Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Prophecy Against Us Getting Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Prophecy Against Us Getting Married (3739 Views)

7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married / What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? / Prophecy And Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Jaywon242(m): 7:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
Am in a 2 year plus relationship with a 25 year old lady..am 31,however.we had d plan to do introduction in May,but we had to postpone it because of some kind of vision from a prophet to her mother. Our problem started again when another vision was seen for her by another prophet who she claims,doesn't even know her. They told her dat we re good for each other but dat d future btw us looks dark..dat our days together doesn't look good...dat we re likely to ve problems in future..she's d best woman I ve ever known..her parents too are so so loving..she has been crying since dis was made known to her..she has refused to eat and she even used an overdose of a sleeping drug..her parents seem to believe in such prophecies a lot..I dnt know what to do..I really love nd she also loves me a lot...lest I forget,she attends a white garment church,which her parents also attend while I am a member of a Pentecostal church...
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 17, 2013
Jaywon242: Am in a 2 year plus relationship with a 25 year old lady..am 31,however.we had d plan to do introduction in May,but we had to postpone it because of some kind of vision from a prophet to her mother. Our problem started again when another vision was seen for her by another prophet who she claims,doesn't even know her. They told her dat we re good for each other but dat d future btw us looks dark..dat our days together doesn't look good...dat we re likely to ve problems in future..she's d best woman I ve ever known..her parents too are so so loving..she has been crying since dis was made known to her..she has refused to eat and she even used an overdose of a sleeping drug..her parents seem to believe in such prophecies a lot..I dnt know what to do..I really love nd she also loves me a lot...lest I forget,she attends a white garment church,which her parents also attend while I am a member of a Pentecostal church...

Not sure whether to laugh or cry, that practically describes every marriage, infact the prophet said nothing at all, it is dark because it is something that can't be predicted and also which married couples don't have problems in the future, sometimes i love Religion, a powerful tool.

2 Likes

Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by k2039: 7:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
If you believe in prophesies, don't go ahead.
If you don't believe in prophesies, then go ahead
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
Instead of going to these Prophets, you and her should start doing your own praying.
The prophets didn't tell you anything you don't already know.
No marriage out there is perfect nor problem-free.
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Jaywon242(m): 8:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
Yield: Instead of going to these Prophets, you and her should start doing your own praying.
The prophets didn't tell you anything you don't already know.
No marriage out there is perfect nor problem-free.
according to her, d prophet said she's going to face tough times in d marriage and dat if she rushes in,she will also rush out..and she didn't go to meet the prophets..dey re prophets from anoda branch of their church...and she doesn't want to go against d word of God and dat of her parents...
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 17, 2013
Jaywon242: according to her, d prophet said she's going to face [b]tough times in d marriage [/b]and dat if she rushes in,she will also rush out..and she didn't go to meet the prophets..dey re prophets from anoda branch of their church...and she doesn't want to go against d word of God and dat of her parents...
Everyone faces tough times in the marriage, prophets never give specific advices because they don't see anything but however yes she shouldn't rush (that's also common sense too), you can't rush into marriage, i think you should just pray personally and advice her to do the same and ignore all these so-called "prophets".
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
Jaywon242: according to her, d prophet said she's going to face tough times in d marriage and dat if she rushes in,she will also rush out..and she didn't go to meet the prophets..dey re prophets from anoda branch of their church...and she doesn't want to go against d word of God and dat of her parents...

Are you both rushing into marriage? If you rush into a marriage, that's not a good thing, duh.
The things they're telling you are general and common-sense-type of information. Did they tell her the specific problems that would occur in her marriage or did they simply say "you're likely to have problems", "you will face tough times?" ..etc. All I'm saying is she should just to think more carefully and do her own praying; you as well. Both of you can talk to God yourselves and do your own seeking. Ask Him to help you decide what to do. After both of you do that, if you think you should part, then part. If you think you should stay together, then stay together. All I'm saying is don't just rely on what some Prophets said, especially when those things can be applied to any marriage out there.
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Jaywon242(m): 8:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
Yield:

Are you both rushing into marriage? If you rush into a marriage, that's not a good thing, duh.
The things they're telling you are general and common-sense-type of information. Did they tell her the specific problems that would occur in her marriage or did they simply say "you're likely to have problems", "you will face tough times?" ..etc. All I'm saying is she should just to think more carefully and do her own praying; you as well. Both of you can talk to God yourselves and do your own seeking. Ask Him to help you decide what to do. After both of you do that, if you think you should part, then part. If you think you should stay together, then stay together. All I'm saying is don't just rely on what some Prophets said, especially when those things can be applied to any marriage out there.
thanks a lot for ur advice..I don't think getting married after 2 years of courtship can be termed rushing..buh she's nt fully ready cos she just finishd nysc a few mnths ago..she just wantd to give in to my request of doing intro cos she loves me,b4 all dese Visions came into being.the prophet said death of one of the partners could occur.
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
Jaywon242: thanks a lot for ur advice..I don't think getting married after 2 years of courtship can be termed rushing..buh she's nt fully ready cos she just finishd nysc a few mnths ago..she just wantd to give in to my request of doing intro cos she loves me,b4 all dese Visions came into being.the prophet said death of one of the partners could occur.

Only God knows when we die or not, and to be quite frank, who isn't death sure for ? undecided unless they specified the manner of death, as far am concerned its an assurance for us, but though i think you need to know who these prophets are, it could be her parents don't like you and are coming up with story or it could be the real deal, like i said, its something you got to pray about. i wish you all the best on your path.
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by greedie1(f): 7:59am On Jun 18, 2013
Rubbish!!!!
if atall its true, the future isn't engraved in concrete. Get on ur knees and tell God u want a beautiful future wit the lady, HE should make it happen!!!

He will make it happen.

1 Like

Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 18, 2013
Jaywon242: Am in a 2 year plus relationship with a 25 year old lady..am 31,however.we had d plan to do introduction in May,but we had to postpone it because of some kind of vision from a prophet to her mother. Our problem started again when another vision was seen for her by another prophet who she claims,doesn't even know her. They told her dat we re good for each other but dat d future btw us looks dark..dat our days together doesn't look good...dat we re likely to ve problems in future..she's d best woman I ve ever known..her parents too are so so loving..she has been crying since dis was made known to her..she has refused to eat and she even used an overdose of a sleeping drug..her parents seem to believe in such prophecies a lot..I dnt know what to do..I really love nd she also loves me a lot...lest I forget,she attends a white garment church,which her parents also attend while I am a member of a Pentecostal church...

lipsrsealed
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Mynd44: 8:55am On Jun 18, 2013
**whistling**....

If I were the OP, I would be more worried that the womanizer looking around for prophets and what nots. And the fact that she has such an influence on her daughter is scary.

What if when you marry she decides her daughter should so with her to do some "consultations" maybe then it won't be a prophet.

1 Like

Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by buklan4realyah(f): 9:37am On Jun 18, 2013
My dear brother, i will advice u to calm down first, take ur time in serious prayer
wot dey are telling u might b true. talk to God ursef, confirm dat if u both go into marriage
wot dose future holds for u...... this is a serious matter ooo. if some of our parent did this in dere
own time, we d children wont b suffering oo. it takes d GRACE OF GOD.
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 18, 2013
thou shall not be on equal yoke with unbeliver.
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by abedoyin: 10:35am On Jun 18, 2013
Don't let us liken dis to b d cause of suffering,The true cause of suffering is the Nigeria Government
From comments above,No marriage is perfect,dre will surly b probs.Try to key to the scriptures, pray and even give each oda a break because U̶̲̥̅̊ nw av a registered mind,it takes d grace of God to wipe it out.But my advice is dat,if the girl in question refuse to continue the relationship,for ur own good dnt force.
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by adconline(m): 11:55am On Jun 18, 2013
Why don't you guys go and buy a lottery ticket, then go and ask these prophets the winning numbers, if they get it right, believe in their prophesy, if they get it wrong-- most def-- don't pay them any attention.'
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Mynd44: 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2013
adconline: Why don't you guys go and buy a lottery ticket, then go and ask these prophets the winning numbers, if they get it right, believe in their prophesy, if they get it wrong-- most def-- don't pay them any attention.'
If that can be done, do you think the prophets will still be giving messages?
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Truckpusher(m): 12:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
What where you expecting when young peeps like you and your gf goes to those crazy places to be brainwashed?......smh
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by MyDiva(f): 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2013
@Op, y nt talk to ur pastor? I think he cn counsel u since he hs spiritual insight more dan u do
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by adconline(m): 12:45pm On Jun 18, 2013
Mynd_44:
If that can be done, do you think the prophets will still be giving messages?

That's why they're preying on gullible folks!
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Mynd44: 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
adconline:

That's why they preying on gullible folks!
Na thief work na
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Jaywon242(m): 9:03pm On Jun 18, 2013
Truckpusher: What where you expecting when young peeps like you and your gf goes to those crazy places to be brainwashed?......smh
we didnt go anywhere to be brainwashed. The prophet in question came to their church because they ve a programme. It was then he started seeing visions and saying all what he said.And her mother is the spiritual leader of the church. The prophet didnt even know who she was until they told him she's the daughter of the spiritual head of the church
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Jaywon242(m): 9:07pm On Jun 18, 2013
MyDiva: @Op, y nt talk to ur pastor? I think he cn counsel u since he hs spiritual insight more dan u do
that's exactly what i will do. As far as i am concerned, i wld still ve gone ahead but the lady needs a lot of spiritual convincing b4 she would be able to agree. She's been crying her eyes out and not been eating for days...so painful
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Jaywon242(m): 9:10pm On Jun 18, 2013
abedoyin: Don't let us liken dis to b d cause of suffering,The true cause of suffering is the Nigeria Government
From comments above,No marriage is perfect,dre will surly b probs.Try to key to the scriptures, pray and even give each oda a break because U̶̲̥̅̊ nw av a registered mind,it takes d grace of God to wipe it out.But my advice is dat,if the girl in question refuse to continue the relationship,for ur own good dnt force.

exactly,the grace of God. They told her if she refuses to heed the word of God, that she shld be ready to face the consequences when they come.
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by omogeyoyo(f): 1:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
I think it is high time we christian folks started to know what being a christian is, to me i think being a christian is being christlike, So my broda i will suggest u become a christian and do what christ will do if he was to be face with such a scenerio. pick up your bible and get instructions, directions and promises that God made to us his children, and by so doing you both will have a more tear free life. as for me they have not born that prophet that will come and tell me to do or not to do what is not in the bible. please wise up spiritually so u can stop taking shit from the devil.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by djgrafiti(m): 10:20am On Oct 13, 2015
@Op prophecying is norm to white garment churches,some of dem can't even take a simple decision without consultations and sometimes these prophets speak out of religious or tribal sentiments or common sense...for the fact that u are not one of dem (white garment church) might be part of d reason for the prophecies ...dnt be surprised if the mom has a hand in it too,i may be wrong though...Just follow ur heart no marriage is perfect and no matter who u marry problems abound.#Isgrafiti

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by donephi(m): 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
omogeyoyo:
I think it is high time we christian folks started to know what being a christian is, to me i think being a christian is being christlike, So my broda i will suggest u become a christian and do what christ will do if he was to be face with such a scenerio. pick up your bible and get instructions, directions and promises that God made to us his children, and by so doing you both will have a more tear free life. as for me they have not born that prophet that will come and tell me to do or not to do what is not in the bible. please wise up spiritually so u can stop taking shit from the devil.
wow! What a great insight
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by ednut1(m): 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
Nonsense. D prophet wants her or wants to gv sum1 else. Believe those randy white garmet scammers at ur peril o
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by gebest: 7:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
if i were u i carry okada and escape from the relationship, a broken relationship is beta dan a broken marriage, am a living witness, i refuse to obey the voice of God cos of big ass,? today am payin dearly for it, so my brother dont try it.

1 Like

Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by austine4real(m): 7:54am On Mar 13, 2017
omogeyoyo:

happy birthday to u

long life n prosperity many happy returns
Re: Prophecy Against Us Getting Married by Jodha(f): 9:37am On Mar 13, 2017
Hmm..

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Win A Girl Back After A Bad Break Up - Tips That Will Help You / There Is So Much Hungry Girls Nowadays / He Says He Wants Me But He Never Keeps In Touch. help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.