Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,635 members, 7,955,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

What Lurks In The Dark - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Lurks In The Dark (33289 Views)

Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) / The Dark Tommorow / The Dark Side Of “christ Embassy” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
No kill person wid suspense o.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 2:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
Damex333: No kill person wid suspense o.

lolz...
im posting the next episode right away.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 2:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
"It took you all of eternity locked up in the toilet. What took you long" capon asked.  His mood equilibrum.

I MAZED.
I knew lying was my only option, beside I don't know what I was doing. I don't know what I saw. I was only on my way to the lavatory, when I met a strange girl.
Amanda.

But it would be mega folly if I had said what happened. I thought of something immediatey. Something quite humorous. Well I didn't know how far it was going to take me.

I darred anyway, keeping my mouth from shaking, my eyes from being dim, and my words well spelt out, I spoke.

"Sir. I thought I wanted to urinate as I said.
But oh my God as I got out there I felt something as hard as stone in my belly. It was so strong, it emmited some gasses like a rocket trying to take off...
I couldn't control it. I felt all my senses telling me I had to do the big thing, you know the big thing huh?
So I was doing it, infact I had just cleaned my buttocks when he...came in...th toilet as soo neat, thank you"

I ended with a weird smile.  All I was attempting was rhetorics, the art of winning mens heart with words. I knew if this guys saw me as some smart kid, I may be pardonned.

I was soo funny, that everyone at once burst into laughter...it was a shock...

Well that was my thought nobody laughed (winks)
Rather they all looked at me like a god forsaken idiot.

"Fool!" capon muttered beneath hiss breadth.
My heart shifted.

"He is a cool guy" pastor Salami said.

"Really, he is a chosen...hahaha" capon said and started laughing.
Every one joined the chariot, and like the sound of many waters they laughed throwing their heads to their backs, with legs in the air.
Even my right hand man, whose face had being stone cold gave a vain smile.

What I couldn't figure out was whether I was chosen to do evil, or I was chosen to be victimised of evil.
If I was left to choose, I would choose the first.
Because that's the only thing that can save my life among the two options, at least for a while.

As the wid laughter subsided.

"Come 'n seat here beside me".  Pastor Salami said shifting his round buttocks to the left, mr familiar also shifted a little, thereby creating space for me to seat in the dungeon of evil. Don't mind my terms, that was how I felt.

I looked at the pastors roung face, all his face said was
come 'n seat, I mean it.

If the pastor had offered me a seat yesterday, while I was still home, I would have being the happiest person in this world. But now it was crystal clear who he was...
A DEMON SENT FROM HELL!

"Go and join him, and don't stand like some stick" capon said a bit upset. I noticed something immediately about capon, he has lots of idiosyncracies, his mood changes like temprature.

I looked at capon, then to the man on his left in back o'eralls, then at mr familiar on his left side, and then to the pastors urging face.

Immediately I rememered my dads favourite psalm.

Any day he is soo tired after a stressful day, and yet we must pray before we go to bed, He would normally call us to the passage. We all we hold our hands, and with our sleepy heads proceessing just one data, sleep!
We all would recite...

The lord is my shepherd I shall not want...
Though I walk through the valley o the shadow of death I will fear no evil...
For thou art with me my rod and my staff...

I could hear everybodys voice whipering as I dragged my feet towards my summoners.
The picture was a shadow, sinking into the grave at twelve midnight, with crickets singing terrifying elegies.
The voices echoed in reminiscence, like it was real.

A tear almost dropped.

On the table that I was now closer to, was the head of SANDRA, my lover, and a familiar.
Still on the table was a ring, with a well engraved image of a hungry vulture, mouth wide opened, ready to devour. I almost heard her cry out for food.
I knew it was a juju ring.
Yet there were others, that I didn't know of.
I was scared.

I took another step, in negative geo-tropism from the table. I tried to shield my fears and worries.
So they wouldn't read my mind.

As I dropped my buttocks into the velvety sofa, my heart bang.
EVIL!
Sitting close to Pastor S.  Two question poped up in my mind.

Is pastor Salami Jacobs a ritualist or a cannibal?
I didn't get an answer but I kne that whatever or whoever he was, he wasn't far from four letters....
EVIL.

SILENCE.

I don't know why, everywhere became silent as I sat.
Then at once remembered what I read in a book,
It reads...
An angel passes every twenty to and twenty after.

I've being observing it for sometime, and it had seem quite true. I checked my time...

Twenty minutes to three

I wasn't soo supriced like the first time I heard it.
I felt if trully or mythologically an angel was here I could make just one wish.
I prayed just one prayer in my mind.

'Angel of the lord or of the devil, please grant me the security of Amanda that we both may see again.
For I feel together we have a potential to of a good fate'
That was all.
I felt something said...granted.
Well whatever it was, I don't know. I just did.
I felt diaolical.

"Do you know pastor Salami Jacobs?"  Capon asked firmly.

I knew there were just two answers.
YES OR NO.

YES would be disastrous because I would just be signing my death papers, or forever bondage in this place. This is because I know that for nothing would the pator sell his name, not even at the expence of a countless like me.

NO would be just perfect, only that it would be a mere lie.  Well it would save my back.

But I never wanted either of the two options. There was a back door!

"Oh pastor Salami Jacobs? Oh he is a pastor?"  I said in the best way actable.

I saw the dissapointment in their faces. Capon hadn't couched the qestion properly.

"Do you know before now if I was a pastor". He said in a loud whisper. 

I was dumb.

"Can't you answer?" Capon said impatiently.

I was speaking, but my lips were glued, just like my tongue was also glued to the roof of my mouth.

" I don't know" I eventually said.

"You don't know? My right hand man questioned"

"No"

I saw capons eye move. I knew what was comming. I had received it before.

GBOARGHH. 
My consignment finaly arrived.

My right hand man had moved to my back and given me a dirty slap. I didn't know when the words jumped out. "I know him, he is our pastor"

But nobody heard, it was a whisper.

My face was hibernating in my palms, opened.

Pastor Salami Touched me.
I feared he was trying to hypnotise me.
"You knew me before" he said soft with assurance.

I raised my head and looked at him. How dark in the con of man.
"YES" I finally said.

"Good, where?"

"Kaduna"

SILENCE.

"Sir help me I am your son, where am i?"

He laughed softly. Although within I rejected ever being his son. I can't be a son to the devil!

"Do you know what?" He asked.

I kept mute and looked into his eyes.

He brought out a SAMSUNG GALAXY TAP.
Then he handed it over to me.
I carried it as a baby.
He pressed a button by the side and the light came up.
Suddenly I saw he had opened the bible.

"Read verse 29"

I looked at it. It was JOB 30:29

Horror filled my heart as I looked into the bible.

"Read it out". He said

ALOUD

" I AM A BROTHER TO DRAGONS, AND COMPANION TO OWLS..."

My heart shifted.

So the bible had prophesied my DOOM.

I LOOKED AT HIM.
HE NODD ED.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2013
"It took you all of eternity locked up in the toilet. What took you long" capon asked.  His mood equilibrum.

I MAZED.
I knew lying was my only option, beside I don't know what I was doing. I don't know what I saw. I was only on my way to the lavatory, when I met a strange girl.
Amanda.

But it would be mega folly if I had said what happened. I thought of something immediatey. Something quite humorous. Well I didn't know how far it was going to take me.

I darred anyway, keeping my mouth from shaking, my eyes from being dim, and my words well spelt out, I spoke.

"Sir. I thought I wanted to urinate as I said.
But oh my God as I got out there I felt something as hard as stone in my belly. It was so strong, it emmited some gasses like a rocket trying to take off...
I couldn't control it. I felt all my senses telling me I had to do the big thing, you know the big thing huh?
So I was doing it, infact I had just cleaned my buttocks when he...came in...th toilet as soo neat, thank you"

I ended with a weird smile.  All I was attempting was rhetorics, the art of winning mens heart with words. I knew if this guys saw me as some smart kid, I may be pardonned.

I was soo funny, that everyone at once burst into laughter...it was a shock...

Well that was my thought nobody laughed (winks)
Rather they all looked at me like a god forsaken idiot.

"Fool!" capon muttered beneath hiss breadth.
My heart shifted.

"He is a cool guy" pastor Salami said.

"Really, he is a chosen...hahaha" capon said and started laughing.
Every one joined the chariot, and like the sound of many waters they laughed throwing their heads to their backs, with legs in the air.
Even my right hand man, whose face had being stone cold gave a vain smile.

What I couldn't figure out was whether I was chosen to do evil, or I was chosen to be victimised of evil.
If I was left to choose, I would choose the first.
Because that's the only thing that can save my life among the two options, at least for a while.

As the wid laughter subsided.

"Come 'n seat here beside me".  Pastor Salami said shifting his round buttocks to the left, mr familiar also shifted a little, thereby creating space for me to seat in the dungeon of evil. Don't mind my terms, that was how I felt.

I looked at the pastors roung face, all his face said was
come 'n seat, I mean it.

If the pastor had offered me a seat yesterday, while I was still home, I would have being the happiest person in this world. But now it was crystal clear who he was...
A DEMON SENT FROM HELL!

"Go and join him, and don't stand like some stick" capon said a bit upset. I noticed something immediately about capon, he has lots of idiosyncracies, his mood changes like temprature.

I looked at capon, then to the man on his left in back o'eralls, then at mr familiar on his left side, and then to the pastors urging face.

Immediately I rememered my dads favourite psalm.

Any day he is soo tired after a stressful day, and yet we must pray before we go to bed, He would normally call us to the passage. We all we hold our hands, and with our sleepy heads proceessing just one data, sleep!
We all would recite...

The lord is my shepherd I shall not want...
Though I walk through the valley o the shadow of death I will fear no evil...
For thou art with me my rod and my staff...

I could hear everybodys voice whipering as I dragged my feet towards my summoners.
The picture was a shadow, sinking into the grave at twelve midnight, with crickets singing terrifying elegies.
The voices echoed in reminiscence, like it was real.

A tear almost dropped.

On the table that I was now closer to, was the head of SANDRA, my lover, and a familiar.
Still on the table was a ring, with a well engraved image of a hungry vulture, mouth wide opened, ready to devour. I almost heard her cry out for food.
I knew it was a juju ring.
Yet there were others, that I didn't know of.
I was scared.

I took another step, in negative geo-tropism from the table. I tried to shield my fears and worries.
So they wouldn't read my mind.

As I dropped my buttocks into the velvety sofa, my heart bang.
EVIL!
Sitting close to Pastor S.  Two question poped up in my mind.

Is pastor Salami Jacobs a ritualist or a cannibal?
I didn't get an answer but I kne that whatever or whoever he was, he wasn't far from four letters....
EVIL.

SILENCE.

I don't know why, everywhere became silent as I sat.
Then at once remembered what I read in a book,
It reads...
An angel passes every twenty to and twenty after.

I've being observing it for sometime, and it had seem quite true. I checked my time...

Twenty minutes to three

I wasn't soo supriced like the first time I heard it.
I felt if trully or mythologically an angel was here I could make just one wish.
I prayed just one prayer in my mind.

'Angel of the lord or of the devil, please grant me the security of Amanda that we both may see again.
For I feel together we have a potential to of a good fate'
That was all.
I felt something said...granted.
Well whatever it was, I don't know. I just did.
I felt diaolical.

"Do you know pastor Salami Jacobs?"  Capon asked firmly.

I knew there were just two answers.
YES OR NO.

YES would be disastrous because I would just be signing my death papers, or forever bondage in this place. This is because I know that for nothing would the pator sell his name, not even at the expence of a countless like me.

NO would be just perfect, only that it would be a mere lie.  Well it would save my back.

But I never wanted either of the two options. There was a back door!

"Oh pastor Salami Jacobs? Oh he is a pastor?"  I said in the best way actable.

I saw the dissapointment in their faces. Capon hadn't couched the qestion properly.

"Do you know before now if I was a pastor". He said in a loud whisper. 

I was dumb.

"Can't you answer?" Capon said impatiently.

I was speaking, but my lips were glued, just like my tongue was also glued to the roof of my mouth.

" I don't know" I eventually said.

"You don't know? My right hand man questioned"

"No"

I saw capons eye move. I knew what was comming. I had received it before.

GBOARGHH. 
My consignment finaly arrived.

My right hand man had moved to my back and given me a dirty slap. I didn't know when the words jumped out. "I know him, he is our pastor"

But nobody heard, it was a whisper.

My face was hibernating in my palms, opened.

Pastor Salami Touched me.
I feared he was trying to hypnotise me.
"You knew me before" he said soft with assurance.

I raised my head and looked at him. How dark in the con of man.
"YES" I finally said.

"Good, where?"

"Kaduna"

SILENCE.

"Sir help me I am your son, where am i?"

He laughed softly. Although within I rejected ever being his son. I can't be a son to the devil!

"Do you know what?" He asked.

I kept mute and looked into his eyes.

He brought out a SAMSUNG GALAXY TAP.
Then he handed it over to me.
I carried it as a baby.
He pressed a button by the side and the light came up.
Suddenly I saw he had opened the bible.

"Read verse 29"

I looked at it. It was JOB 30:29

Horror filled my heart as I looked into the bible.

"Read it out". He said

ALOUD

" I AM A BROTHER TO DRAGONS, AND COMPANION TO OWLS..."

My heart shifted.

So the bible had prophesied my DOOM.

I LOOKED AT HIM.
HE NODD ED.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by profjingo(m): 11:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
Wonderful story..nd great writing skills
Just keep d updates coming regularly.

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 12:40am On Aug 02, 2013
profjingo: Wonderful story..nd great writing skills
Just keep d updates coming regularly.

noted.
ill kip u posted, always....
a lil comment spurs...to inferno.
thanks i app.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jemecks(m): 8:00am On Aug 02, 2013
my guy i dey feel ur swagg ,carry go i dey ur bk.Nice story bro

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 11:57am On Aug 02, 2013
jemecks: my guy i dey feel ur swagg ,carry go i dey ur bk.Nice story bro

thanks mahn
updates comes soon.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 11:57am On Aug 02, 2013
jemecks: my guy i dey feel ur swagg ,carry go i dey ur bk.Nice story bro

thanks mahn
updates come soon.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2013
" I AM A BROTHER TO DRAGONS, AND A COMPANION TO OWLS..."
I COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT I HAD JUST READ!

I looked into the words again, the words that spotted me in a world of miseries and mysteries, yet it defined my purpose; therby knowing my exact latitude and longitude on the globe....locating me and even the tiny musician of doom, the owl.

Now I knew there were just two personalities in here, the dragon and the owl.

'Every word of God is pure...' I heard something say that I didn't know if I was the person that said that or it was Pastor S. But where ever it came from was immaterial at the moment.

I knew the word of God was pure, even though the preacher of the word may be scandalous. I took the bitter part of the word, and it was sweet in my belly. I knew one thing was sure, if the bible tells me of my present unfortunate condition, it wouldn't also fail to show me the way out.

My heart smiled.
I felt I had gotten my deus ex machina.
Just then I began to feel a little hunger and thirst for the word.
It had never being my life to on my own pick up a book called the bible. Although I have one , but the only time I get to open it is when I'm in some devotion or a church service.

Our pastor in kaduna wasn't soo much of the word. He feeds us with commedy, stories and beautiful music. The church is always lively. Well we were searching for such when we left our very serious and achaic church.

They run their services like burial ceremonies, and we would all seat in soberness and serenity our knees knocking against each other, like we are in some grave yard mourning the souls of the faithful daparted.

Our hearts would split into shreads, and the diving part would still pound heavilly by the virtue of the hot and raw message that comes from our pastor. We would sweat when they talk of hell and heaven. Our lips would become dumb, each lip grazing herself in horror. We would pray long prayers, I waonder if it takes time for God to hear his children calling on him.

The pastor hardly creates humor, infact it looked like a sin to do such. I had always wondered if the heaven and righteousness he spoke of was that borring and ellegic!
We got fed up...

We got our new church...
THE SPIRIT AND THE BLOOD REDEMPTION MINISTRY,
OVERSEERED BY PASTOR SALAMI JACOBS.

At the time we got to know the church, I had just read the book by TIM LAHAYE. WHY YOU ACT THE WAY YOU DO. A psychological book based on tempraental behaviours.

I was so thrilled by a tempramental behaviour called sanguine. That was the only temprament that looked like me among, the others (melancholy, phlegmatic and choleric)

I was soo thrilled and I felt psychologist were wizards and witches to be able to desribe me in full.
In my curiousity I had rushed to check the meaning of sanguine on the net.

I typed...
'Sanguine'
On wikepedia...

PROCESSING...

Then it came out
'Sangine...from a Latin and Greek word, 'sanguis'
meaning...
BLOOD!

To me for a sanguine two words were important in definition.

The spirit and the blood.

The spirit of a sanguine comes heavilly and suddenly. At that instance there is a rush of blood, like the effect of the wonderful hormone; adrenaline. It overtakes the individual giving him the guts and power he needs to fufil his extreme evervescence or repulsive aggression, all in a relieving process called catharsis.

That cold evening, dad had just arrived from a workers metting in our former church. He was really upset about something or probably a new policy he didn't really like. He had had serious issues with the church before. Then in anger he had spoken,
.... although he meant what he said...

"We are leaving this first generation church for a better church. They are all idiots from the pastor to the pew. I don't know how they reason, they reason like some kind of primitive animals..." he was soo vulgar that night.
I panicked greatly at his provocation.

If a member from our former church was there then, I could imagine what he or she would have said...
"You have lost ALL your salvation( as if salvation is measured in mudus) ...infact you have blasphemed, I pray God will forgive you. Ahh daddy David! you are now perverse, in short you are on your way to apostacy!"
Lool.

Dad continued.
"Our new church now is...
THE SPIRIT AND THE BLOOD..."
As he made mention of the 'spirit and the blood' it rang loud bells in my mind.
In a milli second my mind told me we were going to a sanguine church, by the virtue of the two words...spirit and blood.
I was right... the church was soo lively, not like our former church of BOREDOM!
No one opposed my dad or the church, he had his say and had his way. We all followed like diciples.
That was three years ago.

BUT as the days passed by, I began to see things in the name of our church. It looked realy ambiguous.

One of the few days I got to open my bible, I saw something like the name of our church.

It read...

"the spirit and the blood beareth witness that we are..."
"There are three things that beareth witness in heaven, the water the spirit and the blood"

When I came across these verses, I felt the pastor just wanted to give the church a name that's sounds out of this world. 'The spirit and the blood bears witness in heaven'. To me it was just a way of refearing to God.
I wished I was right.

Another time I saw...
" the spirit and the water..." there was no blood.

I was so inquisitive then, and I kept the spirit and the water issue in my mind.
That day in chrch I was really lucky, the pastor was preaching the baptism of Jesus Christ in river Jordan.

He said
" A SPIRIT spoke from heaven called God, while JESUS was still inside the water being baptised of John....and the voice said..." in his phonectical voice like most pastors.
At once my mind shouted.
BINGO!
I felt I was right. I had just seen the two important words.But I knew something was missing in the name of our church...
The water.

I tried to know what the water was by asking some people. But I didn't get anything substantial. My friends were people like me that do not read the bible.
But another day in church we were singing a common song and I felt I got my answer.

Let your living water flow over my soul.
Let your holy spirit come and take control..."

In the service that same day, the pastor read from a passage before sprinkling a water on us which they called 'the holy water' (they do that at times in the name of baptism or cleansing)

He read...
"And I will sprinkle clean water upon you and you shall be made clean...."

Then I began wondering why the pastor didn't make the church
The spirit, the water and the blood ministry.
He omitted the water. And I was wondering if he never wanted a clean church.

That was the closest part I got to the truth. And that was also the first and last real research I did from the bible.

Nothing looked realy plausible from my researches, so I gave up on trying.

One day I asked my dad what it meant, and he said-
"You are made of spirit and blood that's all that's important to you".
That was one of the most annoying answers I had ever gotten from my dad in my frequent questions of curiousity. But I didn't just press it. I never wanted to make a mountain from a molehill.

Never had the name of my church brought so grave suspicion like it brought at that moment.

Seeing my pastor with human heads...
In a company of cannibals, which he sat among them like an alter ego...
Then considering the blood that was shed...
The blood of Sandra and others...
Then the spirit that moved in a shoe, a legless shoe,
The spirit that knew my name...
The spirit that matchmaked Amanda and I...
The spirit that took Amanda into the crescent passage, and ever since I've being bothered about her safety...

My heart trembled, my brain almost 'prisoned break' out of my skull...my mind smelt a rat...my soul had goose pimples that tickled my flesh from underneth...

THE SPIRIT AND THE BLOOD REDEMPTION MINISTRY

Although I couldn't fix my premises properly to a reasonable conclusion, either way I felt there was more to the meaning of the church's name than just sanguine or sanguis.

I began to feel that I have washed in the waters of spiritism and in the blood of perversion.

I began to feel diabolical.

I took my eyes off the SAMSUNG GALAXY TAP to take a reglimpse of my environment.
My eyes swept through the gigantic building in a fast swip like a hungry vultuture searching through earth for her prey.

I was tempted to ask pastor Salami what he eant by the church. But was was running through my mind was really great. I dropped my head it was hot like an ancient tecno phone trying to access the net.

I raised my head and looked at the two beheaded head in my front and the vulture ring...

SUDDENLY...

One thing struck me so hard. And like a hot flash it swept through my mind.

THE GENESIS.

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2013
THE GENESIS.

IN THE BEGINING WAS MY LOVE
AND MY LOVE WAS WITH SANDRA
AND SANDRA WAS MY LOVE!
The book of flash back.

2:15AM THURSDAY.

The bliss that joined Sandra and I was so fantastic, although sudden. Something was so dissimilar, it was like destiny played us. CUPID the Roman god of love, had made us fall in love soo fast to make it possibe that someone finds love before death finds her...
That was my beloved,
SANDRA.

As our bus roared fast and deep into the night, everyone began to fall asleep, some snorred like frogs beeping to their loved ones, at the peak of their 'heat'.

But I noticed something quite strange in the bus, it was like there was a guardian in every roll of the bus. Someone on each roll did not fall asleep.

Sandra had fallen on my chest and made it her velvety bed. She was breathing softly. Her aura smelt like coffee and strawberry. Her smell was great, it made my stomach sing.

Her ferminity pressed strongly against my chest. It should have taken me like a light train, swift! into the dream world. But somehow against the hot urge to sleep, I felt like the guardian of her soul.

I felt uncanny that sleeping would only create a very easy avenue, for the devil to take her out from the warmth of my arms. I wouldn't let that! Rather I caressed her hair softly, trying to stretch every bit cytoplasmic strand, of her natural but relaxed hair.
My hand was oily, but the oil made it sweeter, thereby, eliminating the heat of friction.

From my blurry sight, blurred by sleep and pleasure, I could see the guardians keeping strongly awake. It was at this point I began smelling a rat.

The man on my left, same roll, but towards the window who scolded me previously that I was not in an hotel... That glorious moment when I wanted to kiss Sandra,when he thwarted all my hopes, and thwarted it for life...

According to me he was the first guardian. He wore a jean and a black shirt. His eyes were wide opened as if he had taken alomo

Another man stood dirrectly in front of him, that is at the middle roll of the bus. The man also wore a black shirt.
Because he sat in my front, I coudnt see the trouser he was wearing, but instinct told me it was also a jean.

In the first roll behind the driver, a man also sat awake (among the rest sleepy heads) his countenance calm. I called him guardian three by my observations. I never saw his face. Maybe it would have made two familiars in future. He sat at the conductors seat. I also observed that he was wearing a back shirt too.

Suddenly the door of my eyes opened with full force, like a break out of proud waters through dykes.
Sleep took her flight.
I robbed my eyes.
Curiousity took the wheels.
My brow rose up with suspicion.
I smelt rats!

I tried to look at the driver. I coudnt see his full body or atire. But I saw a part of his broad shoulder that stood sharp and firm like a rectangle. By the virtue of the glance of him I could picture, I observed that he was wearing a black shirt, but more different than others he was wearing a cloth cap, that looked like pancake.

Beside him was a sleeping fellow. Infact I could hear his horrible snore from the back seat where I sat.

I shifted my eyes right, and found the conclusion of my fears.
The man beside the sleepy head and beside the door,was also on black, wearing a cloth cap.

I started from the begining again. Five men in black shirts, two in cloth caps, all sitting at strategic locations. Everybody were asleep, save only five men in black attires. Five men with tight faces. Five men that looked cold as death. Five men with broad shoulders. Five rugged men. Five men representing the letters of doom and an exclamation mark.

It was like my body all turned to ice.
Oh God this cannot be hapening.

I began to sence that the heavy urge to sleep was not normal. I thought of what to do.
I wanted to wake Sandra, but I never wanted to impact in her the fear of what I'm unsure of.
'It could be a mere coincidence' I thought.
I knew the truth, and my mind spilled it out.
'You are only decieving yourself'
But I must decieve my self, if I must be calm.
I must save my soon found love from the greatest trouble in the universe, the trouble of the mind.
Afterall, she said I was a man, and that I must show, even if I may just be acting. It may not matter!

I felt my heart pounding faster and heavier. I turned to the guardian beside me. As I turned to look at him, it was like he had being monitoring me, immediately our eyes had jammed.
I didn't take it away, I didn't let his strong face or his matured beard keep me away, afterall I was having my little strands of hope to, poping out like a germinating maize out of my jaw.

'Lover boy, you not gonna sleep?" He said a bit convincing, showing concern.

"Why?" I said trying to see what he would say. Somehow his answer to the question would tell me if what I smelt was a headway to something or no.

"You didn't have a stressful day?" He asked.
"No my day was just like yours"
"No it can never be like mine" he replied with a vain smile.
"I am a night worker" he continued.
"If you are a night worker then you should travel in the day" I said logically.
"No you don't get it lover boy, lover boy you don't get it"

I smelt he was emphasising lover boy so that I would change the subject and start arguing that I ain't no lover boy. I knew I must endure the word untill I dig up what I wanted.

"Then let me get it"
As I said that, the man in black in his front looked back, the man in black in the conductors position also looked back. I looked ahed to see if the driver would also look back, but then our eyes met through the mirror.

My heart jerked.

It was not because I was shouting, but because I felt a strong unity among these strange men in black.

"I'm going to work" he said.
I disconnected my eyes from the driver via the mirror and looked at him again.

"Going to work? don't night duty start arround twelve or even tenPM?" I asked reducing my voice as my curiousity ascended.

"You don't understand"

"Then make me understand" I was stunned.

"You would understand later" he said in a devilish smile.

"Later? How?"

He gave another wicked smile. He was begining to piss me seriously.

"Okay Mr.Curious, you'll get to know that when you are grown"

As he said that I smelt an equivocation of expression. instinct told me at once that danger was near! If I'm to understand later as he said, then it means something waits for me. He wouldn't tell me, but even if he did it wouldn't make no difference.

He spoke that way making me smell a rat. I knew there was a better way he could have answered, but maybe he was on purpose, to put fear in me. I later wished I understood what he meant by 'later' ....
earlier before doom!

I looked at him, indepth.
He nodded.
I turned away and looked down on Sandra. She slept peacefuly like a coy child.
She had fallen on my laps, grooping for the maximum comfort getable.
She felt so innocent, somehow it made me feel more in charge. More of a man.

I knew there wasn't much I could do to ameliorate the situation, I knew very strongly that evil was near. I thought on the first thing to do that woudnt seem foolish.

I thought of stopping the driver and working out of the car, but that was foolish, I knew it would only be leaving a known evil to an unknown.

I thought of shouting to everyone to wake up and start praying to their Gods for we have devils in our midst! But I knew I couldn't do that, it would only be irrational.

I was a boy, and one thing thing I had always learnt about manhood, is the fact that as a man wisdom must prevail over emotions, whatever it maybe. Whether fear, love or pity. I knew better than an irrational decision.

I bowed my head to seek for inspiritaion. I didn't know how long I had to waith before the evil I smelt would take effect, whether long or short I knew I must act.

I raised my head and shifted the cotton on my left. I looked into the darkness, black as the shirt of the men... I percieved that their hearts wouldn't be antithesical.

The environment was quiet, only the engine of our bus roared. I looked more at the trees and the mountains seeking for wisdom, seeking for what action I should take, I knew I must do something but I couldn't figure it out.

As I was yet thinking, we came to some calm waters that gushed from a mountain. As we climbed the small bridge that elevated us from the tiny river, I looked more, greatly transfixed by its purity.

As I looked at the water I asked a simple question in my mind.

"Water, can I get an answer? What do I do? Can u fall as rain and cause a stampede which will eventually lead to a break down, and then my escape? What can you do for me. Water I need an answer"
In times of confusion any crazy act is possible.
Gradually we left the scene.

I kept quiet. Then something echoed in my mind.

Water...answer...rhymes....in water you get your answer.

That was it. In water I get my answer. I knew my mind had just figured out something for me. But still it was still ambiguous. I repeated it again, this time saying it out, but in a whisper.

IN WATER YOU GET YOUR ANSWER.

I was wondering if I was suppose to get water and pour on everybody. But that would be foolish?
I began to feel like some cryptologist, trying to break some deadly codes.

Water.
I looked arround, there was no water any where.
I was mazed.
I looked again, then I wondered, if atall I was going to. Pour the water on them, I knew that wasn't it atall.
Then I looked inwards.

Ooooops! I got it!

"I WANT TO PISS! DRIVER! ARE YOU THERE? ARE YOU HEARING ME, PLEASE PULL THE CAR ARROUND! ITS SERIOUS!" I was shouting. I knew a simple 'i want to piss' would suffice, but I had to make the words many, for it to accomplish its purpose.

It worked.
Sandra was the first to wake up.

The man beside me cursed beneath his breath.
Ten eyeballs looked at me differently.
You must be a mathmatician to understand who own the eye balls.

I smiled.

IN WATER YOU GET YOUR ANSWER!

I welcome your comments!
Keep it fixed!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
SUDDENLY...SOMETHING VERY STRANGE HAPPENED.

The whole earth became voidless. Nothing seemed to exist, it was like it was the first day of creation...the darknes was overwhelming. I was waiting for the next to happen. But nothing happened, at least not immediately.

There was no bus. There was no human. There were no more guardians, there was no Sandra, there was no sound...
Rather everythin' melted into an overwhelming darkness.
Was I in the buttomless pit? Was I in hell?
There was dead silence. I didn't hear the voice of millions of souls crying out. Where am I? How did I die?

Then gradually it was like a god from the spirit world began to pour hue into my darkness....and my darkness melted into hue.

The blackness that surronded me became lighter, and softer, it became normal darkness, but instead of it turning into white it became red...red like blood....
Then it became lighter....
Like a diluted red wine...
Gradually things were changing.
I was gradually feeling I was being urshered into a different world entirely. I began to sense creatures and movements all arround me.

Was that the devil and his agents comming for me? Or was it some short fearful creatures called demons? Was their presence so powerful that it turns blackness to redness? Well I didnt even think it to be God, maybe because I would be soo far away from the truth.

Then the red hue fadded into something that looked like orange mixed with yellow...I began feeling heavy, I began feeling gravity, I began...

Suddenly...

It was like a demon shut an arrow towards me, it came like the flash of light. It didn't hit my face or heart, it went straight into my ear drums and I heard a voice.

WAKE UP MY SON

The voice wasn't harsh and the voice wasn't soft, but it had a feeling it felt like a command.

I felt my eyes shaking.
Have I been dreaming? Oh God I am dreaming. Oh God I must dreaming, I must be dreaming! And now I must open my eyes and see dad and mom beside my bed saying,
"My son you have over slept, breakfast is on the dinning table"
Sandra never existed, Amanda never existed, I was never in some kind of bus, there were no guardians, none at all.

I was negotiating with fate.
But the voice said...
'Wake up my son'

Was I in the bus?
I openned my eyes and I saw two ridges. I focused and I discovered I could shake the ridges.
Oh damn it, this is not happening!
These are my fucking legs!

So I am sitting down right now.
A wave of hope flooded my heart.
Oh God I've being in the bus and you have being showing me visions, thank you that it never happened. Thank you that I met Sandra and she never died.

As I was about to raise my head and look at my beloved Sandra sitting right beside me, in her elegancy, her breath taking smile, and her long fingers that love to trespass my laps... I paused.

I didn't hear any engine roaring.
What is happening?

Oh my God this is great! Oh thank you...thank you...
I couldn't contain the joy that flooded my mind with my reassuring thought. My heart beeped with bliss and ecstacy.

'I am in Lagos! Rise and shine I told my self'
As I raised my head to see Lagos for the very first time of my life, I felt excited...
But oh no! what I saw was realy ugly.
I had succeded in decieving myself.
Self decit! I cursed beneath my breadth.

A fat hand curled around my laps....but the hands didn't pass any current. It was just dead, maybe because I'm actualy straight!

The first thing I saw was the door I came out from. I was back to zero point. My right hand man was now sitting beside the man that was sitting opposite me.

I surveyed the environment. What had they done to me? How did I fall asleep? But I wasn't dissy, I couldn't remember the last time I bowed my head and slept. At least I wouldn't have just fallen asleep.

I looked at the hand that curled on my righthand laps.
There was a ring on it.
Was I jazzed? Was it some charm or something?
I looked at the ring on the table, I looked at the hungry vulture engravement that was on it.
Had it changed location?
Did it move?
Was it used on me?

I looked back at the ring fixed on his index finger, it looked ordinary like a marriage ring. But I wasn't sure why it was on the index finger. I prayed the ring was normal. I didn't know how long I had been sleeping. But it didn't seem long. I was wondering what would have happened while my eyes were shut in a world like this.

This time I was sure Pastor S. Jacobs had being the one that called me out of my dream world calling me his son. It didn't look like I was dreaming. This was because every thing I saw was just the exact reminiscence of what happened.

I can remember I tried to look into the past. But all the time I've looked back in this house something bad had happened. The first time I looked back and I was captured, the other time I was slaped among other scenes. Now i looked back and found m self waking up like a dead man from the dream world.

I turned to look at pastor Salami, when I was suddenly interrupted by capon.

" in water you get your answer, what do you mean by that"
MY HEART JERKED HEAVILY.

How on earth did he get that word. I was the only one that got that word in my quandry state in the bus. Or can he look into my mind? Did they put me in some subconscious state inother to get my innermost thoughts.

I was dumfounded.

I feared to ask him how he got to know that. If I dared, I may receive another hot slap, like before, all in a form that looks like gross misconduct. I was dumb again, but I even feared to be dumb, because it attracts same slap of provocation.

"Sir...I...I. ...l". I stammered. I tried to control my self.
"Sir out of water comes an answer, is a phrase that is entirely strange, but if you want a simple explanation, I realy think a clue would be very much appreciated". I had never being that respectful.

Capon giggled,
Pastor. S removed his round fingers from my laps. I was glad he did. I felt relieved.
He put his palms crossed inbetween his legs. I didn't look at him, rather I focused on capon. I looked down, not being able to look into his eyes, not really for fear, but something else.
I looked rather at his legs. His black gown had stopped closed to his ancle. He wore a blue jean underneath.
On his left toe was a vulture ring that looked almost exactly like that of pastor S. I was a bit amazed, then he said something that I didn't realy hear.

"Sir you said?"

SILENCE.

I feared another slap was comming. I bowed my head, and cursed beneath my breath, 'why are these evil men maltreating me, what do they want from me. Let them dispose me rather than subject me in such ridiculous state of uncertainty.'
But the slap didn't come.

"You said it while you were taking your sudden nap"
Capon said.
I took note of the term, 'sudden nap'

I was scared. How could I have said that long phrase from my 'short nap' so audible and loud that capon heared it. Or was it the pastor that said it and echoed it to the room I felf confused.

" I was only sleep talking sir"

"I know" capon replied.

"Is it about the church?" The pastor asked.

I was flabberasted.
I've being having questions about the church and why it didn't incude water to make it the...
THE SPIRIT WATER AND BLOOD REDEMPTION MINISTRY.

Yet he just asked me, just like that.
I smelt it was a trap.

I couldn't doubt it further...
THIS MEN MUST HAVE READ MY MIND...
But the still voice was pressing...

But how did they get to do that?
I mopped in confusion.

Watch out for...
EIGHTEEN!
But before then... I need to hear from you. Seriously!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 05, 2013
Oh, at some point, i tot the story just finish, and all wat happened re just dreams but again d story continue, where is amanda? And everything that is happening is just a day or two stuff? Mehn, am in this till it finishes.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 9:19pm On Aug 05, 2013
Damex333: Oh, at some point, i tot the story just finish, and all wat happened re just dreams but again d story continue, where is amanda? And everything that is happening is just a day or two stuff? Mehn, am in this till it finishes.

thanks man...
everything so had bin less than a day.
from arround 8pm to 2am

the whole story would just be in about....
well thats my secret...

kip it fixed.

I ALMOST FORGOT
Amanda is inside,
u wana check on her?

do u fink she is fine where she is?
its urs to predict...
buh soon...
ull get to see her...

thanks
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 1:06pm On Aug 07, 2013
guys say sth...
i nid u criticise this work
both the gud bad and ugly

well next comes tonight!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 08, 2013
Shey u know say ur tonight don go sha. Me dey expect o. Make i go check that fine gal first
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2013
Damex333: Shey u know say ur tonight don go sha. Me dey expect o. Make i go check that fine gal first

lollz
watin for someone to say sth
u just did
here it comes...
episode eighteen!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2013
jayloyexten:

lollz
watin for someone to say sth
u just did
here it comes...
episode eighteen!
waiting mode activated.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2013
EPISODE 18

THREE MONSTERS STARRED ME IN THE FACE...
FROM HADES I SAW THE STARTLING MAZE...
Three questions they were before my gaze...
well engraved to take me to my grave!
SELAH

I didn't know who to answer first OR which to answer first. They both left in me three amazing questions.

Capon was deeply concerned with what I muttered in my unconscious state.

"In water you get your answer"

Suddenly I pictured the bus scene in a quick glance.
I could see my self muttering the phrase...
And the guardian on my right (Mr Familiar) watching close. Probably in my curiousity I had not taken cognisance of his presence. I was so focused trying to decrypt the secret in the phrase. Probably he heard the words and it troubled his mind, and my action after that was really akward.

Pastor Salami Jacobs had just brought a very difficult riddle.

"Does it relate to the church?"
The words broke my reasoning like a quick virus.

Now I pick the two words in my mind, and something beats my curiousity!

"Did they read my mind?"

I looked up to capon, he was seriously expecting an answer. I wondered what I was going to tell him. For the fear of keeping him waiting I framed something.

"Exuse me sir, you said I was sleeping, I can't even remember what I said, I I... I can't even understand what you meant by the phrase" I stammered, and it pained me that I did.

As I completed the sentence, Mr FAMILIAR that sat on my left threw me a suspiciou gaze.
I looked back at him but he could no keep the stare.

"The state in which you said it, it is quite impossible for you not to know the meaning of the word" capon continued.

"Excuse me sir? What state? Is someone conscious aseep? Or I was in a different state from being asleep..."

"You don't need to lie lover boy" Mr Familiar said looking straight.

"Lover boy?" The pastor chukled
I remembered how he spoilt my event with Sandra, and I will never forgive him. Not in this life!

Everyone gave a grin.

Suddenly,
Pastor Salami's hand grabbed my laps, and curled on it. I felt uneasy. His hand moved slowy from my knee, gently as if to cause pleasure, he moved like a tortise up to my danger zone. Just like Sandra's sensation.

I looked up. I wondered what he was doing.
But on everyone face was a slight grin.

The pastor didn't stop there, his left hand rose to my shoulder as if trying to milk my sweetness. His right hand swept very vast over my danger zone, the unexpeted happened, my body reacted.
Just like a film, his hand was curling over my chest, another hand rubbing my back to my shoulder.

I wanted to speak but no words came out.
He moved closer to me, this time his hands was like Sandras they moved fast to my neck, I almost closed my eyes. I didn't know what was happening and I didn't know how to stop it. My body was foolishly rising.

His hands got to the climax, and robbed my face pedantically and slowly with the back of his hands. As the hands robbed my face waves of fire were sparking inside of me. I was not still sure of what was happening. I was begining to feel irritated.

I looked somehow down and fearfully. I saw that the pastors manhood had stood like a crane, high as a mountain poppin' beneath his pant. Then I remembered when he said he had being having difficulties in meeting with his wife. But that didn't make much sence at that time.

Somehow I had no reason to doubt his intentions.
He didn't feel coy about what he was doing. Infact the people arround kept pin-drop silence as if they were hungry for 'something'

His two hands grabbed my face, one hand moved very fast from my chest hungrily to my danger zone and rose up in a matter of swiftness. I almost groaned. My body was begining to betray me. But I wouldn't let it.

His hands grabbed my face pulling it close to him, his lips was pouted and comming closer to me. I tried to shake my self off, but he held me firm, and woudnt let me go. I was almost struggling very hard. His hungry lips pressed forward towards me, my legs were kicking. He pressed his lips forward, I tried turning my face away from his. Our lips became close, this time I wouldn't give in.

Was this man trying to rape me? Well whatever he was trying to do was obvious. I tried pushing his body with my hands. But he still gripped my face, and using his arm to shield me from pushing him away.

His hands swept up and down, from my cheek to my neck, although still firm in his grip. He pulled himself closer, his laps almost untop of mine. I cursed beneath my breadth. We were struggling, yet every one kept mute no one interrupted, either by words or action.

Our lips were now two centimetres apart. I pushed him away with all my strength. He moved, but came back with force on me trying to hug me. Mr familiar shifted as if to give us allowance and also as a support.

This time I was violent about it as he tried to overpower me, I was already sliding on the chair, but never! That would not happen. I pushed him in a futile struggle but he was way stronger than me. I fell with my back to the chair. Mr familiar stood up and sat on the arm of the three seater. My back wasn't totally to the chair, my right shoulder hooked the back rest.

The pastor put one of his hands inside his pocket as it to bring something out very fast. I took the opportunity to push him, but he came harder. This time his hands grabbed my shoulders and I fell flat with my back against the chair. Although my legs were partly on the ground.

This is not happening! A man trying to rape me? Never! Not while I live. I pushed him hard, as he brought his face trying to kiss me from an akward position, I decided to forget he was a pastor or a juju man that can kill me. Id rather die than be raped by this idiot!
I gave him a fast knee kick on his ribs with my right knee that was suspended above the ground. He tried to resist and press harder. Then this time I focused.
I moulded a very big bolus in my mouth.
I equipped it with thick mucus from my nose to make it stronger. As he brought his face closer, I released my arsenal and it ran fast and vimaciously into his eyes. And I felt the pain I had made him feel with pride.

"Jesus! " He screamed.
As I heard the name Jesus from his mouth it irritated me the more, in the anger, I pushed him harder and farther from me as I tried to regain balance.

He held his eyes, sitting up, he reached for his handkerchief. I heard him curse beneath his breadth.

"How dare you!" Capon dared.
For the first time I saw him stand up. He was tall, well built, dark and handsome.
But his mood was scary, I looked at him, still panting
And boiling in my mind.

What did he expect from me? to be willingly raped by a man? Ain't I still straight? I cursed him silently.

As I raged in my mind, I heard a soft voice infront of me.

"But he wasn't suppose to...em...you know he is chosen...for"
I seriously wished he completed it before he was cut short.
"Are you out of your sences? Are you mad?" Capon flared up and faced his challenger.

In fury Pator Salami stood up to and faced the man. He had being silent, and gentle, he looked quite new in this place. I could feel it very strongly. I tried to guess his age, apart from his muscles that could be decieving, he looked like a man in his early twenties.

"I wasn't going to make...see I only wanted to kiss him, he his handsome, and grasshopper said he was a lover boy (refearing to mr familiar) I couldn't resist him, I had fallen in love with him aready, tell me, even if you are a bit new, tell me if you didn't feel any thing for him! I felt everybody bodies rising when I tried to mount him, or you want to deny? didn't I feel the passion for pleasure overwhelm you? You want to deny that you didn't lick your lips when I advanced towards him...you want to deny that nothing happened in your trousers?( he moved closer to him). In your deepest thought you wished you were doing him right away! You cannot deny it! We are all evil and that's what we are!" The pastor spoke with passionate aggression.

EVERYWHERE BECAME SILENT.

Then the voice came again,
"But that was not the plan that the high priest gave? He is chosen for..."

"That's okay" capon interrupted him again.
I lost another chance of knowing.

"Boss we are sorry" I heard capon tell the pastor softly.
He was truly their boss?

But that didn't stop any thing, he rose with maximum fury. I saw blood in his eyes. He was ranting, his teeth grinding against each other, he was swelling in fury , his body vibrating.

"Sir he is just a fresh blood and a boy of destiny" the man opposite me spoke again. I was shocked to have an advocate, soliciting for me, even in a place like this where I felt I had lost all hope of loved ones.

The legless man said he was our savior. Amanda and I
Now for no reason this man is trying to help, I wondered why.

"This tiny thing spit into my eyes, and you seat there saying rubish?"

He moved as if to give him a slap, but their eyes met, and I felt a cold sensation between them, rather than speaking further he turned instead and looked at me.

He kept his face at angle thirty. with his mouth slighty pouted he came closer to me. His feet making depressions on the carpet. Fat idiot!
To me he was just a confused bowl of shit!

"How dare you refuse my advances. Eh! (Raising his voice) how dare you!!! I know your father, he knows me, I knew you were...(he paused) son of a bitch!"

I almost said how did that relate, when I suddenly percieved the gravity of what he had just said.
In anger he had said he knows my dad, how does that relate to my dad, and what was that to him trying to rape me. Was he just blabbing?

Or is he using the bible word?
And Abraham KNEW his wife and she concieved and bore Isaac.

Capon saw that the pastor was taking charge so he sat down.

"Sir, " I tried to say something, when suddeny a hot sap landed on my face. I wanted to say 'damn you!'
But before the words could come jump out, another slap found my suckullent cheeks.

I bowed my head and sobbed.

In an uncontroled anger I stood up, inclined my face to thirty degree such that our heads formed a chalice.
I looked him sraight in the face.
I was boiling and so he was.
I heard everyone, mutter something. I didn't hear what they said but I knew they were totally supriced.

"You are a pastor, yet you force me to sleep with you" I readjusted my face and made it stronger, I was a bit taller than him, so it gave me some sort of confidence.
"And how can I ever believe that you know my dad? Do you also try to frame him up?"
"Oh yes you know my dad, he is pure he isn't as dirty and corrupted as you are, 'pastor'!"'

"Hahahahaha". The pastor laughed. I was offended I wanted to challenge him.
But like a machine, his laughter suddenly ceased.

"You don't know anything about yourself, your family, your father, your sister, the reason why you are here, how you were here, look..." he came closer.
" you are just an ignorant fool!"

"Pastor!" I roared. Thinking the name pastor would stop him from blaspheming me and my family.

"I am a pastor and you are right, how may I help you?" he said in a wicked smile.

I was begining to process what he said about my ignorance. It seemed rubish, but I was scared he was some how right.

I have never pitied anybody like you in my life, yet you don't know that you should pity yourself" he continued.

"Excuse me sir?"

"You are a fool! A big one!"

"No I think you are" I replied in anger. I dint know how I said that. There were tears in my eyes.

"Boss you are not going to take that from this brat!" Mr familiar said, well I now knew who he was. GRASSHOPPER.

"You should keep quite when I'm talking" the. Pastor gave him his share.

"I'm sorry sir" he immediately apologised.
I wondered which side the pastor was.

"David, you miseries are yet to begin,
For that day shall be like a woman in travail,
Her pangs light matters,
you shall say,
Mountain fall on me,
River! Swallow me up,
But then your misery had just begun"

I looked at him.
He looked like a demon.
His countenance changed.

I FROZE.

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS MAN SAYING!
But later in life, i discovered his words were not just mere words, to be spoken for fun!

IT WAS THE PROPHECY OF DOOM!

"
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 09, 2013
Dont tell me ur family planned all of ds, dont tell me ur father s involved. Pls continue
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 9:18am On Aug 09, 2013
Damex333: Dont tell me ur family planned all of ds, dont tell me ur father s involved. Pls continue

only the future can tell
thanks man
kip it fixed
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
EPISODE 19

jayloyexten.

FAR INTO THE DARKNESS I FOUND A HOME
A HOME CURSED WITH WOE AND DARKNESS
AT THE BACK OF MY MIND WAS INSTINCT
YOU NEED A LONG SPOON ON THE TABLE OF DEMONS

NOW THE DEVIL IS SPEAKING...
IT IS THE PROPHESY OF DOOM!

I looked at pastor Salami.
Our eyes were transfixed for a while. 
In his eyes I saw decit and secrets.
But I wouldn't take his words just like that,
Never!

"What are you talking about?  You really want to get me scared?  I know I'm chosen and there's something unique about that, everyone was killed and I wasn't. Every one was kept dead for a purpose, but I was kept alive for another purpose.  I know you all didn't choose me because you felt like, or because you loved me..."

I took a step to the centre.

" ...a power higher than you all choose me.
it was like you never agreed easily with it, but that was it, you couldn't help it."

I took a step towards pastor Salami.

"You couldn't rape me not because you had self control of your crazy emotions, it was simple, something held you, you wouldn't have gone far without thinking that I was chosen"

I frowned. I needed a serious look to say what I was about to say.

"Since you came no one had ever disrespected you, except once, and that was when you tried to misuse me, a person like me.
my advocate over there was pissed off, not because he isn't gay like you, not because his body didn't rise, but simply because you forgot that I was chosen. "

I took another step. This time I dug my hands into my pocket. The silence scared me, but I knew oratory was the only skill I got now. Kind of pretty, I've got my audience.

"We all know that I'm preserved for doom, or to doom. Its not more than that no matter how hard you try to censor or encrypt your words, it can't be more than that. Why then treat me as your food, or as some forsaken snofa bitch sent from hades?
I know there are secrets that are hidden from me.
But I've got instinct, I have an idea what they are...yeah what the secrets are.
Really before the day of my doom, I could be helpful. I know I have lot of wisdom."

I clared my throat. Everyone looked at me in amazement.

"How many people know the mystery in that light hung in the roof. It has three branches, each having six bulbs. Meaning its the number of the devil. 666"

I heard little laughter. But I know they were heavy laughters, I've stepped on toes, but it wasn't my concern at the moment. My emotions were gradually taking over, sapping my fears.

"How many know that, at the centre of that bulb, is a piece of diamond. If you look critically into it you would see a fearful animal like that on capons toe ring..."

I saw capon looking down, he gave a weird smile.
I heard him mutter.
"So this dude noticed"

"and like that on the pastors ring..."

The pastor muttered something, then rolled his buttocks to the seat where he was before. I gave him allowance.

"On that diamond is a vulture....how many know that?"

SILENCE...

Every one was looking right into my eyeballs. I began feeling timid, not because of their eyes, but because I was out of words.

Then another inspiration came.

"You may wonder what the phrase 'in water you get your answer means. Now I will tell you a secret.
Do you know that whatever question you have in your mind can be gotten in water or anything liquid."

I kept mute.
I felt untop of the world.
It was not like I really knew what I was saying, but I knew that forensic rhetorics was most important now. That is the act of winning mens heart with words even if the words are not truthful it is just a play on words, a bunch of fallacy, a give of logicality.

I had fallen in love with philosophy, to me it was life in it self. Now the whole thought came to me. I had read sophies world, epistemology, histories on Socrates, Aristotle, Plato, and lots.
It was plato that taught me rhetorics, he called it.
"The art of winning mens heart with words"

"It is kind of...em..." I was trying to think fast, but nothing was coming, my mind had being distracted by the thought of philosophy.
Truly I didn't know what I was saying, I was only trying to relief my self of the shock of pastor salami's prophesy.

"Really it is..."

"It is what?" My right hand man interjected.
I was supriced to hear him speak. He spoke out of impatience. Possibly because I was stammering.

I kept mute.

"Dude!" Capon blarred.
"Are you playing on my emotions?"

I was supriced with his choice of words.
'Emotions'
I wondered if he knew what emotion was, because I saw no iota of it in him and the vicinity.

I gasped.

"Allright.." I tried to continue.

"Allright? Right? Haha...its going to be all wrong for you if you dare play with my patience..."

I felt pressured, my eye of confidence dimmed.
I wondered why I started what I couldn't finish.

As I tried to open my mouth to say nothing,

"You have two seconds" capon said with an iron voice.

I felt he just wanted to intimidate me, nothing less.
I looked around, and inspiration came....

I spoke to my self...
'No preambles, just go straight...'
I gathered...

"Waith! No stories, what does it mean? Question and answer!" Capon interrupted again.

I sighed silently.

"Sir...I'm on pressure, you have to hear me out, please" I said soberly.

Pastor Salami gave a wild laughter.
It mocked me to the core.

"You think I will seat down like a fool and let you lecture me nonesense?" Capon interjected.

"But you asked?" I replied once.

"I didn't ask for nonesence!"

"But I've not spoken yet?"

"You don't have anything to say" grasshopper replied.

SILENCE.

"You can check the bulb and confirm what I had just said"

"You are sending me on an errand?"

Every one muttered something to each other.
Before I could say a word, the pastor interrupted.

"Its my turn to lecture you, seat down..."
He beakoned with hi hand creating allowance between grasshopper and himself.

I looked at him, my disgust hadn't quenched yet. To be in proximity with him was really disgusting!

"You think I'm going to rape you again?"

"No you can't"

"Really?"

"Yes I am chosen"

I was using the word 'chosen' as a bait for him to unconsciously spill out the meaning, probably in a way to make me feel ridiculous.
But every one kept mute.

I knew I should seat down, I had no option.
I looked at pastor Salami, rather he dropped the gaze, and admired his conignment in his bag.
He drew the table to his side, and zipped the bag.

I was still marvelled at the way people feel convinient, or rather very convinient with a cadava in their nose.
In as much as I would not like to think of it, or accept it or see it happen,
The truth is...
These guys are cannibals!
My pastor a ritualist, gay, rapist, cannibal...he is evil personified!
I dropped my thoughts.

As I sat down, my eyes met with the man now opposite me, that was trying to advocate, or so it seemed...
As our eyes did, I quickly took it away, but something immediatey registered in my mind.

When pastor Salami was addresing him, he said he was new.
The thought struck me hard.
Does it mean I would be integrated into cannibalism, and be part of them? Just like him? Is that what the chosen idea all about?

But why is he so comfortable? Couldn't he have scotted? Or is there no where to run? What is tieing him here? Or... how long has he being here? Why is he here? Did he join willfully?

"I know about the diamond in the centre..." the pastor. Started.

Everybody apart from capon was supriced.
I felt proud. At least I made sense.

"But you don't seem to understand that whatever happens to you is just a mere event, your life is just a passing fad..." Pastor Salami continued.
I almost felt like replying him.

"When I said you were a forsaken child, you thought I was blabbing?"

Yes you were, fool! And right now you can like to shut the Bleep up!
I said angrily in my mind.

"Well we have lot to say, to pass time before your time of doom. How you got to know your day of doom I don't know, and really I don't care to know..." he raised his thick brows.

I looked at his face.

"I know the place to start, I mean the right place to start. I wasn't suppose to tell you this, but it dosent make sence either, because I'm not suppose to tell you because you could go out and do something stupid..."
He paused and gave a weak but wicked grin.

"But...you wouldn't do that. Not because you are not an ass, or a scumbag, or a snofa bitch..."
I was shocked! Is this pastor Salami? He knows all these dirty words? I tried to focus.

"You are all that, but I see no reason hidding things from you, because..."
He tried to catch my eyes.

"Look into my eyes..."
I did.
He lowered his voice as if scared of unveiling the truth.

"YOU ARE NEVER EVER GOING TO GET OUT OF HERE...not even by a miracle, not even God! You are doomed..FOR LIFE! .but...actually....Not yet!"
He smilled.

"...but very soon, not tonight. So you see I really need to tell you stuff, so if your spirit likes it can trouble your foolish father....hehehe"

Everything struck me like a ballastic missile. My heart throbbed heavily with anger and fear.
I looked at him. His smile was like an anger poison. It diffused starting from my heart, and spreading like a pefume all over my body.
I looked him critically, he didn't look like he was joking.

If at all my dad was involved in putting me in such a mess, he must have done it based on the pastors pressure or threat, the later is more realistic.
But is that a pass for him to curse my father?
My fist started forming. The pressure in my mouth became dense, like a frog respirating via his buccal cavity.

He brought out his phone and showed me something.

"Look" he said.
I had dropped my head in provocation.

He tapped me, and I felt like he wanted to...
I didn't know when my head flew stable.

He smilled.

"Look" he said again.
He was pointing to a name.

"Read it?"

"CHAMELON" I read it out.

"Can you identify that number?"

I looked.
I almost dropped dead.
I was speechless!
This is tragedy!
I felt betrayal, I felt like screwing my father at once.

'How dare you subject me to this mess! Screw you..."
I cursed my father, as I starred at his number on the pastors phone. In as much as I wouldn't like to believe it, here was evidence right under my nose.
An evidence that I can't disprove.

It was like a reflex, my head was turnning left and right, a motion that rejected everything.
I heard my mind saying...
'No! No! No! No! This must be fiction! This must be surreal! How long will I sleep, momma wake me up! Please! Now!"
But nothing happened.

I didn't know when my mouth fell agape.

"Close your mouth that isn't all, or you want to kiss me? I'm cute right?..." he said in laughter.

I felt wrath and irritated.

"Look..." the pastor said.

"JESUS CHRIST!" I shouted within range.

This wasn't just betrayal, it was DOOM!
I never knew something could be worse than seeing my dads digits on pastor Salami'S phone.

My horror had just began!

I'M SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE.
I WAS QUITE BUSY WITH STUFF...

Please drop your comments!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 7:00am On Aug 14, 2013
@moderator...

i see you edited my work...
but were those words really bad?
from a character like that?

oooops!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 14, 2013
Its not the moderator its the robot named spambot that did the change. Dont worry its all gud. But tell us wat u saw na. His father is eating anoda human or his father is a gay or molester, pls talk i dey get high blood pressure for here o.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 11:25am On Aug 14, 2013
Damex333: Its not the moderator its the robot named spambot that did the change. Dont worry its all gud. But tell us wat u saw na. His father is eating anoda human or his father is a gay or molester, pls talk i dey get high blood pressure for here o.

wow
thanks for that.

really?
do u think uve guessed ryt?
ull find out before 12 hours.
im happy u there man.

and others as well.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 14, 2013
We plenty wey dey read o. But the chop and clean mouth plenty pass d population of Nigeria.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 7:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
Damex333: We plenty wey dey read o. But the chop and clean mouth plenty pass d population of Nigeria.

hmm...
ill hear from them soon.

i trust.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 11:56pm On Aug 14, 2013
my next update comes tomorrow...

thanks.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 15, 2013
Post your website here and not in capital letter o.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 1:06am On Aug 15, 2013
Damex333: Post your website here and not in capital letter o.

jayloyexten.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
EPISODE 20

My mouth fell agape again.
The first scene made me scream, but this one was quite different.

I felt something like cold water blanketting my body. It tickled my flesh like an evaporating light gas struggling for an escape root. I felt goose pimples springing up.

My eye vision doubled as I mopped into the unbelievable digits in the pators GALAXY TAP.
This is unbelievable!

"But that is my number on your phone?" I said, keeping my stare focused on the tablet.
I looked again, as if trying to see more.
But there was nothing to see, nothing besides the crystal clear digits writen on the devils palm...

I looked at my right hand man with deep suspicion.
He caught my suspicious look,
And gave me a 'whats your problem' look.

I knew it was vain trying to suspect him. Definately my phone is switched off, and there's no way he would have dialed a call to pastor Salami. Besides, it was just a distance of minutes between when he caught me with my mobile, and now.
There was no how he would have made a call while he was in the living room without me knowing.
And if that was possible it wouldn't be to capon.
Capon was in the house then.
I weighed my options.

Or was it just a beep so that the pastor could have my number to torment me? Just like he is doing right now!

Well that didn't sound so logical.

How long did I sleep?
The question bothered me again.
Deep down I knew it wasn't up to five minutes, notwithstanding, the vacum in event caused me trouble and great suspicion.

I turned back to look at the phone.
The pastor was just smilling. He held the phone slanted so I could have a clear picture of my doom.

The number was in a list, but had being clicked.
I checked the name of the list bove the number, and it even feared me the more.

RECEIVED CALLS.

"Received calls?" I echoed out my fears.

I raised my head and looked at him in confusion.

"This can't be my number, I've never called you, infact my number can't be in your received calls, what did you do!"

"So how did I get your number?"

That was one true question I must answer. I knew, but the fear of accepting the truth was prevalent.

"How did you get it" I asked.

"Hehehe..." he gave a frustrating laughter that made my suspence flame up in anger.

"I didn't get your number, you called me"

"No I didn't, I never did!" I said in frustration.

Someone giggled, but I didn't bother to check who did.

"Oh yes you did"

I paused.

"When?" I asked.

"Yesterday evening"

"But...."

"But what?"

"I...I...I..."

"You don't believe that this is your number?"

"No-" I mazed.

I didn't see my face, but on it I could see a full blown face of confusion. Eyes that dimmed, and rolled from the begining of its axis to another end, searching for a clue.
Big nose that stood like that of philip phlegmatic.
Pouted Dumb lips, empty of words, empty of life!

" can't you read? The time of the call is there!"

I checked it but I was still confused.

"Are you now satisfied?" He said grinning.

I looked at him.
Then he paused.
And spoke....
"I know that in your mind, you will be saying what kind of life is this..."

No I wouldn't let someone take me in my weakness, he may just be framing things up. Although I didn't know how he did it and could not guess, I still didn't find him truthful. I interjected, trying to show strength.

"No deep down I'm wondering what kind of man you are" I looked him straight in the eyeballs.

He giggled.
Dropped his head.
Giggled again, then spoke...

"You ought to be sober and vigilant because your adversary the devil as a roaring lion seeketh for whom he may destroy..."

I looked at him.
He narrowed his eyes.
I didn't know what to say to him, he had just reminded me that he is a pastor.

"Look this is your number you called me last night, less than twelve hours ago"

"I can't remember calling you..." I said hidding my confusion. Although my brain was tryin to process things fast, but it seemed an ardous task.

"But you can rememer calling a female?"

I looked at him with suspicion. This time my brain was working. Or so I thought.

"Oww you say that because GRASSHOPPER called me that?" I felt wise.

Mr familiar shook reflexly, I had just mentioned his gang name. But he did not say anything. No one did. I only felt his suspicious eye on my back, scrutinizing.

"I get one of your tricks" I continued.

"Tricks?" He said in a laughing voice.
"Okay, I see. Did you call any woman?"

I don't know why, the question rang a bell in my mind.
I was soo affraid.

"Yes I did." I said. Wondering what he was up to.

"Who?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Will you answer or not?" He said bluntly.

"My aunty, but it wasn't you!"

"Sure, I'm not your aunty"
He burst into laughter.
I had someone giggle behind me, but I didn't look back.

"Why are you laughing?" I said getting frustrated.

"Do you know your aunt's number?"

"No. My dad gave me. Besides, even if I know it I wouldn't give you"

He burst into laughter. This one was loud and contagious. It sounded like a per-boiled irish potatoes, jumping up and down, creating hot splashes across a hot fire place.
Tunbo...tumboko...tumbo...tumboboka...
Others joined. It made me look stupid.
I wondered if I was a clown or probably my mom forgot to name me hilary.

"Why? Why wouldn't you tell me?" He asked.

I kept mute.

" is it because you think I will kill your aunt, rape her, rip her head and eat her flesh like the body of our lord Jesus christ...
Or because you would not waste your time dictating my number to me?"

Did I hear well at all?
Did I hear the last part well?
I looked at him.
"What did you say?"

"What did you hear?"

"I don't know what I heard"

"Really or you don't believe it?"

"Can you repeat it?"

"Can you ask that question more respectfully?" He said with a sarcastic look.

"Was I rude?"

"I don't know..."

"Please sir..." I said.

"Please ma..." he replied.
MOCKING ME!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by enomasly: 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2013
Bros na wa oo der are so many quiet followers of dis write up n u just abandoned it u hav failed us and dis cant make us approach your blog bye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Faceless By Amma Darko / Na Man You Be / Ibale{virginity}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 248
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.