Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri (21458 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Psalm 23 In Pidgin / Psalm 23 In Pidgin English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 16, 2013
tarryT: Who told u that? Imagine urself as a preacher and u found urself in a joint where young waffi guys are smokig marijuana and u are to talk to them...

I bet say u no fit use grammer or ur queens english make sence for where these guys dey.. Dem go reason u as 'F up'...

But try somethin like this.... My guys una still dey dis levels, abi una no hear waitin happen to Akpo's brother? D guy na pyschia levels now o... Doctor say na kpef scatter him head.. Abeg, dis tin no good and e dey make people do bad things..
Bible talk am for John3:16.....God like dis world too much na Him make hin send hin only pikin, wey him well well to die for our sins, and anyperson wey believe in dis him pikin no go die, and d person go get everlastin live...

This is purely soul winning ingenuity. Bravo. Reaching the people in the language they understand. How will that affect 'seriousness and deep reflection'?

its better than bombing people to accept any religion...

You are right,ppl cn do whatever they like with d Bible...it doesn't change d fact that JESUS IS LORD...it doesn't change God.
Btw...have been to 'core' villages where dis ppl dnt understand pure English bt only their local language...bt thanks for pidgin even though i dnt speak it well!
Whichever way,as long as Jesus is preached...no problem!
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by PHIPEX(m): 3:55pm On Jun 16, 2013
Kiaso:
hey look here i understand wot u are tryin to say but i tell u u dont need a pigin english bible to preach in pigin
Preaching with pidgin English means that you recognise there are people who only understand pidgin English, what do you then expect them to read after you might have brought them to Christ? It's we who understand English that view this version with a sense of humour, to those who see it as a Lingua franca it is a welcome development. Some people probably complained like this when the Yoruba and Igbo version was launched.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Richy4(m): 3:55pm On Jun 16, 2013
tarryT: Who told u that? Imagine urself as a preacher and u found urself in a joint where young waffi guys are smokig marijuana and u are to talk to them...

I bet say u no fit use grammer or ur queens english make sence for where these guys dey.. Dem go reason u as 'F up'...

But try somethin like this.... My guys una still dey dis levels, abi una no hear waitin happen to Akpo's brother? D guy na pyschia levels now o... Doctor say na kpef scatter him head.. Abeg, dis tin no good and e dey make people do bad things..
Bible talk am for John3:16.....God like dis world too much na Him make hin send hin only pikin, wey him well well to die for our sins, and anyperson wey believe in dis him pikin no go die, and d person go get everlastin live...

This is purely soul winning ingenuity. Bravo. Reaching the people in the language they understand. How will that affect 'seriousness and deep reflection'?

Some Years ago, Rivers state Television used to cast news in Pidgin. I do not know about now.but then it was really cool. we used to admire that lady that translate and read the news in pidgin because it was not easy.i think preaching in pidgin depends on the environment,listeners and the preacher.

1 Like

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by obailala(m): 3:56pm On Jun 16, 2013
slimyem: Would be hard to read it with any seriousness or deep reflection.undecided
The pidgin english bible wasn't made for people like you who don't have pidgin english as a first language. If you go into some of the creeks in Delta state, u will meet people who have ONLY pidgin as their language of communication besides their local dialects. To you, it may just be a language for jokes and comedy but to some others, its their only means of communication.

omokayode9258: Who ar dis senseles pple appreciatn d unreasnable nd jobles pple makn d pidgn versn. Pls whr is christianity turnin to self, culd dis be a religion or jst a theatre centre. d relign is turnin to somthn else, evrybody can jst tnk on somthns whch is nt frm d basis nd cnt even be tracd to Jesus christ our Lord nd jst add it nd lie against Jesus our Lord, som yrs ago, som women folk rose up in som european countrs nd viewd Jesus to be a female, they startd changn d bible frm he to she i.e anywhr Jesus is adresd to be He they changd it to be she. Nw coms d ibo mentality again o, pidgn bible cant u read english 1s. Dt is d major reasn i apreciats d muslims, they wil neva do such a thn. They valued dr relign nd they wil neva stain or manipulat thr doctrn. Can Presdnt is nothn bt a politician. I dislike dt useles man

The original bible which was written in the traditional Hebrew language has been translated into thousands of languages over the world. In Nigeria we have the yoruba, igbo, urhobo, efik etc etc.. Now we have a pidgin english version and all you can think of is that the bible will be mis-translated?? c'mon!

3 Likes

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by sojimade(m): 4:04pm On Jun 16, 2013
LWKMD........ Is Bible a book like others, dis people no get work Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo, is dia anybody in Nigeria wey no understand Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba or English. Anyway I urge. Them to go ahead. I'm gonna buy it aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ read it for amusement. Pidgin ko, Ginpin ni! Mtcheeeew!
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by igbeke: 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
Richy.:

Some Years ago, Rivers state Television used to cast news in Pidgin. I do not know about now.but then it was really cool. we used to admire that lady that translate and read the news in pidgin because it was not easy.i think preaching in pidgin depends on the environment,listeners and the preacher.
most states in ND still do it. If u liv in lagos, den watch LTV in d evening or listen to Faaji Fm everyday for cool pidging programmes. i can tell u dat most families now prefer Faaji and Wazobia FM to dis "big oyinbo" radio stations.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by yemmy75(m): 4:16pm On Jun 16, 2013
Monzuur: Nothin we no go c 4 dis obodo nigeria......thank God no revised edition 4 quran......am a muslim & proud
R we talking about a revised edition here or a translation into another language, for the benefit of those who might not understand d original language?
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by DECOtech(m): 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2013
saheedsa: This is a highly misleading step to translate bible into pidgin! If english version says somefin dat doesn't av pidgin english nko, there is high tendecy for there to be contradictions o!fest tu commente le NL du pidgin! Ala dance galala±etighi=real madness!!!
Do you know how many Hebrew words that do not exist in English, Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa languages?
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by igbeke: 4:37pm On Jun 16, 2013
Diasporan: For those complaining about the Pidgin English version and also comparing it to the Koran they really need their heads examined.The original Bible was not written in English.Go to China and there is the version in mandarin same with France where it is written in French.For the koran which originally was written in Arabic now has the English version.I have a copy written in English.I used it for research.Bishop Ajayi Crowther first translated the Bible into Yoruba language,My Grand mother has the Igbo version.So why the criticism of my beloved pidgin Bible?You all complaining should emancipate yourselves from colonial slavery cause we all know the original Bible wasn't written in English.Btw Am proud to be a Warri boy and its a good news that my adopted father is part of this development
It is the best thing that happens to Nigeria dis year.
Btw, It gives me great concern when i hear or see pple comparing The Holy Bible to some other books like the qoran.
Let us set it straight, these are two directly opposite books. one is for peace while the other is for war and violence. one asked you to preach the gospel ofpeace to everyone, d other commads u to kill in d name of god.
if you ask me, i say one is Light to all Nations and other....
use ur tongue to count ur teeth.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by DECOtech(m): 4:39pm On Jun 16, 2013
sojimade: LWKMD........ Is Bible a book like others, dis people no get work Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo, is dia anybody in Nigeria wey no understand Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba or English. Anyway I urge. Them to go ahead. I'm gonna buy it aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ read it for amusement. Pidgin ko, Ginpin ni! Mtcheeeew!
I bet you think stories in Nigeria about the Tivs, Ibibio, Ndoni etc are faiiry tales
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Monzuur(m): 4:42pm On Jun 16, 2013
igbeke:

The truth of life is this, the fact of life you do not know is a step ahead of you
Believe it or not, The Holy Bible is the best thing that ever happened to mankind. The fact that you are ignorant of this is enough to make you sober.
The beauty of this Holy Book is that unlike others, it could be translated and transmitted in any form to make it easy for anyone's usage (matthew 24:14).
Coming to your claim, I ask, what do you really know about being a muslim? Is it the name or the fact that you visit the mosque on Fridays that makes you proud?
Well I dont want to condemn any religion but if you had known better, you would have run for the salvation of your life. Jesus is waiting to recieve you.
Now is the day of your salvation.
.....i hear u....but if i wil THINK of converting to xtain 2moro i pray 2 die today in islam.....
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by ChiSun27(m): 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2013
omokayode9258: Who ar dis senseles pple appreciatn d unreasnable nd jobles pple makn d pidgn versn. Pls whr is christianity turnin to self, culd dis be a religion or jst a theatre centre. d relign is turnin to somthn else, evrybody can jst tnk on somthns whch is nt frm d basis nd cnt even be tracd to Jesus christ our Lord nd jst add it nd lie against Jesus our Lord, som yrs ago, som women folk rose up in som european countrs nd viewd Jesus to be a female, they startd changn d bible frm he to she i.e anywhr Jesus is adresd to be He they changd it to be she. Nw coms d ibo mentality again o, pidgn bible cant u read english 1s. Dt is d major reasn i apreciats d muslims, they wil neva do such a thn. They valued dr relign nd they wil neva stain or manipulat thr doctrn. Can Presdnt is nothn bt a politician. I dislike dt useles man

n so freakn what? Y d insult? Must u insult? Na wa for u ooooo!!!! Even if u dont lyk d CAN president....what gave u d ryt 2 rain insult on him...may God pardon u of ur childish sins.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by saktoy83: 4:46pm On Jun 16, 2013
So, it is reality dt the si called christianity is nothing but a man made religion. The english version has a lot of contradictions whc had not been solved, still pidgin version dt will surely contain malancholic abberations is going to be launched. Guys let's seek for the truth. Take a look at Muslin Quran, since 1434 yrs ago, it remains intact. There are a lot of nonsense, both in the old &new testament, due to edition and revision day in day out.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Monzuur(m): 4:47pm On Jun 16, 2013
Mopolchi: and then? Even as unrevised it remains, what impact has it in your life for you to criticise other religion's effort in making the God's words elucidatory to its members? Be Careful!
.... I hear u sir
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by fashtundejay(m): 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2013
Abeg bro, go sit down.Who told u our english bible doesn't have limitations from the original greek and english version. Its a very good movement from dem. Kudos!!!
grin
Abeg bro, go sit down.Who told u our english bible doesn't have limitations from the original greek and english version. Its a very good movement from dem. Kudos!!!
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by fashtundejay(m): 4:58pm On Jun 16, 2013
saheedsa: This is a highly misleading step to translate bible into pidgin! If english version says somefin dat doesn't av pidgin english nko, there is high tendecy for there to be contradictions o!fest tu commente le NL du pidgin! Ala dance galala±etighi=real madness!!!

grin
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Validated: 5:01pm On Jun 16, 2013
Chrisbenogor: "Naim Jesus fall in the canoe with him pallies"
Reinhard Bonke: "As the boat was sailing there was a great storm"
Akpomiemie: " As the canoe dey remove naim yawa come gas"
Reinhard Bonke: " the storm was so great that it was like a whirl wind"
Akpomiemie: "the yawa na die so tay kasala burst enter"
Reinhard Bonke: " the disciples were now afraid and they shouted master master"
Akpomiemie: "naim liver drop him pallies, dem begin hala bros bros"
Reinhard Bonke: " Jesus got up and calm down the wind"
Akpomiemie: "Naim Jesus rise and arrange the yawa"
Reinhard Bonke: " He turned to his disciples and said, you are men of little faith"
Akpomiemie: Na so Jesus look him pallies, shake him head and say UNA FALL MY HAND"

Your trully a jester!!!
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 16, 2013
Monzuur: Nothin we no go c 4 dis obodo nigeria......thank God no revised edition 4 quran......am a muslim & proud
It is a translation and not another version. The freedom in christainity cannot be found else where, I guessed if this is tried in the other religion hell will set loose.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by slimyem: 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
obailala:
The pidgin english bible wasn't made for people like you who don't have pidgin english as a first language. If you go into some of the creeks in Delta state, u will meet people who have ONLY pidgin as their language of communication besides their local dialects. To you, it may just be a language for jokes and comedy but to some others, its their only means of communication.

I can agree with you both. I was talking selfishly.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Michky: 5:31pm On Jun 16, 2013
Reinhard Bonke: " He turned to his disciples and said, you are men of little faith"
Akpomiemie: Na so Jesus look him pallies, shake him head and say UNA FALL MY HAND"
lol
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by slimyem: 5:44pm On Jun 16, 2013
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 16, 2013
It is good this is done by people advanced in Warri Pidgin, the central Pidgin. It won't have the flaws in th Okukwo Nso of the Igbo.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by jidewin(m): 6:10pm On Jun 16, 2013
omokayode9258: hv u 4gotn bible is suposd to be word of God, hw com anybody culd jst rise up anydy to write dr own nd most follower of doctrn wil apreciat it wtout second tot nd u ar dr comparn bomb wt bible. Any corelatn btw d 2
Ol boy it is called Translation just like any other indigenous translation.haba bible dey for yoruba,igbo,hause why e no go dey for pidgin?all of una wey dey provoke so,una go still buy when d book full every where,do fotokopi jhoin sef.Yes fotokopi na pidgin translation for... U know nau. Oya laff for Christ sake ... See 32 sets o

1 Like

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Paentera(m): 6:18pm On Jun 16, 2013

Not only are you little minded, you cannot comprehend or reason out a lot of things. The original texts of the Bible were written in Aramaic - a language I am certain you are not aware of or ever heard of. As a result of limited knowledge and low level of reasoning, you find it easy to arrive at such a fallacy about how Christians have translated the Bible into as many languages that can be understood meaning that the doctrine is being manipulated. How sad.

A language is a TOOL for communication. The way you view it does not matter at all as I am sure you have seen the Bible in several Nigerian languages. So how justifiable is your claim about manipulation of doctrine simply because it has been translated to a language to enhance the spread of the Gospel? Next time, before you show how ignorant you are, read other knowledgeable comments otherwise keep your tardy and limited knowledge and level of reasoning to yourself.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by JoelFelix(m): 6:35pm On Jun 16, 2013
Who told you that there is no revise version of quran?
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by JoelFelix(m): 6:38pm On Jun 16, 2013
Guy, you too much ooh
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by chris4gold(m): 6:46pm On Jun 16, 2013
PSALM 23 IN PIDGIN ENGLISH
1. The Lord na mai Shepherd, I dey kampKe
2. He make me sidon for where betta dey flow and come put me next to stream make mai bodi Thermacool.
3. He panel beat my soul come spray am white, come dey lead me dey go through express road of righteousness for sake of Hin Name.
4. Walahi! If I waka pass where arm robber, 419, and juju people borku, come even join okada reach valley of the shadow of death sef, mai bodi dey inside cloth. Your rod and staff nko? Na so them dey like back bone dey comfort me.
5.You don prepare Banga and starch make I chop. All my enemies dey look anyaya. You rob me for head wit Vaseline Intensive Lotion. My cup na Ogunpa River wey come overflow hin bank.
6. True, true, betta life & mercy go gum my back till I quench. And man go tanda for God house sotey sotey from Lai lai to lai lai. GOD ALMIGHTY, NA YOU BIKO. AMIN!!!

1 Like

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by nmaihat: 6:50pm On Jun 16, 2013
I don't get the rationale behind the pidgin english bible cos anyone who cannot read the English bible would be unable to read the pidgin English Bible.

2 Likes

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by baslone: 7:19pm On Jun 16, 2013
blenble:

Yes o,atleast,how God understands all language and respects everybody that He will come so low to be like us,just to draw us to Himself!
Not like some other god that cnt speak or understand any other language bt ARAB and to make matter worse,u read it BACKWARD!
What kinda god b dt??wink

Let me help you out a bit.
Not all arabs are moslems.
The arabic version of the bible is written backward too.

About the kinda God- that I cant say much about.

3 Likes

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 16, 2013
nmaihat: I don't get the rationale behind the pidgin english bible cos anyone who cannot read the English bible would be unable to read the pidgin English Bible.
nmaihat: I don't get the rationale behind the pidgin english bible cos anyone who cannot read the English bible would be unable to read the pidgin English Bible.
i disagree,i grew up in Benue state and i can tell you that most Tiv folks cant read the English version but can read the Tiv bible.how they do it is still a mistery to me.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 16, 2013
I'm a Muslim but when dis bible commot,I go like buy am
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Sanboy25: 8:23pm On Jun 16, 2013
Cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Enenche And Wife Visit UATH, Donate Food, Medical Items / ( MUST READ) Four Reasons Why We Cant Lose Our Salvation / What Is The Meaning Of 666?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.