Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,754 members, 7,831,416 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

**ee - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / **ee (18582 Views)

How To Cope With A Spouse That Steals From You / Your Wife Or Your Extended Family / How To Deal With A Maid That Steals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: **ee by Gertynk: 4:48pm On Jun 18, 2013
Fimmy: A wife can't steal from her husband
When you guys got married,you become one.its no big deal.
Just put more money in your wallet.
Is she doesn't take money from you?who else will she take money from?
lol u are so on point; i was expecting some one to say this all this while

1 Like

Re: **ee by dammytosh: 4:49pm On Jun 18, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Generous?! NO!! I cant be generous to myself. If this OP saw his wife as part of him, then this would not ba an issue. Leave the kids out of this (no time to cheap sentiments here).. His wallet is her wallet. If 50'k is his gross, then he needs to go and up his hussle because thats beer paalour money (no apologies).

I am also married.. My wife has full access to my money. I can get a random alert and I will simply call and enquire if she just made a transaction on my account. She ofcourse wuld tell me why and I'm happy she isnt a reckless spender. This is because I am financially open with my wife. Do you realize that you only steal that which you cant get. If his wife steals his money, then that means she cant get his money.

Uncontrollably?! If he is open with her and she knows his financial standing and dealings, I doubt she would take his money recklessly.. Except he married a triffling hoe which themn means, this post is not for him.

The dude should go and be open with his wife. If his wife is stealing from him, then he has fuuucccked up! Marriage is not for kids hommie! [/b]

It has nothing to do with hustling and the issue should not be mixed up. That your wife have access to all your cash and she did not mess up only shows how lucky you are.

Give some ladies access to the same fund for 2months and you will go bankrupt.

My anger is the fact that this has been happening in the house and the husband has been accusing his younger sister. I imagine hubby discussing with her and she will be like "I don't trust that girl too"

It took all evidence to point to her before she confessed (THIS IS A CASE OF PURE STEALING [no apologies 2]).

If my wife spends my money and inform me, "hun i have taken all the money from your wallet, get cash on your way out if u need 2" , only a mad man will be angry at this level of maturity. But if i have to get to where i need to buy fuel in my car before i know my money is gone, and it took me bringing Amadioha to the scene before u confess, YOU ARE A THIEF and we need to work on that character before u steal from another friend's wallet

3 Likes

Re: **ee by dammytosh: 4:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
dammytosh:

It has nothing to do with hustling and the issue should not be mixed up. That your wife have access to all your cash and she did not mess up only shows how lucky you are.

My anger is the fact that this has been happening in the house and the husband has been accusing his younger sister. I imagine hubby discussing with her and she will be like "I don't trust that girl too"

It took all evidence to point to her before she confessed (THIS IS A CASE OF PURE STEALING [no apologies 2]).

If my wife spends my money and inform me, "hun i have taken all the money from your wallet, get cash on your way out if u need 2" , only a mad man will be angry at this level of maturity. But if i have to get to where i need to buy fuel in my car before i know my money is gone, and it took me bringing Amadioha to the scene before u confess, YOU ARE A THIEF and we need to work on that character before u steal from another friend's wallet
Re: **ee by adexsimply(m): 4:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
Okija_juju:

You shock abi!! grin

My white na next month!!

Trad since January..

grin

YUP!!
grin grin
Shocked is an understatement
Anyway..Congrat smiley smiley smiley wink wink
Re: **ee by Fhemmmy: 4:53pm On Jun 18, 2013
dammytosh:

If my wife spends my money and inform me, i have taken all the money from your wallet, get cash on your way out, only a mad man will be angry at this level of maturity. But if i have to get to where i need to buy fuel in my car before i know my money is gone, and it took me bringing Amadioha to the scene before u confess, YOU ARE A THIEF and we need to work on that character before u steal from another friend's wallet

I so much love your post, but it is her money as well . . . But i agree with you on the fact that it is nice to know, cos of emergency . . . Imagine taking same wife to the hospital and you think you have money in your wallet cos you let money there, and only for the money needed to save her life has been "Taken" by her, yes you could go and get another, but there is only few seconds between life and death but if she has told you, you could have stop to take some cash on your way to the clinic to make sure all is well.

1 Like

Re: **ee by Ishilove: 4:53pm On Jun 18, 2013
His money is my money, my money remains my money grin

2 Likes

Re: **ee by adexsimply(m): 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2013
Ishilove: His money is my money, my money remains my money grin
lol..that's unfair o cheesy cheesy
Re: **ee by dayokanu(m): 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I so much love your post, but it is her money as well . . . But i agree with you on the fact that it is nice to know, cos of emergency . . . Imagine taking same wife to the hospital and you think you have money in your wallet cos you let money there, and only for the money needed to save her life has been "Taken" by her, yes you could go and get another, but there is only few seconds between life and death but if she has told you, you could have stop to take some cash on your way to the clinic to make sure all is well.

Or you enter Eatery order food well chop belleful time to pay Money don vanish.

Would anyone allow you to go to the ATM there? maybe they would ask you to drop your car as security before leaving.

Or come wash plates just because you have a thief at home
Re: **ee by Fhemmmy: 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2013

OK, but you wont steal the money that is yours and his, would you?
Re: **ee by Fhemmmy: 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Or you enter Eatery order food well chop belleful time to pay Money don vanish.

Would anyone allow you to go to the ATM there? maybe they would ask you to drop your car as security before leaving.

Or come wash plates just because you have a thief at home

very good one, so to avoid such embarrassment, better for the woman to just let the man know she has took the money.
Re: **ee by dayokanu(m): 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2013

Most women here are preaching that in Marriage everything becomes shared

So his money becomes your money and your money becomes his money
Re: **ee by dayokanu(m): 4:57pm On Jun 18, 2013
m.esther96:
yam wey no fit contain my parents 4 a week

kids wey go cary his father's name

compare n contrast

No be wetin your parents ask for be that? If you go Honda place and they say Accord na 2million would you offer to pay 20m because you intend to use the car to generate 100m?

1 Like

Re: **ee by Michky: 4:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
hectortex: @babyosisi

nice way you put it. i have never been addressed as stingy. and if you had read my post very well, you would ve seen where i mentioned having enough money in the house that os within her reach.
what am trying to understand is why shes doing it ; obviously not of lack of of it
You wanna know why she steals cash from your wallet despite the excess available cash right? Ok, listen carefully. She is bored. She needs a new challenge. She has too much time on her hands. Solution: Sit her down and Define clearly to her that she is STEALING. Remind her that you will not fail to get her dealt with if she continues that art of theft. Now, Get her involved in any activity that will keep her gainfully occupied. I.e. Church activities, Business etc. Would be better if the activity is something that interests her. Best of luck with your marriage.
Re: **ee by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 18, 2013
People, help me ooo. BabyOsisi wan kill me here...........

1 Like

Re: **ee by searay(m): 5:01pm On Jun 18, 2013
@OP. Well! The woman fit dey carry the money go dash some guys where dey help you polish her congo.
Mod abeg na play, I play ooooo.
Re: **ee by mesther96(f): 5:02pm On Jun 18, 2013
[quote
author=dayokanu]

No be wetin your parents ask for be that? If you go Honda place and they
say Accord na 2million would you offer to pay 20m because you intend to
use the car to generate 100m?[/quote]lol....i neva mary sha bt wen d time comes my brideprice wl b $2million..no negotiation!
Re: **ee by dayokanu(m): 5:03pm On Jun 18, 2013
m.esther96:
lol....i neva mary sha bt wen d time comes my brideprice wl b $2million..no negotiation!

No problem. Dangote fit dey find 15th wife by then.

1 Like

Re: **ee by mesther96(f): 5:07pm On Jun 18, 2013
dayokanu:

No problem. Dangote fit dey find 15th wife by then.

me marry dt ugly dangote shocked.my foot!!!

i want a tall,nt too fat bt fleshy wt muscles:p

clean n handsome guysmiley

wt fat pocket!!!8-)
Re: **ee by logica(m): 5:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
http://www.ehow.com/list_6908487_spousal-theft-laws.html

Spousal theft differs from other types of theft because the property may legally belong to both the spouse bringing charges and the spouse charged with theft. A majority of marital property assets can often be classified as community property, which both parties have a legal right to control and to access for personal use.
Re: **ee by jidewin(m): 5:24pm On Jun 18, 2013
babyosisi:

All you stingy men
How dare you call your wife a thief angry angry
U need to ask for forgiveness immediately

My husband was hiding his wallet and sometimes putting it under his pillow just because I was taking little chicken change from it for lunch
Nonsense !! wink
How can a woman steal from her own husband
Are we not joined in holy matrimony again?
In Igboland wives are lovingly called odoziaku which translates to mean " the one who arranges the wealth"
Your own is to bring in the money,allow me to arrange it na ,as expected
I pitied him sha one day long ago when we had no credit cards ,he came home ranting about how he was so embarrassed at the store When it was time to pay and he Opened his wallet and the cash was depleted grin tongue tongue tongue
I said ewoooo, di m oma
I am so sorry tongue tongue tongue
But did it stop me ?
Whosai cool cool
If a man has 5 $20 bills in the wallet I bought him for Christmas why can't a woman who bore him bouncing baby boys take one or two $20 as the spirit leads
I don't do it as much anymore
I now ask him first and if he says no i have no cash on me and I go to the wallet and see cash,he can't come back and claim that he had cash grin
Abi?
Love u boo wink

LOOOOL this is lady is hilariously crazy...ok let's turn the table,once you get paid and withdrew from ATM,your man must have unrestricted access to your bag.But don't come on NL to complain o...even if he's to spend it for' younger cuties outside ne'. Hahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: **ee by biolabee(m): 5:28pm On Jun 18, 2013

we knew already grin grin
Re: **ee by agohavivi(f): 5:36pm On Jun 18, 2013
This is somthing I'm guilty of. Presently I'm a stay at home mum meaning oga is solely responsible for the financial demands at home. Most times he makes me look like a spendthrift in spite of the fact that I run the home efficiently. As such, I have no choice but to make up with the extra I get from his pocket.

Though it's wrong I can't help it once in a while.
Re: **ee by Okijajuju1(m): 5:45pm On Jun 18, 2013
dammytosh:

[b]Okay! Lemme give you another example;

As a kid, I stole from my parents a lot. Money o! I stole 100 bucks here, 200buck there. I was caught and beaten up a lot.. What did i do with the money? buscuits, sweets and the like. why did i steal, because the 20naira given to me for transport and snacks was never enough. 7naira mineral and what can you do with 3 naira? nothing. so i stole. not a good excuse but lets focus on the issue. Fast forward to now..

Now I can walk into my fathers house, go to his room, take money out of his purse, spend it and when he asks, I'll simply say I took it.. Same for my mum. What changed? I was now trusted. I was no longer afraid to own up. They may get angry but not enough to berate, shout or beat me. They are now open with me.

Now it's sort of the same with marriages.. If you have to hide to do anything, then there is a problem. It's like my wife will tomorrow complain that I steal meat from the pot.. Like really? If she sees me as her husband, then it shouldn't be a big deal that I take her stuff without informing her. Now if she asks and I deny, then that in itself is a problem because it then means I am afraid of the consequences of her reaction.

If his wife can't tell him that she took money out of his wallet, it's caused by a reason. Prolly because of his reaction which shouldn't be.. After all, she's his wife.

I had a friend way back then whose mum was afraid of is dad.. In households like that, it wouldn't be surprising to hear something like this.

Again... You only steal that which you can't get. Meaning if she could get money from him, she wouldn't need to take his money and be afraid to own up. Their is a problem in this relationship and it goes beyond the wife alone. This OP has a problem
/ part of the blame as well.. [/b]

1 Like

Re: **ee by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
@ op, she's your wife. I can't believe you opened her up to being called a thief by people on this forum. If you are hurt by what she did then simply tell her and let her know denying it was wrong shikena. If you're not careful, people will poison your mind about her here. Telling you she's a thief and will steal more if she has access to your account. Na wa sha. Just ask her why she did it and tell her your mind. Shikena. I hope she's not afraid of you because she shouldn't have denied when you asked her. Maybe its even the way you were asking. My 5 dollar opinion sha

1 Like

Re: **ee by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2013
People justifying stealing shocked....

Even if your are co-joined twin, let the other person know u took the money.

The difference here is that she denied taking the money until threatened. Who does that?

OP, you might want to increase her allowance since she is a student, she maybe want to feel among the other students, brazilian and Peruvian things cheesy....

Don't even think of withholding money because she might get it elsewhere.

You don't enter one chance so try and look for a possible solution.
What might work for someone else might not work for you.
Na you know your wife, try and fix it!
Re: **ee by delors(m): 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2013
Best solution, whenever u need to give her some money, put it in the wallet, and put the wallet on the bed. That way, you won't call that 'stealing'; rather, you are giving her the money the way she likes to be given. Period
Re: **ee by nuwell(m): 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
undecided
Re: **ee by FunkyR: 6:37pm On Jun 18, 2013
As a Man u shld be ashamed of yourself. It obvious u are not taking care of her well. Because if u are she wont be atealing from u. Kmt
Re: **ee by FunkyR: 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2013
As a Man u shld be ashamed of yourself. It obvious u are not taking care of her well. Because if u are she wont be stealing from u. Kmt
Re: **ee by logica(m): 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
FunkyR: As a Man u shld be ashamed of yourself. It obvious u are not taking care of her well. Because if u are she wont be stealing from u. Kmt
Wow. Albert Einstein abi na Sigmund Freud in the house. Pray do tell how you arrived at this conclusively?
Re: **ee by riyageh(f): 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
logica: http://www.ehow.com/list_6908487_spousal-theft-laws.html

I fail to see the need for your aggressive response, I asked because I wanted to know if there was such a law tryly and you sounded very confident with your comment but your response indicates that you are not certain. What you are doing is coming to a conclusion based on your opinion and certain facts. I looked at the article you quoted it does not say a spouse cannot steal from their partner, it depends on the circumstance. This is a forum where people discuss and exchange ideas, it seems too many cannot without being rude.
Re: **ee by sunkoye: 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2013
your wife cant steal your money na, she took it!..... op...trust me, u are nt matured enof for marriage. gba!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Marriage An Achievement? / Lagos Judge Sent Lawyer To Prison For Chasing Wife With Cutlass (pic) / Ten (10) Ways That Helps To Uphold Dignity In The Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.