Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri (21462 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Psalm 23 In Pidgin / Psalm 23 In Pidgin English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by omokayode9258(m): 12:36pm On Jun 16, 2013
Samsantos9:
We are Christians and are also proud. Whether the Bible Is revised or not it still teaches us one thing which is Love for both friends and foes.
is dr anythn reasnable to be proud of in dt our relign dt has turnd to theatre centr, abeg lets talk sense joo. M nt proud to be addresd in public as a christn at al, our leadrs ar usles nd self centrd. Take it or leav it
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by zonax(m): 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2013
I think it is a wellcomed developement. True evangelism is geared at carrying everybody along. The pidgin bible will help in bringing evangelism to the grassroot in the south-south. Nice one
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Jeel: 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2013
Wow!!! Jesus is reigning. The Gospel is spreading and we are taking over!

1 Like

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by bebe2(f): 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2013
Its just another variation of the bible, any body wey re-write bible go add their own salt and pepper for gulible pple to believe. Smh cry
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Capnd143(m): 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2013
"and bros J answer am, come tell tell am say: bom boy no go live with agege bread bread alone . . . .
man shall not live by bread alone
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by oseiwe(m): 12:41pm On Jun 16, 2013
exxell: Meanwhile @ Warri Yesterday...
Warri get masquerade? Dat one be lyk yoruba own jare
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by jonescyras(m): 12:41pm On Jun 16, 2013
bros,i go give you 7/10....but this`s gonna be nice;i mean its gonna be welcomed by those people that find it difficult to read and comprehend english and other languages....
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by CrazyMan(m): 12:45pm On Jun 16, 2013
slimyem: Would be hard to read it with any seriousness or deep reflection.undecided
Exactly my thoughts...it would look more like a comedy book than a spiritual one.

1 Like

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Cheggoon(m): 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2013
Chrisbenogor: "Naim Jesus fall in the canoe with him pallies"
Reinhard Bonke: "As the boat was sailing there was a great storm"
Akpomiemie: " As the canoe dey remove naim yawa come gas"
Reinhard Bonke: " the storm was so great that it was like a whirl wind"
Akpomiemie: "the yawa na die so tay kasala burst enter"
Reinhard Bonke: " the disciples were now afraid and they shouted master master"
Akpomiemie: "naim liver drop him pallies, dem begin hala bros bros"
Reinhard Bonke: " Jesus got up and calm down the wind"
Akpomiemie: "Naim Jesus rise and arrange the yawa"
Reinhard Bonke: " He turned to his disciples and said, you are men of little faith"
Akpomiemie: Na so Jesus look him pallies, shake him head and say UNA FALL MY HAND"
Hahahahahaha,baba were ni bobo yi sha....!

1 Like

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Monzuur(m): 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2013
Samsantos9:
We are Christians and are also proud. Whether the Bible Is revised or not it still teaches us one thing which is Love for both friends and foes.
ok

1 Like

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Monzuur(m): 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2013
omokayode9258: is dr anythn reasnable to be proud of in dt our relign dt has turnd to theatre centr, abeg lets talk sense joo. M nt proud to be addresd in public as a christn at al, our leadrs ar usles nd self centrd. Take it or leav it
true yawn
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Monzuur(m): 1:00pm On Jun 16, 2013
bebe2: Its just another variation of the bible, any body wey re-write bible go add their own salt and pepper for gulible pple to believe. Smh cry
true yawn
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by jidewin(m): 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
Correct...make dem share d thing reach everywhere for Niger Delta abeg.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by kemasdaniel(m): 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2013
Ice4jez: christianity will go to any extend to make life easy n the word of God must reach the end of the earth wheather the enemy like it or not:God bless nigeria n happy sunday
bros,i dey fill u like mad,dey like it or NOT...
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by myners007: 1:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
MAKE UNA REPENT COS D KINGDOM OF GOD DON REACH GROUND.THE PIKIN OF GOD GO SHOW AGAIN LIKE OMILA FOR NIGHT

1 Like

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2013
Where else could this have happened if not Waffy? I hail. Other parts of country where Pidgin is spoken, I bet, won't be able to read the Pidgin Holy Bible (Warri version). This is the only part of the country where interpretation is not done in the indigenous languages of Urhobo, Itsekiri and Ijaw, but Pidgin.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by AroOkigbo(m): 1:15pm On Jun 16, 2013
Monzuur: Nothin we no go c 4 dis obodo nigeria......thank God no revised edition 4 quran......am a muslim & proud
The pidgin version of the Holy Bible is way better than the continously launched BOMB version of ur ---
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by IAMBREEZY: 1:15pm On Jun 16, 2013
Ok g don hear
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by toprealman: 1:17pm On Jun 16, 2013
saheedsa: This is a highly misleading step to translate bible into pidgin! If english version says somefin dat doesn't av pidgin english nko, there is high tendecy for there to be contradictions o!fest tu commente le NL du pidgin! Ala dance galala±etighi=real madness!!!
The original bible was not written in English. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery!

8 Likes

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by seedorfg(m): 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2013
;DLol smal tym naw bible eng + calabar go follow, me sef go do chinko own soon. . .Thank God quran dy tightLol smal tym naw bible eng + calabar go follow, me sef go do chinko own soon. . .Thank God quran dy tightLol smal tym naw bible eng + calabar go follow, me sef go do chinko own soon. . .Thank God quran dy tight
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by druid06(m): 1:24pm On Jun 16, 2013
Ola Johnson: Where else could this have happened if not Waffy? I hail. Other parts of country where Pidgin is spoken, I bet, won't be able to read the Pidgin Holy Bible (Warri version). This is the only part of the country where interpretation is not done in the indigenous languages of Urhobo, Itsekiri and Ijaw, but Pidgin.

People have turned Christianity into to farse. Anybody can just wake up and make his/her version of the Bible. This is totally ridunculous.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Itoroetti(m): 1:26pm On Jun 16, 2013
Monzuur: Nothin we no go c 4 dis obodo nigeria......thank God no revised edition 4 quran......am a muslim & proud

Why don't u concentrate on what u know how to do best...bom.bin.g

1 Like

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by tintingz(m): 1:28pm On Jun 16, 2013
Pidgin bible version...?
The church will turn to a comedy zone, especially here in Lagos.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Monzuur(m): 1:29pm On Jun 16, 2013
Aro Okigbo:
The pidgin version of the Holy Bible is way better than the continously launched BOMB version of ur ---
chai! No sense in wat u just said.......u neva read a thread on NL dat differentiate btw boko haram and islam?.......am nt here to critize

1 Like

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by efedavies: 1:30pm On Jun 16, 2013
People too complain sef,if u no like sometin mus u comment?pidgin na part of us and if u no like am go bite naked wire,like am earlier poster said-emancipate ursef frm mental slavery.no bite dust

4 Likes

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Greatken007(m): 1:31pm On Jun 16, 2013
saheedsa: This is a highly misleading step to translate bible into pidgin! If english version says somefin dat doesn't av pidgin english nko, there is high tendecy for there to be contradictions o!fest tu commente le NL du pidgin! Ala dance galala±etighi=real madness!!!
why are u this dull,if the Bible can be translated in Idoma,calaba,Binin,gbagi why doubting pigin,check ur literature in English syllabus very well you will notice that Pigin is allowed if u can do it without code switching.Haven't u heared the REDEEMED interpreter in pigin b4,some years back wen Pa ADEBOYE VISITED WAFFI?(I REMEMBERED VIVIDLY WHEN HE SAID ''BARREN WOMEN WILL HAVE CHILDREN'' AND THE INTERPRETER REPLIED BY SAYING''ANY WOMAN WEN NO FIT CARRY PIKIN FOR HER BELLE B4 GO CARRY PIKIN TODAY)

2 Likes

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by olabismal(m): 1:32pm On Jun 16, 2013
Is that proper in the way and manner of God almighty?

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Kingspin(m): 1:33pm On Jun 16, 2013
Why do some persons want to condemn this new & welcome development because is not from the white men than u clap & stand up for them.Try to celebrate ur own and Remember the pidgin bible is not for everybody oo they had some people in mind bf they come up with it.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by theripper3: 1:35pm On Jun 16, 2013
The Gospel of Jesus Christ must be preached even in the creeks. The lingua franca of pple from warri and its environs is Pidgin English. A very easy to learn version of the Bible would go a reasonable length to bring the good news closer to their door steps unlike one religion I know that forces everybody to speak Arabic. Even a Chinese and Portugese must speak Arabic before their prayers are answered.
They discard their language and culture and embrace medieval era Arabic culture.

"Upon this rock I shall build the church and gates of hell shall not prevail".

2 Likes

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by tintingz(m): 1:36pm On Jun 16, 2013
God the papa, God the pikin grin and God the Holy____ wetin be ghost or spirit for pidgin?
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by rezzy: 1:46pm On Jun 16, 2013
omokayode9258: is dr anythn reasnable to be proud of in dt our relign dt has turnd to theatre centr, abeg lets talk sense joo. M nt proud to be addresd in public as a christn at al, our leadrs ar usles nd self centrd. Take it or leav it

Its a pity. Pls bow your head in shame for this rubbish you posted
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by niytej(m): 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2013
are u sayin' all english bible are d same undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

( MUST READ) Four Reasons Why We Cant Lose Our Salvation / What Is The Meaning Of 666? / 31 Powerful Scriptures To Help Strengthen Us Through This Uncertain Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.