Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel (9661 Views)

109 Senators To Train In Facebook / War On Terrorism: India Pledges To Train Nigerian Security - Vanguard / Posters Of Jonathan And Buhari Compete For Space In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2013
Ironi:

Pray tell, what you manufacture and where you export your products to?
Very curious.
what an irony embarassed
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by ACM10: 3:21pm On Jun 20, 2013
Don't be deceived, Nigeria has no plan for space travel, they are training pilots to be deployed in the event of civil war.
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by DrKnow1(m): 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2013
It should have been better if they train people to sort out the electricity problem at Aso Rock so that GEJ can stop using Generators 24/7
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Capnd143(m): 6:21pm On Jun 20, 2013
ShyM-X:

You're very ignorant.

Nigeria can't even make a RPG for crying out loud; yet you want to train astronauts for space travel

Are people that daft in that country, or is it nl? undecided
it seems u are the daft party here! Nigeria cant make RPG? Then the ones produced at Dicon is by ur dunce ass
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Okijajuju1(m): 10:33pm On Jun 20, 2013
Capnd143: it seems u are the daft party here! Nigeria cant make RPG? Then the ones produced at Dicon is by ur dunce ass

I hope you understand how DICON works..

DICON also makes the AK-47, does that make the AK-47 a Nigerian weapon or a Russian Assault rifle?
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Capnd143(m): 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2013
Okija_juju:

I hope you understand how DICON works..

DICON also makes the AK-47, does that make the AK-47 a Nigerian weapon or a Russian Assault rifle?
lol. It very well doesnt, bt considering u were saying nigeria doesnt manufacture even RPG is mind boggling! Airforce engineers are currently working on frabricating a missile system in collabro with india and the are also working on a light attack trainer jet, so i dnt see the big deal in RPG and kalishnikovs. Thanks
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Okijajuju1(m): 8:09pm On Jun 21, 2013
Capnd143: lol. It very well doesnt, bt considering u were saying nigeria doesnt manufacture even RPG is mind boggling! Airforce engineers are currently working on frabricating a missile system in collabro with india and the are also working on a light attack trainer jet, so i dnt see the big deal in RPG and kalishnikovs. Thanks

And PS, I didn't say nothing about RPGs, was just pointing out the DICON manufacturing part.
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by hiuser(m): 9:20pm On Jun 21, 2013
Barracks on the moon!
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by hiuser(m): 9:50pm On Jun 21, 2013
Noooooooo! Where are your prison cell records on the moon? Did you see pharoahs? Did u.k steal you? Are you outside?

Are you a trader on the moon with people?

Am I a pervert?

I'm on mars?

I'm pharoah's memories!
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by hiuser(m): 7:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
China is on the moon!
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 22, 2013
we spend only 20million dollar every year on our space programme. The FG's budget is over 30bn dollar. The 36 states also have their own budgets with lagos and other states in the ND having a budget of over 3bn dollar every year. The 774 local govts also have their annual bugets. All in all, all three tiers of govt in Nigeria spend close to 80bn dollar ever year.

All i am trying to say with the long epistle is; the 20MILLION dollar we spend on space research IS A DROP IN THE OCEAN compared to the over 80BILLION dollar our three govts spends every year. So if there is no hospital, road, etc like people (ignorant) are saying, then it is not becos of the space project!

People who are saying there is no hospital yet... Are only being ignorant and are filled with self hate!
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 22, 2013
people criticise our agencies for not being effective. Now one agency is being very effective and we are complaining!

We complain that our professionals are not give the opportunity to develop in nigeria; that we have brain drain. Now the country is giving astronauts the chance to practice here in Nigeria, and we are complaining!

Your wifu fine... (dem go talk)
E be like monkey.. (dem go talk)
ur husbad fine... (dem go talk)
e be like gorrila... (dem go talk)
na wetin i go do, my broda oo wey dem no go talk?

Singing with Sunny Nneji's voice
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by wirinet(m): 11:11pm On Jun 22, 2013
souldust: we spend only 20million dollar every year on our space programme. The FG's budget is over 30bn dollar. The 36 states also have their own budgets with lagos and other states in the ND having a budget of over 3bn dollar every year. The 774 local govts also have their annual bugets. All in all, all three tiers of govt in Nigeria spend close to 80bn dollar ever year.

All i am trying to say with the long epistle is; the 20MILLION dollar we spend on space research IS A DROP IN THE OCEAN compared to the over 80BILLION dollar our three govts spends every year. So if there is no hospital, road, etc like people (ignorant) are saying, then it is not becos of the space project!

People who are saying there is no hospital yet... Are only being ignorant and are filled with self hate!

Are you serious? $20million a year on a space program? I am sure you do not have the faintest idea what space is, not to talk about program. Ordinary Nigcomsat1 that was said to be cheap cost nigeria $300million, and that cannot even be considered a space program. Each NASA space shuttle cost about $20billion and that is just a part of the us space program. Even the Americans have been complaining of the cost of their space program and have scaled back the cost but it still runs into billions of dollars per year.
What is the $20million per year used for, probably pay salaries,run generators and pay other recurrent expenditures.
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 23, 2013
wirinet:

Are you serious? $20million a year on a space program? I am sure you do not have the faintest idea what space is, not to talk about program. Ordinary Nigcomsat1 that was said to be cheap cost nigeria $300million, and that cannot even be considered a space program. Each NASA space shuttle cost about $20billion and that is just a part of the us space program. Even the Americans have been complaining of the cost of their space program and have scaled back the cost but it still runs into billions of dollars per year.
What is the $20million per year used for, probably pay salaries,run generators and pay other recurrent expenditures.
post sources to back up your 300million dollar nonsense claim and i will post sources to back up my 20million dollar claim
Re: Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel by wirinet(m): 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2013
souldust: post sources to back up your 300million dollar nonsense claim and i will post sources to back up my 20million dollar claim

You must think a satellite cost less than a private plane. Ordinary the small jet bought by Pastor Oritsejafor is said to cost $50million and we have not added running costs and cost of crew.

Here is a link i found confirming my $300million nonsense;http://www.spacenews.com/article/nigcomsat-1r-launched-successfully-long-march
now let's have your link detailing your $20million per annum space program nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide / Sokoto Electorates Shouting "Sai Buhari" In Gej's Campaign / Governance Is Stagnant Because Buhari Is Working With His Enemies — Buba Galadim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.