Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? (23792 Views)

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / I Made My Husband Impotent For Taking A Second Wife - Woman Confesses In Delta / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:56am On Sep 06, 2007
spoilt, where I am to go to?  embarassed

lol thank you jare  kiss
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by spoilt(f): 3:04am On Sep 06, 2007
soulpatrol:

@spoilt. are u serious? shit! she practically gave him a whole new career! wonders o!

dis one pass wonder oh! I guess he has her to thank. Plus the fire man who found the 'kini' in the woods where she flung it.

@ TOH
you're welcome.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 3:41am On Sep 06, 2007
eww thats just gross. but then again, that should be a lesson to cheating spouses. mess around and get ur weiner cut off! no woman in her right man would like to share her man with someone else. those people that claim to have "open relationships" or "open marriages" are just crazy in the head and setting themselves for future wahala. one person is bound to let jealousy get the best of them. it's human nature.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ClimieNH89: 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2007
Those who say men are in nature inclined to have multiple partners.

Well let me precise that is true when it comes to reproduction.

Marriage isn't only about having babies, if not I don't think Spoilt and Co. would be so "arghhhhh". grin

Marriage isn't only about sexual satisfaction because then nobody would frown if men and women cheated.

Marriage isn't only about companionship because then I could keep my friends and remain unmarried forever.

But marriage is about love. Show me where a human being has been able to love two or more people the same way. Love isn't a quantity that can be measured and divided. No matter how we try to make believe, we always have a preference.

Tanna:
How do you think of becoming the favorite of your husband when u eventually get another woman for him, knowing that in no way can you force someone to love you and neither can someone determine who to love?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by osisi5: 6:20pm On Sep 06, 2007
spoilt:

this one pass wonder oh! I guess he has her to thank. Plus the fire man who found the 'kini' in the woods where she flung it.

@ TOH
you're welcome.

The guy was lucky that a kind fireman found his "kini" before a hungry canine did.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by osisi5: 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2007
his thing would have been dinner
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by obonyunmi1(f): 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2007
because obo don sour.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by fatty27: 8:36am On Sep 07, 2007
Your name had already made that clear.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by amaikama(m): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2007
i really don't understand you ladies! grin the population of women is increasing daily to that of men and when men decide to help you to reduce the population of the singles ladies, you complain, why? please tell me why? angry angry angry
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by amaikama(m): 3:52pm On Sep 07, 2007
i really don't understand you ladies! grin the population of women is increasing daily to that of men and when men decide to help you to reduce the population of the singles ladies, you complain, why? please tell me why? angry angry angry
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2007
because "y" has a long tail and 2 branches thats why. pls o, women are not charity cases that need a man to take us under his wing, and bang us along with others in the name of polygamy. that's just arrant nonsense. don't think you're doing us a favor, because not every woman is destined to be married to a man by force o. why do you think there are so many lesbians out there these days? even in naija sef, they're all hiding under cover for fear of being ostracized. times have changed, and some women don't feel it's necessary to be attached to a man. so quit making silly excuses.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by amaikama(m): 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2007
then don't complain when you don't have a man to call your own!!! angry we are really helping you to get along in life.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2007
i don't accept that kind of charity, thank you. and i take it you are joking by making these kind of remarks, right? that way, i know not to even indulge you and justify whatever crappola you spit out!
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2007
please ignore him, soul

as you can see he has now started with the juvenile responses

once a dude starts with the "that's why you don't have anyone"(how they come to this conclusion is beyond me) or "that is why you will be alone", that is when you know you are dealing with a bonafide jackass that doesnt deserve a response.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by omoge(f): 6:11pm On Sep 07, 2007
amaikama:

amaikama, don't worry abt the pop of ladies increasing. some will marry a one man guy, some will marry each other, some will do it themselves, and the rest will remain Proudly Single. when you add everything up, it's already 100% grin. we complain because we don't like you guys helping us cheesy.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2007
@TOH. my sista, i don tire to dey respond to people like that. u know it never goes anywhere. people like that are already set in their ways and can't see the light, so i might as well use my energy for better things. abi how u take see am? very juvenile human being indeed. him never meet craze women before. he must be used to the docile, helpless ones that think their value is tied to having a man. rubbish!

@omoge. wetin dey, long time o. cheesy no mind the bloke. i hope he ends up with a polygamous family. then he can bang as many helpless women as he wants, afterall he's doing them a favor! tongue
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by amaikama(m): 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2007
Thiefofhearts! we meet again. how very lovely! grin I take it what you said back there was a joke right? angry I was thinking you and i should get together some time and let have a chit-chat. what say you? smiley

am just trying to be nice here. grin
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by soulpatrol(f): 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2007
amaikama, u think we're oblivious to what u're trying to do ehn? u're trying to win TOH over so that u can butter her up and then she can come down to ur level. that trick is old, my friend.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by omoge(f): 10:42pm On Sep 08, 2007
Soul dear wink, i dey oo. i dey kampe. still dey hungry of Snail stew grin. the week was hectic as i had to sign up for class (add/drop) and work/catching up with roomies grin. how you dey too? shey body dey well ni? you don drink kunu so far? grin

amaikama na NIN grin so he can take style toast grin
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by lovemajek(f): 11:17pm On Sep 08, 2007
what language is amaikama?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by osisi5: 2:16am On Sep 10, 2007
lovemajek:

what language is amaikama?

I wonder!
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:26am On Sep 10, 2007
amaikama. I meant every word. you were being a jackass to soul and I called you out on it. Simple.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by olanajim(m): 5:01am On Sep 10, 2007
This thread has lost it purpose. No wonder all those with meaningful contributions had left. It just appear a click now exists attacking oppositions instead of issues.
Omasheo!
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:20am On Sep 10, 2007
It's "clique".
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by olanajim(m): 6:28am On Sep 10, 2007
You leads?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by amaikama(m): 10:18am On Sep 10, 2007
Lovemajek- that's my name if you must know. do you want to change it? By the way, in your profile, i saw a man while in your data says "female". i hope you are not impersonating people?

Thiefofhearts--Am dieing to meet with you. just tell me the place, time and when babe i will be there. grin

Now, back to the thread.There is no concrete explanation for this thread. A survey will reveal different reasons, some may be fair while some will be absurd. like that of a woman without a child a man may wish to take a second wife thereby limiting God and if the present wife she is comfortable with the idea of a second wife fine, that their problem. it's a free society. a man can marry whosoever he feels and with what number of wives he so choose to have. the headeach will always be on him.

As for me, only thiefofhearts will always be in my heart till death do us part. No second wife that will ever replace her, no matter what. kiss grin
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by amaikama(m): 10:30am On Sep 10, 2007
"no mind the bloke. i hope he ends up with a polygamous family. then he can bang as many helpless women as he wants, afterall he's doing them a favor!"

hey! that's a terrible things to say but would sure love the banging. grin
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by laudate: 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2007
amaikama:

Now, back to the thread.There is no concrete explanation for this thread. A survey will reveal different reasons, some may be fair while some will be absurd. like that of a woman without a child a man may wish to take a second wife thereby limiting God and if the present wife she is comfortable with the idea of a second wife fine, that their problem. it's a free society. a man can marry whosoever he feels and with what number of wives he so choose to have. the headeach will always be on him.

Still no excuse. The couple could try IVF or adoption, if they have fertility problems. On the other hand, what if they have tried unsuccesfully for many years to have kids, and the fault is not from the woman? Would you recommend that she takes a second husband?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by amaikama(m): 2:26pm On Sep 10, 2007
Laudate-- how many barren women do you see leaving their husband even if the fault is not theirs? the choice still remain with the woman in question, either she stick with the man and hold God to rasome or walk away from the marriage. it all depends on what is in her heart.

Women don't think like men and men don't think like women. mind you, some women will stay to the end no matter what external or internal pressure may come. But for men, we tend to take procreation as a do or die affair if the fault is coming from the woman. it natural though but not to the extend of taking a second wife for the matter.
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by boywest(m): 5:12pm On Mar 04, 2008
U know only one woman can not do the job. It has benn scintifically proven that men are more sexually active than women and require it more often like 4- day a week. So, men who have wives that cannot cope and do not have the resources to keep a string of GF's, marry the 2nd and then 3rd and thennn, u get. wink
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by Blatant: 5:49pm On Mar 04, 2008
Why would a woman want to marry or be with a man who's already married?
Re: Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife? by kaykaybaba(m): 5:37am On Nov 29, 2008
menage a trois!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? / Please Assist On The Best Rechargeable Fan One Should Buy. / Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.