Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! (13994 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Listening To Worldly Music,worldly Jokes And Movies Is An Abomination To GOD / Sunday Worship Is The "mark Of The Beast" And Sabbath Is The Seal Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2013
So you are saying the Catholic Church is the temple of God.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2013
italo: So you are saying the Catholic Church is the temple of God.

I am sure you saw what the bible says, being a temple of God as not stopped the devil from taking his sit there, pretending to be infallible. That is the condition of your church, its conclusion is-

10 And by unlimited seduction to evil and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing (going to perdition) because they did not welcome the Truth but refused to love it that they might be saved.
11 Therefore God sends upon them a misleading influence, a working of error and a strong delusion to make them believe what is false,

You better wake up
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 2:42pm On Jul 01, 2013
shdemidemi:

Again, this is not contradictory but rather a whole different scenario like you said. Paul is speaking to the Body of Christ, and James, Peter, John are speaking to the believing element of the Nation of Israel. And the Nation of Israel and the Body of Christ are completely different - that’s the way God has separated them. For example, the believing element of the Nation of Israel had believed for their salvation that Jesus was the Son of God, (their Messiah); they had repented of their sins and had been baptized in water. (Matthew 16:16 and Acts 2:38) Whereas, Paul’s Gospel tells the Body of Christ that, for salvation, we must believe in our heart that Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose from the dead.

In other words, there’s no reference to the Body of Christ. There’s no reference to the working and the controlling of the Holy Spirit with the gospel preached by the Jewish sect.

As for the Lord and King question. The church is Christ's mystical body, He is not the king of the church because we make up His body, on the other hand He is the king of the Jews -

Two entities make up a kingdom- a king and his subject

In the book of acts1 they asked Christ 6 So when they were assembled, they asked Him, Lord, is this the time when You will reestablish the kingdom and restore it to Israel?

The question was a legitimate question but Christ had other plans before that could happen which is the gospel of grace for the entire world.

Christ did not say no, it won't happen. He said to them, It is not for you to become acquainted with and know [b]what time brings [the things and events of time and their definite periods] or fixed [c]years and seasons (their critical niche in time), which the Father has appointed (fixed and reserved) by His own choice and authority and personal power[/

All i wanted is the scripture clearly supporting that, king to the Jews and Lord to the Gentiles.

We have one Lord- Jesus and he is the king of God's kingdom. Therefore he is the king of all, both Jews and Gentile.

The promise was made to the Israelites first before it was extended to the Gentile. That was why they asked him that question in act from where you quoted cos they where not aware it now includes other nations..

How the Gospel was preached to the gentile may differ because they don't have the law of Moses but it is still the same gospel of Christ.

It is still one King, one Lord(over all), one Christ, one gospel for two sects- the Jews and the Gentile.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2013
Shdemidemi has finally proven that the catholic church is the temple of God.He only has issues with the pope.While I leave the pope for God I am very pleased to belong to the temple of God.

1 Like

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2013
Lets start this way-

Romans 15
8 For I tell you that Christ (the Messiah) became a servant and a minister to the circumcised (the Jews) in order to show God’s truthfulness and honesty by confirming (verifying) the promises [given] to our fathers,
Mathew 10:5
Jesus sent out these twelve, charging them, Go nowhere among the Gentiles and do not go into any town of the Samaritans;

By scripture, do you agree christ's earthly ministry was primarily for the Jews with two exceptions where he had encounters with Gentiles
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by SalC: 2:59pm On Jul 01, 2013
italo: I already made you prove it on this thread. You called it "the temple of God."

That is how I like to work.
Weldon bro
He has confessed.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 3:06pm On Jul 01, 2013
Sal C: Weldon bro
He has confessed.

Ok sal c, if that is what you want to believe I have said, it is fine.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by SalC: 3:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
shdemidemi:

Ok sal c, if that is what you want to believe I have said, it is fine.
I didn't just want to believe but I read it up there.

Trust you are doing great sir?.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2013
Sal C: I didn't just want to believe but I read it up there.

Trust you are doing great sir?.
You have your volition to choose what you want for yourself, Thanks for your contributions all the same.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2013
chukwudi44: Shdemidemi has finally proven that the catholic church is the temple of God.He only has issues with the pope.While I leave the pope for God I am very pleased to belong to the temple of God.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
Amplified Bible (AMP)
3 Let no one deceive or beguile you
in any way, for that day will not
come except the [a]apostasy comes
first [unless the predicted great [b]
falling away of those who have
professed to be Christians has
come], and the man of lawlessness
(sin) is revealed, who is the son of
doom (of perdition),
4 Who opposes and exalts himself
so proudly and insolently against
and over all that is called God or
that is worshiped, [even to his
actually] taking his seat in the
temple of God, proclaiming that he
himself is God.

Are you saying this prophecy is meant for the Pope, since you belong to that same temple of God where he makes himself God?

Did Jesus say he makes himself "God" instead of "god"?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 10:24pm On Jul 01, 2013
Sal C: Weldon bro
He has confessed.

Have you not read tha The isrealites worshiped idol in the temple of God.
heartbreak for those who are rejoicing because they saw catholic church was referred to as the temple of God

SMH for those who are influenced by the one who make himself God in the temple of God.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 5:48am On Jul 02, 2013
Boomark:

All i wanted is the scripture clearly supporting that, king to the Jews and Lord to the Gentiles.

We have one Lord- Jesus and he is the king of God's kingdom. Therefore he is the king of all, both Jews and Gentile.

The promise was made to the Israelites first before it was extended to the Gentile. That was why they asked him that question in act from where you quoted cos they where not aware it now includes other nations..

How the Gospel was preached to the gentile may differ because they don't have the law of Moses but it is still the same gospel of Christ.

It is still one King, one Lord(over all), one Christ, one gospel for two sects- the Jews and the Gentile.

Ah! Even you can spot heresy when you see one?

Blessed be the name of the Lord.

1 Like

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 5:55am On Jul 02, 2013
Boomark:

heartbreak for those who are rejoicing because they saw catholic church was referred to as the temple of God

SMH for those who are influenced by the one who make himself God in the temple of God.

Dont worry about us. At least you say we are in God's temple. We leave the pope to God to handle.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 8:21am On Jul 02, 2013
italo:

Dont worry about us. At least you say we are in God's temple. We leave the pope to God to handle.

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Thank God you agree the pope has a case to answer but His followers too shall also be condemned, don't be too comfortable.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 8:54am On Jul 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Thank God you agree the pope has a case to answer but His followers too shall also be condemned, don't be too comfortable.

The pope has a case to answer. His accusers have a case to answer. Every human being has a case to answer.

But we are glad to be in the temple of God.

1 Like

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 9:02am On Jul 02, 2013
italo:

The pope has a case to answer. His accusers have a case to answer. Every human being has a case to answer.

But we are glad to be in the temple of God.

Ok, I think I get what you mean. You are there because, it is a temple of God, you don't follow their doctrines like calling Mary your mother, staying celibate to enhance holiness, doctrine of universality, reverencing images etc. Right?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 9:12am On Jul 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

Ok, I think I get what you mean. You are there because, it is a temple of God, you don't follow their doctrines like calling Mary your mother, staying celibate to enhance holiness, doctrine of universality, reverencing images etc. Right?

You "think!"

As usual, your thinking is flawed...to say the least.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 9:16am On Jul 02, 2013
italo:

You "think!"

As usual, your thinking is flawed...to say the least.

So you say...the bible says you all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness by following the doctrine of seducing spirits. We both agree the pope is on his own with the satan, right? But the bible says you also might be damned by following those doctrines.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by SalC: 9:19am On Jul 02, 2013
Boomark:

If God allow people to go into his temple and worship idol that's between them. My concern is that I worship God in his temple.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by SalC: 9:25am On Jul 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

So you say...the bible says you all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness by following the doctrine of seducing spirits. We both agree the pope is on his own with the satan, right? But the bible says you also might be damned by following those doctrines.
Why do you always read odd meanings into peoples post. Who ever told you that"Pope is on his own with satan"
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 9:27am On Jul 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

If that were the case, we would all be doomed. The pope gave us the Bible which you adhere to. If the pope is satanic, then the bible is satanic.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 9:37am On Jul 02, 2013
italo:

If that were the case, we would all be doomed. The pope gave us the Bible which you adhere to. If the pope is satanic, then the bible is satanic.

WRONG WRONG WRONG.. the pope gave me nothing, I don't know if he gave you his bible.

The Holy Scripture is totally inspired by God, authoritative, inerrant and God breathed.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 9:43am On Jul 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

WRONG WRONG WRONG.. the pope gave me nothing, I don't know if he gave you his bible.

The Holy Scripture is totally inspired by God, authoritative, inerrant and God breathed.

You were told that by the Pope. So if the pope is satanic, you're doomed.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 9:55am On Jul 02, 2013
italo:

You were told that by the Pope. So if the pope is satanic, you're doomed.

What part of the scripture did your pope say that?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 10:01am On Jul 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

What part of the scripture did your pope say that?

The part of scripture in which God told men to pick some books and discard others, to compile the Bible and read it.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2013
italo:

The part of scripture in which God told men to pick some books and discard others, to compile the Bible and read it.

what chapter please?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

what chapter please?

The one in which God told men to pick some books and discard others, to compile the Bible and read it.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 8:46pm On Jul 02, 2013
italo:

The problem is not being in the temple of God. Do you worship/honor the son of perdition, knowing fully well he is not of God? Do you live by what he give? He is not there as a "photo," he influence billions of people who call him father.

No wonder you all are being deceived by oral tradition from him instead of sticking with the scriptures.

Can you tell us that the pope has no influence on you?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 8:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
Sal C: If God allow people to go into his temple and worship idol that's between them. My concern is that I worship God in his temple.

The samaritans fear God but worship idol. For you to truly worship God in spirit and in truth, you must not be led/influenced by the son of perdition and his doctrine.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 10:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
Boomark:

The problem is not being in the temple of God. Do you worship/honor the son of perdition, knowing fully well he is not of God? Do you live by what he give? He is not there as a "photo," he influence billions of people who call him father.

No wonder you all are being deceived by oral tradition from him instead of sticking with the scriptures.

I should be asking you whether you worship the son of perdition. It is you that know him well, we dont.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 10:07pm On Jul 02, 2013
Boomark:

The samaritans fear God but worship idol. For you to truly worship God in spirit and in truth, you must not be led/influenced by the son of perdition and his doctrine.

We arent.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by SalC: 6:35am On Jul 03, 2013
Boomark:

Till you prove your elders in Brooklyn have no influence on you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakilome's Phone Number / Endtimes : Commonsense Reasons Why Jesus Returns Before 2040 - Don Koenig / Revd Michael Olusegun Is The New Methodist Church Archbishop Of Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.