Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

**ee - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / **ee (18568 Views)

How To Cope With A Spouse That Steals From You / Your Wife Or Your Extended Family / How To Deal With A Maid That Steals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: **ee by Ishilove: 9:30pm On Jun 19, 2013
dammytosh:

Did you post this at midnite or are u on drugs ?
I'm on drugs. Alomo bitters. You should try it wink
Re: **ee by logica(m): 11:21pm On Jun 19, 2013
riyageh: @Logica: oh I can read, and it appears better than you...The other issue is that the article clearly is based on American laws which are very different from Nigerian laws
I will TRY to keep it very short; you again proved you don't know how to read; maybe you are dyslexic. That article is NOT speaking of American law but British law. And do I need to tell you that Nigerian law derives from British law? Now it is a matter of the reliability of eHow (which by the way even included a reference; but did you see it? Of course not). Look, you have access to the Internet (which is why you are here typing gibberish); go and do your research or go to a court of law to inquire if you are so piqued.

riyageh: No where did it say it was the law, rather it said it is difficult to prove not that a wife or husband cannot steal from their spouse. Law as a noun is defined as "a binding custom or practice of a community : a rule of conduct or action prescribed or formally recognized as binding or enforced by a controlling authority"
Jesus Christ. Some mothers do have them. Right there in the article, they spoke of "Statute Law". Do you know what a statute is? Or you think if there was evidence somebody took another's property it is so difficult to prove and thereby called "theft"? What do they use as proof in the court of law? Is it not the law itself? I already sized you up accurately, that was why I brushed you off from my very first post; and I was quite correct: you are one those that like to engage in baseless arguments of no value. Please abeg I am not your teacher neither am I your lawyer. Go find a lawyer to speak to.
Re: **ee by Okijajuju1(m): 11:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
dammytosh:

How sure are you that she is not just a spoilt brat trained by people like you and she probably believes she can get away with it since her in-law appears as the prime suspect until the day she was caught red handed.

About the security you advised. I don't need it. My wallet stays on my table and some in my pocket as the case may be. I trust my household.

They won't allow me to get to the filling station without knowing that they have emptied the wallet and leave me to take bike to get another cash at the nearest atm because of some silly 'ladies men/romantic' advice on Nairaland.

still no sense to be made here:

a spoilt woman would first burn up the 50'k and then clean out his wallet.. no she didnt. prolly looks at the 50'k as rainy day money.

now lets be logical:: how much can the standard guys wallet accomodate comfortably? 50'k i guess would be a good estimate assuming its all in 1000 naira bills.. so she takes out some money from your wallet? kini big deal?

what i would have expected you to ask is; why does a mans wife feel the need to lie to her husband? even men who are married to kleptomaniacs, their wives still confide in them. my guess is that this OP probably abuses his wife.. either physically or emotionally. people only lie when they are afraid of the consequences. if the wife felt safe with the OP, then she would never ever lie or hide anything from him, not even murder.

there is a problem here and its bigger than just the act of taking money from 'her husbands' wallet without consent.

1 Like

Re: **ee by solotutu(m): 3:51am On Jun 20, 2013
babyosisi:

All you stingy men
How dare you call your wife a thief angry angry
U need to ask for forgiveness immediately

My husband was hiding his wallet and sometimes putting it under his pillow just because I was taking little chicken change from it for lunch
Nonsense !! wink
How can a woman steal from her own husband
Are we not joined in holy matrimony again?
In Igboland wives are lovingly called odoziaku which translates to mean " the one who arranges the wealth"
Your own is to bring in the money,allow me to arrange it na ,as expected
I pitied him sha one day long ago when we had no credit cards ,he came home ranting about how he was so embarrassed at the store When it was time to pay and he Opened his wallet and the cash was depleted grin tongue tongue tongue
I said ewoooo, di m oma
I am so sorry tongue tongue tongue
But did it stop me ?
Whosai cool cool
If a man has 5 $20 bills in the wallet I bought him for Christmas why can't a woman who bore him bouncing baby boys take one or two $20 as the spirit leads
I don't do it as much anymore
I now ask him first and if he says no i have no cash on me and I go to the wallet and see cash,he can't come back and claim that he had cash grin
Abi?
Love u boo wink

ahhh ahhh babyosisi! Chai if me u be couple we g dey do kung fu daily ohh..hahah..u real funny...me no go gree 4 dat 1 ohh.
If u minus 2 frm 1 e go be what 1 remainin...so stealin na stealin..one hubby didnt sanction/approve d cash to be taken..na stealin..biko..dnt do dat when u get married ohh!pls ju hear!! Helen paul needs an assistant/a new riva una u a good selction smiley
Re: **ee by lastpage: 6:23am On Jun 20, 2013
Okija_juju:

still no sense to be made here:

a spoilt woman would first burn up the 50'k and then clean out his wallet.. no she didnt. prolly looks at the 50'k as rainy day money.

now lets be logical:: how much can the standard guys wallet accomodate comfortably? 50'k i guess would be a good estimate assuming its all in 1000 naira bills.. so she takes out some money from your wallet? kini big deal?

what i would have expected you to ask is; why does a mans wife feel the need to lie to her husband? even men who are married to kleptomaniacs, their wives still confide in them. my guess is that this OP probably abuses his wife.. either physically or emotionally. people only lie when they are afraid of the consequences. if the wife felt safe with the OP, then she would never ever lie or hide anything from him, not even murder.

there is a problem here and its bigger than just the act of taking money from 'her husbands' wallet without consent.
Okija juju, l've "known" you long enough to see that YOU ARE NOW PLAYING TO THE GALLERY!

Abi Eze-Nairaland election is around the 'corner' again?

The "amount" does not matter, whether it is one million naira or just one naira.
It is the "behavior" (stealing), that is in question. That is what is bordering the Op ....and to lie and 'deflect responsibility/culpability to an innocent family member

I hope when your own child or wife "steals" five thousand naira "only", you will repeat the same phrase, "Kini Big deal"?

You are proffering very silly excuses, just to appear "politically acceptable" to the women electorates here! wink

*People who "steal" (going by the definition of stealing) do it with the sole belief that they would NOT BE CAUGHT!
Not because they are afraid of the victim.

A thief is always a thief.
It has nothing to do with the level of deprivation, otherwise, children of rich people will never steal while those of poor people will all be thieves! grin grin
I want you to go and read a Book titled: What would you NOT STEAL, if you are sure you will NEVER BE CAUGHT?
Infact, ask yourself (Okija juju) that same question. grin

This is becoming very unlike the Okija juju we know.
But then, l do understand. Even Obama has to do a volte-face, just to get re-elected, vis-a-vis his Lecture at Cairo University and the right of the palestinians.

Winks! Winks!!

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: **ee by Skipuru(m): 7:52am On Jun 20, 2013
Taa the woman is stupid how can she steal from her husband did she think making money is easy may she has been doing it in her father's house that why she can't stop it shameless women if my fiancee tries that it will be the end of our reletionship ?
Re: **ee by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 20, 2013

1 Like

Re: **ee by Michky: 10:09am On Jun 20, 2013
lastpage:
Okija juju, l've "known" you long enough to see that YOU ARE NOW PLAYING TO THE GALLERY!

Abi Eze-Nairaland election is around the 'corner' again?

The "amount" does not matter, whether it is one million naira or just one naira.
It is the "behavior" (stealing), that is in question. That is what is bordering the Op ....and to lie and 'deflect responsibility/culpability to an innocent family member

I hope when your own child or wife "steals" five thousand naira "only", you will repeat the same phrase, "Kini Big deal"?

You are proffering very silly excuses, just to appear "politically acceptable" to the women electorates here! wink

*People who "steal" (going by the definition of stealing) do it with the sole belief that they would NOT BE CAUGHT!
Not because they are afraid of the victim.

A thief is always a thief.
It has nothing to do with the level of deprivation, otherwise, children of rich people will never steal while those of poor people will all be thieves! grin grin
I want you to go and read a Book titled: What would you NOT STEAL, if you are sure you will NEVER BE CAUGHT?
Infact, ask yourself (Okija juju) that same question. grin

This is becoming very unlike the Okija juju we know.
But then, l do understand. Even Obama has to do a volte-face, just to get re-elected, vis-a-vis his Lecture at Cairo University and the right of the palestinians.

Winks! Winks!!

Lastpage!
You speak my mind. Me thinks Okija really needs female electoral endorsements. If not, why has his posts, in the past months, been very wierd. Very unlike the Okija Man we all are familiar with. Mehn, you need to see the vigor with which he argues in favor of females like his future depends on it. Atleast, i now know the ish. SMH. Anyways, best of luck to Mr Okija. It is well.

1 Like

Re: **ee by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 20, 2013
Michky: You speak my mind. Me thinks Okija really needs female electoral endorsements. If not, why has his posts, in the past months, been very wierd. Very unlike the Okija Man we all are familiar with. Mehn, you need to see the vigor with which he argues in favor of females like his future depends on it. Atleast, i now know the ish. SMH. Anyways, best of luck to Mr Okija. It is well.

He fell in love, got married and now knows how to treat a lady. . . That is what changed! wink

1 Like

Re: **ee by Okijajuju1(m): 11:16am On Jun 20, 2013
bettymafy:

He fell in love, got married and now knows how to treat a lady. . . That is what changed! wink

........ shocked shocked shocked .....

Will you marry me and be my 2nd Lolo?!?
Re: **ee by Skipuru(m): 11:18am On Jun 20, 2013
Thife na thifegrin
Re: **ee by Michky: 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2013
bettymafy:

angry
Re: **ee by Michky: 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2013
Poll: If a woman secretly takes her husband's money without his knowledge or permission, is it stealing?
Yes: 78% (82 votes)
No: 21% (23 votes)
This poll has ended

https://www.nairaland.com/42446/woman-steal-husband

Now, am wondering how come some of us here are just being different.
Re: **ee by Michky: 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2013
Found this on the web. Hope it solves this issue once and for all.

I think it depends on the circumstances...

Theft: "A person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it." S1 Theft Act 1968

However, it does not count as theft if you have the consent of the owner (in this case the husband); and your behaviour is not considered 'dishonest' if the person appropriates the property in the belief that "he would have the other's consent if the other knew of the appropriation and the circumstances of it" (s2(1)(b))

So it all boils down to this:
If the husband was/would be fine about it, no it's not stealing
If he wasn't/wouldn't be fine with it, then yeah, it's stealing

And in this particular Op's case, the wife clearly lied because she knew she wouldn't have her husband's consent. Hence, she can boldly be categorized a thief.
I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: **ee by damiso(f): 10:29pm On Jun 20, 2013
chaircover: The point that many are missing is not just the fact that money was STOLEN!! yes STOLEN!!! but the fact that someone else was being accused of the theft and the wife didnt own up, leaving someone else to take the fall.

One of the most painful things to a right thinking human is being accused of something that he/she did not do.

And who said that a husband cannnot steal from a wife a vice versa? Meanwhile on the "wife wins 17billion divorce settlement" thread, many of the men are up in arms.

Even my kids know to ask me before going into my purse? why? because I will leave home thinking that I have X amount in my purse and may get into a pickle if I need to use the money and it isnt there.

meanwhile if the posters kid steals meat from the pot I am sure the posters wife will beat that kid to stupor.

What is bad is bad! no two names. If she needs money, she should open her mouth and ask and if he doesnt give it to her, then she should maintain her integrity and find other ways of communicating that need accross to him. stealing his money when his back is turned is not the next best thing.

On fathers day in church, I saw one woman packing juice and other drinks into her car boot. She had whipped them off the tables. The get together wasn't even over. She then came to the kitchen where I was serving with plastic bowls and when my back was turned for a split second, started packing efo into the bowls. Stealing I would call it cos she didnt ask anyone and she did it sneakily whilst my back was turned. Was she hungry? I doubt it. Its just these bad bad habits that people have and grow up with that disgraces them in public and I have decided that next time she tries it, she will meet me there.

I sooooo hate when people do this.Am like pls is it not just food .In church?Same thing happened in my church on fathers day.People palming take away packs of rice and lying bare faced that they had not had one just to get another one.In the Uk where food is relatively cheap? I used to be a women leader but I kinda just jejely stepped aside cos I dont want people to make me sin against my God.I just cant stomach it.A single lady even got offended that she did not get father's day gift that was obviously meant for men I told them to give her my husband one as me and the kids kuku got him gift.Gosh. undecided
Re: **ee by lastpage: 6:41am On Jun 21, 2013
Jezzuz!
Same thing happened in me church on same fathers day!

The Devil is a liar. he she cannot ruin Father's day for us!

But what is the matter with this agressiveness about things that cost less than nothing?
Food? Pack of Juice? Can drinks?

Anyway sha, "A Rose will still smell as sweet (or worse), ..by whatever name it is called".

Make l wakka commot.

As for Okija-juju, "A man is not a man, if he loses what makes him a man --CHARACTER"!

I will retain my "Observer status" at the next election.... and may call you out on this. wink wink

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: **ee by biolabee(m): 7:30am On Jun 21, 2013
@damiso.. tell them say awoof dey run belle ooooo

@michky i like your submission

Michky: Found this on the web. Hope it solves this issue once and for all.

I think it depends on the circumstances...

Theft: "A person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it." S1 Theft Act 1968

However, it does not count as theft if you have the consent of the owner (in this case the husband); and your behaviour is not considered 'dishonest' if the person appropriates the property in the belief that "he would have the other's consent if the other knew of the appropriation and the circumstances of it" (s2(1)(b))

So it all boils down to this:
If the husband was/would be fine about it, no it's not stealing
If he wasn't/wouldn't be fine with it, then yeah, it's stealing

And in this particular Op's case, the wife clearly lied because she knew she wouldn't have her husband's consent. Hence, she can boldly be categorized a thief.
I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: **ee by Michky: 10:19am On Jun 21, 2013
biolabee:
@michky i like your submission

Thanks mehn. cool

1 Like

Re: **ee by badoist(m): 11:00am On Jun 28, 2013
So this thread finally made FP, its been a while, feels good to be back

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sure Home Marriage Seminar On Zoom: A Focus On Money / Is Marriage An Achievement? / Ten (10) Ways That Helps To Uphold Dignity In The Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.