. . .and I would NOT blame them, to be honest.

From a 'general' point of view, just PRAY say you no see level/offer/situation wey go EASILY defeat your morality or self-worth. Even Deeper Life virgin go turn ashawo now now if she see level wey pass am. Person don see many things. Anyways.

1 Like

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by whitecat007: 10:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
A man that gave his wife an ultimatum of this kind because of a family member is already out of the door and the relationship between the couple is just ceremonial. The woman has long lost her husband and another woman has taken the man's heart.

talktimi: just pretend this woman is your sister then tell me feel.
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
pro01:
Kulyie, na so 90% of naija babes go talk, but we know them pass as them know themselves. . . 99.9% of the 90% wey talk this one go do the same thing wey the deputy governor wife do. . .and I would NOT blame them, to be honest.

From a 'general' point of view, just PRAY say you no see level/offer/situation wey go EASILY defeat your morality or self-worth. Even Deeper Life virgin go turn ashawo now now if she see level wey pass am. Person don see many things. Anyways.
the ones that want to reduce themselves will.i am not someone that makes empty statements,i mean what i say and say what i mean
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
whitecat007: A man that gave his wife an ultimatum of this kind because of a family member is already out of the door and the relationship between the couple is just ceremonial. The woman has long lost her husband and another woman has taken the man's heart.

gbam
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by whitecat007: 10:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
With husband like this I'd rather stay single

ogb5: She was given a choice. Either kneel down or end of marriage. Sharp woman, she kneel quickly.

Is it easy to get husband?
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
Timehin:

You have no sense of humour and that makes you the illiterate one!
mr man be reasonable.do i look like a commedian or a comic actress t you.you are just a joke :/
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 07, 2013
whitecat007: With husband like this I'd rather stay single

gbam! Gbam !gbam!
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by omonnakoda: 10:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
israel007: The wife's accusation is most def right. Either that or the man is bleeping his aide. Else why would u humiliate your wife like that before an aide! Rubhish
The aide is his "relative" in most African cultures kneeling for your inlaws to apologize for "insults! is not new is it?
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by omonnakoda: 10:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
whitecat007: With husband like this I'd rather stay single

You probably will if you think it is normal to insult inlaws that is a guaranteed way to remain single.rubbish!
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by whitecat007: 11:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
That most women would rather be seen miserably married by the society at the detriment of their health, than to leave with their dignity intact. while girlfriends enjoy their husbands more and have all the fun. They reduce themselves to serving the man's meal and making sure his closet is well kept. This man has sex everyday but his wife is lucky to have him once a month. Even the Bible gives you permission to divorce on the basis of adultery, but the "paminku" woman would use their children as excuses to stay and die only to leave the children behind to fend for themselves.

I am not even a feminist[whatever the hell that is] but as old fashion as it gets

Willy7: And what is the lesson from this story?

2 Likes

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by omonnakoda: 11:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
People leave dat yarn when you offend some people even your mother will kneel down and beg for you if she knows what's up as an African you don't just run your mouth off to everyone if you value your life
Did Jona not kneel Kini big deal
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
[quote author=kulyie] mr man be reasonable.do i look like a commedian or a comic actress t you.you are just a joke :/[/quote

Its easy hiding behind keyboards with those holier than though talks while in real life those with your attitude end up blaming witches and devil for being single mothers/old spinsters while running from one church/mosque/herbalist to another seeking spiritual help at the edge of menopause. Either thank the Lord for your life if you are happily married or keep on fooling yourself!
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by whitecat007: 11:18pm On Jun 07, 2013
He should have asked her to apologize to him without kneeling. I would give the guy verbal apology and kneel for my man for forgiveness with a new lingerie and a little show, he will be back eating right out of my palm in no time.

mbhs139: [size=18pt]None of you has given me an idea of how he should have treated the matter; just ranting nonsense [/size]
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by whitecat007: 11:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
She won't be doing that from the position of strength any time soon and the man knowing what time it is would not slack

poccahunter: He should beware, someday down the line she will take back her pound of flesh... like the saying goes...Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
[quote author=Timehin][/quote] :/ :/:/

see me see trouble o shocked orisirisi shocked

when this one become overnight counsellor shocked what is your buisness with what i do with my life.

Pathetic,na im be your name :/
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 07, 2013
omonnakoda:
You probably will if you think it is normal to insult inlaws that is a guaranteed way to remain single.rubbish!
bush meat cheesy

the same way every man is not destined to be a billionaire is the same way every woman is not destined to get married and what makes you think they arent contented with that life :/
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
omonnakoda:
The aide is his "relative" in most African cultures kneeling for your inlaws to apologize for "insults! is not new is it?
indirectly forcing someone to kneel down and apologize is tantamount to waste of time.yorubas say kneeling down is not character.i can kneel down and say sorry ma or i am sorry sir and not mean it from my mind,i am just doing it to satisfy my husband.it will only encourage eye service from the woman

i have seen ladies that will kneel down for their mother inlaw,bro inlaw etc and at their back they will wink their nose at their backs so what is the essence of the kneeling down.our culture encourages a lot of eye service and fake respect e.g people respecting you in your presence and when you go they start backbiting and gossiping about you.i have heard ladies say shewa let me call cow broda so that i can pass

i have s
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by whitecat007: 12:25am On Jun 08, 2013
I can bet my bottom dollar this woman knew what she was saying and just didn't know this tool of a man would go this low to cover his track and divert all attention to her. The man got caught with his pant down and took advantage of her weakness to further subject her to more humiliation

btw, happily single is better than most marriages, only that I was recently promoted to the next level due to hard work

omonnakoda:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Who Want Things To Continue Like This; His Head Must Be Checked / Fayose Makes First Public Appearance Since Saturday's Election (VIDEO) / Toyin Saraki Represents Her Father At Ecobank's Board Meeting (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.