Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Prophecy And Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Prophecy And Relationships (16040 Views)

Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Domestic Violence And Relationships / Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophecy And Relationships by Godmother(f): 10:55am On Nov 04, 2011
I saw this on facebook and I though of sharing it here. I have had a personal experience, though mine didnt result in marriage. Iwonder why people use prophets at all.

Before I got married to my wife, I consulted a prophet in our church. He was so excited; he wanted us to get married quickly because according to him,
Oyin is the perfect woman for me. God created her with me on his mind! He said we were going to enjoy our marriage, be very rich and receive favor from every angle. He also said we will be envied by many people. I was so excited on hearing that and 10 years ago, I got married to my wife. Though we are not poor, we are not rich either. She is full of troubles and many times I wonder if we were to be married in the first place.

My own case is serious said Tinu, my mother visited a prophet when my relationship with Dare became serious. We were going to be successful and happy together she reported. She told me the prophet said I couldn’t have married anybody better than Dare. That was 5 years ago. We had 2 children and 4 weeks ago we had an accident and I lost my husband and 2 children. I am lucky to be alive. Can God be this wicked?

As for me said Jide, I’m happy with my marriage. I married my wife 20 years ago after consulting a prophet. The prophet said we were going places together. He said we will be happy together and true to his words, great things have happened since we got married. 3 months into our wedding, I bought my first car from the proceeds of a contract I didn’t believe I could get. 5 years into our wedding, we both tried visa lottery and my wife’s was picked. We have been living in the US for 14 years now with our 3 kids. My wife wasn’t even top on my priority list but for the prophet who insisted she was God’s choice for me. She is not even half as beautiful or educated as Shade who I would have married. Shade’s husband died 5 years into their wedding and I’m wondering if that could have been me! I give all glory to God.

I had 3 guys asking me out then, said Bukola. The one I didn’t like at all is the one the prophet chose when my mother went to consult. I was going to have a happy marriage with him she said. Though my husband is trying his best and really loves me, I don’t love him at all and I have been sleeping outside marriage! I am really sorry for this but I just want to make myself happy once a while.
Hmmm, these are true life stories as said by the people involved. We have only changed the names to protect their privacy.

Now let’s get talking. What is the role of prophecy in a relationship? Do you leave the fate of your marriage/happiness in the hands of a prophet? If things go wrong, will you sue the prophet? Is visiting the prophet really worth it?.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 04, 2011
As far as the prophet did not come to me like in the days of Moses without knowing me and i dont know him and telling me that God wants me to marry this person,  am not contacting any prophet when marrying, enough of this confusions
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by bizmogule(m): 11:36am On Nov 04, 2011
Well I have heard a lot of people talk about this. Even my Dad insists on seeking the face of God to know if you are compartible. Well I know a couple my Dad fixed and on the outside I don't think they have issues. Just maybe or maybe not, I also know a young man whose Pastor told him not to marry his wife, he went on and married her, she became so ill after their second baby, they kept on going to the hospital spending lots of money, well she later died.

I know of another couple that were fixed according to God's plan, but the woman is stark illiterate and her mentality is so wack, so does not know how to take care of a man and its a problem, the man is just dying in silence.

So it is a two way thing, while it is good to pray it is better for the couple to understand each other no d only way be that. If you like let Holy spirit talk 1million times, if the couples don't work on themselves they are bound to have issues.

Dats my 2 cents
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by delpee(f): 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2011
Its wise to seek the face of God on your own since you cant ever know the mind of a prophet. God speaks to us individually if we learn to listen.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by ayzree: 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2011
Alatise lo mo atise are e
If u like go see a prophet if u like dont, it depends on u,bt i need u to understand dat most things should be settled spiritually before engaging in it in the physical. Shikenah
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2011
What delpee said smiley
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by claremont(m): 12:47pm On Nov 04, 2011
That still, small voice religious people hear in their heads is actually not different from the voices lunatics hear in their heads as well.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by pendo89(f): 12:56pm On Nov 04, 2011
He has no role in a relationship but if you want to make him part of your life then thats your problem.
Consult the prophet a your own risk.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Cuddlemii: 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2011
Yes prophets are been consulted when it comes to marriage and relationships. I think mostly those white garment church people, Muslim Clerics also known as Alfas etc. But not pastors from Christian churches as those ones just pray, do counseling for couples, they don't see any danger or warn people as long as a member of the congregation is getting married. I don't know if these pastors don't want to scatter the union or they don't have the abilities to see beyond.

Now what those prophets do is that they check if both parties are compatible, if they will bear kids, if there would be sufficient funds to cater for the 2 & their life span as in if they will live longer together.

I think for Muslim Clerics also known as Alfas, those ones do calculations with numbers generated from the couples names, date of birth etc to see if the couples fit into water, fire & wind. For example, water shuts down fire so if a guy is fire and a girl is water, there would always be issues. So basically, couples consult these people so as to know if they are being played or the relationship would lead to marriage blah blah blah.

The ones that take pictures all over the place to secure their relationship that is usually chaotic or catastrophic in nature as it has evil intentions and there would always be repercussions. Some even go as far as bewitching or locking or jazzing men, that usually gets expired later when families of the guy starts asking questions or decide to find their own root to nullify the juju.

Some claim prophecies have worked for them, I still prefer the ones where you are walking and someone tells you you would be great or you would make it or you would be a doctor,and you say, "thank you and walk away at least that is positive & to your own advancement not like you went searching for greener pastures or a hubby".

I would say all those prophecies for marriages don't work, many have been exploited & chosen the wrong partner due to mis match or bad pairing. The best is you own intuition, your relationship with God & your abilities to risk & manage situations.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by kabasa77(m): 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2011
The Bible says He that Finds a wife (and a husband) finds a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord, So the finding is entirely your responsibility and not that of one Prophet, The last time God tried finding a wife for man resulted in the fall of man in Eden, So its entirely your call
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by kabasa77(m): 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2011
claremont:

That still, small voice religious people hear in their heads is actually not different from the voices lunatics hear in their heads as well.
shocked angry
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by room702(m): 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2011
claremont:

gba o
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by pendo89(f): 1:35pm On Nov 04, 2011
why are people shocked? Thats claremont for you.
lol kabasa is really mad.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 04, 2011
My Ex prophesied that i would die, Looool am still chilling 4 death though. Somfin wey MFM don shift+delete the prophesy, But i still like d babe sha. She said it outta concern  grin
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2011
kabasa77:

The Bible says He that Finds a wife (and a husband) finds a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord, So the finding is entirely your responsibility and not that of one Prophet, The last time God tried finding a wife for man resulted in the fall of man in Eden, So its entirely your call
i agree.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by dinah777: 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2011
Its entirely your choice who you marry,you should meditate on good counsel and pray without sentiments while @it.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by omega25red(m): 1:52pm On Nov 04, 2011
The only positive i see in all this is the so called prophets are at least giving them good news about the possibility of them being happy. Now the rest lies with the couples if they choose to work hard on their relationship and not just sit around waiting for bread to fall from heaven because someone said they will be rich and happy.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by ochukoccna: 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2011
@ OP, Yeah a pastor or spiritually sensitive brethren may pray along with you if you decide so yet the ultimate is that you are the one to make your choice
That's why God gave you a regenerated spirit
Commune with Him and take responsibility for your life instead of shifting it to another
Also a true prophet will reveal God's mind to you not impose it on you, Very very important
Recall Agabus' prophecy to Paul about what awaited him in Jerusalem was chains and tribulations. While he told him God's mind, he never told him not to go unlike others who perceived the same and told him not to.

@ all, I don't believe in prophesy, I believe in resonance between my spirit and hers
No just follow fine face & deep pockets make your choice maritally
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by amefi(m): 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2011
[b]It is very important to note that there are true and false prophets/prophetesses all over the place. It takes the leading of God to know which is which. So meeting the true prophets of God starts from you, unless you are just lucky enough to meet the right and true ones. If you are having a good relationship with God, He will lead you in your choice of relationship and ultimately marriage (PSALM37:23).

Be that as it may, if you believe in your prophet, you will receive the reward of your prophet. Prophecies from men of God are always true and have a doing attached to them. If a prophet tells you that this is what God has purposed for you, just make sure first and foremost, you believe him, and thereafter, pray to God to honour His word from His prophet. And you must do your part (Exodus23:25-26). Prophecies could become null and void if you derail from the leading of God. If you begin to live a careless life. living in sins (Romans 6:1), and then expect God to have mercy on you. I tell you, the good prophecies the men of God have given you will grow wings and fly far away from you and evil prophecies will now come in as substitutes since nature does not allow vacuum.

If you must enjoy the prophecies given you by true men of God you must adhere strictly to the rules and regulations of the Game. You must be born again, live a holy spirit filled life, read and meditates on God's words (Joshua 1:8 ), be charitable and above all, win souls for Christ (Proverbs11:30). [/b]

LET HIM/HER THAT HAS EARS HEAR!
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by slimyem: 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2011
i once had a boyf whose mum went to seek a prophet's advice about us.prphet said we would be good together and bla,bla.Stoooory!long and short,i broke up with the guy two years ago.why?he's no where near the kind of man i hope and plan to marry.
No prophet can be the determinant of my happiness.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by MrsChima1(f): 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2011
Amefi, How is your church going?   lipsrsealed

The verse "he that findeth a wife, findeth a good thing obtain favors of the Lord"  doesn't mean a man that goes out side and grabs the first woman he lays his eyes on and the Lord favors it.  It means while seeking for the wife, the man in himself is under the influence of God which is a good thing.

According to your bible, a man is the head of household and his master is God.  If he is not serving God then the union is not in good favors of the Lord.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by amefi(m): 2:12pm On Nov 04, 2011
slimyem:

i once had a boyf whose mum went to seek a prophet's advice about us.prphet said we would be good together and bla,bla.Stoooory!long and short,i broke up with the guy two years ago.why?he's no where near the kind of man i hope and plan to marry.
No prophet can be the determinant of my happiness.

Do you know God can turn his life around and surpass your imaginations? 'My friend, if you dont put coins in a machine you cant get its jackpot'.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by komek(m): 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2011
@ claremont.u just made me laugh 4 a very lng time.

I dont y pple take such issues 2 a prophet ,meanwhile this something u can do by ursef,
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Fancier(f): 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2011
delpee:

Its wise to seek the face of God on your own since you cant ever know the mind of a prophet. God speaks to us individually if we learn to listen.

WELL SAID cool cool cool

claremont:

Could this be from experience lipsrsealed
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by amefi(m): 2:21pm On Nov 04, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Amefi, How is your church going?   lipsrsealed

The verse "he that findeth a wife, findeth a good thing obtain favors of the Lord"  doesn't mean a man that goes out side and grabs the first woman he lays his eyes on and the Lord favors it.  It means while seeking for the wife, the man in himself is under the influence of God which is a good thing.  

According to your bible, a man is the head of household and his master is God.  If he is not serving God then the union is not in good favors of the Lord. 

Mrs Chichi,  The Church of God is marching on and the gates of hades shall not prevail (Matthew 16:18).

How are you doing tho? Miss you loads.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by MrsChima1(f): 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2011
amefi:

Mrs Chichi,  Church of God is marching on and the gates of hades shall not prevail.

How are you doing tho? Miss you loads.

You do? What's the catch? shocked
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by brainpulse: 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2011
Wheather Good or Bad, true or false prophesy the success and survival of any relationship depends on the Hardwork, faith and sincerity of the 2 players involved and determination for things to work.

My mother also came with something like that, she said the prophet said bla bla with the lady i am dating, and i told her if the prophet said so, that the prophet should tell me what happened to me 5years ago at so so date, and the name of the lady i will eventually marry to. Up to tommorrow the prophet had no clue to those questions, maybe his god is still on sabbatical leave.

Our parrents have some erroneous beliefs that has put them into perpetual indolent bondage and this has caused alot of sadness into the lives of so many in relationships and marriages.

Funny enough the so call prophets don't have a stable home, there children wayward and not married and etc.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by amefi(m): 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

You do?  What's the catch?   shocked

Yes i do. You have always been my best even when i pretended to hate you on several occasions. Pls 4gv me.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Orikinla(m): 2:38pm On Nov 04, 2011
#1. I BEWARE OF PEOPLE WHO CONSULT SPIRITUALISTS. SPIRITUALISM IS EVIL IN MOST CASES.
#2. I WILL NEVER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANYONE WHO TAKES MY NAME TO CONSULT ANY SPIRITUALIST POSING AS A "PROPHET".

The lady I really love was with me in Lagos before she went to Abuja and later agreed to return to me. But she told me that she needs to do special one week fasting and praying before coming and I have agreed with her. And I hope this "special fasting and praying" does not mean taking my name to any spiritualist.

Our destinies are not in the stars
But in our own hands.

~ Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by MrsChima1(f): 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2011
amefi:

Yes i do. You have always been my best even when i pretended to hate you on several occasions. Pls 4gv me.

[size=22pt]Please hate me!!! Noooooooooo! cry cry cry cry cry[/size]
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by amefi(m): 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

[size=22pt]Please hate me!!! Noooooooooo! cry cry cry cry cry[/size]

Our Lord's prayers- forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by strongguy(m): 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2011
Let God decide 4 u,it s about meeting the right people(Gods prophet)there are so many bad ones out there looking for whom to devour.be careful to pray about it and let God direct u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Girl's Right Labia Minoria Is Longer Than The Left One. Help!! / WHY SO MUCH HATE AND BITTERNESS IN HERE. WHY? / Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.