Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet (24134 Views)

Here's How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Your PC / Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! / Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Nobody: 1:32am On Jun 22, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Optical discs will soon go the way of the VCR so if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath.

You are right. My Pavilion DV7 laptop Beats Edition came with a blu-ray drive but I do not think I have run any optical disc on it more than four times since I bought it, one year ago. Everything I have on it is digital.

I have up to 70 pc games running on it, all from Steam, and have had no use for a dvd or blu ray disc.

Truly, the tech world is rapidly changing. And who still uses vcd today? I thought that crap died around 2001 to give way to dvd?
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Denn(m): 2:19am On Jun 22, 2013
Policewoman: Ok. I agree. This new one is the bomb. Happy now?

Emotional opinions don't amuse me...same for decisions made based on assumptions.
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by caukerzee(m): 2:31am On Jun 22, 2013
Policewoman: I still think the Apple I-PAD Tablet is superior to all the Samsung Tablets. Samsung needs to step up their game the more.
fanboyist opinion. LOL.
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by caukerzee(m): 2:35am On Jun 22, 2013
Policewoman: My sister tongue forget that thing. I was talking about design-wise and use friendliness, coupled with battery life. APPLE beats SAMSUNG in those respects.
functionality is all that matters.
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by caukerzee(m): 2:46am On Jun 22, 2013
adegbem: let know the price and see if the phone worth it....tecno....may not be the best cos they are just coming up....but with what they offer compare to the price they are simply the best for a choice.....
oga...this is not phone but a tablet. learn to read the body of the thread before commenting.
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by caukerzee(m): 2:53am On Jun 22, 2013
ehie: while they r churning out phones everyday what do we do,we who are stuck with galaxy's bricking,batteries disengaged and the crazy ways their apps finish airtime,i just loaded one k and its gone,on one web page,a data web page...there is no samsung web page where u can complain,done with samsung oh,
you are to blame for your predicaments. the network providers have made provision for data bundles which is way cheaper than using your normal airtime and for the airtime draining apps? you are also to blame for not switching off your bandwith supply when you are not using. not samsung or mtns fault but yours.
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by caukerzee(m): 2:56am On Jun 22, 2013
adegbem:
That your own cup of tea...(make sure u drink am)
If u no like Tecno ma your problem be that....and if you are capable of buying Samsung package smart phone good for u....Co's most time it just there branded name that makes people buy there product
not only does samsung have a better brand name, but also superior devices. y all should stop this samsung-techno comparisms.
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by caukerzee(m): 3:07am On Jun 22, 2013
legendarysegzi: Even if it comprises mac os ,android and windows 8, aint nothing change about dis low life samsung products. I stick wif my apple till d end. undecided
Couldn't have expected less from a technologically inept low-life isheep prisoner.
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by caukerzee(m): 3:25am On Jun 22, 2013
9jadelta: na so me breda. Tecno go soon spoil market for this mumu samsung again in africa.

Samsung fanboys fit go hang. Na dem head ache
LOL...tecno kids and their insecurities. so this is what all your rating on this thread has been all about ehn? guy before tecno makes tablet like this, the technology would have already been deemed outdated. just like the phones you ve been disturbing us about is what flagship users of samsung and other big smartphone companies have already enjoyed some 2-3 years ago. i have a feeling that most of yall just upgraded from java or bb and are so overwhelmed by the android expirience that you cannot just come to terms with the fact that there are other better devices than the cheap phones you have. its not like you people do anything productive with the phones other than playing games. i have many of your kind in my school.

1 Like

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by ewizard1: 4:31am On Jun 22, 2013
Bawss1:

Where? In lululand?

Half of the people who rush to comment in this section are completely ignorant of the mobile phone industry.
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by ewizard1: 4:32am On Jun 22, 2013
Bawss1:

Where? In lululand?

Half of the people who rush to comment in this section are completely ignorant of the mobile phone industry.

Oga shut up and make research first. @least. Google dey therer now.

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Jibsonified(m): 4:43am On Jun 22, 2013
datovid :
Specs

13.3-inch display with 3200 x 1800
resolution (275ppi)
full QWERTY keyboard
Design: ATIV Q works in four modes:
tablet, laptop, stand and “floating”
mode.
Size: 0.55 inches thickness
Weight: 2.84 pounds
Intel Core i5 processor shocked
Intel HD Graphics 44004GB of RAM
128GB SSD
Ports: 1 USB3.0, 1 USB2.0, HDMI,
RJ45, headphone/mic combo, microSD
9 hours of battery life
Windows 8
Android 4.2.2
SideSync software – lets users share
data between Windows and Android;
allows Windows laptop to update apps
on an Android devices.
S Pen stylus

OH
MY
GOD!!!
*Jaw drops*
shocked shocked
What a Tablet.... WINDROID EVOLUTION
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by LordReed(m): 4:44am On Jun 22, 2013
9jadelta: *passes mic* mumu, are you saying something or just drooling? grin grin

*YAWN*
*cough* dry *cough*
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 22, 2013
caukerzee: you are to blame for your predicaments. the network providers have made provision for data bundles which is way cheaper than using your normal airtime and for the airtime draining apps? you are also to blame for not switching off your bandwith supply when you are not using. not samsung or mtns fault but yours.
almighty god,u sat there and watched me not subscribe?see ur ur judgemental head,i dont need ur blame game,i need solutions which you dont have,so shut it
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Bawss1(m): 6:23am On Jun 22, 2013
ewizard1:

FYI. Nokia has a tab running W8.

ewizard1:

Oga shut up and make research first. @least. Google dey therer now.

You should be the one to do research next time. Nokia has not launched any tablet in any market. Informed sources in the industry SPECULATE about the possibility of such a device from Nokia but you with your research announce with confidence that the Finish OEM already has W8 tablets. So we want to know, when was it launched, was it in lululand?

Rushing to copy the first rendition images off google does not validate your untrue assertion.
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by betrani(m): 6:47am On Jun 22, 2013
These operating systems I'm sure run as virtual machines on a host semi-vm OS
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by caukerzee(m): 7:00am On Jun 22, 2013
ehie: almighty god,u sat there and watched me not subscribe?see ur ur judgemental head,i dont need ur blame game,i need solutions which you dont have,so shut it
i provided solutions its just that you cannot comprehend. I just drew my conclusions from what you said. you complained about airtime finishing and never made mention of data exhausting too quickly...
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 22, 2013
bros u be thuraya i swear
Bawss1: A sweet Windroid device indeed. I wish they slammed cellular broadband into that mix.
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by crackthinker: 8:51am On Jun 22, 2013
The features are outstanding! I hope the price will be affordable!!! grin
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by everyday: 8:53am On Jun 22, 2013
This is one of the most innovative products samsung have brought into the market this year
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by ciphoenix: 9:19am On Jun 22, 2013
milehigh06:

emmmm a lot of chinese made tabs already do this,run android and win ce though on car stereos and win 7 and android on tabs
but they're not powered by haswell
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by ciphoenix: 9:24am On Jun 22, 2013
Bawss1:

You should be the one to do research next time. Nokia has not launched any tablet in any market. Informed sources in the industry SPECULATE about the possibility of such a device from Nokia but you with your research announce with confidence that the Finish OEM already has W8 tablets. So we want to know, when was it launched, was it in lululand?

Rushing to copy the first rendition images off google does not validate your untrue assertion.
worry not yourself over him amigo
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by wakes: 9:45am On Jun 22, 2013
Here I see competition-fueled INOVATION. Can we think as well? We are very inovative too.
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by cecegorz(m): 9:57am On Jun 22, 2013
ITbomb: OMG . End of Discussion
A tablet with full Office and Full window experience combine with Android and google play.
Flash
USB
HDMI
RJ45 port
Keyboard
Thin and Light.
:
Surface Pro is officially dead
iPad just need to learn or what happened to Mac will happen to it.
My prayer. Let them provide a sim card slot
Hahahaha. What do you wanna do with a SIM on a 13'' device. Unless it's for data only. Won't be cool making calls on that.
But can you imagine? USB and RJ45 ports? Mobile office don complete be that.
Now why can't they just slap in a VGA converter Port so that I can plug in my projector and wow my audience with my power point presentations.
Men. Samsung just aced it!
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by LordReed(m): 10:09am On Jun 22, 2013
cecegorz:
Hahahaha. What do you wanna do with a SIM on a 13'' device. Unless it's for data only. Won't be cool making calls on that.
Now why can't they just slap in a VGA converter Port so that I can plug in my projector and wow my audience with my power point presentations.

You can use HDMI instead.

1 Like

Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by Bawss1(m): 10:20am On Jun 22, 2013
cecegorz:

Off course a sim card slot would be for mobile data access. It's funny that someone mentions a sim card slot and many people immediately imagine its for making phone calls.
And yes the Ativ Q does have provision for USB.

Anyways I'm willing to bet that this tablet will cost over $800.
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by legendarysegzi(m): 11:00am On Jun 22, 2013
caukerzee: Couldn't have expected less from a technologically inept low-life isheep prisoner.
i never meant 2 hurt u boy! Dont get angry @ me. .steve jobs is waiting 4 u,go meet him and tell him hw vexed you are,but first u av 2 kick d bucket..
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by cecegorz(m): 11:06am On Jun 22, 2013
Bawss1:

Anyways I'm willing to bet that this tablet will cost over $800.
You mean US price?
There is no way this device can retail below 200k here in naija. That's roughly $1,200.
Ordinary BB Q10 is around $750 here.
@Lord_Reed, the issue with HDMI is that it's not yet a standard feature on most projectors.
I guess Toshiba and co should look into that ASAP.
Re: Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet by adoptop70: 11:18am On Jun 22, 2013
Okija_juju: all I need to hear is that it has a USB port and I'm getting one for my birthday...
yes it has USB standard 3.0 and 2.0 d tablet size is 13.9mm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Blackberry Faces Ban In Nigeria And Users Faith Untold / How To Enable Double Tap Wake Up For All Android Guide / How To Download Paid Apps Free On Playstore [best Method]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.