Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students (21350 Views)

Muslim Students Reject Hijab Ban In Lagos Public Schools / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos / China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Xinjiang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Handsomeemmy(m): 3:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
dfolan:
I think the fasting is beginning to take its toll on you, judging from ur myopic thought, ur religion rather than dominating is rapidly diminishing. u Muslims take consolation in the ridiculous notion of ur religion being the fastest growing religion. my friend grow out of ur illusion and face reality
My brother, you are being truthful, I like your courage. May the God you serve continue to open doors of success for you and grant you greater wisdom.

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by maclatunji: 3:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
hegelian:
why cant you guys be truthful for once. the same thing is happening i saudi arabia and muslim countries. i am a muslim too but the truth should be told. he who want equity must come to equity with clean hand. what is good for one is also good for the other. yes what the chinesse govt is doing is wrong but muslim countries are doing worst and we are suppose to lead by example.hypocrites everywhere you turn and yet we call ourselve believer (we should be willing to say and face the truth everywhere and wherever)

What exactly happened in Saudi Arabia my very honest and equitable friend?
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Curlyjay(m): 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
As much as these people who visit the Islam For Muslims forum thread here come to criticize muslims, am still optimistic this thread is where u'll find salvation
Insha Allah

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2013
Curlyjay: As much as these people who visit the Islam For Muslims forum thread here come to criticize muslims, am still optimistic this thread is where u'll find salvation
Insha Allah

Hahaha good one...
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Freedani(m): 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2013
siddiq202: Islamophobia at its peak...

What will they say is the reason not to allow them fast if they want to?
I dont support any form of infrigment on people's right but the chiness might hav a reason for doing that.maybe the children should go back to their country and participate in whatsoever and come back when they are through
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by hegelian: 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2013
Curlyjay: Though the enemies of Islam hate it, islam will always prevailThough the enemies of Islam hate it, islam will always prevailThough the enemies of Islam hate it, islam will always prevail
no one hate Islam cos God cannot be hate (God is Love). the hate we see around are created by us and us alone.
in one of the most profund hadith; God says know me before you worship me, if you dont know me,then how can u worships me. (the truth is how can we know God if we dont even know ourselves except we are playing the deceit game. how can you know yourself without knowing the all of humanity. how can you know the whole humanity if you dont love them. Path to God is a simple profess but profound). we all need to stop the name calling and blame game and seek to change ourselves before we clamour to change others.

if Islam was practiced like this during the time of the Prophet, there is no way anyone will be a muslim (the same thing for all other religions). most of us nowadays are quick to call names and create division everywhere we find conflicting views (please let us live and give other the chance too)

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by philip0906(m): 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
maclatunji:

Is your google search engine fasting too? grin grin
Curlyjay: As much as these people who visit the Islam For Muslims forum thread here come to criticize muslims, am still optimistic this thread is where u'll find salvation
Insha Allah

3 Likes

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by maclatunji: 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
dfolan:
I think the fasting is beginning to take its toll on you, judging from ur myopic thought, ur religion rather than dominating is rapidly diminishing. u Muslims take consolation in the ridiculous notion of ur religion being the fastest growing religion. my friend grow out of ur illusion and face reality

Notwithstanding your doubt, there are millions of Muslims in China who have been so for several generations over several centuries.

It is a fact that Islam continues to spread to places where it wasn't before. Your refusal to accept does not change reality.

2 Likes

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by hegelian: 3:38pm On Jul 15, 2013
maclatunji:

if you cant see intolerance to other religions in saudi arabia then am so sorry. heck the same intolerance is given out to other sect from this same religion of ours (the sunni vs shia and the wahabbi talkmore of xtians, jews, buddhism and the rest)

6 Likes

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by hayubee(m): 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2013
Alhamdulillahi I'm a Muslim! No matter wat dey say or do
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Lasun(m): 3:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
fitzmayowa:

1000 likes
This is the first sincere post am seeing from a muslim...May Allah continue to bless and guide you

Can you please tell me if there is a mosque within the vicinity of the "Vatican City"? just mention the street name and address.

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by maclatunji: 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2013
hegelian:
if you can see intolerance to other religions in saudi arabia then am so sorry. heck the same intolerance is given out to other sect from this same religion of ours (the sunni vs shia and the wahabbi talkmore of xtians, jews, buddhism and the rest)

This thread is about a specific policy that can be identified, understood and critiqued. If you want to raise issues about any other policy, feel free to raise them on another thread.

Surely, you don't deal in speculation and innuendoes when debating. It is either you state concrete facts or you keep silent.

2 Likes

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by vedaxcool(m): 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2013
vedaxcool: didn't the qur'an say the disbelievers r naturally allies to one another, supporting each other in doing evil! We r not moved by the jubilant tunes witnessed so far, rather it confirms what the Qur'an says. truly un their heart is a disease.

Truly disbelievers of truth we are not moved by your jubilations, I laugh at all those Christians jubilating, see how your beloved china, the love of your life, the weapon you so eagerly cheer sees Christianity to be:

Religious restrictions
The interior of a former Methodist church in Wuhan, converted to an upscale pastry shop with a Christianity-themed decor

The Government restricts legal religious practice to government-sanctioned organizations and registered religious groups and places of worship, through the Three-Self Patriotic Movement, and seeks to control the growth and scope of the activity of both registered and unregistered religious groups, including "house churches." Government authorities limit proselytism, particularly by foreigners and unregistered religious groups, but permit proselytism in state-approved religious venues and private settings.[56]

In 2008, the Government's repression of religious freedom intensified in some areas. Unregistered Protestant religious groups in Beijing reported intensified harassment from government authorities in the lead up to the 2008 Summer Olympic Games. Media and China-based sources reported that municipal authorities in Beijing closed some house churches or asked them to stop meeting during the 2008 Summer Olympic Games and Paralympic Games. During the reporting period, officials detained and interrogated several foreigners about their religious activities and in several cases alleged that the foreigners had engaged in "illegal religious activities" and cancelled their visas. Media reported that the total number of expatriates expelled by the Government due to concerns about their religious activities exceeded one hundred.[56]

"Underground" Roman Catholic clergy faced repression, in large part due to their avowed loyalty to the Vatican, which the Government accused of interfering in the country's internal affairs. The Government continued to repress groups that it designated as "cults," which included several Christian groups.[56] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_China

News-Leader.com 11:50 PM, Dec 2, 2012

In China there are more than 1,000 labor camps. There are more Christians in jail for their faith in China than in any other country.

ChinaAid, an organization that tracks persecution of Chinese Protestants, reveals that in 2011, the number of Christians detained for their religious beliefs had soared 131.8 percent from 2010. Arrests and disappearances of Christians intensified immediately preceding the recent Party Congress in China.

The Cardinal Kung Foundation (which monitors persecution of Catholics) reports that the situation for Catholics in China is worse than it was five years ago, and states that almost all underground bishops (those loyal to the Vatican, as opposed to priests who are members of the government-controlled Patriotic Church) are either in jail, under house arrest, hiding, in labor camps or under severe surveillance.

Throughout communist rule in China, Roman Catholics have demonstrated that it is possible under the most difficult circumstances to follow one’s conscience. Who are some of the people who have resisted communist pressure to deny their faith during the communist era in China?

Father Beda Chang, S.J., was born in 1905 into a family whose ancestors for several generations had been devout Catholics. After refusing to accept communist ideology, he was arrested Aug. 9, 1951, and secretly persecuted. After three months’ imprisonment by communists, his health had been entirely destroyed. He died at 46.

On July 2, 1951, Father Hsiao Chin-Sheng was imprisoned at Peking. He was described by friends as having undergone “a good deal of torture and suffering.” Hsiao served prison terms of a total of 29 years. He died on June 2, 1992, at 78.

Shen Tuo-Ts’ai was a member of the Catholic Center. On April 12, 1958, authorities aggressively entered the Shen home and forced family members into face-to-face “struggle sessions.” He was sent to Ch’ing Hai province for labor reform, after which he became ill. He died of pneumonia on Nov. 26, 1958.

The examples given above are from a limited-edition book published in Taiwan in 1995 to commemorate the martyrs from the first decade of communism in China, but their counterparts exist today in large numbers.

We hear a lot about how China has become the No. 2 economy in the world and how it learned from the economic mistakes made by Mao and the Russian Soviets, but when will the Chinese learn what former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev acknowledged on a trip to the Vatican when he said, “Our greatest mistake was religious persecution?” http://www.chinaaid.org/2012/12/news-leader-jailing-of-christians.html

grin grin grin China the love of NL christians, Maybe like this guy said;
tpacalipse: Should a country be blamed for trying to disallow terrorism within its borders?
but it seems christians are the terrorist in this case and China simply wants to disallow it grin grin grin grin grin grin

In Their heart is a disease . . .

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by papi365: 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
marion g: Mr Man, simple mathematics teaches that when a=x and b=x then a=b. Therefore, from your above statement you have just one option which is to 'take islam'. Guess if i don't you're going to hack me to death?. Mentality of people like you is the problem of religion, i'll advice you change it, it doesn't help.
OH BOI I GBADUN UR STATEMENT

2 Likes

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by LordReed(m): 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
maclatunji:

Excerpt from Wikipedia:
Saudi Arabia allows Christians to enter the country as foreign workers for temporary work, but does not allow them to practice their faith openly. Because of that Christians generally only worship in secret within private homes.[3] Items and articles belonging to religions other than Islam are prohibited.[3] These include Bibles, crucifixes, statues, carvings, items with religious symbols, and others.[3] The Saudi Arabian Mutaween (Arabic: ﻣﻄﻮﻋﻴﻦ ), or Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (i.e., the religious police) prohibits the practice of any religion other than Islam.[3]Conversion of a Muslim to another religion is considered apostasy,[3] a crime punishable by death if the accused does not recant.[3]The Government does not permit non-Muslim clergy to enter the country for the purpose of conducting religious services.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Saudi_Arabia

4 Likes

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by vedaxcool(m): 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
Curlyjay: Though the enemies of Islam hate it, islam will always prevailThough the enemies of Islam hate it, islam will always prevailThough the enemies of Islam hate it, islam will always prevail

They feel their hatred can change the path of Islam, Islam started with one man and today billions follow and remain committed to its path, They seek to extinguish the light of Allah, but instead Allah perfects it though the disbelievers detest it.

3 Likes

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
make money now: because dere is only one true religion ISLAM

Ok Islam is the only "true" religion. I don't want any religion both Islam or Christianity. Can i please leave in PEACE?
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
vedaxcool:

They feel their hatred can change the path of Islam, Islam started with one man and today billions follow and remain committed to its path, They seek to extinguish the light of Allah, but instead Allah perfects it though the disbelievers detest it.

God knows what part of your body you r speaking from......people don't hate Islam, stop spreading Islam by force, Islam is allowed in Britian, France and all these developed country because they believe in freedom to choose whatever you want to worship. Why cant the same tolerance be extended to Saudi Arabia if Islam is truly peaceful religion?

Islam started with one man?...i thought it came from God.

3 Likes

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Candybob(m): 4:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
This is the problem i have with religious people, they always think there are two religions, theirs and others. For your info china is not an atheist nation, the have their religion. Its quite unfortunate that africans come here to quarrel over the religion of the Arabian raiders and their European colonialists. Jesus is a jew, Mohammed an Arab, how are they related to we africans? U speak another mans language, worship another man god. Are u guys not ashame of yourself? You have no spiritual identity, please enlighten your mind! Progress can only begin with you realizing who you are!
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by maclatunji: 4:45pm On Jul 15, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Excerpt from Wikipedia:
Saudi Arabia allows Christians to enter the country as foreign workers for temporary work, but does not allow them to practice their faith openly. Because of that Christians generally only worship in secret within private homes.[3] Items and articles belonging to religions other than Islam are prohibited.[3] These include Bibles, crucifixes, statues, carvings, items with religious symbols, and others.[3] The Saudi Arabian Mutaween (Arabic: ﻣﻄﻮﻋﻴﻦ ), or Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (i.e., the religious police) prohibits the practice of any religion other than Islam.[3]Conversion of a Muslim to another religion is considered apostasy,[3] a crime punishable by death if the accused does not recant.[3]The Government does not permit non-Muslim clergy to enter the country for the purpose of conducting religious services.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Saudi_Arabia

And your specific complaint is?

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Curlyjay(m): 4:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
funny enough, during the time of the prophet, those prominent enemies of Islam later became guided and accepted Islam.
So, smile, my brethren...help is on the way, u'll be saved

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by ChainBlinger: 4:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
Candybob: This is the problem i have with religious people, they always think there are two religions, theirs and others. For your info china is not an atheist nation, the have their religion. Its quite unfortunate that africans come here to quarrel over the religion of the Arabian raiders and their European colonialists. Jesus is a jew, Mohammed an Arab, how are they related to we africans? U speak another mans language, worship another man god. Are u guys not ashame of yourself? You have no spiritual identity, please enlighten your mind! Progress can only begin with you realizing who you are!
ok we don hear you mr african man.
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Itoroetti(m): 4:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
vedaxcool: victory will come the way of the believers, these atheists ruling china cannot shove atheism down people's throat, every evil system eventually drowns in its own flit.

Why is saudi arabia not respecting people's choice of religion?
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Itoroetti(m): 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2013
Mr anony: Why won't those tolerant atheists leave those peaceful muslims alone?

Peaceful?since wen?

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Tonylyte(m): 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
Religious fanaticism is worser dan ethnocentricism. Africa i weep 4 u. See wat d westerners has turned us into. Wat hav we done to ourselves? Is it so hard 4 us to realise our position? Cant we just rest 4 one day? My religion dis. My religion dat. Who told u, you hav been pleasing whom you think u've bin worshiping all dis while? We hav suffered a lot 4m y'all religion stuffs. Though, it s 2 late 4 us to repair africa and benefit 4m it..but, if our children sufa's it. Whom we serve wouldnt 4gv us.
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by uzoexcel(m): 5:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
maclatunji:

This thread is about a specific policy that can be identified, understood and critiqued. If you want to raise issues about any other policy, feel free to raise them on another thread.

Surely, you don't deal in speculation and innuendoes when debating. It is either you state concrete facts or you keep silent.

Rome Journal; A Mosque Is Built, Finally, in the City of St. Peter
By CLYDE HABERMAN, Special to The New York Times
Published: July 31, 1989

When the idea first came up more than five decades ago - building a mosque in Rome for subjects from Italy's colonial holdings in Africa - Benito Mussolini is reported to have said absolutely no.

There will be a mosque in Rome, the Fascist ruler said, only when a Roman Catholic church is permitted in Mecca.

Not only is the first mosque now rising in the city of St. Peter, in a low-lying wooded area three and a half miles northeast of the Vatican, but it is also described by its Italian architects as the largest in Europe. The main hall, a swirl of spirals and towering pillars under a curving sky-blue ceiling, can accommodate 2,000 worshipers and is expected to be ready by January. An adjoining cultural center with meeting halls and a library should be completed next year. ''Even if it is not the largest, and there is a question about that, it is the most important mosque in Europe,'' said Abdul Qayuum Khan, the Pakistani director of the Islamic Cultural Center in Rome. ''The simple fact is that it is the only one located in the heart of Christianity, in the Mecca of Catholicism, you might say.'' ..............................................

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/31/world/rome-journal-a-mosque-is-built-finally-in-the-city-of-st-peter.html

2 Likes

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by untainted: 5:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
Maclatunji you have no SHAME!
Playing the fool for what?

maclatunji:

And your specific complaint is?

3 Likes

Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Itoroetti(m): 5:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
hegelian:
no one hate Islam cos God cannot be hate (God is Love). the hate we see around are created by us and us alone.
in one of the most profund hadith; God says know me before you worship me, if you dont know me,then how can u worships me. (the truth is how can we know God if we dont even know ourselves except we are playing the deceit game. how can you know yourself without knowing the all of humanity. how can you know the whole humanity if you dont love them. Path to God is a simple profess but profound). we all need to stop the name calling and blame game and seek to change ourselves before we clamour to change others.

if Islam was practiced like this during the time of the Prophet, there is no way anyone will be a muslim (the same thing for all other religions). most of us nowadays are quick to call names and create division everywhere we find conflicting views (please let us live and give other the chance too)

I'm a christian and not a muslim,but I must confess,u are so on point.I wish all muslims including maclatunji and our nairaland guys are like u.
Re: China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students by Dewze(m): 5:33pm On Jul 15, 2013
vedaxcool:

Truly disbelievers of truth we are not moved by your jubilations, I laugh at all those Christians jubilating, see how your beloved china, the love of your life, the weapon you so eagerly cheer sees Christianity to be:

.....grin grin grin China the love of NL christians, Maybe like this guy said; but it seems christians are the terrorist in this case and China simply wants to disallow it grin grin grin grin grin grin

In Their heart is a disease . . .

it is obvious tht ur mind has been skewed to believe tht evrybody tht criticises a muslim is a christian (Just as an uninformed and myopic yoruba man would believe tht evry non-yoruba person is an igbo).
U naivly think this is a chritians vs muslims world (Just as Nigeria is made to look like a Hausa-Yoruba-Igbo country).
Be informed. It is not a black and white world boy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage / What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? / Ramadan Fasting; Saudi Arabia Announces Date For Commencement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.