Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. (16297 Views)

Pedestrian Bridge Collapses On Taxi In Kano, 7 Die (Photo) / Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. / Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by mindurword(m): 2:25pm On May 30, 2012
Try to emulate good thing since government want to spend the money in good project instead of stealing
fury: Waste of tax payers money by our clueless government.what will power the ac? running generator 24/7 abi? when many parts of the state do not have street light.bunch of idiots
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Demdem(m): 2:27pm On May 30, 2012
Some idiots are just bent on attacking whatever Gbawe says even if they are saying the same thing. u all go wound oooooo grin grin grin grin
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Funkymallam(m): 2:32pm On May 30, 2012
Gbawe:

Can't you just admit you are wrong for once and move on? Where have I said there is anything "laudable here"? In fact I make it clear that unless this is in response to specific design/built environment challenge targets, then this is a total waste of money. This is a classic display of i.diocy and carrying around bad belle needlessly. We are not saying different things and you only just conclude we are because of your inability to view what some write on an individual basis.

Gbawe wrote:

Which 'environmental challenge design'? For a place ppl are like to spend less than 5mins b4 still entering the same 'environmental challenge' as u call it. Are u making any sense here?

Wetin i no go hear for nairaland?
'ENVIRONMENTAL CHALLENGE DESIGN' cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Sweetdbest: 2:34pm On May 30, 2012
He is not doing the right thing by just fixing air-conditioners on a foot bridge.

One day he will start fixing air-conditioners on the open highways. He should reason with his heads and not his anus. Ogijo, in Ogun state does not have light and he he is fixing air-conditioners for armed robbers in Ogijo who will even be using same places to rape innocent ladies in the night when they severe light linking the bridge.
Look at the banks not operating because of armed robbers and he is there providing accommodation for armed robbers. Maybe he is their sponsor.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Baawaa(m): 2:38pm On May 30, 2012
Amosun please and please dont embark on this project now,there are lots of amenities that masses need.Water is not regular,Power is main problem,there are still more roads that need expansion.To me this air-conditioned pedestrian bridge is a luxury
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Beaf: 2:38pm On May 30, 2012
Gbawe:

Once again, this is the mischief you display time and time again that shows you are one of those who contribute not based on what is written but according to opposing/siding with certain posters. My talk of weather is in response to the nonsense below you had no comment about:

My talk about weather is to highlight how the argument above is totally stupid. Obviously you don't have a problem with it because it is submitted by one of your co-travellers in mischief.

Naturally, London's focus will be more to do with heating being a generally cold City for much of the year. Why should anyone then ask a Nigerian State to take its cue from London considering the entirely different climatic challenges of both?

Are you as stupid as the i.di.ot who submitted the above not to know that London spends a massive amount heating public places throughout the year thereby nullifying the silly argument of your 'pal'? That is my point. The weather dictates that London spends on heating, most months of the year, and not air-conditioning. This, the City indeed does. Weather challenges also means Nigeria can do the opposite if funds and priority allow i.e spend on cooling to keep citizens comfortable. Seriously, you guys are ruining this forum with how you go around opposing others routinely from thread to thread without engaging your brain or comprehension skills.

Sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap dia!
Mum! Ode! Olodo! Ole!
Just point out a single airconditioned bridge in London since they heat public places according to your lies.
Una just wan tif. Ole! angry

Its all about madness.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/715924_OgunAirconditionedBridge_jpgcb4913b1b3d1d481387c6fe222e91ad7
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by brabus(m): 2:42pm On May 30, 2012
[size=18]POMP AND PAGEANTRY[/size]

Gov. Amosun spend N1.3b to [size=15]EXPAND[/size] and not construct a road of 2.4km

[size=15]Take Note of this![/size]

(a)  The road itself and the desirability of its expansion vis-a-vis its socio-economic significance.

(b) The number of kilometres involved in relationship with the cost of contract.

The stretch of road has no concentration of medium or big businesses. No concentration of Banks, Petrol Station, Government office, Hotel, entertainment outfit or edifice of note, and importantly, the road does not experience any major traffic gridlock to have warranted this luxury expenditure.

This is to say the
[size=15]expansion[/size] is a waste, undesired and a self serving initiative to siphon state funds; suffice it to say that his uncompleted mansion is located within the area.

Mathematically, [size=18]Amosun is constructing a kilometre for N500million![/size]

Is that development?

Daniel dualized 37km Abeokuta-Kobape-Siun-Sagamu road @ N52m per km for N1.93b

Oya talk now! [size=15]Who be the thief? Who be the hunter[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Beaf: 2:44pm On May 30, 2012
brabus:

[size=18]POMP AND PAGEANTRY[/size]

Gov. Amosun spend N1.3b to [size=15]EXPAND[/size] and not construct a road of 2.4km

(a)  The road itself and the desirability of its expansion vis-a-vis its socio-economic significance.

(b) The number of kilometres involved in relationship with the cost of contract.

The stretch of road has no concentration of medium or big businesses. No concentration of Banks, Petrol Station, Government office, Hotel, entertainment outfit or edifice of note, and importantly, the road does not experience any major traffic gridlock to have warranted this luxury expenditure.

This is to say the
[size=15]expansion[/size] is a waste, undesired and a self serving initiative to siphon state funds; suffice it to say that his uncompleted mansion is located within the area.

Mathematically, [size=18]Amosun is constructing a kilometre for N500million![/size]

Is that development?

Oya talk now! Who's a thief?

This post is endorsed by Beaf. cool
Gbawe, what do you have to say?

1 Like

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Gbawe: 2:57pm On May 30, 2012
Demdem: Some idiots are just bent on attacking whatever Gbawe says even if they are saying the same thing. u all go wound oooooo grin grin grin grin

My brother, you have noticed as well? grin grin grin grin grin grin

A complement to me really. Folks never follow those they consider nonentities around to be seeking their attention slavishly as these lot are shamelessly doing routinely like ignored groupies. Embarrassing and unmanly for some that it is now obvious they are only keen to enter threads and speak in response to what others write.

As per this project, all we read is that it is part of an urban renewal plan to secure "metropolitian status". This plan will only be acceptable , in an "urban renewal" context, if it is entirely architecturally relevant and not some gratuitous waste of money and ill-thought out parody of what has been seen elsewhere such as this http://flashydubai.com/air-conditioned-pedestrian-network-another-step-towards-green-dubai/

Only more info informs better discourse. Note that the article below says "bridges" indicating more than one. So what exactly is the scope of this project?

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/city-file/city-file/38593-ogun-to-construct-air-conditioned-pedestrian-bridges-

Ogun to construct air-conditioned pedestrian bridges
WEDNESDAY, 30 MAY 2012 00:00 RAZAQ AYINLA
Ogun State government says it is concluding plans to construct air-conditioned pedestrian bridges.

The state governor, Ibikunle Amosun, disclosed on Monday while commissioning the N1.3billion six-lane Ibara–Sokori-Totoro road in Abeokuta as part of activities marking his administration’s first year in office.

He said the government would construct the bridges in order to facilitate the state attainment of metropolitan status.

According to Amosun, “we are setting a new standard because we believe that for any society to attain a metropolitan status there is need for urbanization in accordance with standard procedure which can meet up with the international standard”.

The governor acknowledged that his administration inherited decayed infrastructure, but disclosed that government would in earnest, embark on extensive rehabilitation of existing infrastructure and development of new ones, adding that ten more roads tagged “Ogun Standard” would be constructed in the three senatorial districts across the state.

He said, “we went round the whole world, not just one place; so you will see in this place we have things that run in about four or so continents. There is a city they called Perugia. It is the most beautiful city in the world, we went there. We saw the kind of bus-stops they were doing, is in Malaysia that is the kind of bus-stop you are seeing here.

‘’So we opted for that one; they all will come fully with air conditioner, the first in Africa. We are running round to see the possibility and we want to look at the sustenance and maintenance as well”.

The governor however added that government had awarded a N29 billion 132km Sango-Ijoko-Agbado-Oke-Aro - Ojudu Abiodun road to Brazilian Construction and Engineering Company which would be
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Ejine(m): 2:57pm On May 30, 2012
This is a very progressive "Environmental Challenge Project".

If I'm correct, the AC's in this bridge will be powered by Aregbesola's groundbreaking O-Power. And while standing in the bridge, you might want to help yourself to some O'Meal as you look down on the craters potholes littered on the road.

Now, that's what I call PROGRESSIVE! grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Demdem(m): 3:00pm On May 30, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, you have noticed as well? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Of cos i have nahhh. these ones are the real haters. Just love them displaying their folly constantly.
grin grin grin
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Beaf: 3:03pm On May 30, 2012
Ejiné: This is a very progressive "Environmental Challenge Project".

If I'm correct, the AC's in this bridge will be powered by Aregbesola's groundbreaking O-Power. And while standing in the bridge, you might want to help yourself to some O'Meal as you look down on the craters potholes littered on the road.

O-Gbawe! O-ga o! grin grin grin grin
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by manny4life(m): 3:03pm On May 30, 2012
Ejiné: This is a very progressive "Environmental Challenge Project".

Lol, you wicked o,

@Topic, this is very funny, govt will build a bridge for almost $5.24million/mile, biko how isn't this money too expensive? Do they really need this bridge now? And an AC fitted one? Talk about waste, anyway, carry on
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:04pm On May 30, 2012
THese are the type of innovation we can get only from Ogun State;

- Ogun State Split Unit

Ogun State Independent Air cooling Unit

[img]http://cl.jroo.me/z3/f/o/I/d/a.aaa-Cool-Air-Conditioner.jpg[/img] Ogun State to power pedestrian bridge with Made in Ogun AC

Ogun State affordable mobile AC

Ogun State dual Air COnditioners9half Fridge/Half ac)

[img]http://www.londontips.info/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/dba49_funny-picture-9979525214.jpg[/img] [img]http://funny-pics.co/wp-content/uploads/air-conditioning-445x299.jpg[/img] Ogun to fit Air conditioners on Public Transport buses

1 Like

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Geniro: 3:07pm On May 30, 2012
look at the two foolish men patting each other over this !diotic "AC"dified bridge embarassed
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by manny4life(m): 3:08pm On May 30, 2012
Bia, Alusi Okija,

Lol at those picture, you guys will not kill me with laughter on NL, cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Those pics def made my day-
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by PointB: 3:12pm On May 30, 2012
I hope this is not coming from the 'progressive'

[size=28pt]A.C.N?[/size]
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Gbawe: 3:14pm On May 30, 2012
Beaf:

Sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap dia!
Mum! Ode! Olodo! Ole!
Just point out a single airconditioned bridge in London since they heat public places according to your lies.
Una just wan tif. Ole! angry

Its all about madness.

I forget that , as a failed 419ner and scammer, you are a jobless and homeless hobo who sleeps under the bridge in London. You must be the only fool who does not know that , as a very common example, Train Station waiting rooms are heated in the UK. I guess those waiting rooms are owned by Uduaghan and not classified as heated public space. Olodo. Obvious you are the only liar here. A very m.o.ro.nic one as well.

Anyway, when you are jobless and homeless, how will you ever have need for a Train Station waiting room? If you will carry on this groupie thing, at least try and rent a decent brain.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by PhysicsQED(m): 3:25pm On May 30, 2012
Even if the bridge is between buildings, it does not necessarily have to be enclosed, but if it is very high up, it may be prudent to do so for safety reasons.

But if it does have to be enclosed, it simply does not necessarily need to be air conditioned. If the bridge is connected to two buildings which are themselves at reasonable temperatures due to insulation (to reduce heat transfer) and/or air conditioning, then the bridge will almost certainly be at a significantly lower temperature than outside granted the bridge is not extremely long or the rooms it's connected to are not too small, simply because the bridge will have to reach thermal equilibrium with the adjoining rooms.

Using better materials on the bridge itself to reduce heat transfer - if it must be built and there really are no better projects that are within the state government's power to execute - is also a better idea than wasting any electricity on air conditioners for it.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by manny4life(m): 3:29pm On May 30, 2012
To add to that, govt will spend tens of million of Naira to pwer the ACs for the bridge, what sense does that make? Or will they have a special generating station to power the ACs?
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by icez: 3:36pm On May 30, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Spirit of Okija: THese are the type of innovation we can get only from Ogun State;

- Ogun State Split Unit

Ogun State Independent Air cooling Unit

[img]http://cl.jroo.me/z3/f/o/I/d/a.aaa-Cool-Air-Conditioner.jpg[/img] Ogun State to power pedestrian bridge with Made in Ogun AC

Ogun State affordable mobile AC

Ogun State dual Air COnditioners9half Fridge/Half ac)

[img]http://www.londontips.info/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/dba49_funny-picture-9979525214.jpg[/img] [img]http://funny-pics.co/wp-content/uploads/air-conditioning-445x299.jpg[/img] Ogun to fit Air conditioners on Public Transport buses

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by PhysicsQED(m): 3:38pm On May 30, 2012
From what Gbawe posted, it seems that much of the motivation for this stuff is for appearances and to be able to proclaim it as the first of its kind in Africa - or at least that seems like part of the motivation for the air conditioned bus stops the government is also planning. Appearances do have some importance - anyone can admit that - but I really think that we're looking at yet another Nigerian state government that doesn't have it's priorities straight since there are more useful projects that could be carried out.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by icez: 3:41pm On May 30, 2012
grin grin grin

manny4life: To add to that, govt will spend tens of million of Naira to pwer the ACs for the bridge, what sense does that make? Or will they have a special generating station to power the ACs?
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:45pm On May 30, 2012
PhysicsQED: From what Gbawe posted, it seems that much of the motivation for this stuff is for appearances and to be able to proclaim it as the first of its kind in Africa - or at least that seems like part of the motivation for the air conditioned bus stops the government is also planning. Appearances do have some importance - anyone can admit that - but I really think that we're looking at yet another Nigerian state government that doesn't have it's priorities straight since there are more useful projects that could be carried out.

AS beautiful as it sounds, its impractical..

How do you buy bulds before you even wire the house?!

How do you buy A.C before you get the electricity to power it?!

These ACN governors are just rascally...
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Beaf: 3:46pm On May 30, 2012
Gbawe:

I forget that , as a failed 419ner and scammer, you are a jobless and homeless hobo who sleeps under the bridge in London. You must be the only fool who does not know that , as a very common example, Train Station waiting rooms are heated in the UK. I guess those waiting rooms are owned by Uduaghan and not classified as heated public space. Olodo. Obvious you are the only liar here. A very m.o.ro.nic one as well.

Anyway, when you are jobless and homeless, how will you ever have need for a Train Station waiting room? If you will carry on this groupie thing, at least try and rent a decent brain.

Gbawe! Gbawe!! Gbawe!!!
How many times I call you so? Why do you like lying so much?

Gbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaawe!!! Show us the bridge in London that is airconditioned nau!
Are train station waiting rooms the same as bridges? Or is Amosun building a train station waiting room? All these thieves and their funny stories sha! Na wa o!

Una jus wan tif. angry

Olodo! Mumu! Ode! Ole!
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by icez: 3:46pm On May 30, 2012
Very funny. cool
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by PhysicsQED(m): 3:48pm On May 30, 2012
I just looked up images of Perugia and it is indeed a beautiful city, although I don't know about most beautiful in the world. I hope that someday in my lifetime Nigeria can have multiple cities that have that kind of beauty.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Beaf: 3:48pm On May 30, 2012
Gbawe is a rascal! grin grin grin grin
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by icez: 3:50pm On May 30, 2012
grin grin grin

Beaf:

Gbawe! Gbawe!! Gbawe!!!
How many times I call you so? Why do you like lying so much?

Gbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaawe!!! Show us the bridge in London that is airconditioned nau!
Are train station waiting rooms the same as bridges? Or is Amosun building a train station waiting room? All these thieves and their funny stories sha! Na wa o!

Una jus wan tif. angry

Olodo! Mumu! Ode! Ole!
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by PhysicsQED(m): 3:54pm On May 30, 2012
manny4life: To add to that, govt will spend tens of million of Naira to pwer the ACs for the bridge, what sense does that make? Or will they have a special generating station to power the ACs?

It's just a terrible idea to focus on this right now. These kinds of things are luxuries which richer countries (the countries the governor visited) can pull off because they don't have too many other areas requiring urgent attention. Air conditioning is great, but this is simply wrong headed.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by icez: 3:56pm On May 30, 2012
shocked shocked shocked

brabus: [size=18]POMP AND PAGEANTRY[/size]

This is to say the

Is that development?

Oya talk now! [size=15]Who be the thief? Who be the hunter[/size]
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by greatlee(m): 4:08pm On May 30, 2012
salakobaba: The Ogun State Government on Monday announced its plan to construct the first pedestrian bridge in Abeokuta , the state capital. Governor Ibikunle Amosun says the bridge will be air-conditioned.
The bridge will be built around the famous Ibara roundabout of the ancient town, and is expected to reduce traffic congestion and accidents at the ever busy junction.
Mr. Amosun made the disclosure while commissioning the 2.5km Ibara-Ita-Eko road in Abeokuta which gulped a total of N1.3bn
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/5340-ogun_to_construct_air-conditioned_pedestrian_bridge.html

N1.3bn for a 2.5km road? God save us from this heartless cri min als.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trailer & Petroleum Tanker Collide On Ibadan-osun Expressway This Morning / Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads / Enugu Airport: Easter Deadline Suspended Because Of Workers’ Withdrawal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.