Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It (1563 Views)

Guys, Ever Been Embarrassed For Visiting A Lady? Share Your Experiences / Romance: Share Your Experiences Of Mistaking Niceness For Greenlight. / Hw Was Ur First Sex/romance Share Ur Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by bittyend(m): 6:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
The romance section looks a little bit dead today. Let's share stories about our experiences in the past, or at the moment about internet dating/romance; and how we feel about this age of globalisation.

All my experiences about internet dating happened years back, during my college days and the platform back then was Hi5. I'm older now and I don't really have time for faceless people. I'll drop a brief and concise freestyle about my experience. Enjoy!

Hi5 and MSN messenger was the hype when I was in college. We were all young and we all had big dreams of messing with as many girls as possible, and Hi5 provided the platform for all my peers to showcase their looks, cornrows(all the guys had it back then including my humble self), abs, and new designer creps and garms. I was the ladies' man; tall, long air, well chiseled body, pretty face assassin; and I got the girls in 'decade' folds.

However, one stood out of the lot, and I know I would never have met her, if not for Hi5. We were two different people and we both lived in different parts of the city. We've known each other for like 6 years now. We dated for like 3 years but she's more like my sister now, and the only person out there that knows my deepest secrets. She's also like the only Nigerian girl that I talk to(though I've been with loads of Nigerian girls).

Internet dating/romance isn't really my thing anymore since I grew out of my teen years; and I don't really have time for stressful and long courtship; I get bored of it easily. I think internet dating isn't that bad if you have got the temperament for it.

Post your story! grin
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by shaybebaby(f): 6:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
Got nothing mate, lol!
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by bittyend(m): 6:42pm On Sep 21, 2012
shaybe baby: Got nothing mate, lol!
lol! Don't lie, I know you were part of the Hi5 and MSN madness back in the day. cheesy

What're you saying, b? You just went ghost on me. sad
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by bmasz(m): 6:45pm On Sep 21, 2012
Noting to say. Let me think. The only one I've tried to cyber date ditched me after I refused to load her fone.
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2012
My own experience na bad one.i come across one igbo babe for one dating site and we start to be friends.we be friends for almost three months and we dey chat for phone and believe u me this babe get very nice voice for phone.so can u imagine on the day wey she gree open her webcam for me to see how she look like i was very disappointed sad.the babe dey smile at me for webcam and dey ask me if i dey see her and i come see say the babe get moustache sad.can u imagine a woman having thick moustache on top of her mouth.mehn dat was just bad sad
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by bittyend(m): 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2012
lefulefu: My own experience na bad one.i come across one igbo babe for one dating site and we start to be friends.we be friends for almost three months and we dey chat for phone and believe u me this babe get very nice voice for phone.so can u imagine on the day wey she gree open her webcam for me to see how she look like i was very disappointed sad.the babe dey smile at me for webcam and dey ask me if i dey see her and i come see say the babe get moustache sad.can u imagine a woman having thick moustache on top of her mouth.mehn dat was just bad sad

looooooooool! You're a legend!

You waited for a girl for 3months? shocked

Mine used to be some quick thing, if she isn't linking up after a week, then she can fvck off.
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by shaybebaby(f): 7:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
I won't say dating though. I've made some friends online never actually met any in person apart from one dude. The night we met up, i invited my bezzie along and they both hooked up but my mate ended up getting hurt. Still friends with the guy though.
I play scrabble a lot on facebook and I've been friends with an Aussie guy I met on there for about 3 years now.
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by Mynd44: 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2012
I have got noting.
No e-dates for me but loads of friends
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by bittyend(m): 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
shaybe baby: I won't say dating though. I've made some friends online never actually met any in person apart from one dude. The night we met up, i invited my bezzie along and they both hooked up but my mate ended up getting hurt. Still friends with the guy though.
I play scrabble a lot on facebook and I've been friends with an Aussie guy I met on there for about 3 years now.

I thought everyone was on it back in the day, good to see someone who never got caught up in the hype. grin

But did you have to do your mate dirty? cheesy
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by shaybebaby(f): 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
bittyend:

I thought everyone was on it back in the day, good to see someone who never got caught up in the hype. grin

But did you have to do your mate dirty? cheesy
She's a big girl, if i tell am say no do, it'll be like bad belle. I reckon she was grown enough to know what she was doing, besides she had fun while it lasted.
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by slimyem: 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
I have had about 5 good online male friends but i've only met 3 of them..
The first one was just there...we didn't really click offline like we did online.he faded into the background after a while...
I've met the second guy thrice..he doesn't stay in the country but makes sure we see whenever he's around.calls me his sister cuz we from the same state.Cool guy-no romance.i don't like him like that and the feeling is mutual.
I met the third after three years of chatting and calling even though we were in the same city about that time.we just never thought it important to meet until three years had passed.cool guy-i like him.we clicked but lots of issues.the romance ended before it started.
Still very good friends though.he knows me almost more than i know myself!cheesy
For the two other friends,we just love the mystery.Maybe we'll meet,maybe not!time'll tell.
I haven't had any unpalatable experience with any online friend more because i'm a good judge of people and i don't just talk with anyone and everyone nor do i rush into meeting them.cheesy
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by Mynd44: 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2012
^^
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by serenegroup(m): 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
some of all this online babes just dont know how to tame their online appettite for credit cards. and when u dont give they just diss u.
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by slimyem: 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
Mynd_44: ^^
wetin happen?
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by Mynd44: 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
slimyem: wetin happen?
Your post dey shack me
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by bittyend(m): 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2012
shaybe baby:
She's a big girl, if i tell am say no do, it'll be like bad belle. I reckon she was grown enough to know what she was doing, besides she had fun while it lasted.

How did you know she had fun? cheesy
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by bittyend(m): 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2012
slimyem: I have had about 5 good online male friends but i've only met 3 of them..
The first one was just there...we didn't really click offline like we did online.he faded into the background after a while...
I've met the second guy thrice..he doesn't stay in the country but makes sure we see whenever he's around.calls me his sister cuz we from the same state.Cool guy-no romance.i don't like him like that and the feeling is mutual.
I met the third after three years of chatting and calling even though we were in the same city about that time.we just never thought it important to meet until three years had passed.cool guy-i like him.we clicked but lots of issues.the romance ended before it started.
Still very good friends though.he knows me almost more than i know myself!cheesy
For the two other friends,we just love the mystery.Maybe we'll meet,maybe not!time'll tell.
I haven't had any unpalatable experience with any online friend more because i'm a good judge of people and i don't just talk with anyone and everyone nor do i rush into meeting them.cheesy

So, you pick 'em in five folds. Say nomore!
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by dontador(m): 12:43am On Sep 22, 2012
I don't like meeting online girls. Some have asked for us to meet but am not interested. Anything online not my thing.
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by JallowBah(f): 12:49am On Sep 22, 2012
dontador: I don't like meeting online girls. Some have asked for us to meet but am not interested. Anything online not my thing.

Lol. You don`t see the irony in what you just wrote?

As for internet-dating; my mother met her husband online. They have been married close to 7years now.
My bestfriends mother as well, she met him playing online-games, he lived in USA, she lived in Norway. They have been married 8-9 years.
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by 190: 12:50am On Sep 22, 2012
OP Get a life and stop looking for women around on the internet

are you that awww glay grin grin grin
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by bittyend(m): 12:59am On Sep 22, 2012
190: OP Get a life and stop looking for women around on the internet

are you that awww glay grin grin grin

Rich coming from nl's fugly and dirty looking midget.

Take your pink panther tripe elsewhere, he-bytch.
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by bittyend(m): 1:00am On Sep 22, 2012
JallowBah:

As for internet-dating; my mother met her husband online. They have been married close to 7years now.
My bestfriends mother as well, she met him playing online-games, he lived in USA, she lived in Norway. They have been married 8-9 years.

You have got a gigantic back off for a white girl.

Only a chocolate mandingo specie can handle that, holla at the ice cream man.
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by slimyem: 1:29am On Sep 22, 2012
bittyend:

So, you pick 'em in five folds. Say nomore!
sharrap!!!
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by Joeblis(m): 2:00am On Sep 22, 2012
Seriously
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by JallowBah(f): 7:47am On Sep 22, 2012
bittyend:

You have got a gigantic back off for a white girl.

Only a chocolate mandingo specie can handle that, holla at the ice cream man.

Lol.

I`ll forward the message.
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by Mynd44: 7:55am On Sep 22, 2012
JallowBah:

Lol.

I`ll forward the message.
Funny
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by omotola1(m): 9:07am On Sep 22, 2012
I ve a lot of e-friends. Met two females in person, dated one (still dating till date). Hopefully, we‘ll get hitched.
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by Mynd44: 9:16am On Sep 22, 2012
omotola1: I ve a lot of e-friends. Met two females in person, dated one (still dating till date). Hopefully, we‘ll get hitched.
Lucky you
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by dontador(m): 9:31am On Sep 22, 2012
JallowBah:

That's nice... Who never can tell, things might turn around for me...
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by 190: 9:46am On Sep 22, 2012
Shymexx ure a blasted fooool

Stup1d e-diot
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by omotola1(m): 10:16am On Sep 22, 2012
Mynd_44:
Lucky you
Thanks bro.
Re: Internet Dating/romance - Share Your Experiences And Opinions About It by Mynd44: 10:20am On Sep 22, 2012
omotola1:
Thanks bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mysterious Things Nigerian Ladies Can Do To Get Married / Are You Shy And Incompetent To Talk To A Girl Whom You're Attracted To?? / Man Accidentally Shoots And Kills Girlfriend While Hugging Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.