Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? (23902 Views)

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / I Made My Husband Impotent For Taking A Second Wife - Woman Confesses In Delta / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2007
Her response to our explanations, climie is that "Nigerian women are obviously evil which is why they would do that to another person's children"

She seems to forget the US is the country where you have people killing their spouses over insurance money, there are also people who have killed their ENTIRE family just so they wont have to pay alimony, etc. Yet WE are the "evil" ones.

Girl needs to slow her role or her damn tongue about Nigeria or get off Nairaland and stay with the fellow akatas. shio
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by omoge(f): 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2007
let them watch Lifetime and LMN if they don't watch Nancy Grace or read newspaper smiley
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by CrazyMan(m): 7:16pm On Sep 01, 2007
Only a man who married out of pressure would go for a second wife. I see no sense in putting two women under the same roof. It’s more like keeping a bull and a ram in the same cage.
That roof won’t contain them both.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by omoge(f): 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2007
crazykid, good one wink
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2007
abi. and here one weird person is giving consent for her husband to fool around? WTF? women are by nature jealous beings, like it or not, how naive can u be to share ur man with another woman and not think some drama will happen? i've said it time and time that some women are not emotionally mature to be in a marriage. crap!
hmm if a woman let me share her man even for a sec, i would teach them both a lesson, because they obviously dont have their heads on straight!
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by tnaidaR(f): 8:06pm On Sep 01, 2007
Soulpatrol, that's what we've been screaming here ever since but seems they'll need you to put their heads on their shoulder. wink
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:11pm On Sep 01, 2007
don't speak too soon, Rad get on IM
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by fatty27: 5:32am On Sep 02, 2007
These people are still ranting? Na wa o! How ironic they are still attacking personality instead of discursing issues. You can learn more from others by listening than by your stupid criticism.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:52am On Sep 02, 2007
yes everyone let's dicurse the issues.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by kingsol4u: 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2007
hello.
how are u doing?i got the was u jujst say i m kingsley from port harcourt schooling
i would to tell u how a man
met a girl when a girl need the feels
it means when a very cool guy like me.
but i ould to know how a man keeps mounts to asked a girl to have sex with her and wat they girl will tell them to do befor sex with her.
pls just give me the ans
mine is kingsley
kingsol_outlaw2001@yahoo.co.in
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2007
i can swear my IQ just dropped a few. walai!
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ClimieNH89: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2007
Kingsley, I am sure you are one of those school guys that have never been in a classroom before.

You suck!
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 5:11pm On Sep 02, 2007
more like he sucks AND blows!

i wish Seun could help these people edit their threads. gosh, why can't people make the effort to write stuff that actually makes sense! shocked
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2007
soulpatrol:

i wish Seun could help these people edit their threads. gosh, why can't people make the effort to write stuff that actually makes sense! shocked

That's "education" for you. Disgraceful
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by omoge(f): 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2007
and tell me how this kind person go keep two wives grin. all the reason we are banning second wife jare.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 6:00pm On Sep 02, 2007
grin the english murderer shey?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by tnaidaR(f): 7:20pm On Sep 02, 2007
Rofl embarassed
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by Tanna(f): 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2007
abi. and here one weird person is giving consent for her husband to fool around? WTF? women are by nature jealous beings, like it or not, how naive can u be to share your man with another woman and not think some drama will happen?

Drama can happen when there are only 2 people in a marriage, not just because there is a 3rd person.

Also if you want to bring up what's in the "NATURE" of the sexes, then you must also admit that it is in the NATURE of men to have stronger sex drive than women, and to desire sex beyond the monogamous situation.

aND THOUGH SOME MEN AND SOME WOMEN resist "Nature", some just roll with it. Thus, you get women who ARE NOT jealous types, and men with 2nd or 3rd wives.

Oh and as far as us so called Akatas
The Truth Is, 99% of the time its is the WHITE AMERICANS who murder their spouses for insurance money and kill their entire families for other menial issues. Check the stats.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2007
who gives a damn? point is it's in AMERICA.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by tnaidaR(f): 8:35pm On Sep 02, 2007
Still not justified, Tanna. Reason properly and stop moving with the wind. Get a grip!
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by Tanna(f): 8:35pm On Sep 02, 2007
No, the point is your OWN men think you are evil. That is why they all speak of some horrible atrocities that Nigerian women in polygamous marriages will do to the husband and his children by the other wife.

Your own men have said this.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by olanajim(m): 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2007
Wao! The polybad and monogood still trying to sort out a simple matter?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2007
experience speaks better than words. tanna, i suggest u try and hook ur husband up with another lady just for a test, and then come back and tell us what a splendid jealous-free experience that was. utter naivety! 2 people in a relationship is enough drama and u're here trying to suggest bringing in someone else to service ur husband because u were sick. who hasn't been sick before? might as well be a Player, u'll all have fun that way!
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by tnaidaR(f): 8:51pm On Sep 02, 2007
Rofl . .Soul, abeg I'm about to hit my bed. Don't make the sleep go away grin grin grin
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:51pm On Sep 02, 2007
Tanna:

No, the point is your OWN men think you are evil. That is why they all speak of some horrible atrocities that Nigerian women in polygamous marriages will do to the husband and his children by the other wife.

I assume that's why they use your kind for greencard/visas then run back to their "evil" Nigerian wives at the end.

Im gonna assume you've watch the 6th sense. The scene where the STEPMOTHER poisons the daughter's food with lysol was taken from a real situation that happened a few years back. I came to this country as a baby so im not oblivious o the EVILS that happen here so maybe you can fool others with the "oh in America stepmothers are sweet".
There's also the situation of QUEENS, just 2 weeks ago of the guy who used to abuse his stepdaughter until she killed him and chopped him into pieces as revenge. Shall I go on cos I can do as long as I deem fit.

Please just do the world a favor and shut up. Seriously, you're embarrassing. Just stfu and find an akata board somewhere so you wont have to be around "wicked Nigerian women" oloshi.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 9:15pm On Sep 02, 2007
tell it to her, my sistas! we trying to educate the ignorant ones! pls women have come a long way from the way u think, ms tanna, i suggest u get with the times. some people still believe that its a man's nature to cheat or be polygamous, so women should deal with it. well, i think not! what is good for the goose is also good for the friggin gander, so women shouldn't stand for crappola like that, unless she's suffering from some serious esteem issues. 
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2007
there's a difference between making sacrifices to keep ur marriage together, and just being plain ridiculous. i bet u if u had let ur husband have a taste of another fruit, u wouldn't be in the picture any longer. i mean u said something about bringing another woman in to take care of him and ur kids? wtf? and u don't think that shit will not go down sooner or later? ha! i don't want to be so rude in my approach, but this is the most ridiculous discussion u've opened up. everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, but when it applies to women issues, i'm no feminist, but i just have to be on the reasonable side. shikena! we've been at the receiving end of crap for far too long.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by spoilt(f): 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2007
Tanna:

and who are these men you polled miss tanna? grin
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by lovemajek(f): 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2007
I wonder o
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by Tanna(f): 11:35am On Sep 03, 2007

Go Back and read this topic.

Several Nairaland men posters say that polygamy is bad because of what it does to the children. That the children suffer mistreatment by the wives,

and that the men die early deaths because of the women. You all keep mentioning being poisoned by one of the wives because women are sooo jealous, What kind of women are these nairaland members describing if not evil ones? And what perspective if not the Nigerian perspective of your own men and women being in the situation?

The belief is that overall polygamy is bad because the majority of the women will do something horrible to the other wife and kids in order to keep the husband for herself - THAT"S EVIL.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by laudate: 11:40am On Sep 03, 2007
Tanna:

and that the men die early deaths because of the women. You all keep mentioning being poisoned by one of the wives because women are sooo jealous, What kind of women are these nairaland members describing if not evil ones? And what perspective if not the Nigerian perspective of your own men and women being in the situation?

The belief is that overall polygamy is bad because the majority of the women will do something horrible to the other wife and kids in order to keep the husband for herself - THAT"S EVIL.

You know what? Tanna, pack your bags & go to any Asian or African country to live in a polygamous household. Spend at least six months with them. Learn the language. Watch members of the family & how they relate with one another. Do an audit. Then come back & share your views with us, before you put your foot into your mouth again.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by tnaidaR(f): 11:54am On Sep 03, 2007
Tanna is just a psycho. Gosh! How ignorant d'u tend to be? You talk about Nigerian women as if AA's are any better.

This polygamy pallaver is all over the world, even in yankee. What shit you talking about? Why is it only when you were sick you thought about bringing in another wife to "service" your husband? If it was proper to take many wives, you should have brought them in when you were not ill.

PLease, show me one American in her right senses who has taken a 2nd wife for her husband knowing how "good" you people are? This has nothing to do with Nigerian women only. You just picking on us 'cause you feel being stupid pays. Clear off the wool in your face, woman!

What's your beef with Nigerian women? The men have spoken badly about us yet at the mention of "akata" they run for their dear lives. That's how good you are. Abeg, go and take care of your husband and stop being naive to a fault.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Side Chicks Act Like Spare Tires In Marriage, They Are Very Important – Man / Loss Of Libido Due To Depression: How Does One Revive It? / Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.