Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,602 members, 7,823,616 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

What Lurks In The Dark - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Lurks In The Dark (32898 Views)

Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) / The Dark Tommorow / The Dark Side Of “christ Embassy” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 2:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
enomasly: Bros na wa oo der are so many quiet followers of dis write up n u just abandoned it u hav failed us and dis cant make us approach your blog bye

no not that!
im REALY sorry.
i just got quite discouraged, that the comments were not coming.
you know how it feels...quite...em...
so
i decided to focus on the blog...
and leave naira...

but somehow, i just felt i should continue, even if my audience seem ghosty...
i felt that somehow in the darkness...
people lurk...
so i came back to see what lurks in the dark...
what lurks in silence...
blablabla,

and i found you...and others.

im sowee i kept everyone out-
i feel bad to...
please try to understand.

yours now consistent.
:-)

JAY.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by enomasly: 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hurray we waiting for updates
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 9:33am On Aug 16, 2013
enomasly: Hurray we waiting for updates

NEXT UPDATE COMES THIS AFTERNOON!
THANKS
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 12:52pm On Aug 16, 2013
EPISODE 21

WHEN IT SEEMS 'AT ALL 'UR MORTALS HAVE LEFT YOUR WAY
THE NOOKS AND CRANIES CAN'T FIND ONE FOR YOU TO STAY
GET AN INVICIBLE TO LEAD YOUR WAY...

WHEN YOUR HOPE'S SO STALE AS BREAD,
YOU'VE LOST ALL BUT SAFE YOUR HEAD
YOUR ROCK 'N ROLL HAD ROLLED AWAY..
YOUR LIFE HIP HOPS TO NO PLEASED WAY...

GET THE RHYTHM...
THAT TONICS YOUR SOUL!

Dedicated to DAVID.

I looked at pastor Salami.
I allowed my eyes fix with his for a while. He didn't take it away. Suddenly his expression changed. Maybe he saw the tears in my eyes.

I had heard him clearly when he said the later part of his sentence...

"...Or becase you would not waste your time dictating my number to me"

I didn't know his number. I was talking about my aunts number. What does he mean? It wasn't making sence to me. To me he was off point (OP) but he had blended it smooth with his sentence. Now he dosent want to repeat what he said. He mocks my curiousity!

I looked at him as he robbed his palms together. His lips were loosed. I wished the words I wanted would just jump out of the mouth and land on my ear drums.

I knew there was something more to what he said that I didnt get.

Just then something struck me.
The number dad gave me was a different one from the one I used to have.(I mean my aunt's) I had lost her number along side my previous phone.

I could hear dads voice speaking firm.

"That and that alone is her number, she's got just one, only one... Call her!"

Sometimes dad just love to emphasise things. But I was so anxious to call my aunt insomuch that all he said, didn't bother me. I didn't pay close attention to why he emphasised it. Besides, I had lost my phone and didn't have any number of hers. So why the...

Must he stress the fact that I must try her only through one set of digits?
What If I tried another one? probably one of the numbers she was using before? wouldn't it simply say...
'The number you have dialed is switched off, out of coverage, does not exist, not reachable, does not exist...' bla bla bla...
Was there a big deal in that?
I smelt a big rat!

It began to dawn on me that there were lots of secrests to decipher. They lied just in one place...
My reminisence.

I began to weigh my options.
So is he trying to say I called him?
I thought I heard a familiar sonorous female voice when I called?
Or did hear what I wanted to hear?
He Is speaking nonesence! Arrant nonesence!
I didn't call him! I didn't call him.
I was screaming in my mind.

A clue stepped in in o'eralls...

Probably it could be his wife you spoke to.

My mind immediately flashed back to his wife and the first day I saw her...
Then I had felt a powerful pastor like his deserved the very best....now I feel he dosent deserve her atall...well I can't tell if she also walks in the dark...
I prayed she was pure as I used to imagine.
Unfotunately, the ugly proverb had not changed, neither had nature changed her course....

'Birds of a feather flock together!'

I had almost shouted in my mind...at my mind...

"God forbid! She ain't like him, never! Omg #"
I didn't know why I was so emotional about it...
But some how I got a clue...
It all started one day...

MY ENCOUNTER WITH PASTOR MRS SALAMI.

"You are A...lpha... and O...me...ga...
we...wor...ship you our Lord....
you are worthy to be praised..."

The church chorused in musical harmony, her hands to the roof, in humble adoration, worshiping the 'MOST HIGH'

The drums were very loud. The konga vibrated the soul, the base guitar moved like a locomotive train shaking vigorously..through our body, to our spirit, and then our soul.

The keyboard toniced our soul and we panted for more every musical second.
The saxophone took us on its beautiful wings to the spirit world, and we felt the angels singing with us, to us and through us.

Then the singer...
Waith I'm comming to that...

I saw some individuals crying, some wailing. But more intresting, some had gone haywire worshipping in violence, digging their legs into the ground with full force, their fist clenched following the rhythm of their legs. Digging with their body, a motion that seemed like they were begging the ground to open, and receive thier praise.
Even the drummer didn't hit the pedal that hard. ;-/
The church was vibrating.
Their faces were like they were dancing *alanta squeezed and ugly with emotion.

* a dance in Africa. Common in Nigeria.

Some others were sober, very sober.This set of people were were with pouted lips. It was just like a boy who had just seen the most beautiful girl of his life comming headway towards him. The vibrating lips, pouted in deep emotion, that's it!

The music had sunk so deep into their hearts, mind, spirit, body and soul. Such that they couldn't move their legs like the first set.
This set didn't sing, they couldn't sing with their heavy emotions. They were 'lost in the spirit'
Their heads were just moving from left to right.
With groanings that can't be understood by men.

They closed their eyes so tightly that it wrinkled, yet they still tried to tighten it the more.
I feared that their eye balls will squeeze out from their mouth. Clothed with blood and saliva, spat to the ground as stuff, All for a pant to see God.

Some women just waved their hands to the roof, sitting down. These people were mostly nursing mothers.

Some others were screaming in tongues...
Some said elaborate things,
Some said scarry words, that I didn't believe existed in any language.

Some others simply said...
"Blablablablablablabablablabla..." then they'll take in air and say.
"Kekekekekekekeke' take in air again and say...'pepepepepepe" and continue that way.

One guy made his own simple, he simply mentioned fruits as his tongue, I didn't know if he was hungry, or mad.

He started like this...
"Pineapplepineapplepineapplepineapple..." sayin it like twenty times. Then he would pause, squezze his nose with his mouth and shout...
"Spirit!...go on..." and then he would continue.
"Appleorangegrapebananabananabananaplantainbananaplantain....ah! Ah! Yes! Spirit go on!
Black berrystrawberrybushberrywildberryfatberrylongberrshortberrysweetberrybitterberryplumpy berry, ah....spirit! Plumpyplumpyplumpyplumpy...berryberryberryberybery..."

I couldn't stop laughing.

Some others were indifferent. They stood at a six o'clock position, with eyes wide open.
They often say in prayers if you leave your eyes open you'll get blind. But it never happened before.

Some others were just screaming different things...
"Oh! Yes...ah!...oww!"
some were slorring the song, some just flavored the song

It was one of our revivals.

I had walked into the church that faithful day like a ghost, heading straight to the front. Like a repentant sinner heeding the altar call.

I had heard the most beautiful female voice of my life, and I beted that I must see her clearly and satisfy my lust to full. The voice was smooth, clair, sweet, stylistic, emotional, sonorous, breath taking....it was just great. No! It was too great! Too great for me to bare. I must see this girl.

I wondered how people felt GOD with such voice, as for me such voice doesn't take me anywhere! Doesn't make me feel anything. Rather it makes me fall in love! Deeply in love!

As I passed all the worshippers and got the front, I saw a very beautiful lady lost in the act of worship. Her voice matched her body. You don't need to see her as an artist before you can draw her. All you need to do is hear her voice, and match it with a body. That's all, you've drawn her already. It was that perfect with her.

Her left hand held the microphone and her right hands were raised to the heavens.
She wore a sexy gown that stopped an inch above her knees. As she raised her hand the gown jumped up, I could see her small fleshy arm, and laps vibrating. Her skin was fresh and neat.

She fixed a very long hair that made her look like a diva.
She had a small nose, and red painted lips, that made me gasp for air.
She was slim, and elegant. She knew how to dance without falling in her heels.
If D'BANJ had seen her, he would simply say she is endowed!

I paused in front, my eyes and body on fire.

I sat infront that day, and watched her all through the service in an atempt to quench my unquenchable lust. I wanted her! And you know what I mean.
Her eye shadows made her eyes....

I almost felt the pastor didn't deserve her, but when the pastor preached his powerful sermons that day, I knew what you need to have a beautiful lady. I knew its about stuff.
My principle and quote from that day was...
'Stuff begat stuff'

Now,
It was later I knew, that praises wasn't always like that,
It wasn't always inspiring...
People didn't always get carried away...

it was only when she held the microphone...
Things happen...
The whole place shake!

That was how I met her.
I had always waited for the day I would have the chance to go and tell her sweet words...
But it never came!
:-(

"All right I will tell you how your number got on my phone". The pastor continued.

I looked at him, but said nothing. He had just interrupted my thought. I couldn't place them together now...it was difficult for me. The fear that she is like him was a big nightmare!

"Allright you thought you called your aunt, but you didn't call her, you called me..."

"No I didn't call you, I heard a female voice" I interjected.

"Yes you did hear a female voice"

"So-" I looked at him still with anger, I was jealous of his wife. I wished she was mine.

"Its an application-"

"What is an application?"

"All right its simple..."

He paused.

"Please continue..."

"I used the application to change the voice"

"Wh-a-a-a-t!"
My heart shifted.

"No its not possible"

"Don't be a fool that's how I got your number"

"You mean it -it -was...was...you?" I stammered.

" I was your aunt..." he smilled and stood up.

"God I'm dreaming!" I spluttered.

"You are not he replied"

My head was in shambles...
-I was shutting down.
I bowed my head...

I remembered what dad said...

"That and that alone is her number, she's got just one-"

LIGHT OUT.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
Abeg, that guy's first comment dey vex me sef. U dey here since yet you no put one single comment 4 d guy. You con come dey threaten the guy. Mayb you no know. The blog sef dey pull traffic. I don read am on d blog.
One love.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by enomasly: 11:47pm On Aug 16, 2013
More more more we need more we are like dracula looking for blood n ur post is blood
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2013
Damex333: Abeg, that guy's first comment dey vex me sef. U dey here since yet you no put one single comment 4 d guy. You con come dey threaten the guy. Mayb you no know. The blog sef dey pull traffic. I don read am on d blog.
One love.

DAMEX MY GUY!

i knw it was annoying but it pays to be peaceful.
different people express themselves in different ways.
well the stuff is that we r now fwnds...
and he has forgiving me
loolz...

well kip it fixed.
i appreciate u man!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2013
enomasly: More more more we need more we are like dracula looking for blood n ur post is blood

ooops...
you may have to sutain ur thirst a lil

actuall i hve a busy weekend...
and stuffs.
my next update comes...
Monday

ceteri paribus.

thanks. kip fixed.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by sconp: 10:43pm On Aug 18, 2013
This suspense is killin. Keep d gud work nd comments would FOLLOW
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by gameboy727(m): 11:34pm On Aug 18, 2013
Love your story. #Hot

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 7:09am On Aug 19, 2013
scon-p:
This suspense is killin. Keep d gud work nd comments would FOLLOW

:-)

yo, thanks man.
kip ff.

next comes today...
anytime.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 7:10am On Aug 19, 2013
gameboy727: Love your story. #Hot

thanks.

im glad u following.
expect hotter ones...
kip glued!

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 9:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
EPISODE 22

Like a sudden surge from from a nightmare, I found my self in a different world entirely. A world pregnant with mysteries and discoveries.
Discoveries on how miserable I had become!

Minutes ago I had thought that the worst thing happening to me was being shut up in this unknown edifice.

I hoped against hope that somehow I would get out. The legless shoe had assured Amanda and I that we have a future together.

But now "things fall apart, the centre cannot hold, mere anarchy is laid upon me..."
I began to see that there is actually no place to run to.
If it is true that my father is involved, then it means I'm homeless, for I wouldn't run from evil to evil...

On a normal day the next option would have being to run to my church...
But there is pastor Salami leading my church...
A church of the DEVIL!
He called it
THE SPIRIT AND THE BLOOD REDEMPTION MINISTRY.
A church that has evil encrypted in its name.

Now here is my aunt. I don't even know if she is still alive. But I know that if I'm to run any where I should run to my aunt.

It dawned on me that I wasn't shut in an edifice made of stone and sand. But an edifice made of humans, with my dad as the foundation!
There was no shadow of hope left in me.

AS I BOWED MY HEAD IN SHOCK
I felt tears gathering in my eyes...

"Is it true?" I asked the pastor, my head still bowed.

"Yes you are a cursed child!"

I raised my head in confusion.

"I didn't ask if I am cursed or not!" I said in an emotional but weak anger.
I even felt pity for my self.

"But you are!"
He continued.

"Infact you are to librate us from a curse!
You and a girl...she is also a cursed child like you!" He said bluntly.

I raised my head immediately.
I knew he was talking of Amanda.
I Ran my eyes through everybody in a strange way, as if
trying to ask them if it was Amanda he spoke of.
I wondered why he said I was cursed.
Later in life I discovered that every word the pastor said was simply ambiguos.

"I am not cursed!" I said, ambivalent.

"Then why were you chosen..."

"Chosen for what?"

"For doom"

"What is doom?" I asked discovering how wide the word was.

"It means DEATH" he pronunced the word like the bold face of death.

"I will not die!"

"Yes you will"

"Who chose me?"

"Your father, sorry a man..."

"A man?"

"Wasn't that what I said, or are you hard of hearing?"

"I don't know who you are but you are CRUEL!" I said with guts.

He giggled. He had a way of annoying people with humour. Such annoyance registers deep down. It makes one crazy...but dumb!

"Pastor!..." capon interrupted.

Everybody turned to capon immediately.

"He dosent deserve to know! He is doomed! Why tell him the details? Why bother him? Why weaken his spirit before the day of death?
Yes he is chosen for us...but...but..."

"But what?" The pastor questioned.

Everybody started to mutter something.

I looked, awestriken, trying to read their expressions.

Capon cleared his throat and stood up.
He dug his hands into his pocket and paced.
I looked at him with expectations.

"You don't understand..." he started. " this is about blood sacrifice! Bloooooooooood!..." he stressed the word.

I felt my blood freezing. I whispered...
"My blood? Sacrifice?"

" do you want the blood of two humans upon you?
Answer me!"

SILENCE

"Haven't you had sufficient night mares? Aren't you tired of grave yard scenes? Of crying birds of ghosts? Of spirits? Of shadows of whispers?...."

He paced then took a central position.

"Aren't you tired of seeing some unclad old women with sagging breast, rotten legs, and maggots dancing out of their private parts, eyes and nosrills full of blood, drooping like a fountain!
Or you love the toothless odouritating mouth beckonning to you?..."

"The peace of mind. The joy the hope the serenity, you don't want them back? You want to start another suffering of your life you, are you not satisfied yet? Do you think I don't know what I'm doing?
What I do, I do for all."

"Don't you remeber the hymn we sing in church those days when you all were part of the church.
The song the Nigerian soldiers sang when the nigerian government forsook them and refused to pay their dues duely...
The song I love to sing...

'i gave my life for thee
My precious blood I shed
That thou might'st ransome be
And quicken from the dead
I gave, I gave my life for thee,
What hast thou given for me'

That is the sacrifice this boy is going to pay for us, he will shed his blood as a ransom for you, to quicken you from the dead. HE WILL GIVE HIS LIFE FOR YOU!
Dont you think we should give him something in return?
Do you want his spirit to sing the song for you when you ly in your chambers with your wife?
Let the spirit trouble the right people, not you!"

"Now he offers his life, whether willingly or unwillingly, he has no choice. But to appease his spirit, we must feed him with the truth! The truth that no one can give"

"The bible says buy the truth and sell it not!
That is dash it out as a gift don't hoard it!"
He paused.

There was silence.
I couldn't believe it was me they were talking about right under my nose.

They weren't cautous to mention of my death.
Am I a Jesus or something? What am I librating them from?

At the same time I didn't fear death at the moment, maybe because it sounded like a joke or probably the emotional trauma I had faced transcends death.

Everybody had become sober. This men also suffer distress at night? The pastor had slammed all of them to dumbness. I just starred in amazement waiting to see the next episode. My mind clouded with confusion.

"Look, let's make this night memorable. Let's have a reminisence. Let's talk of what we fear to say, let's talk of our predicaments, let's talk of our evils! Let's speak it, for the last, for our savior is here. Our redeemer.
Lowly is the lamb seated upon a sofa...
Lowly is the lamb, lowly is the lamb..."

"Repeat it everybody!" He commanded.

"Lowly is the lamb seated upon a sofa..." everybody chorused starring at me.

I shook.
Are they worshipping me or mocking me.
When did I become a lamb? And GOD forbids that I sacrifice my life to librate this men from their curse.
They are the cursed ones yet they call me cursed.
They are doomed, yet the refear to me like the unfortunate.
They are lost, yet they treat me as a homeless.

Well, the pastor had said it all.
Whether I like it or no, I am chosen!
I can't bargain my fate.

Now I understood what the word CHOSEN meant. It wasn't fortune it was death.
It wasn't to cause death...but to die and stop death!
So this was the secret?

What's so special about me that I was reserved.
What's in me?
Why was Amanda chosen?
How come she was here before me?
Did her family betray her like my family did me?
I was still hoping she was fine where ever she was.
The fact that these men were gay made me fell she was kind of secured. I don't know why I felt like her guardian.
Probably we were obeying the psychological law of attraction...
'Similiarity'
And what's similar?
Nothing but Damnation!

Now I knew I was going to die...

"Grasshopper, narrate your story, how you got initiated, how you began to eat humans, the crave...the hunger, please be explicit!" the pastor ordered.

He took his seat beside me.

"Please come to the centre, we said tonight shall be a memorial..."

Grasshopper stood up and walked to the centre.
The pastor beakoned to me to move to the end of the three seater where grasshopper was sitting.

As I shifted, the seat burned me. I almost jumped up.
His buttocks had fried the seat!
My whole buttocks was like a meat in a fry pan.
But I acted like nothing happened.

I watched as grasshopper took his position at the centre. His gown had forced inbetween his buttoks, I watched him pull it out.
His gown was black with a hood falling at his back. It made him look like the maffians, only that he wasn't with a spectale. He wore a blue jean underneath and a t-shirt I suppose, because I didn't see a collar pop out. He wasn't so tall, he was just about five feet. A bit musular, although his ov'alls was hidding lot.
He smelled like coffee.

I looked him in the face. He was black. He had blood shut eyes, broad nose like a typical Nigerian, oddly he had thin lips. He was handsome, quiet but though looking.

He took bold steps, his broad shoulder even as he walked.

one thing was sure in my hypothesis...
his heart was as black as the cloth he wore!
I watched him as his lips seprated and invisible sounds try to pop out, my curiousity was max...

In the next episode...

"...it was the worse day of my life...." grasshopper said, with deep emotion I felt for him...
I saw the weak side of capon!

Watch out!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by gameboy727(m): 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2013
Patiently waiting you to update your story. Wanna hear grasshopper initiation story.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by enomasly: 11:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
This is where ave been waiting for how did dey all start dis writer reads my fucking mind...jaylo u shud give us some more jaylo u shud giv us som more *iceprince voice+
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 8:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
[quote author=gameboy727]Patiently waiting you to update your story. Wanna hear grasshopper initiation story.[/quote

pls dont be vexed
i ran out of subscription
next updates comes latest tomorrow.
thanks
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
enomasly: This is where ave been waiting for how did dey all start dis writer reads my fucking mind...jaylo u shud give us some more jaylo u shud giv us som more *iceprince voice+

yo bro
sowee for the delay
updates come latest tomorrow.
thanks

nice remix tho(winks)
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
EPISODE 23

This was part I was waiting for, the time whereby I might know the crux, craddle and onset of a sect of cannibals.
I was riveted as I stared with my eyes open, ears open, nose open, mouth pouted...this is it.

"Five years ago, when I became a teen adult, as Nigeria constitution had it, I was eighteen years of age. I was bubbling in the vain effevescence and exhillaration peculiar to crazy youths of my kind, of mankind, of all kinds..." grasshopper began.

"Nice construction, I didn't start that captivating to win the governors wife's award, as the best essayist in kaduna.' I said beneath my breadth. This guy sounds intelligent. His diction was Britania, his pronunciation was smooth, and clear as crystal.
He was bitting his last consonant with a commensurate gesture. I was impressed.

"I was a lover boy, I was sensual I was dirty. I was Born in the city of Calabar, you know how our girls could be sometimes, some are just beautiful, some designed for the natural to happen, while some are just highly seductive and irresistible...."

I smilled.

"Actually it wasn't my fault that I was sensual or some lover boy. I was born with a terrible kind of sin. From the first day I knew my self as a human living on planet earth, I found myself with a terrible drive. Time and time again I would catch my self fiddling with my elastic fleshy armour that rises up and down in amorous glee...in between a region called my groin..."

Everyone chuckled.

" I always find the stuff very intresting. I grew up in a catholic family. My dad was a headmaster and my mom was a headmistress somewhere else. They lived the Busy life."

"Then after school, and after our pretty house maid had made us food, I would go inside and enjoy my thing, it was like heaven on earth, and in a second I would find my self lost in sleep. In such position I always dreamt of intresting events, or sometimes I would see my self trying to woo a pretty girl. Few times I would find someone trying to suffocote me with her mouth on mine... I never knew what it was called and the antecedntal events that would always follow..."

He paused as if to reflect.

"Then one blessed day, my only younger brother, then he was 6(six) and I was eight(cool banged into me doing my thing. In a defensive reflex I jumped up, my stuff was dangling out of my trousers, although I was unaware.
'Whats wrong with you, can't you knock?' I had attaked him.

'Im sorry but your stuff didn't knock before it pushed out from your trousers!' He had responded cruel, evil and stubborn as usual.
It was then my face was covered with shame.

'Dont you dare tell mom' I had warned him

'Not until you promise to give me your pocket money tomorrow!' He had threatened.

'Sure' I said. It was no big deal for me.

'But what's that that you were doing?'

'Nothing, go away!'

'If you don't tell me I will tell!' He protested.

'What will you tell daddy and mommy'

'What I saw!'

' what did you see?'

'Nothing'

'I will beat you!' I threatened.

' no daddy will beat you instead'

'Okay I will show you what I was doing. You may like it too.' I said.
It was that day I taught my brother the stuff, and he became an addict uptil date."

I looked at him, speechless.

"One day our maid came to my room tying a towel.
She wanted to drop a message from dad. It was Saturday evening, dad and mom had gone out for reharsals, they were ministers in church.
My brother had gone to the saloon...the house was empty...very empty...it was just the two of us..."

He clarred his throat.

"Spill it out in details!" Pastor salami blarred in uncurtailed excitement.

I shook my head, in uncurtailed digust.

"Actually she was fourteen and I was twelve. Her puberty was like a ripe avocado before wanton boys, inviting like the urge to quench hunger. She brought an envelope from dad and as she tried to drop it on the table, her towel fell off. In shame she squatt, but didn't pick the towel. What my eyes saw was...
I ran to her to tell her sorry....
Before now, we've been friends but she was not living with us she comes and go...."

"Tell us what happened" capon said smilling.

" I went to her, but she didn't pick her towel. I began to to have the urge I used to have when I masturbate but this was stronger.
She looked into my eyes, and I began to melt like wax.
She stood up in her nudeness, standing beside her towel. She winked at me and told me to help her pick her towel.
I stood infront of her and the towel."

'Why should I pick it?' I asked her.

"Before I knew it, she began to twist her leg, waist and everything twistable towards me. In few seconds she was beating me softly that I should help her pick the towel, I followed the rhythm. as we were playfully beating ourselves, she suddenly paused and told me to be calm. She ran to the door and locked it.
She came back smilling, her nudity stood before me like Eve's apple.

'I want to teach you something?" She said smilling.

'But I'm more intelligent than you, you know' I said proudly

'Oww keep that aside I will show you what no teacher will teach you'she said

'Whats that I asked, my eyes beaming like a bulb"

"Close your eyes she urged me, I played with the music and I closed my eyes. Before I knew it I felt someone hugging me from behind...I didn't know when my cloths fell off...I didn't know when we got to the bed...all I knew was that we were on some bed, grooping madly for love! Doing what adults do.
The next week she left our home for her aunts place. I cried. She took something of mine, and scotted. I missed her like the ocean would miss the rain in the harmathan..."

"That day activated something in me, and I hungered for more. When I couldn't get it, because I didn't know how to approach the female folks, I simply got magazines of obscene pictures, I snicked blue films and I masturbated greatly. As the ideal situation was I dropped in my accademics, dad noticed and threw me into a boarding school, and to worsen it, it was a boys only...he never knew he was pushing me farther into doom!"

"Then one unfortunate day, back to the begining, I was eighteen, my bad past had engulfed me and stiched me into a piece of wantoness and vanity. My friends and I scaled out of school as usual, I was in SS3 then and we were mini gods, lawless and loosed.
We went to a particular party one night at about 11pm..."

"There as the party went, my friends went ahed to pick girls of their choice. In a second I was lonely in the club, although people were arround. I was not so fast in choosing my girls, so I took my time.
I sat on a plastic chair, guys were rocking their girls, getting inspired by the blue light of darkness and the loud music of madness..."

"I sat there that day, thinking of my experience with our maid then, her name was Imabong, the music in her name was rocking in my head. Although after the experience we had that night, years back, I've had sex, but Imabong's encounter left a resounding memory."

"I couldn't approach another girl that particular night, I don't know why, I felt Imabong's aura all around me. The girls that came arround irritated me and I threw tantrums at them.
That night was strange.I thought I had lived over it with my previous encounter, but noway! That night felt different.
It was later on that I knew that I was being manipulated that particular night by her"

Everyone mood changed.

I felt he was going somewhere painful to him, I read it on his face, he became sober.

He continued.
" ...as I sat that night watching the dancers in sexual glee ahed of me with a straw of HARP in my mouth I saw something captivating...."

"A girl wore a short tight pink gown. She was extremely pretty, her makeups were moderate, she was such a good dancer. But strangely she was dancing alone. I was supriced how all the guys in the club could be so blind...I wish I was also blind that night..." he said sobbing maturely.

"With my eyes fixed on her back side I approached her. She didn't even care I didn't know her before, as soon as I was in reach she held my hand and we danced sensually."

"When we got tired we went to seat and sip some more alcohol. It was then she called me by my name, FRED.
I was shocked and I asked if I knew her before...
She smilled and reintroduced her self as my first love, Imabong"

" I was so excited. The proverb had just come to my lime light.
'Think of the devil and you'll see him appear'
But Whoever wrote that proverb had strong reasons for using the devil and not something else. Or so my situation revealed."

" I ran to her and hugged her, before I knew our lips jammed...grazed and...
Next we checked into a room.
As we made ourselves nude in active foreplays...
She paused again.
This time she didn't pause to lock the door, rather she paused to sound a warning. I remembered what she said that night,

Tonight would be so memorable, that you would wish it never happened.

There was something wrong with the sentence but I didn't press on, I thought it was her usual error in english. In my mind, not to interrupt her flow, I corrected her saying...' it would happen again'
How could something be memorial and you wouldn't want it to happen again?
Without wasting time I grabbed her and let nature take its course...
It was later I knew she was right, and there was nothing wrong her grammar."

"After I slept with her that night, we were done with our rounds at about 3am. I was exusted. And almost slept off, then suddenly as I was about to roll off her, something strange happened. She turned to a casket. And I found my self lying atop a casket, I wanted to scream, but immediately she turned back into a human."

" I reached for my boxers to run from my night mare, when she turned to a big snake and stood waiting for me by the door. I begged her, crying, calling her those sweet names I used to call her, then she turned back to human. And said another fearful thing.

'Youve known my flesh, you need to know my spirit. You think I am the coy Imabong? Welcome to my world..."
'What do you want from me' I protested

'ONE MORE ROUND!'

'But I'm scared' I said in misery.

'If you love me you will take me for who and what I am. If you don't love me by not accepting me, I will kill you and eat your flesh, maim your spirit and damn your soul! no one breaks my heart and go scot free!' She blarred within rage.

she brought her nude seductive body towards me...

" I wanted the ground to sink me down, even if it were to be hades...it would be better..." he said. Then paused

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by enomasly: 12:53am On Aug 23, 2013
Cool...more please...imabong tinz...
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2013
enomasly: Cool...more please...imabong tinz...

Na so
Monday finzz
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2013
im sowee i had some hiccups and challenges...
rectifying in progress...
99percent...

im working on the next...
pls bare with me.
thanks.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 9:37am On Aug 28, 2013
EPISODE 24

*I'm sorry for the late publication. It was due to some hiccups I couldn't fix in time. Well they are partially fixed now. I promise you episodeS this week...
Ceteri paribus.
Thanks.

GRASSHOPPER CONTINUED...

"She stood before me, naked as a jaybird.
Could this be my Imabong? The girl i'd loved all my life, the treasure I thought I had lost and would find someday, happy and frolicking like two love birds? As I stood before her that day, I was totally speechless..."

He took a pause.
I pitied him a little, but whatever his story was didn't make him a better person.

"As she rolled her nude body towards me, the words she had just said banged inside my head like wild fusillade,
'JUST ONE MORE ROUND!'
Then I looked at her, every thing about her was as inviting as the forbidden fruit that cursed man.
Well...at that point I was Adam...."

My mouth almost fell agape.
I almost said...'dont tell me you ate the apple'

He took a deep breath, then continued.

"She came closer, and closer...As she was a step towards me, I took a step backward, she took another step forward, I took another backward, she followed me still...
We continued that way until I reached the wall. I couldn't penetrate through the wall, my cold-sweaty palms were behind me in a futile attempt to push down the wall for fear...
My body was vibrating vehemently like some chicken dropped alive into a bowl of boiling oil. My teeth crushed against eachother...I could feel my heart panting and almost breaking out of its cage, out of my chest, out of my body in fear, as a living sacrifice..."

"I began to have a feeling when she was in front of me; I wanted to kill her while she was yet human, but the fear of touching her was prevalent.
Besides, she didn't appear human, there was nothing human about her apart from******"

"Then she came to me at last, face to face, centimetres apart. I couldn't stand her, all she put into me was fear. I didn't know when I began to cry and beg her not to hurt me or force me to have sex with her, I promised her that I would do anything for her if she let me go. It was then she smilled, and said...
"Sure I have job for you..."
"Please I don't want your job!" I had protested sweat and tears welling down my face.

"But you just said you would do anything for me if I let you go" she said logically.

"But doing a job for you is not letting me go" I said trying to be wise.

"But that's your definition of 'letting you go" she said looking into my eyes.

"Please, I beg you in the name of God. Aren't you my Imabong the girl that showered me with love that day..."

"Yes...and I've come to finish it" she had interjected.

"Or rather you've come to finish me?"

"If you get finished in the process, its your choice..."

"How..."

"Let's go..." she said. As she said that, my heart jumped up with glee, I felt I had advocated my freedom, I felt it was over, I didn't know my troubles had just begun..."

"Then dressup let's go..." I said.

"That's immaterial" she said

"You want to go out naked? How's that possible?"

"With you and me, nothing is impossible"

"Then she looked me in the eye, I couldn't keep her stare, so I looked down. She rolled her index finger on my exposed chest, I haddnt buttoned up my shirt. Her hand felt cold...as I shut my eyes for a second I saw a snake licking me with her forked tongue, a very big one like what she had turned into, in fear I opened my eyes forcefully, to my suprice she smilled, as if she knew what I saw"

"Her fingers were fiddling with my chest...
'Lets go one more round' she said.

'Please I'm tired...' I faked."

'You know what, you don't have a choice, the initiation is five rounds, we've gone only four, you must complete it unless you would die'

'Initiation? Into what?'

'Well many young people like you have sex and they don't know what sex is all about. They think its just the sweet groanings of love and all the stuff. when you sex, her spirit or the spirit controlling her diffuses into you and yours alike. You are the blade and I am the chalice, when we fuse together we form a star shape, at that position our spirit becomes strong, fuse together, the dark world call that state apogee, the strongest spiritual state of man just like the illuminati symbol, an inverted triangle placed inside a sitting triangle, that's where the power lies....'"

" she had said so many stuffs that night, but her words were like fire in my heart, I was burning, burning in fear. Then I began to think of the school I had left behind. The night had gone really deep, the day was fast approaching. My dotting mother would have assumed I was sleeping innocently on the thick velvety bed she had given me to school. At that moment I didn't feel my world was crumbling, I felt it had crumbled already..."

'Why do u say you love me and then you try to hurt me'
'But you said you love me too...'
'I don't know if I still do'
'You want to break my heart?'
'You broke mine first'
'By giving you my body?'
'Your body is death!' I said fumming.
'That means you are dead! I'm not going to kill you tho' , you will just work for me, and that's because I love you'
'No, I want to go to my hostel!' I said like a nagging child.
'Right now I am your hostel!
I've missed you and right now I've come to have you to myself' "

"That was the last word I heard...
Suddenly I didn't know what happened, or how it happened, I found my self vigoriously having another round...but I wasn't my self. It was like I was seeing my self, like I had being detached from my body...our spirits had fused like she said, we had gotten to the apogee of the spirit world..."

"Then it was like magic, everywhere became cold, as cold as death. I began to hear trees whispering at a distance. The lights went off. A lightning cut across the heavens. Crickets were pitching terrible sopprano notes. The air was damp. My bed disappeared. My roof blew off and I began to see the heavens. I began to see the moon and the stars ...I knew we were now like one of the stars as she had explained, but I knew I wasn't up in the sky I was far into hades...."

"The bed in the hotel room was no more, rather I saw in my gloomy sight a large expanse of land, so lonely, so serene, so still, so quiet. An owl was somewhere singing my song of damnation. From my gloomy sight, I disovered that it wasn't just a large expanse of land, but a big grave yard, with tombs of the dead all around...it was like a dream but it was real!"

"Suddenly my body became one, and I found my self lying on a tomb. As I raised my head in my lying position, I could read what was writen on the tomb,

IMABONG RAPHEL
Rest in peace
Courtesy: family

"I didn't know what to do I was on Imabongs tomb, reading her epitaph. She had died two years ago. I wondered how she died. But reading her epitaph gave me some satisfaction that this spirit taunting me wasn't Imabongs, rather a spirit using her body. It was a short consolation"

" I sat up that fateful night. But to my suprice, Imabong was no where to be found. I stood up and turned 360, but all I saw were the tombs of the dead. Some had died 1976, some 1981,some 2000, only few were recent.
I began to feel the spirits of the dead all arround me, although I couldn't see them. I looked at my uncladed body, and felt shame"

"On the ground beside her grave were my cloths, supricingly, my cloths had telepathed with me, strange.
In haste I picked them up and wore them. After dressing up there was no where to go. I stood in confusion. I had never being to such a big grave yard like this. I didn't know my way arround, and to start wandering was scary. I mopped into the skies. I hated my self for ever snicking from school. I hated my self for ever meeting Imabong, and for not picking her towel that Saturday evening when my doom was stamped."

"Just then I began to hear distant voices. The voices were everywhere in no dirrection. I couldn't say if they were comming from my left, or my right, front or back, infact it was comming from the ground and above. The voices gave me migrane. It kept increasing, and I felt that all the spirits in the grave yard were comming for me. My heart shook. My head was pounding.
Then it got so loud that I had to close my ear with my palms, but it was like the voices were coming from my head...louder and louder.
I held my head, and crashed on my knees. Then as if the spirits had achieved what they wanted, the voices quenched."

" I raised up my head in the sudden dead silence, then I found Imabong in a white sparkling flowing gown. She was smilling. The first thing I said was.
'Please get me out of here'
'Sure I will, but this place would never get out of you exept by blood...'
'What do you mean?' I had questioned fearfully.
'I will turn you'
'Into what?'
'Look at that...' she said pointing to a fire. The fire wasn't there beore. I was shocked.
'How did it get there?' I questioned.
'How did you get hungry?'

"As she said that I began to feel terrible cramps in my stomach. It was like my intestines were sheading into shreads. I couldn't help the hunger. The hunger overpowered me, I had never felt such in my life. I held my stomach, I was gasping for air"

"Then she went to the fire, and picked a meat. It was like suya I didn't know when I grabbed it and ate it. As I ate it my stomach cramps disappeared instantenously.
Then she said...

'You have just eaten my body, the body of the dead. you are now part of me, body and spirit...flesh you shall eat, you shall give me their blood, and you will eat their flesh!...' "

" I wanted to scream JESUS! But no words came out of my mouth. Then she said I should not worry that I wouldn't be alone. I wanted to vomit what she had given me, but it wasn't possible
Then she ordered me to go, but warned me never to sleep with any girl"

" suddenly she turned into a big tiger and started chasing me I didn't know when I ran, I didn't know where I followed, but after like five mintes of crazy sprinting, I found my self behind our school fence. I turned back in awe but saw nothing. Just then she appeared to me in her flowing gown saying...
'TAKE CARE WE WILL MEET AGAIN'
I couldn't wail, I couldn't curse I just mopped as she disappeared into thin air."

"After then I couldn't eat again. The only thing I could manage was meat. In the next two months I graduated from secondary school. The day I was graduating my parents died in a ghastly accident. Imabong brought me in body to the scene and I ate the bodies while she drank the blood. Later on it was said the bodies were burnt beyond recognition. That was my first flesh...after that I met capon..."

"That's enough your comming here, here, the loction, the methods and modes, remain top secret. That was great, I remebered very well when you met me." Pastor salami interjected.

I muttered in my mind.
'Another secret hidden from my face!'

Then an evil thought came to my mind.
HOPE THAT GIRL CALLED AMANDA, AIN'T IMABONG?

I had no prove, but the match was kind of perfect, the kind of beauty grasshopper talked of.
I only could only hope...
That she is Amanda and not Imabong.

My thought was short lived.

WATCH OUT!

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2013
Eeya- but amanda can't be her o. Or so i thought.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by gameboy727(m): 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2013
Freaking scary but cant stop reading. . . I fear for this boy o. He is really doomed.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
Damex333: Eeya- but amanda can't be her o. Or so i thought.

life is full of suprices
only the future can tell kip ff
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 12:12pm On Aug 30, 2013
gameboy727: Freaking scary but cant stop reading. . . I fear for this boy o. He is really doomed.

thanks man...
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
next update is today.

thanks to all my followers.
i appreciate you...
even the silent ones...
more than the want of rhymes u guys r salient...
thanks.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 3:33pm On Aug 30, 2013
EPISODE 25

TWO NAMES STOOD IN MY HEAD LIKE A ROAD BLOCK-

Here is AMANDA a girl matched-made for me by a legless shoe such a mysterious scene it was when a note popped out from the blues, related to no one, except an invisible individual who had called himself or herself our savior.

On the other hand was this fictitious IMABONG...fictitious because she was only in Grasshoppers story, she existed there, not here. I was only hoping  she wouldn't jump out of the story and stare me in the face. Well, that's if she hasn't already.

Could my Amanda trully be Imabong?

The question became stronger and stronger in my mind, I didn't know what to believe again, and really I didn't know why the thoughts came.

Amanda was locked somewhere inside and I can't assertain our meeting again before I finally die. Although I wasn't sure of the day I would be executed, one thing was sure, it must be this weekend. It was a new Thursday morning, 3:30am, but I knew by virtue of the Nigerian films I watch, Friday is usually the day of sacrifice.

Now Imabong was just a girl, pretty as Amanda.
The way I met Amanda made me still feel that there was something in the house that I haven't unveiled yet. Its either Imabong OR some strange spirit trying to get me out. But either ways, there's something...or someone. I felt it stronger, but I didn't know why.

I believed in the note the legless shoe had given Amanda and I.
Or was it just a trap?  Is pastor Salami lying about my death? I can't trust him and I would never, even if I had the chance of a second life.

He said I was going to be sacrificed to purge their blood. But do blood purge blood? am I christ? What makes my blood purer than thiers? and somehow my dad is involved in sacrificing me? isn't it shadowy? This isn't making complete sence!

Probably Amanda is Imabong, and they want to initiate me into cannibalism; so I can taste their mysterry? Never! That's not going to happen.
Then somehow my dad would pop out from the blues and say he is sorry, feigning grave innocence and speaking lots of English.

Then I wouldn't be able to eat any other thing apart from human flesh or meat. I wouldn't be able to eat rice or yam, my dear yoghurt and icecream would become bitter, snacks would be nonsene, pizza, shawarma, puff's everything would be nothing, I would crave for flesh like oxygen, I could kill someone at off sight, I would look at human like some chicken dreaming of them being roasted and dancing inside my stomach.

My parent would become very scared of me and toss me out, somehow I would have nowhere to go, no house to live in, nobody arround me, I would only be welcomed in one place, and that's HERE.

Like a flash, what Imabong told Grasshopper in his story gave me an inkling to my present situation.
She had told Grasshopper that he wouldn't be alone, that was after he was intiated...
Now grasshopper wanted to say how he got here but pastor Salami cut him short, in a flawed claim to keep the entry into this place a secret. Why would he want to keep it a secret? A secret above everything.

Why didn't he didn't keep the secret of his identity, knowing that a good name is far better than rubbies. He didn't keep my dads involvement private. He didn't keep his gayism, ruthelessness or his pretense as my aunt a secret, he didn't keep Grasshoppers intiation a secret, then why must he  keep the entry into his association of cannibals a secret?

Previously, when Capon had tried to stop him from revealing the chosen factor to me. He refuted it on the premise that my knowing anything was not an issue at all because I would never get out... I would die!...so why then is he keeping something from me? Why this if there isn't something else.
My suspicion grew.

It made perfect sence to me that I wasn't going to die. Rather I was meant to meet Amanda, who is Imabong under cover, and just like Grasshopper's scene, her towel would fall off, I would be tempted by her nudity and fall for the bait... she would take me through rounds upon rounds, I wouldn't be tired, then in the last round I would find my self in some large expanse of land, lying on her grave reading her epitaph,

IMABONG RAPHEL
DIED 2011...

Thereafter I would experience a strange hunger and before I would say Jack Robbinson I would have myteriously eaten her flesh of damination! , next my parent would die and I would eat their flesh, she would suck their blood...

The thought was too scary, yet it seemed so real...
Was that why the legless shoe joined us both, so we might fall in love?

My mind was heavy.
But if really they wanted me to fall for that why then did grasshopper say his story? His story had lots of moral lessons powerful enough to restrain me from having sex till I get married, or atleast not with an unknown person. It was explicit, raw and real. It scared me and should scare others to.

That was the most confusing part, I knew Pastor Salami was very intelligent, and letting out the storry from Grasshopper had a reason.
But I was too blind to see it, and it pained me greatly.

My first doubts about Amanda began to rise. I never trusted her at first, I grew to trust her by the turn of events and now everything about her dosent seem real again. I panicked.

Grasshopper took his seat.
I moved my buttocks to my former position in the centre.

"I think I should be on my way" Pastor Salami said.

Everyone stood up, and I conformed. Somehow, I was begining to feel an emptyness within me as he was about leaving. In as much as he tried to rape me, made me feel bad, having a familiar face around made me feel at home. I began to wonder what things would be like when he left.

"hope a room was prepared for him?"  He said pointing to me.

"Scorpion! You were incharge did you do it?" Capon said, questioning the man who had brought me out from the toilet and seized my phone. Well, so far he hadn't blown my cover.

"Sure I did! Is he going to stay with the girl?" Scorpion asked.

My heart skipped a beat.
'My thoughts must be right then' I mutteted. I felt they wanted it to look like they never wanted it to happen so they can pretend when it happeneds. Well that was because I had almost concluded that Amanda is Imabong.

"I don't think that would be necessary, he can stay in his room" capon said

"Allright sir!" Scorpion replied.

"I would be back tomorrow evening for the..."the pastor said, ending with a winkish smile.
Everyone did smile, although their smiles were heavy with secrecy and suspicion.

I drove my mind away from his incomplete sentence, it only brought me further questions which I really wanted to break from at the moment.

"You said you are going home?" I said questioning Pastor Salami.

"That's what I said, or...oww, sorry my dear you are already missing me, don't worry you will see me in fulness tomorrow" he said giving me a pitiable sarcastic face.

"In fullness?" I questioned, narrowing my eyes.
"So this is you incomplete?" I said.

He chuckled.
I was serious and I was angry he took it for a joke.

He zipped his bag properly, the one containing the two heads, Sandras and another.

"Are you taking that home?" I questioned.

"Why not, its mine"

"Peoples head?"

"Are you mad?" He questioned. I didn't look back but I knew he just waved someone off who was willing to dash me a heavy slap.

"So mommy G.O is a cannibal too?" I questioned in soberity.

"Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are...she is my wife, so make your conclusions..."

"Do you eat humans too? You and her?"

"There something you don't know"

"What's it?"

"Cannibalism is scriptural!" He said.
My heart jerked.

"That's a fat lie!"

"Really? Waith I will show you in the Bible...then you can like to shut up!"

"Show me..." I said looking into his eyes in boldness, eagerness and confusion, all well blended.

Watch out for the pastors view in the next episode...
It should blow your mind!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 30, 2013
Abeg, no blow my mind o- i still need am o.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by gameboy727(m): 8:55pm On Aug 30, 2013
So his wife is a cannibal too? Yuck.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 8:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
Damex333: Abeg, no blow my mind o- i still need am o.

lollz...
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 10:51am On Sep 02, 2013
EPISODE 26

"...CANNIBALISM IS SCRIPTURAL!"

You can understand how the word struck me, it brought in me tough questions, although I doubted them, but for a pastor like pastor Salami to be involved in cannibalism, really it ministered questions. Yet, I knew his is more than cannibalism. If he rules an empire of cannibals, then he must be a demon.
I can imagine what he meant when he said I would see him in full tomorrow.

The pastor ordered me to seat down.
It was late into the night. Everybody said their goodnights, and disappeared into the passage. But scorpion waited for me, dozzin' in the sofa.

Pastor Salami brought out his IPAD and gave it to me.

"Have your seat" he said.

We both sat like father and on on the sofa.
He dropped his vile bag on the floor.

"Now listen attentively, even though I know I'm just talking to a mere corpse, well to some extent I believe in reincarnation, maybe it would help you in your next life..." He gave a vain smile, although he sounded more serious than ever.

I refused to feel the fear that emanated from his words.

He continued.
"Once upon a time in Isreal, famine struck the earth like the sudden attack by millons of locust upon a plot of vegetation. It was so fatal, so deep, so evil! The height was so terrible, that it launched the onset of cannibalism into the world, or the bible to be precise."

" Then there was a scene, two women offered that they might kill and eat their children to have life, take note of that phrase, 'to have life'. But one was very deceptive, she ate her neighbours child and when it came to her turn, she felt stiff and rusty to eat hers, she tried to play the smart, well I'm glad your dad isn't like her..."

It was a strike on my emotions, but I kept blanc.

"Well it wasn't a total suprice that she became deceptive after eating the first child, it was simple, the spirit of cannibalism had began to eat her, the first girl she ate had made her a cannibal already."

He paused.
I nodded in confirmation.

"Now cannibalism existed from then, but silently. if you don't narrow your eyes to see it you may never see it, but its everywhere in the bible"

"You have my ipad, open the Bible application to MICAH chapter 3 verse 2b read on from there..."

I was wondering what I would see there, but I knew I could see anything atleast, after he had showed me JOB 30 : 29...' I am a companion to owls and dragons...' nothing could be more supricing.

As I opened the bible to the passge, my nervous system received a shock. He noticed.

"Read it aloud! Now, "

I mopped. Became immotile for some seconds, then I went ahed.

" MICAH 3 : 2B... I READ...
Who pluck of their skin from off them, and their. flesh from off their bones.

Vrs 3. Who also eat the flesh of my people and flay. their skin from off them, and they break their bones and chop them in pieces, as for the pot, and as flesh within the caldron...then..."

"That's okay, don't read on, now you understand..." he said with a touch of anxiety.

There was something about him stoppin' me abruptly, maybe the next verse said something quite revealing, I saw it in his face. As I bowed my head again to look at the bible, he interjected...

"Let me have the ipad, I love rapt attention when I teach"

In my mind I replied him at once...
"Or rather when you brain wash"

If there was anything I Iearnt from my achaic church before we left, it is that, for every teaching we hear we must have the full backup from the bible. We were also taught to read the full chapter if someone brings a subject from a verse, thus we may have full understanding.
It then dawned on me that the achaic church had its way of saving our ass, by its tough doctrines, that normally sound out of this world.

Too late for pastor Salami, I had already read the next verse before he noticed. And it was kind of consolin'

"Verse four-
Then shall they cry unto the lord,
But He will not hear them; he will even hide
His face from them at that time, as they
Have behaved themselves ill in their
Doings...."

If I learnt anything from the verse it is the fact that God opposed the cannibals and he is ready to destroy them. But that wasn't the whole, he had just etablished an indisputable point, that is,
cannibalism once existed, and strangely, its in the bible.

The pastor continued.
"Now I think the verse you read is quite explicit (refearing to the one he told me to read, not the one I snicked to read). That was cannibalism. Well all I've being saying is just a backdrop, now let's go to the crux. Let's go to the new testament, to the words of Jesus, and what his opinions were"

"JOHN chapter 6 verse 53 to 55....
I've opened go ahed and read" he said handing me the ipad.

What I saw was failiar, but in this light, it was the strangest thing I've ever read-

I started...
" it read thus...
Then Jesus said unto them, verily, verily I say unto
You, except ye eat the flesh of the son of man, and
Drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Vrs 54.
Whoso eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood, hath
Eternal life; and I will raise him up on the last day.

Vrs 55
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink
Indeed.

Vrs 56
He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood,
Dweleth in me and I in him.

Vrs 57
As the living father hath sent me, and I live by the
Father, so he that eateth me, even he shall live by
Me.

Vrs 58
This is that bread which came down from heaven;
Not as your father did eat manna, and are dead,
He that eateth of this bread shall live forever."

As I read it my faith shook.

"Wasn't it just bread this people ate not flesh? You must be miss quoting, this is blasphemy! " I opposed.

He gave a broad smile.
"Well I think JESUS have a word for you in verse 61..."

I scrolled down...I was baffled by what I saw.

"Verse 61
When Jesus knew in Himself that his diciples murmured against it, he said unto them...
Doth this offend you?"

I froze.

Pastor Salami continued.
"Read verse 66"

"I've heard enough" I said heavy with emotion.

"You must read it, you wanted to know, and that was why you called me a fat liar."

I gave it a thought. Then I became resolute to get to the end of the matter.

I continued.
" verse 66
From that time many of his diciples went back,
And walked no more with him."

I felt cold.

But as I pronunced the chapter and the verse I could see the devils number starring and mocking me in the face.
I felt the devil was somewhere...

I read it aloud in my mind...
John 6vrs66
That is 666...
The number of the devil!
I was flabbergasted.
Although it didn't make too much sence then, but it gave me an inkling to what I would love to dig into. Somehow I believed then that God has his way of ministering by impressions. God left me a warning to beware! And I picked it up immediately.

He continued.

"Now you understand the scene, Jesus was introducin' them into cannibalism, some people knew what it was like, so they opted to quit, Jesus felt their murmurings and lack of understanding so he asked if they were offended. They couldn't come to the understanding of what he said afore time that he who eateth the son of man have everasting life. They were blind just like you, they were shorthsighted, grossly myopic. It was too heavy on their hearts that so many people walked away from Him that day. He felt lonely and asked if his diciples would stay with him or leave....he said...will you also go away?"

"I know the thoughts that may be going through your mind thoughts of doubts, anger, anihilation, fear, heavy emotions, but you really need to think straight. Jesus started cannibalism! He ordained it, practiced it and passed it to us, who are we, mere mortals, flesh and blood, sand and dust, to refuse his offer!."

"Never, you are wrong, you are only looking for an alibi!" I interjected bitterly.

He gave a broad smile.
" oww, don't be myopic open your eyes and see, there are different kinds of cannibalism and different levels, you must understand the modes. Now rememer Fred's storry, Grasshopper as you know him. When the love of his life, Imabong wanted to initiate him, what did she do? she gave him a piece of meat, he didn't mention it but she also gave him a cup to drink. Is that different from what christ was saying, and the antecedents, the Holy communion, mensa domini?"

"What are you talking about?" I said in total confusion.

"Don't be blind!"

"What is mensa domini?" I asked.

"Mensa domini is a latin word. 'Mensa' means table.
Domini and dominius are the masculine and feminine form of 'master' in latin, rabbi in Greek.
Domini as we have it here was used because it was being refeared to Jesus who although God, came in the form of man. So if you juxtapose the two you would get the word-
'Table of our lord'
Lord as a synonym of master, this is because the isrealites usually call their masters lord. You remember what was said in the bible,
'my lord said unto my lord, seat on my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool'
Refearing to David and Jesus. Extended metaphor"

"Now for the want of a simpler word, it refears to the holy communion. Now I would ask you, what do you take the holy communion to be?"

"Its just a ritual ordained by GOD to replace the passover, which is the celebration of the Isrealites marking the night God delivered them out of the bondage of their enemies, and brought them out of Egypt with his outstretched arm and mighty power..." I explained.

"That's okay, bible encyclopedia" he teased, but I didn't even manage a smile.
"Now answer me, what did they eat that night?"

"Flesh and bread, I suppose"

"Now, your supposition is right"

"But that dosent mean anything?"

"Yes it dosent mean anything, on the basis that you are blind"

"What are you driving at"

"They ate flesh...what do cannibals eat..."

"I don't know" I lied.

"Well they eat flesh..."

"So what does that sum up to?"

"Be patient. That is a level of cannibalism, Jesus came into the new testament, used the holy communion to replace the passover, but this time, he ordains that man eat his flesh and drink his blood....
He then ordered that they do it till he comes..."

"I'm lost!" I said.

"Listen attentively. When you take the lords supper, and eat his body, corpus domini, did it occur to you that you can never spit it out, you must swallow it, it must get to your belly?"

"What sence does that make" I asked.

"Now Holy Communion is similar to the actual reception of the sacrament of the Eucharist. For real reception of the blessed Eucharist, it is required that the sacred species be received into the stomach"

"But..." I tried to say.

"You need to listen and understand..."

"But..." I tried to say again.

"What I'm saying is that Christ came to activate cannibalism"

"Jesus christ! That's not true! That's a fat lie! God would not forgive you! The bible says. THOU SHALL NOT KILL!"

"That's why in the Holy Communion you don't have to kill. Open your eyes, there's a different between killing to damn, out of hatred, disgust or retaliation, and killing to eat, to fulfil the law"

"That is not just achaic, it is irrational..."

"One calls 'barbarism' what he is not accustomed to, that was by montaigne on cannibalism" he said.

"It-it-em...actually...what I mean...is...em..." I stammered, I was out of words.

Next episode.

"Are you sure what then would you say about this...."

I froze, I didn't know what to believe anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

New Story : Afraid To Love / Grace Ifeoma Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda's Mum Buried (Photos, Video) / Ibale{virginity}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 235
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.