Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,295 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan (15646 Views)

I Dont Get What I Want In Life-jonathan Says On His Birthday.. / I Hardly Get What I Look Forward To In Life- Jonathan / I Thank God For Sparing Buhari’s Life -jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by churific(m): 4:50pm On Jun 15, 2013
It should've read: Nigerians have lost lives...unnecessarily!
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by maasoap(m): 4:52pm On Jun 15, 2013
thelastPope:

Most Nigerians? Keep deluding yourself! 80% of all of you that are insulting him here are Yoruba! We are fully aware of that! Even the other 20% are mostly people from other tribes who have lived in the SW all their lives. It is a known pattern. SMH for you
If what you typed here is very true, then it would be very unjust on your part not to have asked yourself a simple question on why is this so. Was it not the same Yorubas that massively voted for him in 2011?
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by thelastPope(m): 4:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
whitecat007: You and your people pressed for the "tribalism and partisan sword" to be brought out in the first place

I remember when he came out here to shoot some of our messages down in your people's favor and we did not call him a sellout. I am glad your baby is stretching out the hand to be carried with.

Now that you have successfully pushed away those who tried to be neutral on Nairaland into corner, now imagine millions in real life who have to deal with you guys daily. I just know if there is going to be a war in Nigeria, it will make Biafra war look like a walk in the park, cos you have created silent monsters in your hosts.

If you hate me and insist on living with me then I will sleep with one eye open and the deadliest weapons I can lay my hands on

What in the world have you said now? Which kind free education be dis sef! SMH
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by thelastPope(m): 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2013
maasoap: If what you typed here is very true, then it would be very unjust on your part not to have asked yourself a simple question on why is this so. Was it not the same Yorubas that massively voted for him in 2011?

Look, lets not derail the thread, but for the records, Yorubas did not massively vote for him in 2011. They mostly sat in their houses. They came out for Fashola. Go check the records. If you want to debate that, open a new thread and let me know. cheers
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Acidosis(m): 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2013
thirty:

My people are useless, my people are sensiless, my people are indisciplined
Na Nigerian Government,
Dem de talk be dat,

I never hear am before o
make Government talk like that

My people are useless, my people are sensiless, my people are indisciplined
Na Nigerian Government,
Dem de talk be dat,

Which kind talk be that,

na craze talk be that o
na animal talk be that ooo
na animal talk be that ooo

Many leaders as you see them

na different disguise dem de o
animal in human skin
[b]a***** de put u tie o
animal de waer agbada
animal de put u suit o

coming from a man who spent his entirely life on earth and as a Nigerian complaining, smoking, womanizing, and then... later died a shamless death..

No wonder the so called "leaders of tomorrow spent their destiny as "leaders of pros. titution", "leaders of campus and community drunkards", leaders of "Nigerian association of unfortunate cultists"..

FELA the Nigerian youth is thanking you ooo for the legacy you left for them! hahahahaha..

May your soul rest in peace.. your followers will join you soon wherever you are....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 5:00pm On Jun 15, 2013
What a trash, by joining bandwagons to insult his opponents and use of irritating abusive adjectives to drive home his argument is becoming pathetic and abnormal.

Gbawe use to be one of so so but not anymore in my own opinion, may be you are entitled to liking his new found method of antagonism which is not funny.

Lordlexy: Btw, leave Gbawe alone, he remains d most interlectual n objective.
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by whitecat007: 5:02pm On Jun 15, 2013
Right! after all Your part of the country is where they don't know difference between poo and ofe nsala

Same Yoruba that singlehandedly rescued the hollow man from the Turai saga, while your necks were buried under the table from eating the crumbs and saliva falling off cabal's mouths

thelastPope:

Most Nigerians? Keep deluding yourself! 80% of all of you that are insulting him here are Yoruba! We are fully aware of that! Even the other 20% are mostly people from other tribes who have lived in the SW all their lives. It is a known pattern. SMH for you
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Gbawe: 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2013
Acidosis:

coming from a man who spent his entirely life on earth and as a Nigerian complaining, smoking, womanizing, and then... later died a shamless death..

No wonder the so called "leaders of tomorrow spent their destiny as "leaders of pros. titution", "leaders of campus and community drunkards", leaders of "Nigerian association of unfortunate cultists"..

FELA the Nigerian youth is thanking you ooo for the legacy you left for them! hahahahaha..

May your soul rest in peace.. your followers will join you soon wherever you are....

Shame the world is not full of petty and hateful elements like you unable to separate a man's artistic brilliance, that brought joy to many worldwide and that all right-thinking Nigerians should be proud of , with his private life.

Hate Fela all you want, and it is obvious why since you are a creature of sheer hatred, yet be aware no Nigerian artist has a very successful broadway play in their honour. You will always be a pathetic and hate-destroyed nuisance yet Fela will be remembered fondly as the brilliant, inspired, influential Nigerian king of Afrobeats.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeWIzVs7XOQNnUGPZzFrDQHCj9iLDzxXgSC1HnpDoosJfCIjDoZw[/img]

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by whitecat007: 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2013
I see you are worn out, give to the next akpu brain beside you to read it to you

thelastPope:

What in the world have you said now? Which kind free education be dis sef! SMH
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 15, 2013
Edenitis: Gbawe and thelastpope.

I feel you guys and I weep for Nigeria.

Like him or hate him, Mr. President spoke the truth about us.

Our elders, and I am one of them, have failed us woefully by innumerable and persistent bad examples and and a complete lack of regard for the future. Leaders, especially from Babangida to date have preferred crooked and dishonest means to rule. They have stolen our commonwealth and encouraged others to do the same.

Political parties are formed not with any ideologies but for the agreement of like minded people to continue the despoilation of a colonised people.

Civil servants lord it over the society they are supposed to serve.

Why does the president need a fleet of private planes?
Why are presidents and governors and local council chairmen suddenly stupendously rich once they taste the office?

The young ones grow up seeing their elders blatantly display selfish thieving character all of the time.

A former president was accused of sleeping with his daughter in law. he is still respected in Nigeria!
Elders sleep around with their grand daughters!

So Mr. President sees all these and tells us to start the correction with our own lives.

He is right.

He is leading the way.

He will lead by example

Give him time.

We need to change and we do need a leader for the change.

May God use our president to change Nigeria. Amen

I wish I can share yr optimism abt GEJ being an harbinger of change but am so sorry 2 say dat change as a word is alien to Jonathan

Gbawe has said it all! Dez leaders just don't get it. Dey r asking us 2 give wat we don't av

wit all d iniquitous opulence being displayed by then n shoving it in our faces,dia's no way dey can expect us 2 eke out patriotism n good neighbourliness wen dey demselves r guilty of d same offence dey accuse d populace of

Leaders who dignify n deify corruption,sleaze n wanton indiscipline shdnt expect mor frm d lead

Barry White said 'Practice wat u preach'!

Until its palpable dat we av leaders who r selfless n sacrificial,visionary n forthright we shal kip dancing 'yoyo' on d same spot
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by thelastPope(m): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2013
You Wrote:

Gbawe:

I feel sorry for how some Nigerians now exemplify the concept of "Stockholm syndrome" more than others in the world today. How many nations do you know where leaders hypocritically ask a very poor and ultra-dehumanised people to make sacrifices while they live hedonistically like Roman emperors?

And I replied:

thelastpope:
Where in the statement did GEJ say the statement was for only poor people? You have become very senile. I suspect old age is catching up with you. The call was to Nigerians, not poor people. Or is Nigeria only made up of poor people? You are not very intelligent honestly. SMH for you!

And we have been looking for you since then............still searching
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Phikom(m): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2013
GEJ is drunk with turpentine....GEJ's point of view my Foot...
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by maasoap(m): 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2013
thelastPope:

Look, lets not derail the thread, but for the records, Yorubas did not massively vote for him in 2011. They mostly sat in their houses. They came out for Fashola. Go check the records. If you want to debate that, open a new thread and let me know. cheers
Here we go again. Yorubas didnt come out to vote, yet they came out to vote for Fashola in Ekiti, Oyo, Ondo, Ogun and Kwara States on the day of presidential election. Wow! Nobody is derailing the thread here, I am just trying to let you realise that your summation is totally and completely wrong. You didnt want to accept the fact that Yorubas loved Jonathan more than OBJ at the very begining. Who lead the calls to make Jonathan the acting presdent when Yaradua was sick? Despite the fact that ACN controls SW, yet he won 5 out 6 States in Yorubaland. Now you dont want to talk about what really caused the hatred but just want the Nigerians to believe that Yorubas hate Jonathan because he is not a Yoruba. Clap for yourself. Have you ever been to Yorubaland? A visit to Yorubaland will convince you that we dont play ethnic card. You have seen it already. Did Jonathan tell Nigerians that he was going to remove fuel subsidy while he was campaigning for election? That is deceit, that is callous my man. Why didnt he remove it before election? .

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by conebit: 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2013
Give honor to whom honor is due to,the fact is that some ppl do not know that mr president is not the cause of nigerian's predicament.oviously some pple don't like wen someone is saying d truth.mr president have said it all,and that is the basic truth.long leave mr president long leave nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by thelastPope(m): 5:25pm On Jun 15, 2013
maasoap: Here we go again. Yorubas didnt come out to vote, yet they came out to vote for Fashola in Ekiti, Oyo, Ondo, Ogun and Kwara States on the day of presidential election. Wow! Nobody is derailing the thread here, I am just trying to let you realise that your summation is totally and completely wrong.

Open another thread and I will gladly educate you there...thatz all

You said "massively" voted and I said you are wrong. Open another thread and I will further straighten you up!
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2013
Dat na Joe-talks, no shaking!
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Leemak: 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2013
1Dray:

Senseless comment from a shameless clown! Mtscheeew!
shut up laptop no 10
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by boytonero1: 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2013
After reading many of the comments, I have no reason to doubt the president or whoever wrote this speech. Go back again and read the comments and compare them with what was said of us in the speech. Where is this generation of youths headed?
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by maasoap(m): 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2013
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by maasoap(m): 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2013
thelastPope:

May be you dont even know that winning your opponents by just one vote in some states has its own advantage on "technical" ground. It was what prevent INEC from conducting run-off election. But people like you wouldnt understand.
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Gbawe: 5:35pm On Jun 15, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

I wish I can share yr optimism abt GEJ being an harbinger of change but am so sorry 2 say dat change as a word is alien to Jonathan

Gbawe has said it all! Dez leaders just don't get it. Dey r asking us 2 give wat we don't av

wit all d iniquitous opulence being displayed by then n shoving it in our faces,dia's no way dey can expect us 2 eke out patriotism n good neighbourliness wen dey demselves r guilty of d same offence dey accuse d populace of

Leaders who dignify n deify corruption,sleaze n wanton indiscipline shdnt expect mor frm d lead

Barry White said 'Practice wat u preach'!

Until its palpable dat we av leaders who r selfless n sacrificial,visionary n forthright we shal kip dancing 'yoyo' on d same spot

Thank you. How, as one example, can we situate the reality of more politicians, than was the case in the past, owning and using Private jets today while asking ordinary Nigerians to respect them more?

Look, GEJ is only able to talk because of the docility of a people who have atrocious things done to them yet continue to smile and even pray fro their oppressors.

The problem is that things are changing gradually and the likes of GEJ are no longer happy that Nigerians are now becoming the animals our dehumanised environment indicated we should have become a long time ago. We all know that only criminal and violent behaviour gets a response from the FG these days. The same people who take advantage of the respectful nature of Nigeria now want to preach about "respect" when young Nigerians, with all hope lost, have accepted their fate and embraced the reality that might/criminality/violence is king in Nigeria. Which society will continue to expect respect for elders to flourish when elders are only capable of letting young people down and ruining their future?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Lordlexy: 5:43pm On Jun 15, 2013
Ngwakwe:
What a trash, by joining bandwagons to insult his opponents and use of irritating abusive adjectives to drive home his argument is becoming pathetic and abnormal.

Gbawe use to be one of so so but not anymore in my own opinion, may be you are entitled to liking his new found method of antagonism which is not funny.

You are completely entitle to u opinion, because so far, d likes of u, thelastpope have not giving us d reason 2 believe tat negligence nd coruption has been d bane of d social ills tat has eaten deep into d fabric of many families which has led 2 d vices tat is currently rocking us. Gbawe had raised a valid point of wat self sacrifice is instance from d British Pm which is not obtainable here compare it wit a president of a poverty striking country keeping as much as 10 air crafts, tat is outrageous, nd to me to me such revelation from none other but Gbawe as usual has made him won my admiration.
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by donodion(m): 5:44pm On Jun 15, 2013
Gbawe: Mr.President, stop fooling yourself. Social networking and a more inter-connected world, enabling more Nigerians to see what obtains elsewhere even if they have never left Nigerian, is the reason many young Nigerians now feel they have to embrace 'self-help' (crime) to gain some of the wealth of Nigeria that people like you believe in pocketing, to the detriment of the majority, with your huge salary, ridiculous food budget and ten airplane fleet.

Stop complaining Mr. President. You are fighting a losing battle because respect for elders, in this day and age when we all know what others are doing and enjoying, can only be maintained through elders conducting themselves in a manner worthy of respect.

Things will never go back to the days of innocence when deceitful elders like you patronisingly rub the head of young children and tell them to "study hard" while you loot/damage their future and condemn them to becoming criminals with your callously profligate ways that is going on even now as you speak.

You cannot even sacrifice one plane out of your ten airplane fleet, when other leaders of wealthy nations have one or non, yet you ask young Nigerians to respect you? You are even lucky they are docile, in comparison to others, else you may not have the effrontery to patronise them as you now do and as your kind have always done.
Oga mi...I dey feel you..ride on...your defences are superb and on point without unnecessay sentiment.I love your piece on that deported man from kenya.Proud of you as a fellow Nigerian.
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Lordlexy: 5:44pm On Jun 15, 2013
Ngwakwe:

You are completely entitle to u opinion, because so far, d likes of u, thelastpope have not giving us d reason 2 believe tat negligence nd coruption has been d bane of d social ills tat has eaten deep into d fabric of many families which has led 2 d vices tat is currently rocking us. Gbawe had raised a valid point of wat self sacrifice is instance from d British Pm which is not obtainable here compare it wit a president of a poverty striking country keeping as much as 10 air crafts, tat is outrageous, nd to me to me such revelation from none other but Gbawe as usual has made him won my admiration. Don't hate, just be objective.
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by ba7man(m): 5:45pm On Jun 15, 2013
I don't support the idea of people choosing to have low moral standards but they're simply reflecting their leaders. An organization takes the characteristics of its leader. When you have clowns ruling the country, the citizens are bound to to act a fhool too. Anointing flows from the leader to the people, not the other way around.
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
thelastPope:

Nigerians voted for GEJ enmasse. Yoruba, Hausa, Ibo, Tiv, Nupe, Urhobo, Ibibio and what av u..
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Fadenitan(m): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
Really we have lost moral value as a Nigerian,most of you that are blind folded to all d good work & quality of our president are either frustrated or simply working with your head,bad belly people that your generation now and to come cannot and will not be a president because you refuse to appreciate ur president and leader, most of ur reply are either politically motivated or otherwise,i advise you to stop this for you & ur generation to come to be a leader.Pray for ur president & leader all d time.
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 15, 2013
maasoap: If what you typed here is very true, then it would be very unjust on your part not to have asked yourself a simple question on why is this so. Was it not the same Yorubas that massively voted for him in 2011?

It shall b well wt u! Wateva dat 'lastpope' said is laden wt high level of idiocy

Dey r always quick to play up d ethnic card in d face of unimpeachable evidence as to d fact dat whoeva dey av chosen 2 follow willy-nilly 2d grave even if he is a crass failure

D same yorubas all of dem r having HBP over voted 4dis same simpleton massively

Even Obasanjo ddnt av it dis easy in d South-West yet we wer stil his greatest critics

All dis 'na my brother' kind of politics is debasing

'Evribodi' voted 4 GEJ n av d right to take him 2 task as regards his stewardship

D problem oda tribes av wt d yorubas is dat we don't fraternise wt mediocrity even if d pipo involved is our kith n kin but 4dem dey prefer to turn d blind eye to glaring case of cluelessness n rudderless leadership our otuoke president is dishing out

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Kelvin4life: 5:49pm On Jun 15, 2013
u people wil not kill me with talk here.which way nigeria?
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
Most people insulting Gej may be worst than him if given the same opportunities. Gej is a product of bad society just as all of u. You are not better than him because you are also corrupt and practice vile things in your daily life. Gej cannot reform society. It is family which is building block of society that would reform society.
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by legendsilver(m): 6:17pm On Jun 15, 2013
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by cardoso111(m): 6:18pm On Jun 15, 2013
When leaders have lost human face in governance they become despotic!!this GEJ doesn't really care if unemployment keeps growing in leaps!
Values my foot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Baraje-led PDP Faction A Fraud - Falana / Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender / Ex-minister Saidu Isa Is Dead; Kwara Governor Mourns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.