Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari (34855 Views)

Okorocha Embarrassed In London By Pro-Biafran At Chatham House: Video / Associating My Name With Dasuki’s Case, Shameful – Falae / You Think Buhari Was Embarrassed In Paris? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by dayokanu(m): 5:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
solomon111: As a good citizen,which many of Tinubu's syncophants believe him to be, he should be seen supporting the govt by not unnecessarily heating up the polity.
That's what is expected of a good opposition party.

How did a rogue suddenly become a good citizen

And why should he support a cluelless govt headed by Retardeen Jonathan and the PDP?
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by mekaboy(m): 5:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
bloggernaija: GEJ committed N900 billion to " fighting terrorism" in a single year and education/health/infrastructure got how much?
Smart adeyemi who professes to be a democrat does not see any wrong with that.
Spending such a sum to fight a few idiots who normally should have been routted via a focused police action is not exactly what you call smart.
Is exactly the picture of what nigeria has become.
Even the civil war did not cost as much as a tenth of this.
True democrats know that money meant for the welfare of the people is being diverted to feed Nigeria's brand new military/security /industrial complex.you do not hear the worldbank and the IMF complaining about this.
The other matter is that those who strategically look into the future know that it is dire.
The advise to the goodluck administration to thread softly from the progressives should not be ignored.fighting terrorism is one thing,killing innocent civilians which Nigeria's security forces do well is another.
From a strategic view point
Some of us can boldly see the same treatment being visited on the Niger delta in the future in the name of getting rid of militants.
As always ,only the weak will suffer.
Smart Adeyemi showed a lack of class as to bring up a politics into an event such as this.
Tinubu also did the right thing as to walk out of the venue .It is what decent people do.HE who laughs last laughs best.
I also fault tinubu and others for attending an event based on the new fad of going to Dubai to attend a silly wedding. Where next? St tropez to waste more money in the name of show?
Finally as long as there is a party called PDP in one form or the other,I will reserve my criticism of ACN for a time when the threats of this PDP's terrorism of the Nigerian people ends
Until that time , All hail ACN.
FACT :A man who is not corrupt is likely to surround himself with like minded people.

If buhari had called his boys to order earlier, Nigeria will not waste such an amount. He is not yet president and he has cost Nigeria so much lose of life and finances.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
solomon111: Then you must be a cretinn.
Lol.
Indeed only a cretinn can support a rogue like Tinubu.

first of, define rogue.

secondly, if rogue is the criteria for identifying cretins, then by your definition of rogue (I assume you will get the proper definition) you sir, are the bigger cretin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by egift(m): 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2013
solomon111: Tinubu would be a big liability if he joins PDP anyway.
He's not trustworthy.

Did you actually believe what you wrote up there...? Damn!

Smart was practically begging him to help GEJ....you better read the article because you are obviously talking like someone who didn't bother to read the story...
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Gbawe: 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2013
gbanikiti: Smartass Adeyemi has been longing for a day to embarass Tinubu and he finally got it! The same way that person of a Governor embarrassed Buhari because of a wedding which is not even related to him . Just imagine how senseless PDP members can be! grin

Lesson learnt: Don't invite any PDP member to your wedding or party because it might turn to a political gathering. grin

My dear sister, another lesson learnt is that this forum is full of sentimental folks who cannot think critically. Why should Adeyemi escape scrutiny over a statement that is procedurally inane? How long has Tinubu being an opposition leader? He should just wind up his opposition platform and "be with GEJ" as the not so smart Adeyemi foolishly suggests?

Nigerians don't even appreciate when leaders, through their patronisingly inane utterance, are showing they think we have the brain of Monkeys. What would be the point of George Osborne (a UK Conservation politician) berating Ed Miliband (leader of the opposition Labour Party) in public and telling him he "should be with" with David Cameron? We need to up our thinking in Nigeria because , as Dayokanu stated, the poor IQ and lack of sophistication indicated by some utterances here is very worrying.

We can all have our bias, differences and affiliation but that should not make us dense enough to just swallow patronisingly nauseating garbage, even children should reject, because it comes from a camp we support. Adeyemi rubbishes his Country , and even world politics, with this nonsense and it is obvious why Tinubu did not wish to join issues with such a shallow-minded person who has allowed himself to be used this appallingly. Why did Adeyemi, if he understands the need for democracy to be vibrant and is indeed a person with a genuine grouse against Buhari, not urge Tinubu to support another candidate for the APC? Why tell Tinubu to "be with GEJ"? For what? So all Nigeria should align behind this man who is a woeful leader with no cohesive plan to move the nation forward? Tinubu simply saw through Adeyemi and the growing desperation of team GEJ. Let everyone oil their machinery and prepare to test their popularity as should be in a democracy.

This desperation-led and agbero-type support-GEJ-by-force blackmail from Kuku, Clarke, Asari-Dokubo, Anenih, Adeyemi and all the agents of GEJ will not work.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by solomon111(m): 5:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
dayokanu:

How did a rogue suddenly become a good citizen

And why should he support a cluelless govt headed by Retardeen Jonathan and the PDP?
it seems you are slow to understand.
He's a rogue as far as am concerned.
But even if we were to give him the benefit of the doubt like ACN goons want us to,he's simply making it impossible by heating up the polity unnecessarily and extending political supports to religious fanatics and illiterates.
Btw,if Tinubu cannot respect the office of the president and support this govt by offering constructive criticisms and solutions for the common good of Nigerians,then his party is not worthy of the presidency and nothing in this world will make me vote for his party.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Garrithe1st: 5:41pm On Jun 17, 2013
Tinubu is very smart. Any sane person will condemn Sen. Smart Adeyemi for his brainless action. It shows how uncouth, and irresponsible these PDP folks could be at times. They were there for a wedding, not a Political debate.

If Tinubu. Had responded, it would only have worsened an already bad situation. His response shows why decent folks will prefer APC to the Agbero-ish PDP

This thread also makes it easy to spot out irrational folks with very low IQ.

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by amarilo: 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2013
Garri the 1st: Tinubu is very smart. Any sane person will condemn Sen. Smart Adeyemi for his brainless action. It shows how uncouth, and irresponsible these PDP folks could be at times. They were there for a wedding, not a Political debate.

If Tinubu. Had responded, it would only have worsened an already bad situation. His response shows why decent folks will prefer APC to the Agbero-ish PDP

cheesy cheesy
irresponsible pop folks amaechi and jigawa state govs inclusive.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Pataki: 5:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
Good move by Asiwaju.

I just hope this also serves as a lesson for him to watch where and how he associates with these godless and heartless bastards in PDP.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by solomon111(m): 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
Garri the 1st: Tinubu is very smart. Any sane person will condemn Sen. Smart Adeyemi for his brainless action. It shows how uncouth, and irresponsible these PDP folks could be at times. They were there for a wedding, not a Political debate.

cheesy cheesy
what agbero party are you talking about?
You forget that ACN the "party of rascals" is a subset of APC.
Abeg talk another thing.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by gbanikiti(m): 5:52pm On Jun 17, 2013
Gbawe:

My dear sister, another lesson learnt is that this forum is full of sentimental folks who cannot think critically. Why should Adeyemi escape scrutiny over a statement that is procedurally inane? How long has Tinubu being an opposition leader? He should just wind up his opposition platform and "be with GEJ" as the not so smart Adeyemi foolishly suggests?

Nigerians don't even appreciate when leaders, through their patronisingly inane utterance, are showing they think we have the brain of Monkeys. What would be the point of George Osborne (a UK Conservation politician) berating Ed Miliband (leader of the opposition Labour Party) in public and telling him he "should be with" with David Cameron? We need to up our thinking in Nigeria because , as Dayokanu stated, the poor IQ and lack of sophistication indicated by some utterances here is very worrying.

We can all have our bias, differences and affiliation but that should not make us dense enough to just swallow patronisingly nauseating garbage, even children should reject, because it comes from a camp we support. Adeyemi rubbishes his Country , and even world politics, with this nonsense and it is obvious why Tinubu did not wish to join issues with such a shallow-minded person who has allowed himself to be used this appallingly. Why did Adeyemi, if he understands the need for democracy to be vibrant and is indeed a person with a genuine grouse against Buhari, not urge Tinubu to support another candidate for the APC? Why tell Tinubu to "be with GEJ"? For what? So all Nigeria should align behind this man who is a woeful leader with no cohesive plan to move the nation forward? Tinubu simply saw through Adeyemi and the growing desperation of team GEJ. Let everyone oil their machinery and prepare to test their popularity as should be in a democracy.

This desperation-led and agbero-type support-GEJ-by-force blackmail from Kuku, Clarke, Asari-Dokubo, Anenih, Adeyemi and all the agents of GEJ will not work.
The thread doesn't even have a credible source. This is an aproko story just to score cheap political points. Smh

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Gbawe: 5:57pm On Jun 17, 2013

cheesy cheesy

Indeed. Even if on different sides of a fence should we , as an example, still not be able to agree that paedophilia is evil? What is the point of Adeyemi asking Tinubu to "be with GEJ"? Is that not an oxymoronic request to make of a committed opposition leader? Abeg, these desperados should spare us these 'agbero' displays that only reveal the desperation of team GEJ. Let everyone go and test their popularity without pleading like b1tches and threatening or blackmailing others.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by adconline(m): 5:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
Spending Naija money in far away Dubai. No wonder Dr Watson said black folks are inferior. They should be ashamed because political and business elite built Dubai of today and Nigerian business and political elite cannot do the same in Nigeria. They rather go to Dubai where there is security, infrastructure, 24/7 power. Why can't they replicate all these in Niaja? because they are greedy and inferior to UAE political/business elite. How many UAE citizens come to Naija to throw parties?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Mylove55(f): 6:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
oshyno: Cowards. Why are they running. Heigth of cluelessness. Stand and put Smart Adeyemi where he belongs if uv got something tangible to say. When it comes to twitter ranting Elrufai will be fumming but to defend ur sef u can't.
no need to answer a fool,u mean smart has join d corrupt people,it is true dat if even if u a saint,once u join pdp,u wil be corrupt,dat is why i wil never in my life,support pdp,even if is my blood broda wants to be president under pdp.a saint in kaki,is better than devil in democrazy.smart fall my hand,he has stain his hand,dat is why, he is afraid of buhari
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by enm(m): 6:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
Walking away was not the best option to take. Believe me, that was a perfect opportunity to showcased his maturity in handling of criticism. Walking away shows that he take and bear no nonsense and what do you expect of such a man if found himself where jonathan is sitting now.

Matured person would diplomatically put Smart in his place by reminding him that, they are in a wedding and as so it is occasion for celebration and joy but promising to to provide the answer to his question when the wedding is over, thereby steering the party back.

To me walking away was a wrong move and generate a lot more question.

---------------------------------------------------------
But seriously what is tinubu and el rufah doing in the wedding where a lot of pdp members were in attendance. A wedding organized by one of the fuel subsidy member.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Gbawe: 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2013
ilugunboy:

Did you actually believe what you wrote up there...? Damn!

Smart was practically begging him to help GEJ....you better read the article because you are obviously talking like someone who didn't bother to read the story...

Many of them don't bother to read and comprehend. They just gobble up the banana thrown at them by patronising politicians who take them to be Monkeys. So Tinubu, as leader of the opposition, should begin publicly fighting an agbero politician who is pleading for him to abandon something he ideologically identifies with to "be with" GEJ?

All this tells us is that GEJ is getting very desperate. Tinubu did the classy thing ignoring an uncouth mouthpiece obviously spoiling for a fight. We know GEJ, more than any Nigerian President in recent history, has a penchant for these sort of 'Nollywood' antics using mercenaries like Orasanye, Otti, Otedola, Fasehun (OPC), Adeyemi et al.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
gbanikiti: The thread doesn't even have a credible source. This is an aproko story just to score cheap political points. Smh

D marriage ceremony indeed happen btw d Omokores n d Abdulaziz,he is d permanent secretary in d Ministry of Petroleum affairs

Infact as we speak,d man has bn redeployed from d Ministry of Petroleum owing to what insider says d federal govt frowned @ his hobnobbing wt opposition politicians

Jide Omokore on his part is an oil n gas mogul n an associate of a former Kogi governor who is now in ACN n he is perceived to be a financial supporter of d opposition in Kogi state against d PDP

He was a junior to Tinubu in Mobil in d 80s before he moved to Schlumberger from wia he later started his own company

Before pipo start yapping,dey don't kno dat som of dez dramatis personae av wia dey r coming frm
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by gbanikiti(m): 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

D marriage ceremony indeed happen btw d Omokores n d Abdulaziz,he is d permanent secretary in d Ministry of Petroleum affairs

Infact as we speak,d man has bn redeployed from d Ministry of Petroleum owing to what insider says d federal govt frowned @ his hobnobbing wt opposition politicians

Jide Omokore on his part is an oil n gas mogul n an associate of a former Kogi governor who is now in ACN n he is perceived to be a financial supporter of d opposition in Kogi state against d PDP

He was a junior to Tinubu in Mobil in d 80s before he moved to Schlumberger from wia he later started his own company

Before pipo start yapping,dey don't kno dat som of dez dramatis personae av wia dey r coming frm
Oh! was he the permanent secretary that was recently sacked by Jonathan for hosting a wedding at Dubai? interesting!
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 17, 2013
gbanikiti: Oh! was he the permanent secretary that was recently sacked by Jonathan for hosting a wedding at Dubai? interesting!

I think so too..

When I read that story ..my hunch told me the man must have offended some folks in that PDP...forget the excuse they gave.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
gbanikiti: Oh! was he the permanent secretary that was recently sacked by Jonathan for hosting a wedding at Dubai? interesting!

Yes maam
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by skyfall: 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
Sounds more like Dumb Adeyemi to me. So Buhari is now an outcast because he was a military leader? As a matter of fact, that is why i like him. He saw corruption threatening to destroy the country and did the needful.

When next Dumb Adeyemi goes to Ghana, he should go and call Jerry Rawlings an enemy of democracy and see if he won't be booed or even lynched.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
dayokanu:

Maybe Tinubu has more decorum in him than to turn the wedding of two innocent young people the agemates of his own children into a Political campaign, obviously decorum is not something popular in the PDP thats why they go campaign at Churches, in Weddings and even in burial ceremonies

By this action, I am more impressed by Tinubu again he has shown what they lack in PDP. Using wedding ceremony of their childrens agemate to do political fights is not something I would expect from Asiwaju Tinubu.

Kudos Jagaban

Abeg park that decorum talk very well for one side. If he had the slightest measure of decorum he wouldn't have so put politics before human lives by vehemently opposing the state of emergency in the North. Jagaban was caught off guard and i credit Smart Adeyemi for picking the right moment.

Understand that I'm not saying smart is a saint but he realized that "in a fight be the first to hit and hot very very hard" grin
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by remarkD(m): 1:42am On Jun 18, 2013
I salute you for this your post.

Double salute if you're of the same ethnic stock as Tinubu but still are able to view this matter so objectively and stating what clearly was the wrong move by the frog-eyed ex-governor.

Not only is running away the wrong move... it was a cowardly move... how can he even show face in public again? I mean... he should just go hide... and maybe get someone slip him some rat... (fill in the gap)

enm: Walking away was not the best option to take. Believe me, that was a perfect opportunity to showcased his maturity in handling of criticism. Walking away shows that he take and bear no nonsense and what do you expect of such a man if found himself where jonathan is sitting now.

Matured person would diplomatically put Smart in his place by reminding him that, they are in a wedding and as so it is occasion for celebration and joy but promising to to provide the answer to his question when the wedding is over, thereby steering the party back.

To me walking away was a wrong move and generate a lot more question.

---------------------------------------------------------
But seriously what is tinubu and el rufah doing in the wedding where a lot of pdp members were in attendance. A wedding organized by one of the fuel subsidy member.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by amarilo: 6:51am On Jun 18, 2013
We have received alot from these people both PDP and APC so i will no longer kill myself in anything concerning Nigeria politics and politicians.

So who letter eat Tinubu's Amala and ewedu for the wedding? El-Rufia tuwo nko? Those would make a kill if taken to auction.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 18, 2013
Where is the link?

Was it not from a pro-PDP lying newapaper?

martinseme: leader of the ACN and former governor of Lagos state, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu got the shocker of his life after he was publicly humiliated by Kogi Senator and former President of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, Senator Smart Adeyemi who asked him at a party in Dubai why he would serve a man who truncated democracy! Tinubu was stunned at the effrontery of Adeyemi as was the audience. Tinubu, along with controversial former minister of the Federal Capital Teritorry, Nasir Elrufai, immediately left the hall after the incident apparently angered that Adeyemi put Tinubu on the spot.

A large number of the who is who in the Nigerian socio-political and economic strata had stormed the City of Dubai in the UAE for the society wedding of the son of oil mogul, Chief Jide Omokore, Tosin and his heartthrob, Faisal, daughter of Ambassador Azeez Musa.

There were no fewer than 20 senators on hand, including Senate spokesman, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, Senator Smart Adeyemi, Senators Magareth Okadigbo, Zainab Kure, Gbenga Ashafa, Olugbenga Onaolapo Obadara, Boluwaji Kunlere, Anthony Adeniyi, Clever Ikisikpo, Aisha Jummai Alhassan, Esther Nenadi Usman, Olubunmi Adetunmbi and a former member of the upper chamber, Senator Joseph Akaagerger.

Besides the heavy Senate representation, the crème de la crème of Lagos was also represented. The Asiwaju of Lagos, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu; the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu; a number of red cap chiefs, a former Commissioner for Information and Strategy in Lagos State, Mr. Dele Alake; and a former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai were also at the wedding.

Governors in attendance included the Akwa-Ibom State helmsman, Chief Godswill Akpabio and his wife; Kogi State governor, Captain Idris Wada; a former Military Administrator of Oyo State, General David Jemibewon, former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ahmadu Alli; former governor of Kogi State, Alhaji Ibrahim Idris; Minister of Trade and Investment, Dr. Segun Aganga, among many others.

Something no one was prepared for, however, happened at the hall. As guests were getting seated, the lot fell on the Chairman of Senate Committee on the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Senator Smart Adeyemi, to welcome the dignitaries on behalf of the groom’s family. The Senator, a broadcaster, went on and on reeling out the long list of the high and mighty.

A drama was to play out between Senator Adeyemi and Senator Tinubu. Adeyemi, who since he left behind his camera and microphone, has imbibed the art of politicking just like the veterans, took Tinubu by surprise.

He started by recognising Tinubu as the landlord of Chief Jide Omokore in Lagos. He said Tinubu had shown himself as a good landlord at that and that he was proud of Tinubu’s political prowess. He stated that looking at Tinubu’s attainments so far, he should not be seen as Asiwaju of Lagos, but Asiwaju of the entire kaaro o ojiire (Yorubaland). Tinubu was elated, seeing a key opposition politician eulogise him to high heavens.

Sources at the gathering told Sunday Tribune that the former Lagos governor never knew he was in for a shocker from Adeyemi who after reeling out the ACN leader’s pedigree, put the question forward. Why would Tinubu be deploying his democratic credentials in service of undemocratic elements? The hall went into deep silence, but it was not a question and answer session. So, Tinubu could not offer a response. Many of the guests who had offered ceaseless claps as Senator Adeyemi reeled out Tinubu’s credentials were also shocked at the twist.

According to the Kogi senator, Tinubu should be seen as leading the charge towards democratisation of the country, rather than promoting those who have truncated democratic growth of the nation in the past.

Senator Adeyemi said that Since Tinubu should be seen as Asiwaju of the Yoruba race, he was inherently a democrat because the Yoruba were democrats. He added: As democrats, you cannot be seen to be aligned with a dictator.

Senator Adeyemi had said: “I admire Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu. He is the landlord of the groom’s father in Lagos. A good landlord he is and he has honoured his tenant here today. I looked at his accomplishments in politics and his political antecedents and I say that this man should not just be Asiwaju of Lagos but Asiwaju of the entire Kaaro o ojiire.
“Senator Tinubu sir, I am, however, shocked that someone of your pedigrees will be devoting his political acumen for the service of a non democrat. Someone who had truncated democracy in the past….”

“I want to assure you, Asiwaju, that there is a president in Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, who has fought more battles than any other Nigerian leader in the name of terrorism.
“In 2012, the budget for security was N900 billion; that money is enough to dualise all major roads in Nigeria. It is enough to equip our universities. If that money had entered some African countries, it would cripple the economy, but it was committed to security because of terrorism.

“Goodluck Jonathan can be likened to a pilot who took off and suddenly entered into turbulence. With patience and perseverance, he weathered the storm. Today, he has reached the cruising level and he is cruising towards 2015. I believe you should be with this president as a democrat and not with a dictator.”

The hall initially went into pin-drop silence, but then erupted in huge ovations for the Kogi senator. Tinubu felt the shocking twist to the senator’s prolonged eulogy. But it was not a question and answer session so he could not offer a response.

Afterwards, Tinubu and the former FCT Minister, el-Rufai, left the venue. They were said to have been apparently unhappy at the decision of Senator Smart to turn the venue to a political gathering.

To cap it all, Senator Adeyemi moved a motion and put the question as it is done in the Senate. He put the question, saying; “those in favour of the solemnisation of Tosin and Faisal here today, say ‘aye’…… and the ayes have it.”

It was not the first time Senator Adeyemi was lashing out at those he blamed for truncating Nigeria’s democracy in the past. During a debate on the remunerations for past presidents and Heads of State, Senator Adeyemi rose on the Senate floor to announce that Nigeria should place a ban on anyone who had truncated democracy in the past. He insisted that anyone who had been seen to act negatively against the growth of Nigeria’s democracy in the past should not be allowed as partakers in the current politics, adding that the punishment for such persons should be life ban from partisan politics
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 18, 2013
@REHOZIBAH

https://www.nairaland.com/1324063/buhari-supporters-group

REHOZIBAH: Dis title of dis thread is sensational to say d least!

Occassions lyk dat r meant 4 throwing banters n conviviality!

D coup dat brought in Buhari served a purpose then n dat was to stem d corruption dat politicians of dat time wer flagrantly displaying

We were innudated wt nauseating display of affluence n iniquitous accumulation of wealth by politicians especially of d ruling class

Shagari d president was adjudged not to b dat corrupt but his weakness n refusal to reign in party members was his greatest undoing

Even civil servants were not left out! Then was d era of brown envelope! B4 u cud get anytyn done in govt circle,u av to tip off an official by packaging crisp naira notes in a brown envelope

Getting a contract approved was predicated on u having factored in a 10% extra cost on yr normal valuation

N dis was hampering d smooth running of govt! Nepotism n evri vice were @ dia infancy then n Nigerians were really complaining!

It was d indignation dat reckless lifestyle of d politician birthed in d military dat made Buhari n odas 2 chase d corrupt politicians away

A few months afta,d politicians aving accumulated a war-chest of money started mounting propaganda against d regime using d mass media capitalising on d regimes' excesses

IBB who aving studied dat Nigerians really do not hate corruption but wish to b part of it also took ova n really democratise corruption

Evri known enemies of (Buhari)govt were bought on-board thru indiscriminate award of contracts n d satanic SAP economic policy

Brown envelopes n 10% both disappeared leaving d stage 4 gross n undescribebable monumental corruption,people just collect mobilization fee of any contract n vamoose

In oda not 2b prosecuted,d contractor-politicians started hobnobbing wt d military

In a nutshell,it is not so simplistic to say Buhari truncated democracy if d 'ifs' n 'why's' are nt properly explained

4me evr action of each military ruler shd b dispassionately explained 2 situate dia place in history

Murtala n Buhari stil tower above evri military ruler dat Nigeria hs had.Gowon got tainted by his sit-tight antics n civil war

Back to Tinubu,I wud av bn agrieved dat Tinubu is hobnobbing wt Buhari if I ddnt kno d precedent of GMB as an anti-corruption crusader or his distaste of lascivious lifestyles of present day politicians

I subscribe to d need 2 completely change d course of dis country by progressive politicians wt Nigeria being dia focal point n not any ethno-religious connotation or colouration being deplored by d PDP

I adore GMB 4 d little he was able to achieve by whipping d then very corrupt politicians n business men including Dangote then cos Buhari remove d monopoly dat Dangote alone hd over importation of som food items

Several of d politicians Buhari moved against were even fellow northerners like Abdusamad,Mai Deribe n several odas not d 'Na my Brother' kind of politicians we av now

Its a known fact dat billions in import duty waivers were being granted 2 som business men who r major financiers of d govt in power

Who can 4get d ultimate monopoly Femi Otedola enjoyed in AGO importation 4 abt a year unda OBJ who gave him importation contract 4 all d diesel d whole of nigeria was consumming wc d young man now sub-contract to other major playas in d industry

You all don't kno dat monumental corruption emanates frm d leader dats y dey can neva fight corruption

Malabu,Halliburton n several hideous corruption scandals r 2 numerous 2 mention

4me as a Yoruba man,Xtian n highly detribalised,nobody can taint General Muhammadu Buhari in my view cos dis man is d demon dat our ruling elites fear

Its only we d youths dat I am afraid for cos d corrupt elites av almost succeded in twisting our history since most of u probably were not born until d 90s hence d social media av bn used to whip of grand hatred against people who ordinarily shd b our heroes

Dey did it to Gani Fawehinmi who pipo even later said was looking 4 cheap publicity owing to his incessant cries n activism against d corrupt n entrenched establishment

Gani later tried his hands in politics,d propanganda machinery stil said 'd best activists r not always d best leaders n dat Gani shd b content wt being just a human right crusader'

Anytime I see u all fighting yrslf on d basis of religion,ethnicity I always weep within me cos corruption,sleaze,n visionless leadership dosnt kno Hausa,Igbo nor Yoruba
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by MightySparrow: 7:30am On Jun 18, 2013
Silly Smart Adeyemi,what has been result of the N900 billion? The big personalities would rather go to a peaceful Dubai where there is no fear of Boko Haram bombing than any hall in Nigeria.
Harassing an opposition leader in a wedding party to promote a useless party is an act irresponbility on his part just because he has the opportunity to be the MC of a wedding party. He now threw decorum into the wind. By harassing an elderly man in such gathering. He did not only embarrass Tinubu but also the celebrant that invited him who would definitely apologise to Tinubu after the function. I think he is not a true yoruba son. He lacks home training. In own state what achievements of his PDP governors can match those of ACN? He is only jittery of the change to come.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by PointB: 7:35am On Jun 18, 2013
remark D: I salute you for this your post.

Double salute if you're of the same ethnic stock as Tinubu but still are able to view this matter so objectively and stating what clearly was the wrong move by the frog-eyed ex-governor.

Not only is running away the wrong move... it was a cowardly move... how can he even show face in public again? I mean... he should just go hide... and maybe get someone slip him some rat... (fill in the gap)

Good point.

Let's review again what transpired at the event.

He started by recognising Tinubu as the landlord of Chief Jide Omokore in Lagos. He said Tinubu had shown himself as a good landlord at that and that he was proud of Tinubu’s political prowess. He stated that looking at Tinubu’s attainments so far, he should not be seen as Asiwaju of Lagos, but Asiwaju of the entire kaaro o ojiire (Yorubaland). Tinubu was elated, seeing a key opposition politician eulogise him to high heavens.

Tinubu was very elated when it appears he was being praised. Why did he not run away when he was being hailed. I bet those Tinubu ar.se lickers on this thread, who have buried their objectivity in Tinubu loot chest will not see anything wrong with this. The thief responded very warmly to praises, but turn tail and run when criticized. Again, only an scheming opportunist does that. Shameful, and indeed disgraceful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I’ll Expose Failures Of Ex-heads Of State – Jonathan / 2023: PDP Governors Kick As Atiku Plans To Retain Peter Obi As Running Mate / David Abioye Lists Qualities Of A Pesidential Candidate That Should Be Voted For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.