Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,154 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Cougars? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cougars? (3091 Views)

Cougars (sugar Mummies) And Toy Boys (boyfriends) / I'm Obsessed With Milfs/cougars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cougars? by OsunAmazon: 7:01pm On May 03, 2008
There is a growing interest on older women by younger men nowadays especially among celebrities. Nick Canon just married Mariah Carey and there are rumours that Dwayne Wade has a thing for Star Jones. But my question is this, since this is not a new thing because men has been doing it all along, why are women who like younger men refered to as COUGARS? Do we also have a name for 45 yr old men getting jiggy with 22 yr old women? Why is life and society so unfair to women?
Re: Cougars? by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 03, 2008
OsunAmazon:

There is a growing interest on older women by younger men nowadays especially among celebrities. Nick Canon just married Mariah Carey and there are rumours that Dwayne Wade has a thing for Star Jones. But my question is this, since this is not a new thing because men has been doing it all along, why are women who like younger men refered to as COUGARS? Do we also have a name for 45 yr old men getting jiggy with 22 yr old women? Why is life and society so unfair to women?
Nick Cannon and Mariah!? Since When!? shocked

Wow, news to me o tongue
Re: Cougars? by StephenP(m): 7:05pm On May 03, 2008
ibkaye:

Nick Cannon and Mariah!? Since When!? shocked

Wow, news to me o tongue
[size=13pt]That was all over the news last night. I was shocked also because I didn't see it coming.[/size]
Re: Cougars? by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 03, 2008
StephenP:

[size=13pt]That was all over the news last night. I was shocked also because I didn't see it coming.[/size]

Shocked also cheesy
Re: Cougars? by Tattooboy: 7:10pm On May 03, 2008
@topic
iba oooooooooo, moju ba ooooooooooo
Re: Cougars? by Cadet(f): 7:14pm On May 03, 2008
StephenP:

I really did not care. I was wondering how that news will pay for my college. grin
Re: Cougars? by StephenP(m): 7:20pm On May 03, 2008
[size=13pt]LOL!! Neither do I. I'm really not a fan of either of them. I just didn't think that out of ALL the guys God put on Earth, Mariah Carey would choose Nick.[/size]
Re: Cougars? by uspry1(f): 7:21pm On May 03, 2008
Cougars is hot cake in the USA since late 2000s, not only celebrities! Ordinary people with all kinds of social class too!!!

Not news to me!!!
Re: Cougars? by OsunAmazon: 7:31pm On May 03, 2008
Cougars is hot cake in the USA since late 2000s, not only celebrities! Ordinary people with all kinds of social class too!!!
Why does the society call women like that cougars when they kept mum on men that has been doing since time immemorial?
Re: Cougars? by uspry1(f): 7:36pm On May 03, 2008
OsunAmazon:

Why does the society call women like that cougars when they kept mum on men that has been doing since time immemorial?

@OsunAmazon

The same reason why older men at age 35-55 attract dating younger women mostly college age between 18-25.

Too many older men reject dating older women- - -same age, NO REASON!!! Prefer opposite attractive in 10 years age difference! Therefore, no choice for too many single older women not find any decent guys same age, choose younger men BETTER THAN NOTHING!!!!
Re: Cougars? by OsunAmazon: 7:38pm On May 03, 2008
Too many older men reject dating older women- - -same age, NO REASON!!! Prefer opposite attractive in 10 years age difference! Therefore, no choice for too many single older women not find any decent guys same age, choose younger men BETTER THAN NOTHING!!!!
I'm not against it, the only problem I have with it is why those women should be quickly named by the society. Why give them a funny name?
Re: Cougars? by motunrayo4(f): 7:43pm On May 03, 2008
I dont think a cougar is a funny name, I think its ok for a woman to be with someone who is youger than her but when it gets to being a 8 years and over difference I think thats a bit much and vice versa for men.
Re: Cougars? by Cadet(f): 7:46pm On May 03, 2008
OsunAmazon:

Hotfunmi, you and this your men issues, oga o.
Re: Cougars? by uspry1(f): 7:47pm On May 03, 2008
I had been rejected by older men at same age as mine and 5 yr older, but i am more attracted by younger man that is older enough to be my own SON! (age 18-28)!!!

I am not 20ish!!!! Don't let my picture deceive you!!!

OsunAmazon:

I'm not against it, the only problem I have with it is why those women should be quickly named by the society. Why give them a funny name?

I dunno why society gave a funny name 'COUGARS'.  My former pastor called me 'CRADLE THE ROBBER', that I never understood why he called me until I found out later it talked about age difference. (2 yr difference not bad) angry  angry

You ought ask someone who invents 'COUGARS'. I assumed that you have been watch DR. PHIL talk show about 'COUGARS' yesterday afternoon on the TV show (May 2, 2008).
Re: Cougars? by motunrayo4(f): 7:52pm On May 03, 2008
uspry1:

'CRADLE THE ROBBER'
lol
Re: Cougars? by tRoOE(f): 7:52pm On May 03, 2008
OsunAmazon:

Hmmmmmm I heard the same rumor too, but during the half time game, the sport reporter Dwayne  if they were dating, his responds was like "She get a very good friend" hmmmmmm friend in deed lipsrsealed,if it's true that is disgusting ***vomiting on the floor**.
For a 45yrs old man dating a young babe, i call him Aristo grin grin.

What do you mean by this  " Why is life and society so unfair to women?", how so undecided
Re: Cougars? by OsunAmazon: 7:55pm On May 03, 2008
You ought ask someone who invents 'COUGARS'. I assumed that you have been watch DR. PHIL talk show about 'COUGARS' yesterday afternoon on the TV show (May 2, 2008).   I don't know why society gave a funny name 'COUGARS'.  My former pastor called me 'CRADLE THE ROBBER', that I never understood why he called me until I found out later it talked about age difference. (2 yr difference not bad)     
Rarely  watch TV shows, Dr Phil, Oprah, Tyra etc. It's just that it irks me why men that have been doing this all these while turned around to give a "fancy" name to a women that followed their footsteps. Your pastor's remark on you may not go down well with some people especially this chic here. I don't care what he is. Imagine? Cradle The Robber? What is he? Cradle The tyre?
Re: Cougars? by motunrayo4(f): 7:56pm On May 03, 2008
tRoOE:

Hmmmmmm I heard the same rumor too, but during the half time game, the sport reporter Dwayne  if they were dating, his responds was like "She get a very good friend" hmmmmmm friend in deed lipsrsealed,if it's true that is disgusting ***vomiting on the floor**.
For a 45yrs old man dating a young babe, i call him Aristo grin grin.

What do you mean by this  " Why is life and society so unfair to women?", how so undecided

LOl, when I heard the rumor I got goosebumps, and threw up in my mouth a little.

I dont think its true anyway because I think he's still married and Dwayne Wade and Star Jones dont even sound right in the same sentence.
Re: Cougars? by OsunAmazon: 8:02pm On May 03, 2008
What do you mean by this " Why is life and society so unfair to women?", how so
Yea, when women are reffered to as Cradle the rubber, cougar, old hen etc but men remain playas etc. I wish the world will adopt your "aristo" baptism and keep calling them that.

Again, I used to think that 'aristo' means extra Hot sugar daddy? I don't think it's a befitting name for men that prey on younger women. Why not a name like 'He-Swine'?
Re: Cougars? by tRoOE(f): 8:05pm On May 03, 2008
motun_rayo:

LOl, when I heard the rumor I got goosebumps, and threw up in my mouth a little.

I don't think its true anyway because I think he's still married and Dwayne Wade and Star Jones don't even sound right in the same sentence.
Sound right ke, ewwwwwww it's just plain wrong. She looks like his grandmother grin grin.Dwayne Wade and his wife are separated for now.

Re: Cougars? by motunrayo4(f): 8:07pm On May 03, 2008
Lmao, the fact that she's like 200 years old is not the worse of it but all the not so fab flab she has all over.
Re: Cougars? by achinu(m): 8:08pm On May 03, 2008
I personally have dated a couple of older chics & it's not because I went out of my looking for them, it just happened that we both had a meeting of the minds. Older chics for most part make good partners as long as you both have a good understanding. The focus of their priority is different, older gals want someone to kick it with & most times have gone through their period of discovering whom they are & accepting themselves. Suffice to say, what you see with an older chic is what you get.
When it comes to the intimacy I have been fortunate to learn a lot from them, don't be fooled by their age cuz body no be firewood grin grin grin grin
Re: Cougars? by motunrayo4(f): 8:10pm On May 03, 2008
achinu
I'm lovng your profile pic. . . lol
Re: Cougars? by uspry1(f): 8:14pm On May 03, 2008
OsunAmazon:

Rarely  watch TV shows, Dr Phil, Oprah, Tyra etc. It's just that it irks me why men that have been doing this all these while turned around to give a "fancy" name to a women that followed their footsteps. Your pastor's remark on you may not go down well with some people especially this chic here. I don't care what he is. Imagine? Cradle The Robber? What is he? Cradle The tyre?

Lol referring to my pastor's remark!!! Yeah, I don't care what my former pastor think! Too harsh to criticize among too many single/divorced women with children at my former church.

I rarely watch the TV show, yesterday i was channel-changing the word "COUGARS" caught me attention to find out what it is. New word to me!!! Those talk shows such as Dr Phil, Oprah, Tyra are not my FANS!!!
Re: Cougars? by tRoOE(f): 8:18pm On May 03, 2008
@OsunAmazon
lmfao I see you are trying to play the gender role, but my dear you know the deal, that is how the world works, we can shout, fight, argue but men will always have power, but that doesn't mean it's the "Men’s world"

@motun_rayo
You better pray for forgiveness tonight, you are mean but that comment was funny.
I wonder what down there looks like ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Cougars? by motunrayo4(f): 8:21pm On May 03, 2008
UUURRRGGGGHHHH! OMGoodness! God shall forgive you for putting that thought in my head,
Re: Cougars? by tRoOE(f): 8:24pm On May 03, 2008
ahahaha Amen oh cheesy cheesy since we both need that pray
Re: Cougars? by motunrayo4(f): 8:25pm On May 03, 2008
AMEN ooooooo,
Re: Cougars? by tRoOE(f): 8:30pm On May 03, 2008
ahahah I still can't get the image off my head
Re: Cougars? by OsunAmazon: 8:33pm On May 03, 2008
Lol referring to my pastor's remark!!! Yeah, I don't care what my former pastor think! Too harsh to criticize among too many single/divorced women with children at my former church.
I see the overflow of wdivorced women with children strictly as mens fault. They are fewer than us in this world but they surely have a way of controlling our minds and making us feel that we are surplus which is not necessarily true. That's why most divorced women suffer from low self esteem and i think it shouldnt be that way. The pastor should be more interested in encouraging those women to go through life than calling them names. He's lucky I'm not in his church.
Re: Cougars? by OsunAmazon: 8:34pm On May 03, 2008
Drink hennessey and the image will clear off.
Re: Cougars? by motunrayo4(f): 8:37pm On May 03, 2008
tRoOE:

Me neitheeer, Im definately going to have nightmares tonight

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Girls Are Die-hard Materialist's. / Do Girls Like Guys With Very Hairy, moderate or smooth Chests And Legs? / Is It Wrong In Any Way To Ask?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.