Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,572 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

**ee - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / **ee (18567 Views)

How To Cope With A Spouse That Steals From You / Your Wife Or Your Extended Family / How To Deal With A Maid That Steals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: **ee by ayando(m): 11:33am On Jun 18, 2013
Is so sad some ladies found this act to be sweet. Fine! Is understandable you ladies want to enjoy anything your man has but you won't accept the same treatment.That is bad. @ poster, You need to tell her that the problem isn't in taking the money rather not telling you and denying it. it sucks big time.
Re: **ee by Fimmy(m): 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2013
A wife can't steal from her husband
When you guys got married,you become one.its no big deal.
Just put more money in your wallet.
Is she doesn't take money from you?who else will she take money from?

3 Likes

Re: **ee by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2013
YOU MARRIED LAWRENCE ANINI

1 Like

Re: **ee by logica(m): 3:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
I have to break this to you: unfortunately, your spouse cannot steal from you. That IS the law.

1 Like

Re: **ee by JadeWilliam(f): 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2013
babyosisi:

All you stingy men
How dare you call your wife a thief angry angry
U need to ask for forgiveness immediately

My husband was hiding his wallet and sometimes putting it under his pillow just because I was taking little chicken change from it for lunch
Nonsense !! wink
How can a woman steal from her own husband
Are we not joined in holy matrimony again?
In Igboland wives are lovingly called odoziaku which translates to mean " the one who arranges the wealth"
Your own is to bring in the money,allow me to arrange it na ,as expected
I pitied him sha one day long ago when we had no credit cards ,he came home ranting about how he was so embarrassed at the store When it was time to pay and he Opened his wallet and the cash was depleted grin tongue tongue tongue
I said ewoooo, di m oma
I am so sorry tongue tongue tongue
But did it stop me ?
Whosai cool cool
If a man has 5 $20 bills in the wallet I bought him for Christmas why can't a woman who bore him bouncing baby boys take one or two $20 as the spirit leads
I don't do it as much anymore
I now ask him first and if he says no i have no cash on me and I go to the wallet and see cash,he can't come back and claim that he had cash grin
Abi?
Love u boo wink

U are right on point my dear.Stingy African husbands.We suffer 2get pregnant, carry d baby 4 9mths, go thru disastrous labour & then nurse d baby,stayin awake al nyt&they mak a fuss abt chicken change taken frm their wallets.

2 Likes

Re: **ee by JadeWilliam(f): 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2013
slimyem: What does she use the extra money for?
Maybe you are not giving her enough and she feels she deserves more..undecided
Sh's saving money 2buy pruvian&malasian hair now.If sh ask u for $1500 to buy them, won't u tel her its a waste of ur hardearned money? Abeggi joor.Sit her down&ask her what&what sh wishes 2hav then u'l understand
Re: **ee by adexsimply(m): 3:20pm On Jun 18, 2013
She is a Kleptomaniac..You can either take her to Yaba-left or T.B J*****
Re: **ee by extraflyfineboy(m): 3:21pm On Jun 18, 2013
jennykadry:

Child and parent.....,husband and wife are two different scenarios. I don't get the logic behind you comparing these two.

Also, can you please type in full English. People like me struggle to read your post

THE QUESTION IS HOW MUCH SHE TAKES BECAUSE IF ITS LITTLE MONEY THEN ITS NO STEALING ABI? BUT U MAY COSIDER HAVING A CHAT WITH HER. ]
I HAVE SIMILAR STORIES LIKE THIS HERE http://umehoma..com
Re: **ee by dulphines: 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2013
Consult your pastor or reverend. Na we join una together?
Re: **ee by JadeWilliam(f): 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
hectortex: I have got this little problem. Am a cash person, i carry much cash around more than i might need at a time.
At first i blamed my sister for the shortages i encounter because she used to do that way before i got married until she swore to me she dosent have access to my money with my wife around. my wife has also been privy to my decision to cut her allowances on several occassions cos of this same issue. until this morning, i discovered yet another shortage and due to a mild fever last nite, i was practically in our room the whole nite. so there was no question of anybody else taking anything in my absence. Ok i was very mad so i grilled her and threatened to make things difficult if i didnt get the money all the while hoping i was wrong about her.
this evening she opened up on how she did it and has been doing it for a while.
my problem is not like she hasnt got money, i make sure of that. she got access to about 50grand right inside our room but couldnt take her hands off my wallet.
i dont know how to handle this; am thinking of pulling a plug on all her allowances except the very basic ones and keeping my wallet far above her reach. I just dont know if its a right move.
If you were in my shoes,what would you do??

N.B: mod please i would want this to remain here in the family section
When a woman goes to ur wallet, sh's not only looking for money. Sh's looking for condom, complementary card ofvan estranged woman or phone no, written&stashed away in d wallet so in d process, sh sees cash&decides 2tak som 2send 2her folks or to do woteva
Re: **ee by JadeWilliam(f): 3:24pm On Jun 18, 2013
hectortex: I have got this little problem. Am a cash person, i carry much cash around more than i might need at a time.
At first i blamed my sister for the shortages i encounter because she used to do that way before i got married until she swore to me she dosent have access to my money with my wife around. my wife has also been privy to my decision to cut her allowances on several occassions cos of this same issue. until this morning, i discovered yet another shortage and due to a mild fever last nite, i was practically in our room the whole nite. so there was no question of anybody else taking anything in my absence. Ok i was very mad so i grilled her and threatened to make things difficult if i didnt get the money all the while hoping i was wrong about her.
my problem is not like she hasnt got money, i make sure of that. she got access to about 50grand right inside our room but couldnt take her hands off my wallet.
i dont know how to handle this; am thinking of pulling a plug on all her allowances except the very basic ones and keeping my wallet far above her reach. I just dont know if its a right move.

When a woman goes to ur wallet, sh's not only looking for money. Sh's looking for condom, complementary card of an enstranged woman sh doesn't knw or phone no, written&stashed away in d wallet so in d process, sh sees cash&decides 2tak som 2send 2her folks or to do woteva
Re: **ee by CyberG: 3:27pm On Jun 18, 2013
This is why people should be careful, pray and hope they don't marry a thief-wife into the house! Goodness me! While it is bad to marry a "really stingy" man, there is no excuse for taking his money without letting him know! While these people led by babaOsisi is stealing money on the alter of being married, some men have to 'beg' the woman to take more money - practically glad handling the money to wifey who does not even demand and not that she's actually richer! Pray what won't a man do for a real wife who, at the beginning, virtually carries all her money and gives it to the man!? This is how a real wife should treat a real husband! wink wink This is what will make such a man (reasonable God-fearing man) to determine in his mind that he will give anything to his wife! But she won't even ask or demand for it! Babaosisi, no one cares if you are odoziaku angry angry in iboland, stop stealing your husband's money, especially if he does not approve of it! A Lawrence Anini, madam-carry-go of a wife is a huge burden on a hard working man! Haba!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: **ee by Egbagirl(f): 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2013
It's not stealing? Ok. How about respecting your partner and your partner's property and personal stuff? At least let you partner know especially if you want to use the"we are one" argument. If you are one, then your partner should be informed of your decision to the money from his/her wallet.
Re: **ee by Egbagirl(f): 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2013
Btw, thought the OP asked the mod to keep this in the fam section. Why is it on the front page?
Re: **ee by Fhemmmy: 3:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
Egba girl: It's not stealing? Ok. How about respecting your partner and your partner's property and personal stuff? At least let you partner know especially if you want to use the"we are one" argument. If you are one, then your partner should be informed of your decision to the money from his/her wallet.

Nice one, she could at least leave a note where the money was that read "I have taken some" no need to look for it and sign the note with a nice kiss.
Re: **ee by Tinkinguy(m): 3:37pm On Jun 18, 2013
@ Poster,
This thing happens in almost all homes, most women will still continue to do it till tomorrow, so you need to devise a way to deal with it. That said............... I have a serious problem with the word you attributed to your wife. Using Stealing is most degrading for someone of your second half irrespective of what she has done.

I can relate with you been angry, if you said she’s not coming up when asked about it, but if she said she is the one, it is what is it, yours and hers as well.

Bros, this woman is your wife not girl friend nor your junior sister, so treat her with some respect for your own good.

You can place your wallet far above her reach as you suggested and that's one way to deal with it
Re: **ee by Richy4(m): 3:37pm On Jun 18, 2013
So She took money out of the bag because of the love she had for you and you are complaining. If she does not take from you, who do you think she will take from,your best friend? I will advise you to go to the people that have married for long,let them inform you on what marriage is all about. you guys are no longer dating. she is your wife. you forgot the vow you made, what ever she has is yours and what ever you have is hers. you think it was a joke when you were saying it or are you in Abuja Marriage
Re: **ee by Egbagirl(f): 3:38pm On Jun 18, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Nice one, she could at least leave a note where the money was that read "I have taken some" no need to look for it and sign the note with a nice kiss.

Lol at signing the note with a kiss... True that though.
Re: **ee by Fhemmmy: 3:39pm On Jun 18, 2013
Egba girl:

Lol at signing the note with a kiss... True that though.

Yes oh, cos the kiss signature will make the mind belle kool down.
Re: **ee by Egbagirl(f): 3:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
Richy.:
So She took money out of the bag because of the love she had for you and you are complaining. If she does not take from you, who do you think she will take from,your best friend? I will advise you to go to the people that have married for for long,let them inform you on what marriage is all about. you guys are no longer dating. she is your wife. you forgot the vow you made, what ever she has is yours and what ever you have is hers. you think it was a joke when you were saying it or are you in Abuja Marriage

But the guy said that she had access to money in the house already. She had 50 000 at her disposal but decided to take from the wallet and even worse deny taking from the wallet. That's deceit and dishonesty. What would have been the big deal if she had accepted that she took the money? Why she dey fear?
Re: **ee by Egbagirl(f): 3:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Yes oh, cos the kiss signature will make the mind belle kool down.

Hahahaha I feel you jare egbon mi.
Re: **ee by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2013

Your wife is simply suffering from a rare case of plenoxia which is a condition where someone has the insatiable desire to have what
rightfully belongs to others.

If it makes you feel any better, president Putin of Russia suffers from thesame disease (you might wanna google it). You should be happy your wife shares the same disease with one of the most powerful and famous men in the world.
Re: **ee by babaijesha: 3:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
1. Don't cut your wife allowances.
2. Ensure you don't keep unnecessary cash around you in the house. It is wrong for you to keep cash in the house when you have a wife that wont take her hands off your wallet.
3. Know your spouse and try to manage her inadequacies.
4. Leave some cash around so she wont notice the change in action.
5. If there is need to hold extra cash, place it in a conspicuous place in the room and inform her that you put N50k on the table. The money is to cater for XYZ .....
Re: **ee by dayokanu(m): 3:47pm On Jun 18, 2013
For those justifying it, If the husband leaves home goes to buy fuel and checks his wallet to see the money isnt complete.

Would that also be part of love?

Taking what belongs to something else is stealing.

Ok Assuming the husband packs the wifes money and jewelries to go sell without her Knowledge can we also say thats showing love?
Re: **ee by Richy4(m): 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
Egba girl:

But the guy said that she had access to money in the house already. She had 50 000 at her disposal but decided to take from the wallet and even worse deny taking from the wallet. That's deceit and dishonesty. What would have been the big deal if she had accepted that she took the money? Why she dey fear?

It is love. she was satisfying the fantasy she had or inherited from her parent or elderly sisters or cousins. of taking from her own husband. he might not like it now, but he will get used it one day. he should be proud that she owned something that a wife could take.
Re: **ee by biolabee(m): 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2013
CyberG: This is why people should be careful, pray and hope they don't marry a thief-wife into the house!

shuo.. which one be thief wife again oo... grin grin
Re: **ee by dayokanu(m): 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2013
Richy.:

It is love. she was satisfying the fantasy she had or inherited from her parent or elderly sisters or cousins. of taking from her own husband. he might not like it now, but he will get used it one day. u should be proud that she owned something that a wife could take.

If this husband packs her gold and jewelries one day to go and sell is it also love since they are one and the same now?
Re: **ee by logica(m): 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
dayokanu: For those justifying it, If the husband leaves home goes to buy fuel and checks his wallet to see the money isnt complete.

Would that also be part of love?

Taking what belongs to something else is stealing.

Ok Assuming the husband packs the wifes money and jewelries to go sell without her Knowledge can we also say thats showing love?
Lol. Dayo, it is an inconvenience, but it is not stealing. According to the law, you cannot steal from your spouse. What does that tell you? I don't know what it tells you, but what it tells me is, I should be very careful who I make my wife.
Re: **ee by dayokanu(m): 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2013
logica: Lol. Dayo, it is an inconvenience, but it is not stealing. According to the law, you cannot steal from your spouse. What does that tell you? I don't know what it tells you, but what it tells me is, I should be very careful who I make my wife.

You know fuel bought is not returnable, and he might even get embarrased for trying to play a fast one.

So are you also free to pack your wifes jewelry and go sell it, your wife come home pack the TV and go sell, while you carry her car and go sell?
Re: **ee by riyageh(f): 4:02pm On Jun 18, 2013
logica: I have to break this to you: unfortunately, your spouse cannot steal from you. That IS the law.

Please what law states your spouse cannot steal from you?
Re: **ee by victorD3: 4:04pm On Jun 18, 2013

You married a thief my brother and trust me she will steal more if she has access to your bank accounts
Re: **ee by logica(m): 4:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
riyageh:

Please what law states your spouse cannot steal from you?
Please go read the statutes. You think everybody here speaks out of ignorance? This is experience speaking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sure Home Marriage Seminar On Zoom: A Focus On Money / Is Marriage An Achievement? / Ten (10) Ways That Helps To Uphold Dignity In The Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.