Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Coming Like The Flood - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coming Like The Flood (714 Views)

Non-jewish Peoples/religions Knew Of The Flood / Biodiversity And Species Distribution, How Does It Fit With The Flood Neotic? / Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coming Like The Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
Coming Like the Flood
June 18, 2013

"So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him" (Isaiah 59:19).

The great enemy of our souls "the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour" (1 Peter 5:8.). Yet he can also be "transformed into an angel of light," and so can "his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness" (2 Corinthians 11:14-15). He and his ministers are perhaps most dangerous when most deceptive, quoting Scripture and spiritual sentiments in a superficial show of piety, yet distorting the "Scriptures, unto their own destruction" (2 Peter 3:16), and we must use the sword of the Spirit against them.

Then there are those times when, angered that their deceptions (sometimes even their own self-deceptions) are not persuading the true people of God to compromise their stand for God's truth and His great salvation, they resort to great pressure and overt opposition—even persecution—seeking to silence their testimony. The enemy comes in like a great flood, and the waves seem about to engulf us, and we cry with the psalmist: "If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us: Then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us: Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul" (Psalm 124:2-4).

But God is on our side, as long as we are on His side and hold fast to His clearly revealed Word. Before the demonic flood can overwhelm us, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up His standard (or, more literally, "put him to flight",), and God will prevail once again, for "the foundation of God standeth sure" (2 Timothy 2:19), and "greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world" (1 John 4:4). HMM

For more . . . .

1 Like

Re: Coming Like The Flood by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 18, 2013
Amen brother. The internet has become another tool used by the enemy of righteousness whom we are to resist steadfastly in the faith.
Re: Coming Like The Flood by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2013
Bidam: Amen brother. The internet has become another tool used by the enemy of righteousness whom we are to resist steadfastly in the faith.

like the frauds who promote the tithe fraud.

wink
Re: Coming Like The Flood by shdemidemi(m): 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2013
oladegbu..minister for enemies and tithing affairs grin preach it like you are real.
Re: Coming Like The Flood by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel:

like the frauds who promote the tithe fraud.

wink
grin so scriptural tithing has now become a fraud abi? see how your mind has become twisted. Is tithing in the bible or not?
Re: Coming Like The Flood by shdemidemi(m): 5:21pm On Jun 18, 2013
Bidam: grin so scriptural tithing has now become a fraud abi? see how your mind has become twisted. Is tithing in the bible or not?

killing too is in the bible, should I go on a scriptural killing spree? grin grin
Re: Coming Like The Flood by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

killing too is in the bible, should I go on a scriptural killing spree? grin grin
what kind of killing are you talking about ..why should you even compare God's tithe with killing? you should be ashamed of your self.
Re: Coming Like The Flood by shdemidemi(m): 5:30pm On Jun 18, 2013
Bidam: what kind of killing are you talking about ..why should you even compare God's tithe with killing? you should be ashamed of your self.

Leave emotions, the same sort of killings that occurred in the bible between God's people and the heathens. grin Isn't that in the bible?
Re: Coming Like The Flood by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

Leave emotions, the same sort of killings that occurred in the bible between God's people and the heathens. grin Isn't that in the bible?
grin is tithing a form of giving? true or false? is killing a form of giving
Re: Coming Like The Flood by shdemidemi(m): 5:52pm On Jun 18, 2013
Bidam: grin is tithing a form of giving? true or false? is killing a form of giving
before, it was because it is in the bible now it is because it is a form of giving. there are two covenants in the bible: law and grace, you have to choose one. No mixing pal.
Re: Coming Like The Flood by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi:
before, it was because it is in the bible now it is because it is a form of giving. there are two covenants in the bible: law and grace, you have to choose one. No mixing pal.
then why are you comparing it with killing? i just don't get your point.
Re: Coming Like The Flood by shdemidemi(m): 6:11pm On Jun 18, 2013
Bidam: then why are you comparing it with killing? i just don't get your point.
I compared it with killing cos you were asking if tithing isn't in the bible.

My point is are you of the bond servant or of the promise? The law or Grace?
Re: Coming Like The Flood by Nobody: 3:21am On Jun 19, 2013
shdemidemi: I compared it with killing cos you were asking if tithing isn't in the bible.

My point is are you of the bond servant or of the promise? The law or Grace?
out of point..you agree tithing is a form of giving..the question is are givings not done by grace?
Re: Coming Like The Flood by shdemidemi(m): 7:27am On Jun 19, 2013
Bidam: out of point..you agree tithing is a form of giving..the question is are givings not done by grace?
It was a form of giving according to pagan custom in the time of Abraham and it later became a form of giving in the law which the jewish people were compelled to obey because of the covenant/ agreement between themselves and God.
Re: Coming Like The Flood by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 19, 2013
shdemidemi:
It was a form of giving according to pagan custom in the time of Abraham and it later became a form of giving in the law which the jewish people were compelled to obey because of the covenant/ agreement between themselves and God.
very funny..you refused to answer my question..are givings not done by grace in the NT?
Re: Coming Like The Flood by shdemidemi(m): 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2013
Bidam: very funny..you refused to answer my question..are givings not done by grace in the NT?

yes, they were.
Re: Coming Like The Flood by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2013
shdemidemi:

yes, they were.
very funny..have you been resurrected?
Re: Coming Like The Flood by shdemidemi(m): 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
Bidam: very funny..have you been resurrected?

I didn't get the joke sir

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Open Heavens Devotion 22nd Of June, 2013 Of Bondage And Liberty By Pastor E / Should Christians Participate In Street Protests? / Praising---prayer-----accepted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.