Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,412 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri (21461 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Psalm 23 In Pidgin / Psalm 23 In Pidgin English (2) (3) (4)

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by omokayode9258(m): 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2013
Aro Okigbo:
The pidgin version of the Holy Bible is way better than the continously launched BOMB version of ur ---
hv u 4gotn bible is suposd to be word of God, hw com anybody culd jst rise up anydy to write dr own nd most follower of doctrn wil apreciat it wtout second tot nd u ar dr comparn bomb wt bible. Any corelatn btw d 2

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 16, 2013
exxell: Meanwhile @ Warri Yesterday...

what exactly was going on here?
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by omokayode9258(m): 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2013
toprealman:
The original bible was not written in English. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery!
nd dt makes all other bibles invalid apart frm d orignal copy
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 16, 2013
I love pidgin engrish..
Would like to get a copy
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by omokayode9258(m): 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2013
Itoroetti :

Why don't u concentrate on what u know how to do best...bom.bin.g
u ar nt a gud believr because u ar bias. Hv u eva sn muslims apreciatn bombn bt u ar misleadn ur coleaque wt ur biasd tot. Pidgn versn of bible nd bombn any corelatn
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by delors(m): 2:10pm On Jun 16, 2013
Well, since na only New Testament dem be wan launch, e better small. Otherwise, i for wonder how dem go take translate Songs of Solomon (especially Chapter 1)...Kasala go burst for church o grin grin grin
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by kliq(m): 2:10pm On Jun 16, 2013
omokayode9258: Who ar dis senseles pple appreciatn d unreasnable nd jobles pple makn d pidgn versn. Pls whr is christianity turnin to self, culd dis be a religion or jst a theatre centre. d relign is turnin to somthn else, evrybody can jst tnk on somthns whch is nt frm d basis nd cnt even be tracd to Jesus christ our Lord nd jst add it nd lie against Jesus our Lord, som yrs ago, som women folk rose up in som european countrs nd viewd Jesus to be a female, they startd changn d bible frm he to she i.e anywhr Jesus is adresd to be He they changd it to be she. Nw coms d ibo mentality again o, pidgn bible cant u read english 1s. Dt is d major reasn i apreciats d muslims, they wil neva do such a thn. They valued dr relign nd they wil neva stain or manipulat thr doctrn. Can Presdnt is nothn bt a politician. I dislike dt useles man
And what do u have to say about the yoruba version,and do french speaking countries also must make use of the english version

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by omokayode9258(m): 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
rezzy:

Its a pity. Pls bow your head in shame for this rubbish you posted
k, then prov me wrong
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by igbeke: 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2013
Monzuur: Nothin we no go c 4 dis obodo nigeria......thank God no revised edition 4 quran......am a muslim & proud

The truth of life is this, the fact of life you do not know is a step ahead of you
Believe it or not, The Holy Bible is the best thing that ever happened to mankind. The fact that you are ignorant of this is enough to make you sober.
The beauty of this Holy Book is that unlike others, it could be translated and transmitted in any form to make it easy for anyone's usage (matthew 24:14).
Coming to your claim, I ask, what do you really know about being a muslim? Is it the name or the fact that you visit the mosque on Fridays that makes you proud?
Well I dont want to condemn any religion but if you had known better, you would have run for the salvation of your life. Jesus is waiting to recieve you.
Now is the day of your salvation.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2013
So pigeons sef english! Wonders shall never end in dis end time.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by kliq(m): 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2013
omokayode9258: nd dt makes all other bibles invalid apart frm d orignal copy
And do you have a copy or d original bible or even seen 1 ?

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by bonna4u(m): 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2013
This bible could turn preachers to comedians. The congregation may think the pastor is joking if he uses the pigin version of the bible to preach.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by 360command: 2:26pm On Jun 16, 2013
Chrisbenogor: "Naim Jesus fall in the canoe with him pallies"
Reinhard Bonke: "As the boat was sailing there was a great storm"
Akpomiemie: " As the canoe dey remove naim yawa come gas"
Reinhard Bonke: " the storm was so great that it was like a whirl wind"
Akpomiemie: "the yawa na die so tay kasala burst enter"
Reinhard Bonke: " the disciples were now afraid and they shouted master master"
Akpomiemie: "naim liver drop him pallies, dem begin hala bros bros"
Reinhard Bonke: " Jesus got up and calm down the wind"
Akpomiemie: "Naim Jesus rise and arrange the yawa"
Reinhard Bonke: " He turned to his disciples and said, you are men of little faith"
Akpomiemie: Na so Jesus look him pallies, shake him head and say UNA FALL MY HAND"
. This pidgin english translation is not on point. There are somethings u for leave as it was rather than try to create a joke factor in it. For instance ,' Jesus got up and calm down the wind'. By translation, you wrote ,' naim Jesus rise and arrange yawa' . How can "wind" be translated as "yawa". There are so many things that can be associated with yawa, but its needed we know the main thing that happened or was said in the bible instead of we trying to generalize the word. I still believe that some words in english should remain the way they are.

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by tintingz(m): 2:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
Lolz grin
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by BarryX(m): 2:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
I so much love my people. - hail **identity*
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by tintingz(m): 2:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
bonna4u: This bible could turn preachers to comedians. The congregation may think the pastor is joking if he uses the pigin version of the bible to preach.
i tell you grin
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by mooregan(m): 2:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
omokayode9258: Who ar dis senseles pple appreciatn d unreasnable nd jobles pple makn d pidgn versn. Pls whr is christianity turnin to self, culd dis be a religion or jst a theatre centre. d relign is turnin to somthn else, evrybody can jst tnk on somthns whch is nt frm d basis nd cnt even be tracd to Jesus christ our Lord nd jst add it nd lie against Jesus our Lord, som yrs ago, som women folk rose up in som european countrs nd viewd Jesus to be a female, they startd changn d bible frm he to she i.e anywhr Jesus is adresd to be He they changd it to be she. Nw coms d ibo mentality again o, pidgn bible cant u read english 1s. Dt is d major reasn i apreciats d muslims, they wil neva do such a thn. They valued dr relign nd they wil neva stain or manipulat thr doctrn. Can Presdnt is nothn bt a politician. I dislike dt useles man

Bros, no de claim over holy for here. If u were born to see Pidgin as ur official language, u 4 complain?? Not all can read English, hence de translation of de bible to different Languages, in which pidgin is one cos we can communicate with it.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Richy4(m): 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2013
Reinhard Bonke: " He turned to his disciples and said, you are men of little faith"
Akpomiemie: Na so Jesus look him pallies, shake him head and say UNA FALL MY HAND"
grin u just made my day

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by BarryX(m): 2:41pm On Jun 16, 2013
druid06:

People have turned Christianity into to farse. Anybody can just wake up and make his/her version of the Bible. This is totally ridunculous.
And who's turning Christianity into a " Ridiculous farce" now. Abi bible no dey for language ni ? Samuel Ajayi Crowther so called glory today no pass like that
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Mopolchi: 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2013
Monzuur: Nothin we no go c 4 dis obodo nigeria......thank God no revised edition 4 quran......am a muslim & proud
and then? Even as unrevised it remains, what impact has it in your life for you to criticise other religion's effort in making the God's words elucidatory to its members? Be Careful!
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by AbuMikey(m): 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2013
Shey na like dis we go dey dey??
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Diasporan(m): 2:46pm On Jun 16, 2013
For those complaining about the Pidgin English version and also comparing it to the Koran they really need their heads examined.The original Bible was not written in English.Go to China and there is the version in mandarin same with France where it is written in French.For the koran which originally was written in Arabic now has the English version.I have a copy written in English.I used it for research.Bishop Ajayi Crowther first translated the Bible into Yoruba language,My Grand mother has the Igbo version.So why the criticism of my beloved pidgin Bible?You all complaining should emancipate yourselves from colonial slavery cause we all know the original Bible wasn't written in English.Btw Am proud to be a Warri boy and its a good news that my adopted father is part of this development

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by totalhouse(m): 3:01pm On Jun 16, 2013
i like this.
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Samsantos9: 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
omokayode9258: is dr anythn reasnable to be proud of in dt our relign dt has turnd to theatre centr, abeg lets talk sense joo. M nt proud to be addresd in public as a christn at al, our leadrs ar usles nd self centrd. Take it or leav it
Well maybe you weren't a true Christian. No offense intended
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2013
druid06:

People have turned Christianity into to farse. Anybody can just wake up and make his/her version of the Bible. This is totally ridunculous.
It is not. If the Bible had not been translated to English would you have known what is in it? If Martin Luther had not secretly translated the Bible from Latin to German, thereby making people to have access to it, what would have been the fate of christians who were prevented from knowing what was contained in it. The priest, with the knowledge of Latin, were the only ones that had access to it.

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Samsantos9: 3:05pm On Jun 16, 2013
Monzuur: ok
good
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Richy4(m): 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2013

If I see the Bible, I will buy it. the holy book states that the gospel should be preached to the utmost part of the world. so it is not only on English speaking Countries alone the bible is meant for. that is why it was translated so that verious people and languages would understand it. U might have been privileged to read and write and understand perfect English. there are some who are not as privileged as you. the president of CAN was not thinking myopically. do not hate him. he's only carrying instruction from the holy book
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by igbeke: 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2013
omokayode9258: is dr anythn reasnable to be proud of in dt our relign dt has turnd to theatre centr, abeg lets talk sense joo. M nt proud to be addresd in public as a christn at al, our leadrs ar usles nd self centrd. Take it or leav it

if you are truly a christian and not a church-goer, then you will have everything to be proud of.
Which leaders are you refering to?
Look unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith. (Heb 12:2; Luke 9:62; Jude 1:21)

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by tarryT(m): 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2013
slimyem: Would be hard to read it with any seriousness or deep reflection.undecided
Who told u that? Imagine urself as a preacher and u found urself in a joint where young waffi guys are smokig marijuana and u are to talk to them...

I bet say u no fit use grammer or ur queens english make sence for where these guys dey.. Dem go reason u as 'F up'...

But try somethin like this.... My guys una still dey dis levels, abi una no hear waitin happen to Akpo's brother? D guy na pyschia levels now o... Doctor say na kpef scatter him head.. Abeg, dis tin no good and e dey make people do bad things..
Bible talk am for John3:16.....God like dis world too much na Him make hin send hin only pikin, wey him well well to die for our sins, and anyperson wey believe in dis him pikin no go die, and d person go get everlastin live...

This is purely soul winning ingenuity. Bravo. Reaching the people in the language they understand. How will that affect 'seriousness and deep reflection'?

its better than bombing people to accept any religion...

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Kiaso(m): 3:25pm On Jun 16, 2013
Whats happening to christianity?
Producin a bible is good, but creating a ridicule out of it is sth i dont understand.....
Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Kiaso(m): 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2013
tarryT: Who told u that? Imagine urself as a preacher and u found urself in a joint where young waffi guys are smokig marijuana and u are to talk to them...

I bet say u no fit use grammer or ur queens english make sence for where these guys dey.. Dem go reason u as 'F up'...

But try somethin like this.... My guys una still dey dis levels, abi una no hear waitin happen to Akpo's brother? D guy na pyschia levels now o... Doctor say na kpef scatter him head.. Abeg, dis tin no good and e dey make people do bad things..
Bible talk am for John3:16.....God like dis world too much na Him make hin send hin only pikin, wey him well well to die for our sins, and anyperson wey believe in dis him pikin no go die, and d person go get everlastin live...

This is purely soul winning ingenuity. Bravo. Reaching the people in the language they understand. How will that affect 'seriousness and deep reflection'?

its better than bombing people to accept any religion...
hey look here i understand wot u are tryin to say but i tell u u dont need a pigin english bible to preach in pigin

Re: Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 16, 2013
Samsantos9:
We are Christians and are also proud. Whether the Bible Is revised or not it still teaches us one thing which is Love for both friends and foes.

Yes o,atleast,how God understands all language and respects everybody that He will come so low to be like us,just to draw us to Himself!
Not like some other god that cnt speak or understand any other language bt ARAB and to make matter worse,u read it BACKWARD!
What kinda god b dt??wink

( MUST READ) Four Reasons Why We Cant Lose Our Salvation / What Is The Meaning Of 666? / 31 Powerful Scriptures To Help Strengthen Us Through This Uncertain Times

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69