Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,139 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari (34849 Views)

Okorocha Embarrassed In London By Pro-Biafran At Chatham House: Video / Associating My Name With Dasuki’s Case, Shameful – Falae / You Think Buhari Was Embarrassed In Paris? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Gbawe: 4:10pm On Jun 18, 2013
whizkidd: I have an uncle in Abuja who chases contracts and is friends with all the PDP politicians and I can tell you that Buhari is their biggest fear. They will stop at nothing to keep him out of power because they know its game over for them if he becomes President.

The sad truth is that Nigerians don't want good leadership. Most will cry about our leaders but when presented with good candidates will make excuses to not vote for them. Most people don't mind corruption. They want someone who can magically develop a place while settling everybody. We are a country of lost souls.

I don't support the idea of electing a leader who once truncated a democracy but if we call a spade a spade, Obasanjo was also a military head of state, and Buharis tough stance on corruption is better than Jonathans free for all chopping jamboree.

In an ideal world, we would have a younger, resolute anti-corruption champion as President (a la Ribadu) but this is Nigeria. Anyone who thinks Jonathan is going to lose is decieving themselves. 2011 was the best chance to rid ourselves of PDP but since people are not ready for change,mumu Nigerians voted for Jonathan Badluck :/

Absolutely correct. You forget to add also that they love GEJ to death and will support him even into the pits of hell because he is a President who genuinely does not "give a damn" at the looting going on. In fact, he is a very active part of it.

Corruption and its disciples have never had it better than now in the "free for all" looters paradise GEJ has created. They are all absolutely petrified Buhari will put an end to that. Now, leading to 2015, we can expect desperate paid hacks to be throwing rotten bananas up and down with unthinking Monkeys gobbling up the rancid fruits and even slobbering while doing so.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by mapet: 4:10pm On Jun 18, 2013
Well a lesson to you to think first before allowing hatred to becloud your emmotions as you type. It is share idiocy to spoil the joy of two innocent folks starting their lives together, bringing political roforofo fight

Afam4eva: I rescind my comment about Tinubu not responding to Smart Adeyemi. While i would have wated to hear his response, i now think that was not the best place for Adeyemi to ask that question. Ifact, it was a disrespect to the couple. Though i hope Tinubu answers the question someplace else.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by akpomeme(m): 4:11pm On Jun 18, 2013
ewet: Can Smart Adeyemi also tell us why he is frontline member of the arty of rogues,murderers,charlatans and purveyors of evry lacuna tt is bedevilling us as a nation?
una can curse.. why you too like curse. Is that what you are paid to do to curse and curse... why body dey pepper una like this.. Lagos no do una drug smoking leaders grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by juman(m): 4:12pm On Jun 18, 2013
musiwa24:

Bros musiwa, so you are the fadeyi oloro? grin

No wonder!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by akpomeme(m): 4:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
juman:

Bros musiwa, so you are the fadeyi oloro? grin
Buhari's people meet Tinubu and Musiwa's people

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by juman(m): 4:18pm On Jun 18, 2013
^^^^^^
Or that was Bros musiwa when he was young before he became fadeyi oloro? grin grin
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
whizkidd: I have an uncle in Abuja who chases contracts and is friends with all the PDP politicians and I can tell you that Buhari is their biggest fear. They will stop at nothing to keep him out of power because they know its game over for them if he becomes President.

The sad truth is that Nigerians don't want good leadership. Most will cry about our leaders but when presented with good candidates will make excuses to not vote for them. Most people don't mind corruption. They want someone who can magically develop a place while settling everybody. We are a country of lost souls.

I don't support the idea of electing a leader who once truncated a democracy but if we call a spade a spade, Obasanjo was also a military head of state, and Buharis tough stance on corruption is better than Jonathans free for all chopping jamboree.

In an ideal world, we would have a younger, resolute anti-corruption champion as President (a la Ribadu) but this is Nigeria. Anyone who thinks Jonathan is going to lose is decieving themselves. 2011 was the best chance to rid ourselves of PDP but since people are not ready for change,mumu Nigerians voted for Jonathan Badluck :/

Yr comment inspires a flicker of hope in me!

I shudder @ d way d youths think somtyms

We all want a good n New Nigeria yet we don't want dat person dat wil come n rock d boat or clean d augean stable!

Some are ready 2 sacrifice merit on d altar of sectionalism or religion

D moment som1 name is mentioned lyk dis,our so called leaders of 2moro prefers 2 let nigeria sink rada dn av a perceived enemy most of us even knows notin abt whip som nationalistic sense into us

We av bn conditioned by age long propaganda to see ourselves as enemies

I av long deceided to be open-minded abt issues dat affect me n Nigeria

It wil not matter if its an Igbo,Nupe,Egun or Hausa man or woman dat hold d clear cut vision to steer dis country aright using d twin strategy of fighting corruption to d ground wyl helping to free up hidden resources to tackle d myriads of infrastructural problems bedevilling us thru a leadership mantra of 'Do as I do' and not 'Do as I say'

Leadership is key in all of dez issues,d followers wil shape in without much ado
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by dbilz(m): 4:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
Wat do u expect frm a clown senator? Birds of same feather flocks around.I don't expect him tp say otherwise. Its all PDP propaganda
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by mapet: 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2013
and which beer parlour was this grin....
teskyg: I was in private political meeting last week.We were told of how Revenue from the western part of Nigeria is been doled out to Northern politicians like Buhari and El-Rufai.Most of us will weep if you hear the figures those abokis are gettn from the taxes we pay in Lagos which huge percentage is channel to APC.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by mapet: 4:26pm On Jun 18, 2013
Egbon,

O da bi enipe en mu nkan.....
musiwa24: when he help atiku or nuru ribadu, did they win. NO..

you can see that tinubu, cant help you. His father name is mogaji, he only change his name.. to a yoruba name.. So if you are counting on his help.. with a name like mogaji. He cant help you, if nigeria break up. that he does not have a say or power for the Yoruba people.

so you are going to be dealing with me.. why do you think they are calling me Aare ona kankanfo... because I may be appointed the next aare ona kankanfo of Yorubaland because it is a long time, since the last one was appointed. and I am qualified to be the aare ona kankanfo of Yorubaland. And i am one of the candidate for the position of the Prime minister in one of the greatest kingdom, which my family have held for many generation. you can see, he cant help you. among the first class king in nigeria.

His name is mogaji. and it tell you. tinubu cant make that decision for Yoruba to leave nigeria. but i can . so all you thinking tinubu was going to stop me, if we want to leave nigeria.. are clueless.

if it i was in nigeria.. i wearing one of this and my mission is expected to kill anyone who oppose the satellite picture.. un behalf of the yoruba people.

there is no position call asiwaju of yorubaland.. but my position is real title. and a real king. with several cities.

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by phineas: 4:28pm On Jun 18, 2013
Senator Adeyemi has no class,and his actions at this event shows no taste either.

I applaud senator tinubus decorum and Mallam Nasir El- rufai's quiet solidarity,that's a taste of the new nigeria folks,not that kingdom divided against itself.watch it fall come 2015,and great will be that fall.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
A bold and audacious punch!

A response from Tinubu would have been like using umbrella as parachute and likewise won't do him any good since its a wedding occasion 'cos he wouldn't like to be tagged as creating a "scene".

Smart move from SMART with smart response from BAT. grin

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by danny301: 4:37pm On Jun 18, 2013
The man, senator Adeyemi sounded like a hypocrite.... To start with, for him and other senators to shamelessly throw their weight behind the trend of Nigerians holding wedding ceremonies in Dubai ( especially with our common wealth) is the height insensitivity and purposelessness of people like him... How many Togolese, Ghanaians,Cameroonians or even Nigeriens come to hold wedding ceremonies in Nigeria not to talk of their leaders flocking in shamelessly to talk of who truncated democracy and what not?...... The Emirian people used their God's given oil to develop their country and people like senator Smart are comfortably partying there with tax-payers' money but if i may ask, what are they (Smart and co) doing with the proceeds of our own oil?

Again for Smart and his colleagues in the National Assembly to approve 900 billion naira for security just to curb insurgence by some caused by some illiterates called Boko-haram is ridiculous. Are we fighting a world-war? How much did Smart and his Colleagues approve for the employed youths in the country? I personally don't support the candidature of Buhari because of his age and for the fact he sometimes talk as if he is sympathetic to Boko-Haram however Buhari stands should-high if compared to the kind of leadership PDP has provided for Nigeria in the past fourteen years. The Man leading Senator Smart in the Senate (Mark) was once a Military dictator and he has no problem working with him and other retire generals in the house but Tinubu committed sacrilege by working with Buhari..... And some persons are already praising the Hypocrite as another Hero simply because he turned what was meant to be a wedding ceremony to a political Rally

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
mapet: Egbon,

I'm so happy that you've gone down history lane to put the facts on NL. It is even more appalling that the youths of nowadays on NL are either naive and ignorant, or intellectualy lazy to go read history. They largely depend on regurgitating twisted facts that is sold to you on social media and internet.

The days of Shagari was corruption matched with ethnic and religious polarization. Was it not during that period you must belong to the muslim north or else you stand no chance of getting appointments and contracts. This led many compromised southerners to resort to changing their names, and wearing babariga and cap was the order of the day.

This was a perid where there was wanton indiscipline in the society, that made Buhari and Idiagbon to introduce WAI (War Against Indiscipline). Those days you dare not defeacate or unrinate by road side, you dare not drop waste on the road and you queue up at public places.

The issue of the proscription of the media was unfortunate. Some of the media men were compromised by the politicians and the no-nonsense military clamped them both the innocent and the guilty

People are quick to forget that this was the first regime that publicly committed to paying our external debt and on a montly basis. This came about when the theiving politicians will collect foreign loans to prosecute projects that hardly left the proposal paper and the loans took flight into private pockets and Swiss Banks.

Really those of us that were around then, celebrated GMB-Idiagbon govt especially the dedication to stamp out corruption and wage war against indicipline.

Fast forward to today, some idiots type rubbish. Smart Adeyemi is just doing his master's (Jonathan's) work in attacking Buhari. And why are we getting over ourselves. APC has not said Buhari is the presidential Candidate yet.

U got it spot on Bro! Wat I noticed is dat newpaper n social media propaganda can b used 2 make or mar pipo's reputation in dis age n times

We all av refused to acknowledge dat almost all d newspaper houses we av now av vested interest n editorial leanings.dats y if dey project a news or personality,we shd b open-minded to sift d facts frm d bogus n character assasinating junk dey want 2 force down our throat wily-nilly

Dats y I always make it a point of duty 2 always dip in2 d recess of our history in oda 2 juxtapose it wt wat we presently av wt a view to letting d youths kno dat we av hd a glorious past b4(not all regimes sha)

So 2day's celebration of tokenism is very appaling
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by thelastPope(m): 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
All this frantic attempts by some Buhari azzlickers to justify the 1983 is just laughable! It can never change history. The facts are always there for all to see. Buhari was a bigot that particpated in on of the first big corruption in Nigeria. He never at anytime fought corruption. So take your weak defense to the river side and wash away your sycophancy with clean water... grin

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by klax(m): 4:49pm On Jun 18, 2013
gbanikiti: Can you imagine the calibre of people who trooped to Dubai for a wedding by Nigerians? Waste of tax payers money! smh. angry

You have really said it all, by the way the new couple are they from UAE? Or is UAE now the real thing for this so called jobless things "who are tagged who is who in Nigeria"? Sometime when a man grow to 40 years of age and still pooh on his body that is just the case of all these so called opportunity missed road of a thing in Nigeria that suffering from complxity syndrome.

Now is Dubai this Dubai that but their own country is no longer good for them or enough for them and I dont know how many time the big and the mighty of Dubai or whatever has ever come to Nigeria in such numbers to make show of themselves in public, very very soon the authority of Dubai will ban them and begin to embarrasse them then they would know when you are not proud of what you have you will be insulted to be proud of it at then end.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by slimghost(m): 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
~Bluetooth:

It's also a bigger shame to know that Ty Danjuma,Obasanjo and Babangida who aslo truncate democracy during their own time are proud members of the PDP.I wish Tinubu had replied that mo'r'on instead of walking out.

Well maybe being silent may be the best option when confronted with an hypocratic Bootlicker !

But these 3 are not sucking Buhari's cock. Are they? You are a very dull boy.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Longeria(m): 4:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
Now na morning. I pity some southerners who are following Bola Ahmed Tinubu ( BAT) sheepishly to slaughter slab ( Arewa people's council) APC. I urge Jonathan to be steadfast in service to the Nation, when the chips are down everything about this country will be decided once and for all.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by kaze4blues(m): 5:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
To you all taking a swipe @ tinubu for not replying smart adeyemi, I tell you....

Silence is the best answer for a fool.

It would be stupid for asiwaju to stoop so low to the extent of trading words with smart adeyemi. That should be the work of elrufai.

A wedding ceremony should not be turned into a campaign arena.

Btw... Ever since smart adeyemi has been in the senate, what tangible thing has he done for his people and nigeria @ large.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
slimghost:

But these 3 are not sucking Buhari's cock. Are they? You are a very dull boy.

EVEN DULLER (SIC) YOU ARE, did you read the post with your brain intact before responding?
[img]http://ethicsalarms.files./2012/12/brainless-empty-open-head-screaming.jpg[/img]
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by akpomeme(m): 5:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
torkaka:

EVEN DULLER (SIC) YOU ARE, did you read the post with your brain intact before responding?
[img]http://ethicsalarms.files./2012/12/brainless-empty-open-head-screaming.jpg[/img]
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by drnoel: 5:44pm On Jun 18, 2013
whizkidd:
: I have an uncle in Abuja who chases contracts and is friends with all the PDP politicians and I can tell you that Buhari is their biggest fear. They will stop at nothing to keep him out of power because they know its game over for them if he becomes President.

Sorry but u will have to explain in more details. I have heard this before from an acquintance of mine who happens to work with the senate house as of a senior adviser on oil and gas sector but couldn't confirm it in details. I would appreciate it if u can explain further. Going down memory lane, i don't see what buhari did or has done that would ake him feared like that. If I rememeber correctly, it was idiagbo that was feared while Buhari them where in power. That was why the coup done to overthrow their government was planned while idiabgo was out of the country or was in Mecca.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Gbawe: 5:52pm On Jun 18, 2013
danny301: The man, senator Adeyemi sounded like a hypocrite.... To start with, for him and other senators to shamelessly throw their weight behind the trend of Nigerians holding wedding ceremonies in Dubai ( especially with our common wealth) is the height insensitivity and purposelessness of people like him... How many Togolese, Ghanaians,Cameroonians or even Nigeriens come to hold wedding ceremonies in Nigeria not to talk of their leaders flocking in shamelessly to talk of who truncated democracy and what not?...... The Emirian people used their God's given oil to develop their country and people like senator Smart are comfortably partying there with tax-payers' money but if i may ask, what are they (Smart and co) doing with the proceeds of our own oil?

Again for Smart and his colleagues in the National Assembly to approve 900 billion naira for security just to curb insurgence by some caused by some illiterates called Boko-haram is ridiculous. Are we fighting a world-war? How much did Smart and his Colleagues approve for the employed youths in the country? I personally don't support the candidature of Buhari because of his age and for the fact he sometimes talk as if he is sympathetic to Boko-Haram however Buhari stands should-high if compared to the kind of leadership PDP has provided for Nigeria in the past fourteen years. The Man leading Senator Smart in the Senate (Mark) was once a Military dictator and he has no problem working with him and other retire generals in the house but Tinubu committed sacrilege by working with Buhari..... And some persons are already praising the Hypocrite as another Hero simply because he turned what was meant to be a wedding ceremony to a political Rally

You made some good point but the part in bold is just uncharitable and I have read many proffer similar arguments here. We have to be careful, for whatever reason, encroaching on the rights of others. My Cousin and his wife chose to have their wedding in Barbados. He invited us and we attended and had a good time. I went with my wife and it cost us £5,000.00. I could have decided not to go but I did because I could afford it. I am no politician but I love my cousin and wanted to be there for him at a very historical point in his life.

If the couple want to marry in Dubai, it is their choice entirely. The fact that they are affiliated with Nigerian politicians does not make their desire to marry in Dubai wrong or open to the judgement of any of us. They will send out invitations accordingly. Those who can attend should attend. We have really got to be careful not to let the corrupt antics of our politicians turn us into judgementally unfair elements with no respect for the human rights of others. Nigerians, even if politicians, do not have to get married in Nigeria to prove anything to anyone since they are still entitled to private lives guided by private choices.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by usayab(m): 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
REHOZIBAH: Dis title of dis thread is sensational to say d least!

Occassions lyk dat r meant 4 throwing banters n conviviality!

D coup dat brought in Buhari served a purpose then n dat was to stem d corruption dat politicians of dat time wer flagrantly displaying

We were innudated wt nauseating display of affluence n iniquitous accumulation of wealth by politicians especially of d ruling class

Shagari d president was adjudged not to b dat corrupt but his weakness n refusal to reign in party members was his greatest undoing

Even civil servants were not left out! Then was d era of brown envelope! B4 u cud get anytyn done in govt circle,u av to tip off an official by packaging crisp naira notes in a brown envelope

Getting a contract approved was predicated on u having factored in a 10% extra cost on yr normal valuation

N dis was hampering d smooth running of govt! Nepotism n evri vice were @ dia infancy then n Nigerians were really complaining!

It was d indignation dat reckless lifestyle of d politician birthed in d military dat made Buhari n odas 2 chase d corrupt politicians away

A few months afta,d politicians aving accumulated a war-chest of money started mounting propaganda against d regime using d mass media capitalising on d regimes' excesses

IBB who aving studied dat Nigerians really do not hate corruption but wish to b part of it also took ova n really democratise corruption

Evri known enemies of (Buhari)govt were bought on-board thru indiscriminate award of contracts n d satanic SAP economic policy

Brown envelopes n 10% both disappeared leaving d stage 4 gross n undescribebable monumental corruption,people just collect mobilization fee of any contract n vamoose

In oda not 2b prosecuted,d contractor-politicians started hobnobbing wt d military

In a nutshell,it is not so simplistic to say Buhari truncated democracy if d 'ifs' n 'why's' are nt properly explained

4me evr action of each military ruler shd b dispassionately explained 2 situate dia place in history

Murtala n Buhari stil tower above evri military ruler dat Nigeria hs had.Gowon got tainted by his sit-tight antics n civil war

Back to Tinubu,I wud av bn agrieved dat Tinubu is hobnobbing wt Buhari if I ddnt kno d precedent of GMB as an anti-corruption crusader or his distaste of lascivious lifestyles of present day politicians

I subscribe to d need 2 completely change d course of dis country by progressive politicians wt Nigeria being dia focal point n not any ethno-religious connotation or colouration being deplored by d PDP

I adore GMB 4 d little he was able to achieve by whipping d then very corrupt politicians n business men including Dangote then cos Buhari remove d monopoly dat Dangote alone hd over importation of som food items

Several of d politicians Buhari moved against were even fellow northerners like Abdusamad,Mai Deribe n several odas not d 'Na my Brother' kind of politicians we av now

Its a known fact dat billions in import duty waivers were being granted 2 som business men who r major financiers of d govt in power

Who can 4get d ultimate monopoly Femi Otedola enjoyed in AGO importation 4 abt a year unda OBJ who gave him importation contract 4 all d diesel d whole of nigeria was consumming wc d young man now sub-contract to other major playas in d industry

You all don't kno dat monumental corruption emanates frm d leader dats y dey can neva fight corruption

Malabu,Halliburton n several hideous corruption scandals r 2 numerous 2 mention

4me as a Yoruba man,Xtian n highly detribalised,nobody can taint General Muhammadu Buhari in my view cos dis man is d demon dat our ruling elites fear

Its only we d youths dat I am afraid for cos d corrupt elites av almost succeded in twisting our history since most of u probably were not born until d 90s hence d social media av bn used to whip of grand hatred against people who ordinarily shd b our heroes

Dey did it to Gani Fawehinmi who pipo even later said was looking 4 cheap publicity owing to his incessant cries n activism against d corrupt n entrenched establishment

Gani later tried his hands in politics,d propanganda machinery stil said 'd best activists r not always d best leaders n dat Gani shd b content wt being just a human right crusader'

Anytime I see u all fighting yrslf on d basis of religion,ethnicity I always weep within me cos corruption,sleaze,n visionless leadership dosnt kno Hausa,Igbo nor Yoruba
we need people like You in Nairaland, PDP disturbs us too much here in NL in the name of tribalism and religeous differences. But let's pray: "may God do to smart and his supporter what Gel is doing for Nigeria". Amen!
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by meforyou1(m): 6:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
Tinubu is leader of ACN. In what capacity exctly? National Chairman?
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by meforyou1(m): 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2013
Instead of blaming GEJ for spending 900 billion naira to reign in the boko bastard terrorists, why not blame buhari, atiku, tinubu and other northern bigmen who sponsor the terrorists with undisclosed billions of naira?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by usayab(m): 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2013
Silence is the best answer to the fool.smart is smart, El_Rufai is smarter and Tinibu is smartest!
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by abacus(m): 6:29pm On Jun 18, 2013
Tinubu reacts.. News spread "Tinubu distrupt wedding in dubai" etc..

Smart Adeyemi believes he's smart, one day that smartness will put in trouble. Building hotels with money you looted from democracy, is that not also a threat to that democracy?

All the hotels own in Ilorin and Kogi were they built during your NUJ days? Why wont you protect corruption? Very soon, Nigerian will realise people like you are worst than Farouk. Time is ticking....
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by donem: 7:11pm On Jun 18, 2013

D coup dat brought in Buhari served a purpose then n dat was to stem d corruption dat politicians of dat time wer flagrantly displaying

We were innudated wt nauseating display of affluence n iniquitous accumulation of wealth by politicians especially of d ruling class

Shagari d president was adjudged not to b dat corrupt but his weakness n refusal to reign in party members was his greatest undoing

Even civil servants were not left out! Then was d era of brown envelope! B4 u cud get anytyn done in govt circle,u av to tip off an official by packaging crisp naira notes in a brown envelope

Getting a contract approved was predicated on u having factored in a 10% extra cost on yr normal valuation

N dis was hampering d smooth running of govt! Nepotism n evri vice were @ dia infancy then n Nigerians were really complaining!

It was d indignation dat reckless lifestyle of d politician birthed in d military dat made Buhari n odas 2 chase d corrupt politicians away

A few months afta,d politicians aving accumulated a war-chest of money started mounting propaganda against d regime using d mass media capitalising on d regimes' excesses

IBB who aving studied dat Nigerians really do not hate corruption but wish to b part of it also took ova n really democratise corruption

Evri known enemies of (Buhari)govt were bought on-board thru indiscriminate award of contracts n d satanic SAP economic policy

Brown envelopes n 10% both disappeared leaving d stage 4 gross n undescribebable monumental corruption,people just collect mobilization fee of any contract n vamoose

In oda not 2b prosecuted,d contractor-politicians started hobnobbing wt d military

In a nutshell,it is not so simplistic to say Buhari truncated democracy if d 'ifs' n 'why's' are nt properly explained

4me evr action of each military ruler shd b dispassionately explained 2 situate dia place in history

Murtala n Buhari stil tower above evri military ruler dat Nigeria hs had.Gowon got tainted by his sit-tight antics n civil war

Back to Tinubu,I wud av bn agrieved dat Tinubu is hobnobbing wt Buhari if I ddnt kno d precedent of GMB as an anti-corruption crusader or his distaste of lascivious lifestyles of present day politicians

I subscribe to d need 2 completely change d course of dis country by progressive politicians wt Nigeria being dia focal point n not any ethno-religious connotation or colouration being deplored by d PDP

I adore GMB 4 d little he was able to achieve by whipping d then very corrupt politicians n business men including Dangote then cos Buhari remove d monopoly dat Dangote alone hd over importation of som food items

Several of d politicians Buhari moved against were even fellow northerners like Abdusamad,Mai Deribe n several odas not d 'Na my Brother' kind of politicians we av now

Its a known fact dat billions in import duty waivers were being granted 2 som business men who r major financiers of d govt in power

Who can 4get d ultimate monopoly Femi Otedola enjoyed in AGO importation 4 abt a year unda OBJ who gave him importation contract 4 all d diesel d whole of nigeria was consumming wc d young man now sub-contract to other major playas in d industry

You all don't kno dat monumental corruption emanates frm d leader dats y dey can neva fight corruption

4me as a Yoruba man,Xtian n highly detribalised,nobody can taint General Muhammadu Buhari in my view cos dis man is d demon dat our ruling elites fear

Its only we d youths dat I am afraid for cos d corrupt elites av almost succeded in twisting our history since most of u probably were not born until d 90s hence d social media av bn used to whip of grand hatred against people who ordinarily shd b our heroes

Dey did it to Gani Fawehinmi who pipo even later said was looking 4 cheap publicity owing to his incessant cries n activism against d corrupt n entrenched establishment

Gani later tried his hands in politics,d propanganda machinery stil said 'd best activists r not always d best leaders n dat Gani shd b content wt being just a human right crusader'

Anytime I see u all fighting yrslf on d basis of religion,ethnicity I always weep within me cos corruption,sleaze,n visionless leadership dosnt kno Hausa,Igbo nor Yoruba
I doff ma hat to the writer of this article. But i still disagree on the aspect of Buhari, to be frank Buhari mean no good towards the political development of Nigeria, his close romance with the boko-haram sect while they held sway in some northern states turned off his chance of ever rulling Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by Shine1177: 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
The report says Tinubu was elated when Senator Smart was eulogizing him and he did not feel bad that they were not in a political gathering but when he got to the question aspect Asiwaju felt bad because he was caught napping.

If Tinubu was happy that an opposition Party man was praising him at a wedding reception and he did not feel bad about it why are people finding it hard to take that he was asked a salient question? If Smart Adeyemi ended at only showering praises on him, opposition party newspapers would have gone to town with a front page news of how a PDP man confimed Tinubu as the Asiwaju of Yorubaland politics. These people are hyprocrite!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by flexrivers(m): 8:09pm On Jun 18, 2013
PointB:

And this is quite interesting. Not everyone one buys the 'cluesless, corrupt' theory, at least Smart people don't!
I guess u also think yourself as smart
Re: Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari by tblackE61(m): 8:31pm On Jun 18, 2013

Uv said it all brooo #nice 1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lead Us To Sambisa Forest, Danjuma Tells Jonathan / Obasanjo Currently Meeting With Buhari Inside Aso Rock / 2023: PDP Governors Kick As Atiku Plans To Retain Peter Obi As Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.