Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel (9659 Views)

109 Senators To Train In Facebook / War On Terrorism: India Pledges To Train Nigerian Security - Vanguard / Posters Of Jonathan And Buhari Compete For Space In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by amiskurie(m): 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2013
sheyie2007: I knew there's something going on at that epe... They've been testing rockets lately
now I'm afraid o,I lived in ajah and its nt so far frm epe.o God dnt let them miscalculate o!
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
amiskurie:
now I'm afraid o,I lived in ajah and its nt so far frm epe.o God dnt let them miscalculate o!
my problem with Nigerians ... Sceptical and cynical
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
Are witches not doing that already?
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Capnd143(m): 5:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
all those who commented senselessly are fools! Big fools! So the minister of technology should nt put into use his own allocation of the national budget just because the minister of education is nt building/rehabilitating schools? So the minister of science and technology should be the one to build schools,hospitals,etc instead of doing research with the funds given to him? Some nairalanders brain are just nothing to write home about!! Later they wil stil blame the govt for nigerians being technologicaly backward!!! must some people comment in every thing? This is the same mentality that is drawing up backward! Moon here i come! Dad and mum, pack ur bags we are going 4 excursion to the moon! #teamNIGERIA

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 19, 2013
Capnd143: all those who commented senselessly are fools! Big fools! So the minister of technology should nt put into use his own allocation of the national budget just because the minister of education is nt building/rehabilitating schools? So the minister of science and technology should be the one to build schools,hospitals,etc instead of doing research with the funds given to him? Some nairalanders brain are just nothing to write home about!! Later they wil stil blame the govt for nigerians being technologicaly backward!!! must some people comment in every thing? This is the same mentality that is drawing up backward! Moon here i come! Dad and mum, pack ur bags we are going 4 excursion to the moon! #teamNIGERIA
don't my them, their brains have been contaminated with kerosene angry
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
Another basta.rd will call it misplaced priority...bloody Nigerians angry
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Capnd143(m): 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
sheyie2007: I knew there's something going on at that epe... They've been testing rockets lately
am sure it is that underground bunker that the are using for the research, last time beegeagle blog wrote about spontaneous rocket firing at the test site! If the could master the act of rocketery at epe and the NAF engineer come out with their Amebo Iv drone and proposed "FARAWA" light attack and trainer jet, and also the manufacture of electrolytes of the Mi's it would be a good breakthrough for Us[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 19, 2013
Capnd143: am sure it is that underground bunker that the are using for the research, last time beegeagle blog wrote about spontaneous rocket firing at the test site! If the could master the act of rocketery at epe and the NAF engineer come out with their Amebo Iv drone and proposed "FARAWA" light attack and trainer jet, and also the manufacture of electrolytes of the Mi's it would be a good breakthrough for Us[/b]
yes bro... I'm really looking forward to the jet..
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
Capnd143: am sure it is that underground bunker that the are using for the research, last time beegeagle blog wrote about spontaneous rocket firing at the test site! If the could master the act of rocketery at epe and the NAF engineer come out with their Amebo Iv drone and proposed "FARAWA" light attack and trainer jet, and also the manufacture of electrolytes of the Mi's it would be a good breakthrough for Us[/b]
NIGERIAN AIR FORCE NOW PRODUCING F-7NI AIRGUARD ELECTROLYTES, AGUSTA A109 CAMERAS AND MIL HELICOPTER HYDRAULIC DIAPHRAGMS LOCALLY
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/07/mi-24vmi-35p1.jpg[/img]
http://beegeagle./2013/06/09/nigerian-air-force-now-producing-f-7ni-airguard-electrolytes-agusta-a109-cameras-spares-and-mil-helicopter-hydraulic-diaphragms-locally/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by lolaluv1(f): 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
solomon111: stop making false claims.
Nigeria currently have 3 satellites in space and they are in good condition.
The one that was lost in orbit was replaced by china free of charge.
Do you understand English at all? Or you just heard 'false claim' for the first time today and decided you must use it in a sentence by fire, by force.
Pray tell. What is false about what I said? Did or did not a space shuttle become missing in orbit?

Please park well jor!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Capnd143(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
Horus: The costs of space travel are far too expensive at the moment. The money should be used to build hospitals and schools.
i dnt see anything to expensive about rocketry and sattelite investment, do u knw hw much we spend periodically to buy missiles and maintain sattelites facilities manufacture abroad? What is too bad about mastering the act and getting paid to produce right here in Nigeria? Through this same way, nigeria nw has engineers capable of producing and launching suffisticated sattelites to space! Do u knw how much me paid the chinese to build nicomsat 1 that failed in orbit? Almost halve of that amount we used to produce our own locally! Apart 4rm that the world military nw depends on superior rocketry firepower, that is what north korea used as baggaining chip against Us and a scarecrow against south korea!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
Capnd143: i dnt see anything to expensive about rocketry and sattelite investment, do u knw hw much we spend periodically to buy missiles and maintain sattelites facilities manufacture abroad? What is too bad about mastering the act and getting paid to produce right here in Nigeria? Through this same way, nigeria nw has engineers capable of producing and launching suffisticated sattelites to space! Do u knw how much me paid the chinese to build nicomsat 1 that failed in orbit? Almost halve of that amount we used to produce our own locally! Apart 4rm that the world military nw depends on superior rocketry firepower, that is what north korea used as baggaining chip against Us and a scarecrow against south korea!!
na foam de the guy head angry
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by nep2ra(m): 5:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
"Nigeria To..." 'nuff said. grin
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by badesco(m): 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2013
I hope they would not train them to take our money into space, Nigerians cant be trusted with anything. Anyway na joke oooo. good one and i hope it becomes a reality so i too can be part of history..
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by cfola: 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2013
Capnd143: all those who commented senselessly are fools! Big fools! So the minister of technology should nt put into use his own allocation of the national budget just because the minister of education is nt building/rehabilitating schools? So the minister of science and technology should be the one to build schools,hospitals,etc instead of doing research with the funds given to him? Some nairalanders brain are just nothing to write home about!! Later they wil stil blame the govt for nigerians being technologicaly backward!!! must some people comment in every thing? This is the same mentality that is drawing up backward! Moon here i come! Dad and mum, pack ur bags we are going 4 excursion to the moon! #teamNIGERIA

[b]Capnd143,

As much as I would like to support your thoughts, let us look at it from this angle.

Of what use is a functional hand when the leg is not working. As much as the hand will want to strive for excellence, its performance will be cut short due to the lack of functionality of the other part of the body.

The argument is that in as much as we need to develop technologically and invest in science, there are far more pressing problems that need to be solved first and that is very pertinent.

There are processes and procedures to be taken. You do not preach to a hungry man, first you feed him.

Let us look at an example, at the FEC meeting, every ministry brings in its budget, but there are ministries that matters concerning them have to be met and cases classified as urgent despite and inspite of scare resources than the other ministries.

It will only amount to foolhardiness, if we leave the core issues and embark on elephant projects.

The people are hungry, there are no good roads, education is pathetic, Health is in shambles and the people are impoverished, and we r here talking technology to them.

Let the basic things of life be made available and then if government like to talk Bio-genetics or some other rocket science, nobody will worry.

We will all be happier for it but until then, the people wont stop crying foul!

[/b]
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Capnd143(m): 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2013
lola.luv:

Do you understand English at all? Or you just heard 'false claim' for the first time today and decided you must use it in a sentence by fire, by force.
Pray tell. What is false about what I said? Did or did not a space shuttle become missing in orbit?

Please park well jor!
shot ur trap! The nigcomSat-1 that failed in orbit was built by the chinese and not nigeria and it was immediately replaced and that was not the first time in the world a sattelite failed in space! The one built by nigerian engineers is still hovering over our solar system till this day in good condition and is used for weather tracking, security survillance and general geographical imagery! Anybody that opposes this innovation should go back to the stone age!
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
cfola:

[b]Capnd143,

As much as I would like to support your thoughts, let us look at it from this angle.

Of what use is a functional hand when the leg is not working. As much as the hand will want to strive for excellence, its performance will be cut short due to the lack of functionality of the other part of the body.

The argument is that in as much as we need to develop technologically and invest in science, there are far more pressing problems that need to be solved first and that is very pertinent.

There are processes and procedures to be taken. You do not preach to a hungry man, first you feed him.

Let us look at an example, at the FEC meeting, every ministry brings in its budget, but there are ministries that matters concerning them have to be met and cases classified as urgent despite and inspite of scare resources than the other ministries.

It will only amount to foolhardiness, if we leave the core issues and embark on elephant projects.

The people are hungry, there are no good roads, education is pathetic, Health is in shambles and the people are impoverished, and we r here talking technology to them.

Let the basic things of life be made available and then if government like to talk Bio-genetics or some other rocket science, nobody will worry.

[/b]
what is this one saying

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Capnd143(m): 5:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
cfola:

[b]Capnd143,

[/b]
nice! Nice!! Nice!!! Bt bro, lets take a look at this technically, allocation for science and technology in the national budget was critically meager! So i dnt see a case scenario were a critically meager fund would affect any area which the govt should place priority on and invest gagantously. The proper utilisation of those meager funds however shouldnt be a pain in the back for other sectors!. And nigeria spends billions of dollars to acquire military hardwares from US,ISREAL,UKRAINE,RUSSIA,SINGAPORE and even south africa! Countries we should be competing with in africa with far less stable economy than ours are investing in technology, and we keep shouting blue murder whenever Prof. Ita, minister of technology tries to remain some looted funds 4 meningful projects
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2013
boneruns:

From "Allah have mercy" to "foolish" then to "Allahu Akbar".

I see how "peaceful" you are.
Did I in anyway insult you or your religion? Allahu Akbar!!!
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by 2fine2fast(m): 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2013
Na very "best" idea. Na d final joker bros Jona wan use for boko haram and buhari b dat. Dem wan capture all the BOko haram boys, join Dem all together with buhari and send them straight to mercury. Dem go fit go start their Sharia republic there. Well done bros Jona. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by AZeD1(m): 6:26pm On Jun 19, 2013
Capnd143: i dnt see anything to expensive about rocketry and sattelite investment, do u knw hw much we spend periodically to buy missiles and maintain sattelites facilities manufacture abroad? What is too bad about mastering the act and getting paid to produce right here in Nigeria? Through this same way, nigeria nw has engineers capable of producing and launching suffisticated sattelites to space! Do u knw how much me paid the chinese to build nicomsat 1 that failed in orbit? Almost halve of that amount we used to produce our own locally! Apart 4rm that the world military nw depends on superior rocketry firepower, that is what north korea used as baggaining chip against Us and a scarecrow against south korea!!
You forgot to mention that the Chinese have functional hospitals and a sound educational system. You can't build a house without a foundation. Once you get the basics right, everything will fall into place.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by lolaluv1(f): 6:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
Capnd143: shot ur trap! The nigcomSat-1 that failed in orbit was built by the chinese and not nigeria and it was immediately replaced and that was not the first time in the world a sattelite failed in space! The one built by nigerian engineers is still hovering over our solar system till this day in good condition and is used for weather tracking, security survillance and general geographical imagery! Anybody that opposes this innovation should go back to the stone age!

Bla bla bla.

And the word is 'shut', not 'shot'. It would serve you well to utilise your strength in learning your abcs, instead of insulting people.
I'm not surprised. How won't space shuttles get missing when time that should be spent improving self is spent "shotting" others down.cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by solomon111(m): 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
lola.luv:

Bla bla bla.

And the word is 'shut', not 'shot'. It would serve you well to utilise your strength in learning your abcs, instead of insulting people.
I'm not surprised. How won't space shuttles get missing when time that should be spent improving self is spent "shotting" others down.cheesycheesy
smh.
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 19, 2013
lola.luv:

Bla bla bla.

just kill yourself
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 19, 2013
sheyie2007: just kill yourself

You're very ignorant.

Nigeria can't even make a RPG for crying out loud; yet you want to train astronauts for space travel

Are people that daft in that country, or is it nl? undecided
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
Start with RPGs; then move to missile technology before thinking big.

It shows your president's IQ is lesser than that of a donkey! grin
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by lolaluv1(f): 7:16pm On Jun 19, 2013
sheyie2007: just kill yourself

I can see that is the recommendation you give your wasted self every morning of your frustrated life!
Kpele o!
cheesycheesy

My sincere advice? Don't do it! Not yet anyway.
Wait and get into the astronaut program. So that when you and your beloved shuttle meet an uneventful end, you would have been useful for once in your life!wink
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Ribaman(m): 7:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
Honestly, Something is seriously amiss with this country?
Someone wake me up, say its a dream (or shall I say, nightmare).
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Babalegba(m): 7:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
sheyie2007: See baseless comments from daft people This shows majority of Nairalanders are illiterates.. Anyways, nice one FG!
lay off the weed, false optimism destroys endeavours. Illiterates on the internet, give me a break.
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Gistwitherico(m): 7:44pm On Jun 19, 2013
Can i join?
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by bornosheikh: 7:45pm On Jun 19, 2013
Only when the astronaut realises (5,000 ft up) that the booster fuel has been sold by the ground operatives to local market women in Epe as cooking oil will we realise the chickens have come home to roost. Or the engine was exchanged sharply for a reconditioned DAF truck engine will naija wahala enter space tori!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Policewoman(f): 7:47pm On Jun 19, 2013
alienware: u sure say u dey do ur work ? Always online posting comments.
E concern you? See me see wahala o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Must Do Everything Within Our Powers To End Insecurity, President Buhari / Okowa Government, House Of Assembly In A Multi-Billion Naira Scandal / IBB Fires OBJ Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.