Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,238 members, 7,860,526 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:07 PM

My Parents Forbid Me To Marry A Hausa Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parents Forbid Me To Marry A Hausa Man (1584 Views)

My Girlfriend In My House Tonight (With My Parents) / Dating A Hausa Man? / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents Forbid Me To Marry A Hausa Man by Iyandasdiary(m): 11:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
Dear Readers,
I happen to find myself in a terrible situation . My parents who i love so much and have the ultimate respect for have threatened to disown me and make sure that none of the family members attend the wedding or even associate with me ever again if I go on and get married to the love of my life who happens to be a Hausa man.
My parents happen to be strict christian and church elders.We were brought up to the God fearing, love people no matter the race or religion. .I was totally shocked when they told me that i couldn’t get marrried to my fiance because he is Hausa .
I told my parents, because he is from the north doesn’t make him a Boko Haram, but they would not listen. I tried to explain that he is from a royal home in Kano, and moreover we met in the states, and he is not capable of such evil act, but they still refused to consent.
They sighted the example of the ‘Mutalab guy’ and said they will not as much as trust any Hausa person again.How shallow can they be but I’m determined to damn the consequences and stick to this guy.
I’m not ready to trade my love for my parents’ perception.
Am I making a wise decision?

Re: My Parents Forbid Me To Marry A Hausa Man by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 18, 2013
Is dis bobo the guy?

Anyway, try and make them see reason with you. Is he a muslim? Are u ready ti convert to his religion too
Re: My Parents Forbid Me To Marry A Hausa Man by k2039: 11:51pm On Jun 18, 2013
You have to find a way to see them reason along with you. Get in touch with people you know they respect so much, so they can help you talk to them.

I'm not in support of someone going into a marriage without his parents' consent.

Think about it, if anything goes wrong in the marriage, you probably won't have a family to fall back on.

You just have to make them reason with you, give them examples of good hausa people that you know of and like Vikin said you also have to consider your parents' point of view, maybe religion is also a reason and trust me it may really a big deal for your parents.
Re: My Parents Forbid Me To Marry A Hausa Man by braine(m): 11:57pm On Jun 18, 2013
The same 4-year-age-difference guy right?

1 Like

Re: My Parents Forbid Me To Marry A Hausa Man by Mynd44: 12:00am On Jun 19, 2013
Is the OP gay or what?

1 Like

Re: My Parents Forbid Me To Marry A Hausa Man by Exponental(m): 10:19am On Jun 19, 2013
The fear of boko haram n its lineage is d beginning of lineage continuity.
Re: My Parents Forbid Me To Marry A Hausa Man by makelove2m(m): 10:44am On Jun 19, 2013
I see nothing wrong provided the parents of the Girl are ready for this
Re: My Parents Forbid Me To Marry A Hausa Man by Aedesmuskeeto: 11:58am On Jun 19, 2013
*in rastafarian voice* hey mon, Me thinks say this bombo-clat nigga is a Gay..
Re: My Parents Forbid Me To Marry A Hausa Man by scribble: 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2013
Mynd_44: Is the OP gay or what?

try and reason like someone who has a brain for once in your adult life.

u are close to 55 years and still yarning balls
Re: My Parents Forbid Me To Marry A Hausa Man by Mynd44: 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2013
scribble:

try and reason like someone who has a brain for once in your adult life.

u are close to 55 years and still yarning balls
And do you have one? Did you not see that the OP is male?
Re: My Parents Forbid Me To Marry A Hausa Man by mekaboy(m): 11:28pm On Jun 19, 2013
So guys now jump out of the ethnic and racial politics section and come to claim woman in the romance section? Wonders shall never end. And people don't even look at gender before commenting.

(1) (Reply)

If Your Wife Go Nude To Swear For U What Will You Do? / Gals Nd Their Love For Engineering guys. / I Am New Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.