Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,770 members, 7,813,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! (135319 Views)

Airtel BIS Now #1,000/month + Solution To Make Your #1,500 BBC Work On Pc/phones / MTN BBC Monthly BIS Now ₦1000! / Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by sammybrainy(m): 6:51am On Jun 21, 2013
temodent: it is really really sad that with all these long threads no one in particular give a simple answer to the question that has been evolving on this thread. simply IS THE NEW AIRTEL #1500 SUBSCRIPTION WORKING ON OTHER DEVICE RATHER THAN ON BLACKBERRY FONE. Simple YES or NO. And thread just kept going on and on without addressing the main issue. Quite interesting isn't.
Its working on other devices,althoug its not unlimited;caped at 2GIG.
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by cmpunk: 7:31am On Jun 21, 2013
Kamaye: Yeeesssss
but u must add 10mb join am b4 he work 4 laptop or pc.
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by fruyi(m): 10:42am On Jun 21, 2013
I still believe that the N1200 (1gb) BB plan being accessed by other phones is a loophole on Airtel's network but because they are witnessing good patronage and revenue, they've decided to let it be (for now). Blackberry phone users don't have to call customer care to activate the plan... They're still working on a perfect way to detect non-blackberry phone users and they're progressing (since you now have to call CC sometimes). The N1500 (2gb) is an alternative they're planning to provide to non-blackberry users when they eventually decide to finally shut out non-BB phones from the N1200 plan.

How is Airtel expecting subscribers to patronize their other data plans like the ones below (within the N1,000 range) if the access by non-BB phone users is not a loophole?

•Lite 200MB - 260MB N1,000 - 30 days *141*11*4# 
•Midi 250 MB - 325MB N1,300 - 30 days *141*11*5#
•Smartphone1 (500MB - 650MB) N2,000 30 days *141*11*6#
•Smartphone2 (1GB - 1.3GB) N3,000 30 days *141*11*7# 
•Plus (3GB - 3.9GB) N5,000 30 days *141*12*1#

The N1200 (1gb) plans has certain limitations that is applicable to BB phones... That is why it is pegged at a cheaper rate for BB users. Accessing it with a non-BB phone renders the limitation useless. Airtel is finding a way to cub this by providing ready alternatives. I want to believe they already found a way around it (explains why some have to call CC now)... It's just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by peteregwu(m): 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2013
stephenponti: .
At least the info on their website say 350mb. 350 or 3gig , if u exhaust the data just do 2h subscription & u re surfing unlimited.

But I have been using mtn bis on my android since the beginning of this month and I have downloaded more than 1.5g worth of data ever since. how come it is 350mb? Anyway...
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 21, 2013
It is more than 350mb. I have personally downloaded 3.5gb dis month alone and my plan will expire on 29th of june. So whosever is feeding with that info of 350mb does'nt know his or her work.
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by ChristKid1: 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2013
Pls guys make it a little clearer for us newbies. You know 1500 is a lot esp if you're student.
What is the subscription code for the unlimited or 2gig?
Did you subcribe for the 10mb daily plan to make it work?
And most importantly, which APN SETTINGS are you using?
Abeg o i dey beg. Thanks in advance. grin
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by sammybrainy(m): 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2013
fruyi: I still believe that the N1200 (1gb) BB plan being accessed by other phones is a loophole on Airtel's network but because they are witnessing good patronage and revenue, they've decided to let it be (for now). Blackberry phone users don't have to call customer care to activate the plan... They're still working on a perfect way to detect non-blackberry phone users and they're progressing (since you now have to call CC sometimes). The N1500 (2gb) is an alternative they're planning to provide to non-blackberry users when they eventually decide to finally shut out non-BB phones from the N1200 plan.

How is Airtel expecting subscribers to patronize their other data plans like the ones below (within the N1,000 range) if the access by non-BB phone users is not a loophole?

•Lite 200MB - 260MB N1,000 - 30 days *141*11*4# 
•Midi 250 MB - 325MB N1,300 - 30 days *141*11*5#
•Smartphone1 (500MB - 650MB) N2,000 30 days *141*11*6#
•Smartphone2 (1GB - 1.3GB) N3,000 30 days *141*11*7# 
•Plus (3GB - 3.9GB) N5,000 30 days *141*12*1#

The N1200 (1gb) plans has certain limitations that is applicable to BB phones... That is why it is pegged at a cheaper rate for BB users. Accessing it with a non-BB phone renders the limitation useless. Airtel is finding a way to cub this by providing ready alternatives. I want to believe they already found a way around it (explains why some have to call CC now)... It's just a matter of time.
U'v got points but i dnt blive its a loophole. I'v been using d bb plan on my android for months now, and have never called their cc for assistance to subscribe,except when i need to deactivate a previous plan(cos on airtel u'd hav to deactivat any oda data plan to sub. for a new one). And evn the last time i did that,d cc agent asked if I wnted to subscribe for a bb plan and i said yes,meanwhile he'd already asked of d phone am using(which i told him is a samsung android). Then he deactivated my daily plan and said i could go ahead and subscribe.
The technology used to block non bb devices is not far fetched,etisalat,glo and previously mtn make/made use of it.
They knw the normal data plans is a complet rip-off.
This has gained them more data subscribers and therefor more revenue.

Besides d bb and android users tend have d same data limit,depending on the chosen bb plan. If its 2gig cap, neither device can exceed dat limit.

And even as an android user i have the youtube advantage. Try youtubing with a BB,instead of consuming d data, instead ur credit will zap to zero.

Would it then make any business sense to block out non bb subsribers?

2 Likes

Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by sammybrainy(m): 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
Chris†Kid:
Pls guys make it a little clearer for us newbies. You know 1500 is a lot esp if you're student.
What is the subscription code for the unlimited or 2gig?
Did you subcribe for the 10mb daily plan to make it work?
And most importantly, which APN SETTINGS are you using?
Abeg o i dey beg. Thanks in advance. grin

Just recharge with N1500 and dial *440*16#
thats all. I didnt have to sub for any 10mb plan. and I'm using d default apn ( internet.ng.airtel.com).
I use android and basicaly did nothing more than recharge 1500 and dial the code.

1 Like

Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2013
[size 16pt]Those that are still paying for Airtel's BIS are still on the long thing and those that are still waiting every month to pay are still on the long thing, Thank God for MTN [/size]
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by isidollarboy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 21, 2013
EMMAUGOH: [size 16pt]Those that are still paying for Airtel's BIS are still on the long thing and those that are still waiting every month to pay are still on the long thing, Thank God for MTN [/size]
bro show us the way
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by ChristKid1: 7:11pm On Jun 21, 2013
sammybrainy:

Just recharge with N1500 and dial *440*16#
thats all. I didnt have to sub for any 10mb plan. and I'm using d default apn ( internet.ng.airtel.com).
I use android and basicaly did nothing more than recharge 1500 and dial the code.
ok thanks bro. Thats really gonna help

2 Likes

Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by sammybrainy(m): 7:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
Chris†Kid:

ok thanks bro. Thats really gonna help
u are welcome bro, glad to be of help.
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by Panshow(m): 7:35pm On Jun 21, 2013
I just subscribed for the airtel unlimited BB Plan today using *440*16#
I got 2GIG.
Am using APN:internet.ng.airtel.com
Now I am rocking it with my tecno n3.
No need to opt in for any 10mb.
No any hitches.
AIRTEL UNLIMITED BB PLAN WORKS ON ALL DEVICES. IT'S REAL...
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by Panshow(m): 7:57pm On Jun 21, 2013
See ehh.. It seems as if Airtel unlimited BB Plan is for android users and not for BB users again.
LOL.
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by sammybrainy(m): 7:58pm On Jun 21, 2013
Panshow: See ehh.. It seems as if Airtel unlimited BB Plan is for android users and not for BB users again.
LOL.
lol, abi o
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 8:10pm On Jun 21, 2013
ya is confirmed cos i subscribed to it and is still wrking and dowloadin veri fast...
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by tigoomoniyi: 8:43pm On Jun 21, 2013
Pls does MTN BIS still work on Ipads?
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by cutisman50: 9:27pm On Jun 21, 2013
Panshow: I just subscribed for the airtel unlimited BB Plan today using *440*16#
I got 2GIG.
Am using APN:internet.ng.airtel.com
Now I am rocking it with my tecno n3.
No need to opt in for any 10mb.
No any hitches.
AIRTEL UNLIMITED BB PLAN WORKS ON ALL DEVICES. IT'S REAL...
pls does it work on modem.because i use airtel modem
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by dmcdad: 2:35am On Jun 22, 2013
tigoomoniyi: Pls does MTN BIS still work on Ipads?
Sure!!!
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by Ekennovative(m): 8:31am On Jun 22, 2013
Someone should kindly answer this. Is the new airtel BIS sub. Of #1,500 2GIG or unlimited? Airtel calls it unlimited but some people are saying that it's 2 gig or does the term unlimited equal 2gig?
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by Panshow(m): 9:47am On Jun 22, 2013
cutisman50:
pls does it work on modem.because i use airtel modem
. Yes it does Bro. If by default it doesn't work, then create a new profile with the APN:internet.ng.airtel.com on ur modem's dash board. It sure gonna work.
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by Panshow(m): 9:55am On Jun 22, 2013
Ekennovative: Someone should kindly answer this. Is the new airtel BIS sub. Of #1,500 2GIG or unlimited? Airtel calls it unlimited but some people are saying that it's 2 gig or does the term unlimited equal 2gig?
Unlimited is just a nickname given to it, not that it implies what it says. #on my mind though.
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by fruyi(m): 12:58pm On Jun 22, 2013
Let me try to end this UNLIMITED debate once and for all... Airtel, by using UNLIMITED actually meant " UNRESTRICTED 24-7 ACCESS" of 2gb Internet service for 30 days (or till the 2gb is exhausted). That is to say it is not LIMITED to weekends only, peeak or off-peak period of the day etc... You have UNLIMITED internet access 24-7 for 30 days! Not a FOREVER ACCESS like some are erroneously assuming. Kapish Kai... English!!!
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by Richiebronx: 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2013
What do i do my airtel bis unlimited ain't working on ma pc,someone pls helep me o!
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by Richiebronx: 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2013
Please help me my airtel bis unlimited is not working on my mtn modem.
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by drexx(m): 1:44pm On Jun 22, 2013
Please how do I subscribe for this 1500 2gb bis. What's the code
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by Tnot(m): 2:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
NCC go here watin Airtel they do us.
Re: Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! by Tnot(m): 2:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
drexx: Please how do I subscribe for this 1500 2gb bis. What's the code

Again...?!

It's *440*16#

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24)

Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) / MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks / Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.