Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,115 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell (14333 Views)

Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) / Soyinka: The Chauvinist Bitterness For The Empowerment Of Women In Nigeria / Wole Soyinka: The Next Phase Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Malawian(m): 10:55am On Jun 22, 2013
AbdH:
All you just wrote doesn't change the fact that you are obscure. Change your mindset, learn to appreciate the good in others and stop being insultive.
By the way, 'don't inseminate hate against those whom your pedestrian vision cannot see.'

so exactly what did your sanctimonious self succeed in saying? i seem to be slow today. undecided undecided
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by waledud(m): 10:33am On Jun 23, 2013
Sciencs: If after readin dis piece of article, anybody stills finds it INSULTIVE rather dan seein it as "BLUNTLY REASONABLE" words wic calls for a change of mind if we r 2 live nt only as peaceful individuals bt as a nation free from hate, then such person must av bin sufferin from d same pathetic brain dysfunction charles darwin suffered wic made him concluded dat man originated from Apes!...no insult intended!
Now I think you are delving into a realm you have absolutely no idea about. Am talking about your allusion to Charles Darwin's theory as being ill-derived. A postulation that was deemed valid enough to occupy a foremost position in the works of the pantheon of the collective frontier of scientific knowledge should not be feebly dismissed by any lone-mind. The smudginess of such a conclusion like yours smarks of the very shallow arrogation of the exclusive capacity for mind decryption that WS is talking about. The fact that we have major failures in discerning the intent and founding of a particular action, process, or postulation shouldn't nerve us to making unguided public pronouncement about it. Imagine, you have just labelled the man a pathetic mental case just because you could not come to terms with his well-founded, nay, near-immortal work, not minding that someone on this forum who is little informed about that subject would go away with that knowledge, albeit untrue. FYI, even I find it hard to admit that I must have to trace my decendancy to the apes but I know for a fact that the theory has worked and helped to bring about advancement in medicine, archaelogy, and even economics. The beauty of science is that you do not need to understand it to use it. You are using the internet right now but I can almost bet you do not know how it works, however, am sure some people must have thought the proponents of the idea of the internet mad in their time. So pls, let's thread cautiously especially on issues we do not have an authority on & No, WS wasn't painting a colour of any ethnic bigotry. He clearly stated that his concern is not related to the geographic but the humanistic. He was talking about the cause and effect relations of a skewed mentality on the human psyche in unexpected fronts and how it is capable of robbing us all of common civility even on a platform like this (NL).
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by waledud(m): 10:35am On Jun 23, 2013
Sciencs: If after readin dis piece of article, anybody stills finds it INSULTIVE rather dan seein it as "BLUNTLY REASONABLE" words wic calls for a change of mind if we r 2 live nt only as peaceful individuals bt as a nation free from hate, then such person must av bin sufferin from d same pathetic brain dysfunction charles darwin suffered wic made him concluded dat man originated from Apes!...no insult intended!
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Willy4Willy: 9:00am On Jul 24, 2013
Prof Wole Soyinka
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 24, 2013
SLIDE waxie: 1st cool

That noted, we need to undstnd dt our tribalism and decietful nature won't allow us go near a major development.

Like buhari settin up refinery in kaduna and not the east.

Like if set in the east, the easterns in turn raising war on other tribes who owns an oil bloc and claiming it as their rights.

Like kogi people refusing to sell land to any igbo. Even if wot he is proposing to erect will benefit the lots.

Like a tribe won't give another tribe a job even though more qualified dn d post.

Like u and i. Like all Nigerians!

Eh, I'll give you a B- for effort in trying to portray yourself as a non-triablist, but your words betray you. Buhari is a devil, and the Easteners are victims whose only crimes in Nigeria is "hypothetical". My friend, GTFOH, ure clearly one of the problems in that country.
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 24, 2013
wellmax:

My favorite paragraph, but who's WS referring too na?

Ummm... those that love to compare him to Achebe and remember that he's Yoruba, forgetting that him and Achebe were friends, like minds and supporters of Biafra.
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 24, 2013
eGuerrilla: It is the slim balls who have never stood up or fought for anything noble that Soyinka trained his sights on here.
Yes, I am referring to the able-bodied Nigerian - young and old - who defaults to a state of paralysis and mind-atrophy, when the conscience gets exercised a bit. This vocal and at once inept group are easy to recognise, because their peculiar mind-set, like smoke, is difficult to conceal.

Slim balls these nuts! Point blank: WOLE SOYINKA SENT HIS SCUDS MISSILES TO THE DIVISIVE AND HATEFUL CHARACTERS THAT RESIDE AMONGST THE IGBOS! The biggest problem with Nigerians is their inability to say the truth when and as needed; yall always try to be politically correct when unnecessary.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Cry For Help to the ogun state government / 10th Assembly: ‘New Dawn’ Caucus Emerges In House Of Rep / Subsidy Removal:GEJ Ready For Mass Revolt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.