Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? (43935 Views)

What Are The Best Laptops For Programmers And Hackers?! / Best Laptops For Programmers / Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by winkee9305(m): 11:23am On Jul 14, 2013
hi
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by kliq(m): 11:25am On Jul 14, 2013
sova: am sorry if am diverting d topic. wil lov to knw hw much it wl cost to be train on programing language
APTECH....google 4 further info
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by talk2me006(m): 11:41am On Jul 14, 2013
I suggest toshiba product for you as it is strong,durable and portable...
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by Austinleo: 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
You don't definitely need a name to get a better computer for programming. All you need is a good computer with enough storage capacity to hold your applications and video cards. i will advise you select any of the four major producers: Dell, HP, Toshiba, Asus... Better still it is possible to get a combination of all. What my friends in programming did and still does was build their own computer. Get a nice pc and fine tune it 8gig of Ram is good and they make sure they have at least 1terabyte cos they make use of many apps....and if you are going to make use of a laptop, HP and LENOVO should be d first option with high storage before others. Thanks
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by billgabb(m): 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
Please go for the HP ELITEBOOK no mater the cost.
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
prof800:
most programmers are not really selective about screensize as long as the screen is reasonably wide..so believe me, this should be top choice.

Also look at.:
HP ENVY Dv7-7250us(i7, 1TB, 8Gb, 17" @160-180k) *muah* beautiful.

Another cute workstation is HP ENVY 4-1101ea (i5, 500Gb+32Gb SSD, 8Gb, 14" @120-135k)

for DELL, the recommended 'top choice' would be DELL XPS 13-952 (i7, 128Gb SSD, 4Gb+upgradeable @ only btw 170-180k).

other better ones might just be too expensive.
Lol... you need to inspect the condition of the CPU heating up and losing contact related problem on crunching numbers and other running GPU games related programs.

Have you considered ASUS G75VW-BH71-CB- 17.3 3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3630QM Windows 8 Laptop- Black at =N= 138,890.00?
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by bknight: 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
Seun:

Currently thinking of choosing the Sony VAIO E Series SVE1713CCXB, a 17.3-Inch Laptop with a 1080p glossy screen, no external graphics (which web programmers don't need anyway), and a white-backlit full keyboard. It costs just $739.99 on Amazon.com. Upgrading to 16gb of RAM and a 250GB SSD raises the total cost to $1035, which seems rather reasonable.

Seun, leave sony VAIOs alone.
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
bknight:

Seun, leave sony VAIOs alone.
Sony Vaio is underrated though. It is not mainly meant for games but it is one of the few laptop products with less problems out there. I agree on going for Sony Vaio. I have used a lot of the products and others as well and I can't agree more Sony is expensive but very good product.
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by Seun(m): 6:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
bknight: Seun, leave sony VAIOs alone.
because ...
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by kingscorps(m): 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2013
Well @seun, I think this is no more about people suggesting to you about what to do and what not to do. From what am seeing, you have a good knowledge about the topic in question. Since you are yet to hire and buy the pcs; I suggest you hire, let them know your budget for the pcs and find a balance between cost and performance.
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by bknight: 8:10am On Jul 15, 2013
Seun: because ...

Those fancy lappies can not withstand d vigorous use u'll subject them to. Except you ship in the part, it's a long thing getting the parts here in nigeria. It generally unstable.

I used one, a really cool looking thing but it broke down (and believe me, they break down pretty easily) and there wasn't a single place to get its parts.

Then I had 2 more experiences trying a help a consultant fix theirs, Phew! bros me sef tire na undecided
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by SolomonAkuro(m): 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2013
I'll prefer the hp elite good picture quality price should not be your problem Sir
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by ModeyRay: 4:20pm On Jul 15, 2013
Go for dell inspiron 50:50 core i3 4gb ram, 500gb hard disc, portable with a nice processing speed...
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 16, 2013
roselynbas:

what?! are u serious?! who sold this to you?
Thats the price. Toshiba laptops is not for everybody.
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 16, 2013
roselynbas:

what?! are u serious?! who sold this to you?
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
One thing i believe is that most people till now, still tend to prefer the choice of "product" over "specs". A fellow mate of mine in my school dayz in the same Comp Sc. dept then will always keep a deaf ear & disregard any conflicting opinion against products like Dell and HP. It was later he realized when our lecturer made us know that Specs are what determine the "intended function", and NOT d product.
pls NB: (Products in their respective capacities have been proven to make better/desirable "specs" than one another.)

my brief contribution to this is ('cos im just gonna make a silly epistle if i continue) :

If Mr Seun wants laptops/desktop for resourse-demanding tasks like programming ONLY, i HUMBLY suggest u go for :
laptop- DELL XPS L322X(less than 180k) / SONY VAIO VPCE(less than 170k)

desktop-not sure, but i ASSURE you HP/Compaq are best in this area.

(but recent improvements reveal MacBooks as "considerably" better than others, but cost is the ONLY constraint here.)
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by mkmyers45(m): 2:46pm On Aug 01, 2013
MSI GT70 (Extreme Edition, Core i7-4930MX) 1TB HARDRIVE, 16GB RAM + 4GB DEDICATED MEMORY
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by ciphoenix: 5:39pm On Aug 01, 2013
mkmyers45: MSI GT70 (Extreme Edition, Core i7-4930MX) 1TB HARDRIVE, 16GB RAM + 4GB DEDICATED MEMORY

shocked
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by mkmyers45(m): 5:42pm On Aug 01, 2013
ciphoenix:

shocked

Its the gaming and programming ish bro...check it out
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by ciphoenix: 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2013
mkmyers45:

Its the gaming and programming ish bro...check it out
Just did. Not expensive for the specs too
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by mkmyers45(m): 5:54pm On Aug 01, 2013
ciphoenix:
Just did. Not expensive for the specs too

Thats the beauty of it cheesy
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by laurencemayory: 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2013
pls I jst started learning python and in all the books I was referred to, I was to run the ''hello world'' command and am still unable to do that even though I have the python interface on my system what should I do pls.
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by Fulaman198(m): 10:38am On Apr 30, 2015
Lenovo Thinkpad W-series
Re: Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? by oneshowguy: 7:38am On Sep 13, 2017
The QUBE AIO is an excellent all-in-one desktop. If you need a full-HD display with plenty of processing power,and like the design of apple imac, but want to stick with windows its worth the consideration and its more affordable than ever.

Processor: CORE i3
Memory: 4GB Memory
Screen: 21.5 inch LED
Accessories: Wireless Mouse & Wireless Keyboard

Available Now In Lagos with service center for after sales support

intrerested dealers can Contact # 08123329521 for information on dealer prices.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics / How Many Clients Have You Gotten From Your Web Development Ad On Nairaland? / High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.