Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,444 members, 7,823,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

**ee - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / **ee (18565 Views)

How To Cope With A Spouse That Steals From You / Your Wife Or Your Extended Family / How To Deal With A Maid That Steals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: **ee by shoboy9: 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
Firstly, does your wife have any self respect? Is she lazy?If she's the kind of person that does not appreciate "diginity of labour" and prefers handouts, then you're very likely to find more grief in life. For one thing, if she cannot withold gratification long enough to ask you, then she might equally find it difficult to withold gratification elsewhere and you know what i mean.

Second, when she does this, what do you expect your kids to do? Of course, they'll start with taking things without your permission and in due time, anybody's permission. When it happens, screaming at them won't solve anything. They'll just add hypocrisy to the list of your(parent's) sins.

But then, i hope you're not dipping into the company account when you need to. wink

3 Likes

Re: **ee by searay(m): 6:51pm On Jun 18, 2013
FunkyR: As a Man u shld be ashamed of yourself. It obvious u are not taking care of her well. Because if u are she wont be stealing from u. Kmt
sharaaaaaaaaap! A theif is a theif no matter how rich he or she is. If I'm lying look around your Governor's lodge or Aso rock, you will see them.
Re: **ee by kukus01(m): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2013
babyosisi:

All you stingy men
How dare you call your wife a thief angry angry
U need to ask for forgiveness immediately

My husband was hiding his wallet and sometimes putting it under his pillow just because I was taking little chicken change from it for lunch
Nonsense !! wink
How can a woman steal from her own husband
Are we not joined in holy matrimony again?
In Igboland wives are lovingly called odoziaku which translates to mean " the one who arranges the wealth"
Your own is to bring in the money,allow me to arrange it na ,as expected
I pitied him sha one day long ago when we had no credit cards ,he came home ranting about how he was so embarrassed at the store When it was time to pay and he Opened his wallet and the cash was depleted grin tongue tongue tongue
I said ewoooo, di m oma
I am so sorry tongue tongue tongue
But did it stop me ?
Whosai cool cool
If a man has 5 $20 bills in the wallet I bought him for Christmas why can't a woman who bore him bouncing baby boys take one or two $20 as the spirit leads
I don't do it as much anymore
I now ask him first and if he says no i have no cash on me and I go to the wallet and see cash,he can't come back and claim that he had cash grin
Abi?
Love u boo wink

thief!!!!
Re: **ee by kunle4toyeyaho: 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2013
Op how could u let your wife b ridiculed like dis,d only thing she did dt was wrong was not owning up when u asked of d money,u should stop callin her a thief.

1 Like

Re: **ee by logica(m): 7:22pm On Jun 18, 2013
riyageh:

I fail to see the need for your aggressive response, I asked because I wanted to know if there was such a law tryly and you sounded very confident with your comment but your response indicates that you are not certain. What you are doing is coming to a conclusion based on your opinion and certain facts. I looked at the article you quoted it does not say a spouse cannot steal from their partner, it depends on the circumstance. This is a forum where people discuss and exchange ideas, it seems too many cannot without being rude.
Firstly, you framed your question as a challenge. Secondly, you didn't need to ask me; you could have gone ahead to check yourself after all you have Internet access.

Lastly, even from the article (link) I put up, it is clearly stated that it is difficult to prove that your spouse stole from you because there is something called "community use" within a marriage. The circumstances where it can be claimed there was indeed theft were clearly tied to when the supposed crime occurred: before, during or after a separation/divorce. Or in a case where you had already agreed to certain property belonging exclusively to the other party (you will probably need an agreement letter or the like).

Meaning if this "theft" allegedly occurred during the marriage, you can forget about it. (If it occurred before or after the marriage, then of course you were not yet/no longer spouses anyway). I cannot read for you. Do it yourself.
Re: **ee by kukus01(m): 7:26pm On Jun 18, 2013
sunkoye: your wife cant steal your money na, she took it!..... op...trust me, u are nt matured enof for marriage. gba!
she took money and another person is been accused of stealing and she kept quiet? men!!! female thiefs full nairaland oooo i doubt if you are married sef? smh
Re: **ee by gohamburg(f): 7:29pm On Jun 18, 2013
babyosisi:

All you stingy men
How dare you call your wife a thief angry angry
U need to ask for forgiveness immediately

My husband was hiding his wallet and sometimes putting it under his pillow just because I was taking little chicken change from it for lunch
Nonsense !! wink
How can a woman steal from her own husband
Are we not joined in holy matrimony again?
In Igboland wives are lovingly called odoziaku which translates to mean " the one who arranges the wealth"
Your own is to bring in the money,allow me to arrange it na ,as expected
I pitied him sha one day long ago when we had no credit cards ,he came home ranting about how he was so embarrassed at the store When it was time to pay and he Opened his wallet and the cash was depleted grin tongue tongue tongue
I said ewoooo, di m oma
I am so sorry tongue tongue tongue
But did it stop me ?
Whosai cool cool
If a man has 5 $20 bills in the wallet I bought him for Christmas why can't a woman who bore him bouncing baby boys take one or two $20 as the spirit leads
I don't do it as much anymore
I now ask him first and if he says no i have no cash on me and I go to the wallet and see cash,he can't come back and claim that he had cash grin
Abi?
Love u boo wink

I feel u dear...u said it all.I call it sharing.Hubby is welcomed to share from my own wallet too.

1 Like

Re: **ee by Ishilove: 7:30pm On Jun 18, 2013
Fhemmmy:

OK, but you wont steal the money that is yours and his, would you?
Of course not! I can't steal what is mine, can I? I am simply taking what is mine so he shouldn't complain cheesy
Re: **ee by Ishilove: 7:32pm On Jun 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Most women here are preaching that in Marriage everything becomes shared

So his money becomes your money and your money becomes his money
Ko jo, mehn. grin
Re: **ee by logica(m): 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
gohamburg:

I feel u dear...u said it all.I call it sharing.Hubby is welcomed to share from my own wallet too.
LOL. Because your wallet is empty abi? OK na...
Re: **ee by armyofone(m): 7:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
I hope you are not Alaroro. Grilled her? Laughing so damn hard. Is she now a pig ribs to be grilled? or Chicken?
Please stop grilling her and be happy she is spending your money.
Ewooo, grill me for taking your chicken change or atm card? Which century are you from? Please free the woman and don't pinch or grill her for kobo change from the 50grand.
The good book says Blessed are those who give/allow wifey to take (the meek) for they shall inherit the earth (wealth).

hectortex: I have got this little problem. Am a cash person, i carry much cash around more than i might need at a time.
At first i blamed my sister for the shortages i encounter because she used to do that way before i got married until she swore to me she dosent have access to my money with my wife around. my wife has also been privy to my decision to cut her allowances on several occassions cos of this same issue. until this morning, i discovered yet another shortage and due to a mild fever last nite, i was practically in our room the whole nite. so there was no question of anybody else taking anything in my absence. Ok i was very mad so i grilled her and threatened to make things difficult if i didnt get the money all the while hoping i was wrong about her.
this evening she opened up on how she did it and has been doing it for a while.
my problem is not like she hasnt got money, i make sure of that. she got access to about 50grand right inside our room but couldnt take her hands off my wallet.
i dont know how to handle this; am thinking of pulling a plug on all her allowances except the very basic ones and keeping my wallet far above her reach. I just dont know if its a right move.
If you were in my shoes,what would you do??

N.B: mod please i would want this to remain here in the family section
Re: **ee by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
The ladies are right, totally right!
That's why a man should have two wallets,
One for him and his wife,
And one that wholly belongs to the wife, but kept by him for her, out of her reach.

On a more serious note, every man should set aside that element of you income that will make you the superman your family expects.
The wifey wants a superman who never notices when his wallet has been touched by painted nails.
Only way to achieve that is to double your wallet allowance! You cannot do that if you have no superman allowance!
Stop getting annoyed, just budget for them!
Re: **ee by biafranqueen: 8:09pm On Jun 18, 2013
First off as a women that takes money from her husbands wallet [/b]and before you say I don't work my check is directly deposited into our business account which he promptly transfers half into
his personal account with my blessings because he knows how to save money well well!

If someone in the house is blamed for what I am doing I will of course stand up and say Nna it was me oo quick quick! That was really wrong to continue to let the little sister be blamed!

2nd the reason I take money out of his wallet since I started working is when I am going to the market to buy something special for him food cosmetics etc;

3rd When I was at home for 8 years with our children and he was giving me allowance I would take money out of his wallet because he is very tight with money and would always
[b]RAISE HIS EYEBROW
When I would buy new clothes because he feels I just don't need another pair of shoes or bags or the children have too many clothes. (Which is true) I use house allowance for food stuffs and household items and his wallet money for extra's.

I could easily ask him for money but I would have to plead my case on why shopping is a therapy and makes me happy. I would always own up to taking the money or just laugh and give him a
big kiss. OP of course the 50k is off limit to use for massage or new hairstyle that is business or emergency money and she knows that! Don't forget how you were dating her and every time you give her money for her hair nails and clothes.
Re: **ee by biafranqueen: 8:11pm On Jun 18, 2013
Well said smileyThis is my husbands tactic and especially good for people like me that can't seem to hold on to money for long
KenGali: The ladies are right, totally right!
That's why a man should have two wallets,
One for him and his wife,
And one that wholly belongs to the wife, but kept by him for her, out of her reach.

On a more serious note, every man should set aside that element of you income that will make you the superman your family expects.
The wifey wants a superman who never notices when his wallet has been touched by painted nails.
Only way to achieve that is to double your wallet allowance! You cannot do that if you have no superman allowance!
Stop getting annoyed, just budget for them!
Re: **ee by biafranqueen: 8:12pm On Jun 18, 2013
LMAO
logica: LOL. Because your wallet is empty abi? OK na...
Re: **ee by touchmeder: 8:24pm On Jun 18, 2013
hectortex: Its been interesting reading all the comments here. But then I might need to clarify some things;
I am not stingy in any ramification of the word
I am not tough on money issues, I am a spendthrift so I absolutely understand when someone is a lil extravagant with allowances.
My wife is not a housewife cos she aint done with school yet. she s on IT.
And when I said there was money in the house, I mean money she had complete access to spend as she deems fit.

What I do not understand is the lie; not accepting that she took it when she knew very well I would take her word for it and beam my searchlights elsewhere.
I just do not understand the purpose and its obvious no one here knows. so I guess I would just have to ask her.

thats it.only her can say why @ the end of the day. nairaland can only speculate and give you ideas from a woman's perspective
Re: **ee by dammytosh: 8:59pm On Jun 18, 2013
kunle4toye@yaho:
Op how could u let your wife b ridiculed like dis,d only thing she did dt was wrong was not owning up when u asked of d money,u should stop callin her a thief.

That is where the stealing comes in that many posters here including you do not seem to understand.

She took the cash, lied about it, never owned up until all evidence pointed to her and she could not lie again.

I am surprised by the way a lot of posters here are seeing the whole issue. This goes beyond can my wife take money in my wallet without permission.

It is a case of my wife took it without my consent, she did not inform me after then, when i was looking for it, she denied it and we jointly accuse my sister of stealing. This is totally unacceptable.

Same rubbish most guys permit in their so called relationship. A girl confessed to cheating ONLY after being caught red handed and you go ahead saying, at least "she owned up"

I pity the rate of marriage crash that the next generation will witness if the so called guys can not stand up and correct their own house hold and stop it from being in disarray.

1 Like

Re: **ee by amanda2013(f): 9:03pm On Jun 18, 2013
wao some ladies are jst funi! Y my problem is nt that she use to take her husband's money its allowed bt atleast to a reasonable extent. You dnt ova do it so he wuldnt end up being embarrased at the fuel station. Bt y allow her innocent husband's sister to take the blame. To me thats wickedness.
Re: **ee by dnawah(m): 9:11pm On Jun 18, 2013
Tag ur money, with phrases lik:ask u shall be given.thou shall not steal.stealing is a sin.i lov u but y na?mine is urs,tak it but let m no.which of ur parents u resemble?was any of ur relation once a pick pocket?and mak sure u pray 4 her too grin
Re: **ee by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
The word stealing doesn't exist in the marital vocabulary
Re: **ee by jmoore(m): 9:17pm On Jun 18, 2013
babyosisi: I will take it and I will make heaven
My name is already dia in the lambs book of life
Nothing you people say hia will delete it cheesy

babyosisi: The word stealing doesn't exist in the marital vocabulary

@op, is she your wife?

hectortex: N.B: mod please i would want this to remain here in the family section
These moderators can't you respect one's request. He doesn't want it on the frontpage.
Re: **ee by coded65(m): 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2013
I laugh tire. Now I have enough reasons not to harass my wife again over missing coins on the table. Didnt know its a generic ( caccophonic and debilitating) disease for women.
Re: **ee by grandstar(m): 9:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
the issue is getting clearer. since your wife is doing her it she is still young and impressionable! since you are a spendthrift, it is probably rubbing off on her. patience and a good job can work wonders. also women like being indulged.
Re: **ee by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2013
babyosisi do you take Okonkwo as your lawfuly wedded husband ,to have and to hold ( as in having and holding his dollars )

I do. wink

For better for us

I do wink

For richer for hummer

I do wink

So help me God !!

1 Like

Re: **ee by sam90s(m): 10:18pm On Jun 18, 2013
Na ya wife be that bro, can't call it stealing, you may just console ya sef by increasing the amount of time you log-in with the manic stick, funny thing is she might even enjoy it sef! Whichever way you're toast.
Re: **ee by Okijajuju1(m): 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
babyosisi: The word stealing doesn't exist in the marital vocabulary

Babyosisi... Why didn't you just wait for me? cry

I had plans for us.. I would have stored your name with "You must chop my money" ringtone.. cry

Why.... Why...

***Grabs rope, ties it around my waist and threatens to commit suicide if Babyosisi does not agree to be my second wife and Lolo*** cry

1 Like

Re: **ee by Michky: 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
dammytosh:

That is where the stealing comes in that many posters here including you do not seem to understand.

She took the cash, lied about it, never owned up until all evidence pointed to her and she could not lie again.

I am surprised by the way a lot of posters here are seeing the whole issue. This goes beyond can my wife take money in my wallet without permission.

It is a case of my wife took it without my consent, she did not inform me after then, when i was looking for it, she denied it and we jointly accuse my sister of stealing. This is totally unacceptable.

Same rubbish most guys permit in their so called relationship. A girl confessed to cheating ONLY after being caught red handed and you go ahead saying, at least "she owned up"

I pity the rate of marriage crash that the next generation will witness if the so called guys can not stand up and correct their own house hold and stop it from being in disarray.
Fantastic! Well said. Dont mind many of those scarcely maritally experienced lovebirds. Funny when most of them speak like real authorities regarding marriage matters. A lot of them will certainly endup with failed marraiges if the continue with this mentality of theirs. Btw, many of them can even decifer what theft really means. I just dey tire for nairaland girls attimes. Honestly. Thank God for the few good ones.
Re: **ee by Ishilove: 10:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
hectortex: Dfew
Which one is Dfew?

Dfew ko, Bird flu ni.

Is too late ni, asiri e titu. You can't edit your post because the original post has been quoted over and over again, so if we need to catch up, all we have to do is scroll down and read people's comments. Dazall!# grin
Re: **ee by ifihearam: 10:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
sunkoye: your wife cant steal your money na, she took it!..... op...trust me, u are nt matured enof for marriage. gba!

Says Who
Re: **ee by Okijajuju1(m): 10:59pm On Jun 18, 2013
Michky: Fantastic! Well said. Dont mind many of those scarcely maritally experienced lovebirds. Funny when most of them speak like real authorities regarding marriage matters. A lot of them will certainly endup with failed marraiges if the continue with this mentality of theirs. Btw, many of them can even decifer what theft really means. I just dey tire for nairaland girls attimes. Honestly. Thank God for the few good ones.

Okay!

Here's the solution..

OP.. buy a steel safe:: I recommend the maksym yemelyanov..

Put it in your bedroom and lock it away with a combination of fingerprint lock, retina scan lock, number lock and password.. angry

If you could call your wife a thief for taking change money out of your wallet (that I'm sure cant buy her a good shoe sef), then in the future when you start making millions and need to be carrying your money in a suitcase/Ghana must go bag, na armed robber you go call her.. angry

I can't believe this ridiculousness I see here. Marriage is all about sharing..

1 Like

Re: **ee by armyofone(m): 11:27pm On Jun 18, 2013
lol, grin grin the way niaja guy dey treat their wifey na another level. Imagine your own wife a thief eyaaa I sorry for the wife.
na only small tori him tell us o by the way. maybe money hard for the poor woman self.

Ishilove:
Which one is Dfew?

Dfew ko, Bird flu ni.

Is too late ni, asiri e titu. You can't edit your post because the original post has been quoted over and over again, so if we need to atch up, all we have to do is scroll down and read people's comments. Dazall!# grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sure Home Marriage Seminar On Zoom: A Focus On Money / Is Marriage An Achievement? / Ten (10) Ways That Helps To Uphold Dignity In The Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.