Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,490 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell (14315 Views)

Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) / Soyinka: The Chauvinist Bitterness For The Empowerment Of Women In Nigeria / Wole Soyinka: The Next Phase Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2013
Awake9ja: am OUT I don't wana join you guys in your fight of bitterness against ibos,

how I wish Fulani and hausas are fighting like this we MB would have been freed from them long time ago.
Don't bother...someday you will be freed..nigeria is heading for the rocks..mark my word. cool
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 19, 2013
Awake9ja:

SO THEN WHY ARE YOU GUYS ANGRY WITH ACHEBE SINCE HE TOO TALKS IN RIDDLES IN HIS BOOK "THERE WAS A COUNTRY"

hahaha hehehe a snake can only begot a snake ,
but a lion always begots his likes.
Who is talking about riddles here? Do you think we are doing a "kpa kpan golo thing here"?
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2013
Interesting read.

Man of Honour! cool
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by dayokanu(m): 7:20pm On Jun 19, 2013
bookmarked
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by CyberG: 9:28pm On Jun 19, 2013
It is VERY clear the people he is talking to and about! Some of them loonies already showed up and posted on this same thread but you can guess they did not even understand what they read! If anyone is still in doubt, who are the MOST hateful humans in Nigeria who hate every other part for any and every reason? There is the ANSWER!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 19, 2013
amakenny: But has WS any excuse for not attending CA's funeral?

"I do not pander to the expectations of the sanctimonious. I can absent myself from any event, for reasons that are personal to me. I can absent myself as the result of a mundane domestic situation, as legitimately as from a visceral rejection of occupancy of the same space, at the same time, in the same cause, with certain other participants. I may absent myself for the very reason of my disdain for that breed which is certain to cavil at the very fact of my absence. Such specimens pollute the very space they claim to honour. Sputter and rage they may, but even the most illustrious of that ilk cannot control that choice, neither will they be permitted free passage to encroach upon, and abuse the private spaces of human responsiveness."

10 Likes

Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
I have massive respect for Soyinka. He's the greatest Nigerian alive today and has brought great honour to this country and fought for the people. I don't understand what anyone would have against him really.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
WS should just move on. Nigeria defies logic.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by nku5: 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
CyberG: It is VERY clear the people he is talking to and about! Some of them loonies already showed up and posted on this same thread but you can guess they did not even understand what they read! If anyone is still in doubt, who are the MOST hateful humans in Nigeria who hate every other part for any and every reason? There is the ANSWER!

No that's not what he said, that's what you feel.

Soyinka is too big for his words to be spun for sectionalist fodder.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
Like emotional parasites, YOU feed off others, but YOU have never learnt to value what others give, or be thereby nourished. I recognize YOU, atavistic minds. Don't inseminate hate against those whom YOUR pedestrian vision cannot see. (Wole Soyinka, this intelligence of urs is spiritual! I love you)
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2013
Aigbofa:

"I do not pander to the expectations of the sanctimonious. I can absent myself from any event, for reasons that are personal to me. I can absent myself as the result of a mundane domestic situation, as legitimately as from a visceral rejection of occupancy of the same space, at the same time, in the same cause, with certain other participants. I may absent myself for the very reason of my disdain for that breed which is certain to cavil at the very fact of my absence. Such specimens pollute the very space they claim to honour. Sputter and rage they may, but even the most illustrious of that ilk cannot control that choice, neither will they be permitted free passage to encroach upon, and abuse the private spaces of human responsiveness."
The advancement of this man in deploying grammatical constructs makes me doubt if anybody can equal him. May you live long.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 19, 2013
amakenny: But has WS any excuse for not attending CA's funeral?
The choice to
participate or not, however, belongs to
each individual, including even those
who arrogate to themselves the mission
of imposing on others their own
preferred mode of bidding farewell.
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by DuduNegro: 11:16pm On Jun 19, 2013
Wole Soyinka tells a man to go to hell in a way that he looks forward to the trip. grin grin oohh dayam it!!

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 19, 2013
''AS A TEACHER'', I lament YOUR
failure to use the opportunity of the
passing of a revered writer to turn YOUR
younger generation in enlightened
directions. YOU have chosen instead to
coarsen their sensibilities and breed in
their minds misunderstanding, suspicion
and above all – hate!
YOU will have understood by now how I
have come to view YOU as no different
from the homicidal clerics who arm
youths with kerosene and match, cudgel
and knife, a few Naira in their beggars’
bowls, and dispatch them to set fire to
structures of comradely cohabitation, of
reflection, of mind enlargement, and
destroy communities of learning.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Ngwakwe: 11:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
We have a saying, “If
you’re digging yourself into a hole, the first thing you need to do is stop digging."

Jenams: Like emotional parasites, you feed off others, but you have never learnt to value what others give, or be thereby nourished. I recognize you, atavistic minds. Don't inseminate hate against those whom your pedestrian vision cannot see. (Wole Soyinka, this intelligence of urs is spiritual! I love you)
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
YOUR gospel of separatism goes beyond the geographical – in which I have not the slightest interest! – but the humanistic.
The means:– Internet, and its wide open,undiscriminating generosity. That is where YOU lay spores of poison, and
doom future generations to a
confinement of human relationships
within the darkest corners of the mind.
YOU are beyond pity.
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 19, 2013
All these posters above pretend they understand a thing about what WS said. They are just loafing, pretending to understand and nodding their heads recurrently like agama (remember Dbanj's laughable interview with Jona? cheesy). My best bet is, they don't understand a fraction of what it is in that write-up they keep quoting repeatedly. cheesy
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by whitecat007: 11:47pm On Jun 19, 2013
Infinity likes!

CyberG: It is VERY clear the people he is talking to and about! Some of them loonies already showed up and posted on this same thread but you can guess they did not even understand what they read! If anyone is still in doubt, who are the MOST hateful humans in Nigeria who hate every other part for any and every reason? There is the ANSWER!
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 19, 2013
From all indication, Wole Soyinka is talking to one man. Read this_________________________________Dove-Edwin
had received communication that some
of “Chinua’s people” – A UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR among them, WHO WAS NAMED
– had pronounced publicly that “Chinua
should have known better than to accept a spotless ram from his enemy” – yes, that was the word used – “enemy”. I verified this report from various other
sources.
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Ngwakwe: 11:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
From the day the young people go to the
induction center (Nairaland), their life changes.

nku5:

No that's not what he said, that's what you feel.

Soyinka is too big for his words to be spun for sectionalist fodder.
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by naptu2: 11:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
Jenams: From all indication, Wole Soyinka is talking to one man. Read this_________________________________Dove-Edwin
had received communication that some
of “Chinua’s people” – A UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR among them, WHO WAS NAMED
– had pronounced publicly that “Chinua
should have known better than to accept a spotless ram from his enemy” – yes, that was the word used – “enemy”. I verified this report from various other
sources.

Yes! And he actually said the man's name in his last interview (which was also posted on nairaland).

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 19, 2013
Ngwakwe: We have a saying, “If
you’re digging yourself into a hole, the first thing you need to do is stop digging."

my friend, education is lackin in some of those who pontificate. You've assumed a condescendin posture to midwife an infant entity. You are beyond pity.
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 20, 2013
naptu2:

Yes! And he actually said the man's name in his last interview (which was also posted on nairaland).
oh really? Who is the man pls? Av nt seen d interview.
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by naptu2: 12:05am On Jun 20, 2013
No wonder Soyinka kept referring to the internet. He's got his own blog!

Although I think Soyinka is also speaking generally, but I think this is his primary target.
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 12:11am On Jun 20, 2013
dozzybaba: All these posters above pretend they understand a thing about what WS said. They are just loafing, pretending to understand and nodding their heads recurrently like agama (remember Dbanj's laughable interview with Jona? cheesy). My best bet is, they don't understand a fraction of what it is in that write-up they keep quoting repeatedly. cheesy
u tink everyone is as dull as u?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Ngwakwe: 12:25am On Jun 20, 2013
You may have been ill advised that you imbibe wrong perception of presumed enemy.

But history will condemn those who do not see the opportunity to finding a peaceful solution to ending the unhealthy tribal competition before it is too late.

Jenams: my friend, education is lackin in some of those who pontificate. You've assumed a condescendin posture to midwife an infant entity. You are beyond pity.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by nku5: 1:12am On Jun 20, 2013
Ngwakwe: From the day the young people go to the
induction center (Nairaland), their life changes.

Its a pity that some ppl are lost to the poison. Mind you many were indoctrinated into the cult of hatred by their parents. Nairaland is just a mere outlet for them
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 4:32am On Jun 20, 2013
Jenams: ''AS A TEACHER'', I lament YOUR
failure to use the opportunity of the
passing of a revered writer to turn YOUR
younger generation in enlightened
directions. YOU have chosen instead to
coarsen their sensibilities and breed in
their minds misunderstanding, suspicion
and above all – hate!
YOU will have understood by now how I
have come to view YOU as no different
from the homicidal clerics who arm
youths with kerosene and match, cudgel
and knife, a few Naira in their beggars’
bowls, and dispatch them to set fire to
structures of comradely cohabitation, of
reflection, of mind enlargement, and
destroy communities of learning.
Them dey mark register for the funeral?
Why are you so particular about WS attending? How many other renown writers attended?
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by lawbabs: 4:49am On Jun 20, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Abo oro la n so fun omoluabi, to ba de inu e a di odindin.

Wa gba iyi! Ori e pe gan!
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by lawbabs: 4:52am On Jun 20, 2013
Awake9ja:

SO THEN WHY ARE YOU GUYS ANGRY WITH ACHEBE SINCE HE TOO TALKS IN RIDDLES IN HIS BOOK "THERE WAS A COUNTRY"

hahaha hehehe a snake can only begot a snake ,
but a lion always begots his likes.

My brother, when did I tell u I was angry @Chinua Achebe's work? Maybe in ur dream! Lol! grin
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Nobody: 5:10am On Jun 20, 2013
See how WS was able to place these people where they rightfully belong without them being able to decipher. If they had, they would have infested this thread long time ago.
Re: Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell by Handsomeemmy(m): 5:19am On Jun 20, 2013
wellmax: Its worth the time to read
Truly worth the time to read.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Cry For Help to the ogun state government / Bauchi Fraud: How APC Headquarters Cheated Candidate Who Won Party’s Primaries / Governor Ganduje Queries Emir Sanusi Over Alleged N3.4bn Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.