Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,741 members, 7,813,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. (36491 Views)

GEJ Losing A Poll Carried Out By His Aide / Breaking News: Supreme Court Sacks Kebbi Gov, Orders Fresh Election / Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by omonnakoda: 12:28am On Jun 08, 2013
kulyie: indirectly forcing someone to kneel down and apologize is tantamount to waste of time.yorubas say kneeling down is not character.i can kneel down and say sorry ma or i am sorry sir and not mean it from my mind,i am just doing it to satisfy my husband.it will only encourage eye service from the woman

i have seen ladies that will kneel down for their mother inlaw,bro inlaw etc and at their back they will wink their nose at their backs so what is the essence of the kneeling down.our culture encourages a lot of eye service and fake respect e.g people respecting you in your presence and when you go they start backbiting and gossiping about you.i have heard ladies say shewa let me call cow broda so that i can pass

i have s
That is your own perspective which you are entitled to
others see the world from the exact opposite perspective .When you step on somebody on the road you say sorry to avoid being slapped or even worse ,whether you mean it or not whether it is eye service or not is for your pocket you do it for reasons of self preservation etc.
When you say "Good Morning " do you always mean it? Humans are about rituals and often we have no choice but to comply whether you mean it it or like it is irrelevant
So saying sorry or other social or ritual forms of contrition etc serve several purposes and can be observed in many animals so it is often better to learn more and talk less to avoid displaying ignorance. Submission and ritual humiliation is a fundamental part of all human culture it just manifests differently
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by princespatience: 3:18am On Jun 08, 2013
who knw whether na true self, him com bring his dominarin attitude take shun d wife so dat she no go fit talk. Hmmm African men n their pride

1 Like

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by cciojazz: 5:23am On Jun 08, 2013
kulyie: indirectly forcing someone to kneel down and apologize is tantamount to waste of time.yorubas say kneeling down is not character.i can kneel down and say sorry ma or i am sorry sir and not mean it from my mind,i am just doing it to satisfy my husband.it will only encourage eye service from the woman

i have seen ladies that will kneel down for their mother inlaw,bro inlaw etc and at their back they will wink their nose at their backs so what is the essence of the kneeling down.our culture encourages a lot of eye service and fake respect e.g people respecting you in your presence and when you go they start backbiting and gossiping about you.i have heard ladies say shewa let me call cow broda so that i can pass

i have s

Kulyie. You are a typical Naija woman with some shallow minded 'I don travel" mentality. I suggest you read the post before you start shouting about what you will do or whatnots. I assume you are not based in Naija because you sound like so many Naija women that travel and then suddenly decide they are so exposed as to forget your core and fundamental values that you were brought up with. It is Naija culture to kneel, just as it is oyinbo culture to shake hands. When oyinbo fight and they tell them to shake and make up or kiss and make up, it is their way. The aide is a relative. Most likely an older relative and what would you expect? As I remember it, the offending party apologises to an older relative and that's how I see it. In fact , I believe the man was not even a complete dictator as there was an option. Apologise or leave.
It is African. It is who we are. Our culture defines us. Don't come here and start saying Naija people are barbaric, they are this, they are that..... Most Naija babes after dem travel dey get some kind of stupid mentality. They screw their marriages up because of that notion that some other culture is better than theirs and you see them doing stuff that even their kin would be ashamed of. Respect your culture. The chinese, japanese respect theirs. It is a blessing to have a culture. You are not subhuman. Dont be silly.
BTW.. No be fight o

2 Likes

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 08, 2013
cciojazz:

Kulyie. You are a typical Naija woman with some shallow minded 'I don travel" mentality. I suggest you read the post before you start shouting about what you will do or whatnots. I assume you are not based in Naija because you sound like so many Naija women that travel and then suddenly decide they are so exposed as to forget your core and fundamental values that you were brought up with. It is Naija culture to kneel, just as it is oyinbo culture to shake hands. When oyinbo fight and they tell them to shake and make up or kiss and make up, it is their way. The aide is a relative. Most likely an older relative and what would you expect? As I remember it, the offending party apologises to an older relative and that's how I see it. In fact , I believe the man was not even a complete dictator as there was an option. Apologise or leave.
It is African. It is who we are. Our culture defines us. Don't come here and start saying Naija people are barbaric, they are this, they are that..... Most Naija babes after dem travel dey get some kind of stupid mentality. They screw their marriages up because of that notion that some other culture is better than theirs and you see them doing stuff that even their kin would be ashamed of. Respect your culture. The chinese, japanese respect theirs. It is a blessing to have a culture. You are not subhuman. Dont be silly.
BTW.. No be fight o
the chinese or japanese culture is it derogatory to women.take it or live it,there are some culture/tradition that tampers on your fundamental human rights,thank God those cultures have faded or are fading away e.g forcing a widow to drink the water used in washing her late husbands body,forcing a widow to marry her husbands younger brother after his death good to know those barbaric cultures are been done away with.check the japanese or chinese culture and tell me whether it subjugates women.note that

i am not against any society practicing their culture,i am against cultures that encourages retrogressiveness,fake respect e.g kneeling down for your boss or helping him carry his bag and behind him you ridicule/gossip about him and make jest of how he san wear one jeans for one year and not wash it.infact ill prefer someone not saying good morning ma to me than someone that will do eye service so that they can see something to gossip about :/

meanwhile of course i will be a typical naija woman when i was born in naija by naija parents or are you not a typical 'naija man' :/
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by cciojazz: 7:11am On Jun 08, 2013
kulyie: the chinese or japanese culture is it derogatory to women.take it or live it,there are some culture/tradition that tampers on your fundamental human rights,thank God those cultures have faded or are fading away e.g forcing a widow to drink the water used in washing her late husbands body,forcing a widow to marry her husbands younger brother after his death good to know those barbaric cultures are been done away with.check the japanese or chinese culture and tell me whether it subjugates women.note that

i am not against any society practicing their culture,i am against cultures that encourages retrogressiveness,fake respect e.g kneeling down for your boss or helping him carry his bag and behind him you ridicule/gossip about him and make jest of how he san wear one jeans for one year and not wash it.infact ill prefer someone not saying good morning ma to me than someone that will do eye service so that they can see something to gossip about :/

meanwhile of course i will be a typical naija woman when i was born in naija by naija parents or are you not a typical 'naija man' :/

I agree with you on being against retrogressiveness, but I hope you get where I am coming from. Japanese women are more docile than our African women. They kneel and watch the man eat. lol
Anyways, where are you based? I be Naija man, not typical though......
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by cciojazz: 7:34am On Jun 08, 2013
and oh Kulyie, did you get your big bum yet lol
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by besstt: 7:50am On Jun 08, 2013
With this kind of attitude can imagine wat d woman goes thru in dat marrige.money isn't everytin

1 Like

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 08, 2013
cciojazz:

I agree with you on being against retrogressiveness, but I hope you get where I am coming from. Japanese women are more docile than our African women. They kneel and watch the man eat. lol
Anyways, where are you based? I be Naija man, not typical though......
i get where you are comming from 8-) meanwhile i am based on this earth cheesy :p
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 08, 2013
omonnakoda: That is your own perspective which you are entitled to
others see the world from the exact opposite perspective .When you step on somebody on the road you say sorry to avoid being slapped or even worse ,whether you mean it or not whether it is eye service or not is for your pocket you do it for reasons of self preservation etc.
When you say "Good Morning " do you always mean it? Humans are about rituals and often we have no choice but to comply whether you mean it it or like it is irrelevant
So saying sorry or other social or ritual forms of contrition etc serve several purposes and can be observed in many animals so it is often better to learn more and talk less to avoid displaying ignorance. Submission and ritual humiliation is a fundamental part of all human culture it just manifests differently
when you step on someone unknowingly,it is common courtesy to say sorry,mabinu.its part of manners however manners is different from eye service which is especially common among women.a woman will kneel down,carry her inlaws bag,cook for him and give him or her the same respect or more that she will give her husband,but among her friends,they are the subject of ridicule.this is not about my opinion or perspective.if you want to know whether what i am saying is true or false,go to saloons you will hear 'baba oko mi oshi to like onje yen- my stupid inlaw is a glutton oe my inlaw has one pink skirt she always wear and she looks so stewpeed on it.the same woman in her presence will be like iya oko mi,this your skirt is fine o.anywhere women are much,they gossip,you dont need to believe it.so if they say such woman should kneel down,of course she will just to fulfill all righteousness but that doesnt mean she has any regard for him or her
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 08, 2013
cciojazz: and oh Kulyie, did you get your big bum yet lol
o yes,thanks.i did bum enlargement and went by the diet recommended by the doctor and regular exercises at the gym.thanks 8-)
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by cciojazz: 8:30am On Jun 08, 2013
kulyie: o yes,thanks.i did bum enlargement and went by the diet recommended by the doctor and regular exercises at the gym.thanks 8-)
kulyie: o yes,thanks.i did bum enlargement and went by the diet recommended by the doctor and regular exercises at the gym.thanks 8-)

Are you kidding me? Bet you look good in your pencil skirt now. lol
Add or is it follow me.....Make we dey chat dey go
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by phineas: 9:02am On Jun 08, 2013
No one should blame her really,her survival,I.e ability to feed clothe herself etc and her identity in soceity most likely depends on that,rather we should encourage younger ones who have no family fortune to fall back on not to attempt marriage without empowering themselves.Its the fastest route to been destitute.

That said I've seen many stories like this,wives of mighty men in society,with no means of living and,no money, they'll tell u they don't own 10000 naira of their own,but their husbands will buy the most exp things for them.They all say they stay for their children,but....women empower yourselfs before marriage,treat yourself with respect or no one else will.

1 Like

Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by WenysAD(f): 3:57pm On Jun 08, 2013
blink182: Good for her, enjoy your rich and powerful husband.
abi na
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by kach17(m): 4:24pm On Jun 08, 2013
for me i dont see that as a humiliation,becouse its her husband who asked her to do it and the aid is also a man,so it has northing humiliting here,a woman sud humble herself before a man most especially her husband.thank u
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 08, 2013
cciojazz:

Are you kidding me? Bet you look good in your pencil skirt now. lol
Add or is it follow me.....Make we dey chat dey go
*singing in wande coals voice* make you follow me bumper to bumper,if i stand,make you stand,make you follow me bumper to bumper 8-)
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:38am On Jun 16, 2013
kach17: for me i dont see that as a humiliation,becouse its her husband who asked her to do it and the aid is also a man,so it has northing humiliting here,a woman sud humble herself before a man most especially her husband.thank u
She should humble herself at d expense of some mor on? angry
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by Deschil: 10:29am On Sep 27, 2013
Whose husband(s) are you sleeping with
Policewoman: Serves the woman right. jobless wife.
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by stantob(m): 2:25am On Nov 29, 2013
israel007: The wife's accusation is most def right. Either that or the man is bleeping his aide. Else why would u humiliate your wife like that before an aide! Rubhish

The Aide is a man and a relative of the Deputy Governor's wife, so read properly before you comment.

The Governor order for the wife to kneel down and apologize or kiss the marriage goodbye was too harse.
Re: Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. by billyG(m): 7:22am On Dec 15, 2014
So to kneel down & apologize 4 xter assasination of an innocent man na humiliatin abi?if d husby no be deputy gov. una no know say d aid fit put her 4 house.she shld hav li dwn & ask 4 4Giveness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Saraki Goes Underground Following Police Invitation, Invasion / Obasanjo: Who Want Things To Continue Like This; His Head Must Be Checked / Fayose Makes First Public Appearance Since Saturday's Election (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.