Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? (15145 Views)

Anambra Road Commuters Lament Alleged Extortion By Military / Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel / Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 03, 2019
Here is the story. I sent two laptops to a cousin in UniPort through the United States Post Office Priority package and paid about $120 for postage.

Upon arrival of the package, the Nigeria Post Office called her to come pick up the package with N25k and I was like is this a joke or what?
Is this how it is done or is this extortion and what can be done about it?

2 Likes

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by betterpikinn: 11:38pm On Oct 03, 2019
J111333:
Here is the story. I sent two laptops to a cousin in UniPort through the United States Post Office Priority package and paid about $120 for postage.
Upon arrival of the package, the Nigeria Post Office called her to come pick up the package with N25k and I was like is this a joke or what?
Is this how it is done or is this extortion and what can be done about it?

Cc: Justwise, DisGuy, Lalasticlala.
That's outrageous
She shouldn't fall for such extortion.
They charge per weight and a laptop's handling charges should NEVER exceed 3k.

She should ask to talk with the manager or threatening to involve the police or efcc...

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 03, 2019
betterpikinn:

That's outrageous
She shouldn't fall for such extortion.
They charge per weight and a laptop's handling charges should NEVER exceed 3k.

She should ask to talk with the manager or threatening to involve the police or efcc...
Do they have to charge again after I have paid for postage with the post office here? Don't they liase in some kind of way?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 12:23am On Oct 04, 2019
You better pay that money or find a way to negociate before them go change that laptop to a ROCK with the same LBs/KG embarassed

26 Likes

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:24am On Oct 04, 2019
OP, We hope this image below helps.....

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by realstars: 11:24am On Oct 04, 2019
Someone is chopping from there.,
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:24am On Oct 04, 2019
9JAFULLBREED:
You better pay that money or find a way to negociate before them go change that laptop to a ROCK with the same LBs/KG embarassed
An average Nigerian mentality.
He should better pay?
If you guys keep thinking like this,
How do we get the change that we voted for.
This is appaling.

You better STAND FOR YOUR RIGHT!

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by Bawizzo(m): 11:24am On Oct 04, 2019
is the laptop carrying a bughati engine? those niqqaz charge per weight.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by Freemanbobble: 11:24am On Oct 04, 2019
Okay
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by wonuks(m): 11:24am On Oct 04, 2019
cool
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by toprealman: 11:24am On Oct 04, 2019
Jungle life in Naija...... everybody looking for how to exploit just anybody.
A tailor sent some items via courier. He smartly added his own çut. Sent him the cash only for me to see the right amount online whilst tracking my package. Laugh no gree me. Men of integrity almost extinct.

12 Likes

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by Oweku: 11:24am On Oct 04, 2019
grin
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by magicminister: 11:24am On Oct 04, 2019
Interesting.

I’d like to see how this one ends.
I always pick up from the post office for free since I already paid all the shipping fees online before the product is shipped but I’ve never sent nor received a laptop to/from overseas.
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by johndik(m): 11:25am On Oct 04, 2019
This is Nigeria for you
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by Sirnuel: 11:25am On Oct 04, 2019
You are even lucky they didnt deny receiving any such package, or presenting and empty box to your cousin

The only thing that can fix this country is to privatise everything... anything government?? forget it, civil servants are the worse. From their oga at the top to the gate man in a random government primary school.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 04, 2019
Thieves

1 Like

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by gbaskiboy: 11:25am On Oct 04, 2019
I am following

1 Like

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:25am On Oct 04, 2019
Buhari is right about one thing, corruption has done a lot of damage to Nigeria and the people of Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by wellmax(m): 11:25am On Oct 04, 2019
J111333:
Do they have to charge again after I have paid for postage with the post office here? Don't they liase in some kind of way?

Yes you have to pay handling charges. Don't know how much exactly but 25k is outrageous

7 Likes

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by Sirnuel: 11:27am On Oct 04, 2019
Tajbol4splend:
Buhari is right about one thing, corruption has done a lot of damage to Nigeria and the people of Nigeria

What is corruption?? It is us every single one of us.
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by Vision2060: 11:28am On Oct 04, 2019
If this is true and you are sure, please make it go viral on twitter also and tag the necessary authority EFCC ICPC etc.

"Nigeria will be GREAT"

5 Likes

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by Victorclean1: 11:28am On Oct 04, 2019
I also paid 15k for an ordinary phone sent to me from Canada in ikeja post office

4 Likes

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by ebiboy2(m): 11:28am On Oct 04, 2019
I don't know o but I paid 10k to send a generator and TV from the north to the east and for over two weeks, I've not seen my package yet.
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by DXNNigeria: 11:30am On Oct 04, 2019
Check this out
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by tfelicityk(m): 11:31am On Oct 04, 2019
Tell the sender to send you the details of the laptop and the receipt used to send the laptop via email. Print it with you and go to the post office to claim your goods.

Don't go alone. Make sure you tell them that you are asked to pick up the goods... Those documents are envidence and don't give out to anybody but the manager.
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by RichDad1(m): 11:31am On Oct 04, 2019
I had similar experience sometimes in June.
I ordered some auto parts from China through AliExpress.
On getting to Nigeria, I was charge 11,900 for duty by EMS. When I check the package, I noticed that the customs or whosoever did the valuation canceled the original value of $55 and place a new value of almost $100. I was very livid and angry.
Why are we like this in this country?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by Alexk2(m): 11:33am On Oct 04, 2019
Is it only me that's thinking that it's your cousin that may want to scam you. All I know is that Your cousin is not supposed to pay to receive.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by Gazzy88(m): 11:33am On Oct 04, 2019
toprealman:
Jungle life on Naija...... everybody looking for how to exploit just anybody.
A tailor sent some items via courier. He smartly added his own çut. Sent him the cash only for me to see the right amount online whilst tracking my package. Laugh no gree me. Men of integrity almost extinct.
Which postal service did the tailor used? Let me learn please
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by nurez305(m): 11:34am On Oct 04, 2019
Why will they charge again ?
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by AZEEZABUBAKARR: 11:35am On Oct 04, 2019
[s]
post=82829137:

An average Nigerian mentality.
He should better pay?
If you guys keep thinking like this,
How do we get the change that we voted for.
This is appaling.

You better STAND FOR YOUR RIGHT!
[/s]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Accident Involving 3 Cars In Jos Claims Lives (Graphic Photos) / Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) / Indian National Arrested In Lagos Over Visa Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.