Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,062 members, 7,863,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:47 AM

Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much (2439 Views)

Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? / What Do Nigerian Girls Love The Most? / Why Do British Girls Love To Date Black Guys... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much by ima1(f): 1:42am On May 10, 2008
I got married because i found someone i wanted to spend my life with n i wanna have kids, but not out of wedluck, some girls marry 4 the wrong reasons i do agree with that.

grin if you want to find the ugliest men in nigeria, ask the policemen in naija to line up. grin grin its like one of the requirements b4 you become a nigerian police " 1. you must be ugly abi na fugly"
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much by uspry1(f): 1:46am On May 10, 2008
Sisikill:

I don’t get the question?

Aren’t we supposed to like marriage?

Isn’t it the womanly thing to do?

From the moment we are born our purpose in life is to get married. Oh sure we go to school. . .nursery school, primary school, secondary school, 4 years of undergrad, 2 years of graduate studies, Yes we get jobs afterwards but all of that are just diversionary activities until we achieve our ultimate goal in life. . .to be married! And now you make it sound like it’s a bad thing. Sister Puh-leaze!

Whatever would we do without a man by our side? Oh dear! Thought just send a chill down my spine.

*Swooning*

A life without a man? I’d die I tell you,  Die!
@Sisikill

The poster asks you why Nigerian girls suddenly fell over the heel thinking of boyfriend in the name of marriage DEFINITELY the moment girls date with guys in a short term less than 6 months without sitting down to make wedding plans, look over any flaws/weaknesses/stregthen,strengthent like school teenager at puppy love!!!

Suppose to be slow down to get know each other finding the compatible mate FIRST in a long-term relationship, not FIRST LOVE AT MARRIAGE SIGHT SO SUDDENLY!!!

Poster is that correct what I summarized what you try to say? ? ?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much by Sisikill: 2:42am On May 10, 2008
uspry1:

@Sisikill

The poster asks you why Nigerian girls suddenly fell over the heel thinking of boyfriend in the name of marriage DEFINITELY the moment girls date with guys in a short term less than 6 months without sitting down to make wedding plans, look over any flaws/weaknesses/stregthen,strengthent like school teenager at puppy love!!!

Suppose to be slow down to get know each other finding the compatible mate FIRST in a long-term relationship, not FIRST LOVE AT MARRIAGE SIGHT SO SUDDENLY!!!

Lol. . .I knew what she meant. I was being facetious.

Some women think exactly like that. . .I mean the whole I have to have a man NOW, which is why they start planning a wedding the moment a guys says wassup and some think everything they've done in life pales in comparison to being a Mrs.

Sad? Yeah. . .but that's the society we were born into.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much by HRhotness(f): 2:57am On May 10, 2008
i find it highly irritating when after not speaking to your girl friend in nigeria in a long while, they often ask u if your married.
or they email or phone u to say they are getting married
what is so freaking wonderful about marriage and why is it a do or die situation for nija girls?
is mrs man more appealing than miss girl?

Becos they refuse to open their eyes and see that they don't need a man in order to determine who u are!

the only time my old friend from nigeria call me, its tell me they're getting married, someone got married or ask when i'm getting married,,
bores me to death!

one of them came into london for a long visit as she just got out of med sch,,, she's ringing me up every sec wanting to hang out and hit the clubs. turns out her "man" broke up with her and she's desperate to prove to the world that shes doin just fine. i absolutely refused to comment on her situation because this is the same person who told me i was messed up for wanting to concentrate on getting an education and a career before i think of gettin married.
its 3 years later, my career is well on d way and babygirl who planned a grand wedding after med sch suddenly finds herself single,,, who does she run to for support?

I have nothing against marriage, but why would anyone make it their life's focus? afterall men don't run around desperate for marriage do they
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much by chika98: 3:04am On May 10, 2008
HR Hotness: You're asking why would anyone? Are you kidding me? Have you not heard of women who plan their wedding without a ring on their finger? Men don't have to be desperate because they can marry whenever( even though some are infact desperate) but hey i guess this answers the question that these women who want to marry at all cost see it as their self worth otherwise why the rush?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much by vivaladiva(f): 3:14am On May 10, 2008
uspry1:

@Sisikill

am surprised u havent come up with any previous tittles like this on nairaland
are done searching or are u still searching
my father left my mum when i was young and she never got married
she raised my 2 siblings and i the best she could
she is not dead
if all u live for is a man then thats a big shame
if life bring marriage my way fine
if it doesnt fine
if i get divorsed after marriage fine
tis all good so long as am alive even if i die today without getting married, its all good
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much by HRhotness(f): 3:15am On May 10, 2008
chika98:

HR Hotness: You're asking why would anyone? Are you kidding me? Have you not heard of women who plan their wedding without a ring on their finger? Men don't have to be desperate because they can marry whenever( even though some are infact desperate) but hey i guess this answers the question that these women who want to marry at all cost see it as their self worth otherwise why the rush?

Thats just f**ked up,,, what if it doesnt work out and they end up like my dear friend,,, what next? or what if a marriage happens and the guy decides to trade for a new model,,, they're left high and dry with nothin to fall back on and nothin to show for themselves,,, rubbish!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much by dangermous: 3:28am On May 10, 2008
I think its unfair to call them desperate

A life in a state of anomie can be the loneliest thing in the world, for either man or woman.

Everything in life is in vain, whether career or marriage. We are simply trying to fill time.

Marriage, tried and tested as it is, helps in this perpetual dilemma

I guess males are luckier because they get more time to roam without being seen as directionless.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much by HRhotness(f): 3:33am On May 10, 2008
dangermous:

I think its unfair to call them desperate

A life in a state of anomie can be the loneliest thing in the world, for either man or woman.

Everything in life is in vain, whether career or marriage. We are simply trying to fill time.

Marriage, tried and tested as it is, helps in this perpetual dilemma

I guess males are luckier because they get more time to roam without being seen as directionless.

I have nothin against marriage, i appreciate the need for companionship,,, blah blah blah,,, all well
Why must everything be put on hold and why must their entire lives be dependent on a marriage
I grew up in the same Nigeria and everything I've seen puts me against the idea of marriage
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much by Tonim(f): 3:51am On May 10, 2008
@viva

you'll understand as you get older (esp if you ever plan on having kids), that's all I can say. wink
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much by dangermous: 3:51am On May 10, 2008
I hope you are simply exaggerating about ladies putting everything on hold for the sake of marriage.

I haven't met many that do. It plays on their mind, sure, but Ladies are great at multitasking(so they tell me anyway)

But in any case, I really don't think it is a defective choice opting to get hitched and have kids as your primary life focus.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much by vivaladiva(f): 4:10am On May 10, 2008
to tomin, i will probably get a betta understanding as i get older
still u can be with a man all your life without necassarily gettin married and not make yourself miserable about marriage
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much by uspry1(f): 4:46am On May 10, 2008
vivaladiva:

am surprised u havent come up with any previous tittles like this on nairaland
are done searching or are u still searching
my father left my mum when i was young and she never got married
she raised my 2 siblings and i the best she could
she is not dead
if all u live for is a man then thats a big shame
if life bring marriage my way fine
if it doesnt fine
if i get divorsed after marriage fine
tis all good so long as am alive even if i die today without getting married, its all good

@vivaladiva

I am done searching! I have enough with those men! If i do still search, I would be MRS. COUGAR!!!   grin grin

I AM ONLY DEAF PERSON in whole my family/relatives.

My parent are happily 43 years faithful marriage. Strong Christianity/church active as deaconess and trustee.
I am not Christian fanatic going to church like my parent do. I had been baptized at age 14. I do believe in Jesus Christ but plain simple humble!!! I am former deaf church choir member and former deaf bible study teacher for the deaf churchgoers. I was involved in women's fellowship and single adult ministry until i left city church returning to my hometown rural church.

My sister and I do not live with my parent since our high school graduation- - -left our own while attending college. That was 20 years ago.

My sister and I are happily divorced single mothers of 4 children (2 mine, 2 my sister) Both was married after college graduation. 2 are grown adult gone to freshman college student; one has 7 more years left toward high school graduation; and the other has 3 more years left to graduate.

My sister and I are college-educated with bachelor degrees/numerous certifications. My sister now is hospital administration personnel. I am entreprenur working at home. Focus on raising my son is HIGHLY PRIORITY for me before I go roaming to travel freely.

My sister has steady boyfriend, not want to get married again anymore! I don't- - -available free like a bird! I had been dated 7 guys in the past. Last one guy 5 yr ago- - -cold feet to cancel the wedding plan 3 TIMES! I let him go!!!

Finally, like Tonim has said it- - -you will understand when you get older to look back- - -laughing yourself what you get into!  I used to be like you rebellious young girl who think grown woman. LOL!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much by Tonim(f): 4:49am On May 10, 2008
vivaladiva:

to tomin, i will probably get a betta understanding as i get older
still u can be with a man all your life without necassarily gettin married and not make yourself miserable about marriage

you are absolutely right, there is a double standard here, no doubt. But people still talk about men that stay unmarried. Such men
are seen as loners grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much by Nobody: 8:36am On May 10, 2008
lemme digress a likkle.

anyone would think that those who go on about how others look and how they cant hang around 'not good looking pple' would be ravishing to the eye. i took a look at some of our profiles/pics and i just shook my head.

back at topic, most naija women feel complete when married. its the society.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much by HRhotness(f): 9:27am On May 10, 2008
OMO IBO:

let me digress a likkle.

anyone would think that those who go on about how others look and how they can't hang around 'not good looking people' would be ravishing to the eye. i took a look at some of our profiles/pics and i just shook my head.

what is that about? undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 10, 2008
HR.hotness:

what is that about? undecided
kini?

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Types Of Women -(strictly 4 Men) / Is He Chopping Me? /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.