Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Should I Try Internet Dating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Try Internet Dating? (957 Views)

Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It / Is Internet Dating Really Rubbish? / All This Internet Dating, Does It Really Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Try Internet Dating? by quadrant4: 7:53am On May 07, 2008
“We E-mailed each other every day. We made plans regarding a place to live and work. I was supposed to take care of the engagement rings. We had not even known each other a month and had not yet met in person.”

YOU would really like to meet someone—someone you can get to know, someone you might want to marry. But, thus far, none of your efforts to find someone like that have worked out. Attempts by well-meaning friends and family to set you up with someone have done nothing but embarrass you and have left you more discouraged than ever. So you are wondering if maybe you should turn to technology for help.

In this age of the computer, finding a compatible mate may seem to be just a few clicks away. All you have to do, some say, is log on to a Web site, chat room, or bulletin board that has been specially designed for singles. The New York Times reports that in one month in the United States alone, 45 million people visited on-line dating Web sites. One Internet matchmaker claims to have more than nine million people using its service in 240 countries.What are the advantages and disadvantages of internet datings your view pls
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by acidrop(f): 8:01am On May 07, 2008
if its ur only and last option
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by 9jaboi1(m): 10:25am On May 07, 2008
what kinda stupid question is dat.
if d babe gree, na me go help U straff am.
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 07, 2008
what is ma bonus point if i act like i care?
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by frank316(m): 1:14pm On May 07, 2008
if you like try across the border dating, that one na your business.
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by iice(f): 4:50pm On May 07, 2008
Has never been my thing. . .
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by Akinagirl(f): 11:17am On May 08, 2008
Do it if you want, just be careful because people are not always as they seem. And you don't have that face to face interaction, could be dangerous. And guys he asked for opinions and advice, no need to be nasty.
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by Cayon(f): 2:41pm On May 17, 2008
Akinagirl:

Do it if you want, just be careful because people are not always as they seem. And you don't have that face to face interaction, could be dangerous. And guys he asked for opinions and advice, no need to be nasty.
thumbs up  - well said
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by LadyT(f): 2:46pm On May 17, 2008
What the hell ever

Look its another human being behind the screen so dont fret YOU WILL BE ATTRACTED to people online.
Just be careful if have requests for money run like hell.
If you ever decide to meet do it in a very public place or even take a friend with you.
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by 4Him1(m): 2:59pm On May 17, 2008
iice:

Has never been my thing. . .

Answers like this make me wonder if we can still read english. grin
The poster wasnt asking if it was your thing or not . . . read the topic again.
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 17, 2008
chaiii 4him ,may God deliver u and dis ur bad mouth ,tufiakwa grin
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by iice(f): 4:46am On May 18, 2008
Sorry oooo for my poor reading skills grin grin

quadrant4:

What are the advantages and disadvantages of internet datings your view please

I see no advantages to it. . .hence it has never been my thing cheesy cheesy
For those it worked out for, for however long. . .good for you wink
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by whitelexi(m): 10:59am On May 18, 2008
Una no dey go church? tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by ikamefa(f): 11:09pm On May 20, 2008
whitelexi:

ahahahahahahahahahahah shocked

so church na dating ground? tongue
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by ikamefa(f): 11:15pm On May 20, 2008
4 Him:

Answers like this make me wonder if we can still read english. grin
The poster wasnt asking if it was your thing or not . . . read the topic again.

shocked shuo! na wah for english major oh

iice:

Sorry oooo for my poor reading skills grin grin

" grin " grammar grammar nor be your language ! tongue grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by kufreabasi(m): 1:19pm On May 21, 2008
it is left for you
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by hola2ng(m): 2:16pm On May 21, 2008
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by kayowalemi(m): 2:16pm On May 21, 2008
Yes, do it. If u're going to abide by d consequences. If u want more lover's site tell me. Even if it didn't end in marriage, a real friendship might stir up from there.
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by buzyDiva(f): 2:20pm On May 21, 2008
works for some. . .doesn't work for others.

good luck!
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by krama(m): 2:07am On May 30, 2008
There is something about this internet thingy that makes people get attracted to each other so easily, especially when both parties are obviously SEARCHING for love. Strong caution is therefore advised. You need to thread extremely carefully because it could be a dangerous ground. You need to ask loads of questions and do some verifications rather than swallowing whatever the other person tells you hook, line, sinker and the fisherman’s booth.

whitelexi:

Makes me remember Coming to America grin. But its quite true you know. Church, library. . .
Re: Should I Try Internet Dating? by doe82: 9:23am On May 30, 2008
pple can be deceptive even when you are interacting with them physically now think of how deceptive they can be in the internet.
Anyway,Love has no hard and fast rule,you can find ur love anywhere ranging from the club,to the brothel ,theater,office, anywhere and that includes intern
jennykadry:

chaiii 4him ,may God deliver u and this your bad mouth ,tufiakwa grin
et.

(1) (Reply)

Help: Am I A Diff Creature Or Something? / I Need Your Advice Now, Please Someone Say Something. / Who Have Ever Seen This Kind Of Thing?,please Advise!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.