Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? (3479 Views)

Nigerian Lady Tells Fellow Women To Dump Their Boyfriend If He Just Did His BVN / He Just Discover The Girl He Is Dating Has Marine Spirit/emere Advise Please / I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by dawn21: 10:56am On Jun 22, 2013
I started talking to this guy from Nigeria in April 2013,he has told me he loves me n wants to come to England n marry me,he said that he is willing to give up his job n family for me. He said he has been to c about getting a visa sorted which will b a 6 mth visa then we decide if we wanna get married while he is here then go home to Nigeria for 2 weeks to renew his visa then move here permanently. But i'm worried that all he wants is to get into this country, marry me then once he has a British passport and residency he will just leave, he keeps telling me that he loves me and will get a job n look after me. Am I being stupid in letting this guy come over or do I trust him?
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 22, 2013
OUR BROTHERS ARE AT IT AGAIN! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
op, I think your mind has answered your question and you know the right thing to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 22, 2013
alutacontinua: OUR BROTHERS ARE AT IT AGAIN! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
op, I think your mind has answered your question and you know the right thing to do.

so he cant be in love or what?
how can you be so sure?
abeg no spoil the brother garri wif you sand.
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 22, 2013
baibijay:

how can you be so sure?

I wanted to be optimistic too but reading the story over like the 3rd time, i felt there's no need to deceive a fellow sister. It just doesn't sound good. sad
op, as baibijay has pointed out, there's a 0.0000005% that he's in love.

1 Like

Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 22, 2013
dawn21: I started talking to this guy from Nigeria in April 2013,he has told me he loves me n wants to come to England n marry me,he said that he is willing to give up his job n family for me. He said he has been to c about getting a visa sorted which will b a 6 mth visa then we decide if we wanna get married while he is here then go home to Nigeria for 2 weeks to renew his visa then move here permanently. But i'm worried that all he wants is to get into this country, marry me then once he has a British passport and residency he will just leave, he keeps telling me that he loves me and will get a job n look after me. Am I being stupid in letting this guy come over or do I trust him?

Why are people so naive? Especially some European and American women? I don't understand. Am sorry, no offence intended.
You started talking in APRIL 2013. THAT IS TWO MONTHS AGO!!!!!! And he wants to quit his Job and marry you? And you believe what? It's because of love? Damn!

Sorry for being so straight forward but THINK!
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by demelza: 11:59am On Jun 22, 2013
@OP
Yes that man is in love but not with you. He's in love with your British passport. Men are somewhat notorious for dragging their feet when it comes to marriage which is why Im surprised that he's already proposed to you within a space of 2-3months even without meeting you.
Shine your eyes so you wont be incorporated into the Maga Hall of Fame

4 Likes

Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 22, 2013
dawn21: I started talking to this guy from Nigeria in April 2013,he has told me he loves me n wants to come to England n marry me,he said that he is willing to give up his job n family for me. He said he has been to c about getting a visa sorted which will b a 6 mth visa then we decide if we wanna get married while he is here then go home to Nigeria for 2 weeks to renew his visa then move here permanently. But i'm worried that all he wants is to get into this country, marry me then once he has a British passport and residency he will just leave, he keeps telling me that he loves me and will get a job n look after me. Am I being stupid in letting this guy come over or do I trust him?
Did you come to live in London by accident?
Someone imported the person that made you realise your dream or most likely somebody exported you there. Whichever way, lots of niggas are daily importing ladies and ideally it is reasonable for you to import. Please I encourage you to import and courageously stall any circumstance that may necessitate deportation of your importee in the near future.
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by druid06(m): 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2013
OP, do not adhere to the negative advices some spectators are giving you on here. I best say you should follow your heart. There's no gain without risk and if the dude is trying to use you to get a green card or something, there's no biggie. It's like you're helping out a fellow brother. Have fun while it last but do not forget to consider the other part that the dude in particular might be seriously in love with you and he wants to be with you and can't wait for you guys to spend the rest of your lives together.
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by babseg(m): 12:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
LastApostle:
Did you come to live in London by accident?
Someone imported the person that made you realise your dream or most likely somebody exported you there. Whichever way, lots of niggas are daily importing ladies and ideally it is reasonable for you to import. Please I encourage you to import and courageously stall any circumstance that may necessitate deportation of your importee in the near future.

what rubbish are u typing here?

2 Likes

Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 22, 2013
druid06: OP, do not adhere to the negative advices some spectators are giving you on here. I best say you should follow your heart. There's no gain without risk and if the dude is trying to use you to get a green card or something, there's no biggie. It's like you're helping out a fellow brother. Have fun while it last but do not forget to consider the other part that the dude in particular might be seriously in love with you and he wants to be with you and can't wait for you guys to spend the rest of your lives together.

Are you for real
Which kind of mentality is this?
What happened to asking politely if you need help from someone?
And Yes, a nigerian guy is seriously in love with someone he met ONLINE in 3 months and seriously wants to spend the rest of his life with her. Just how smart is that?
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by dawn21: 12:34pm On Jun 22, 2013
he says he has alread paid 150,000 naira towards his visa but is now asking me to give him £600 towards the rest of it n will pay me back when he gets a job.....thats wot is worrying me....if he wants to come over to b with me then he should find the money to do it .....

1 Like

Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by MrsChima(f): 12:35pm On Jun 22, 2013

Let me see...you met him in April online and it is June.. you guys are talking marriage? Even desperate Nigerian girls don't marry that fast!

You are a potential scam victim simply because you haven't been scammed yet. If you are old and drawing your last breaths...hey live a little and have fun Nigerian style!

Go out with a bang!
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by MrsChima(f): 12:38pm On Jun 22, 2013
carefreewannabe:

Why are people so naive? Especially some European and American women? I don't understand. Am sorry, no offence intended.
You started talking in APRIL 2013. THAT IS TWO MONTHS AGO!!!!!! And he wants to quit his Job and marry you? And you believe what? It's because of love? Damn!

Sorry for being so straight forward but THINK!

Don't make me spank you!
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by demelza: 12:39pm On Jun 22, 2013
dawn21: he says he has alread paid 150,000 naira towards his visa but is now asking me to give him £600 towards the rest of it n will pay me back when he gets a job.....thats wot is worrying me....if he wants to come over to b with me then he should find the money to do it .....
With the after effects of the global recession still affecting Britain, the chances of him, an immigrant getting a job is almost zilch. Even British citizens are finding it difficult to get job talk more of him. That guy is using you as a come up.

2 Likes

Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by MrsChima(f): 12:42pm On Jun 22, 2013
demelza:
With the after effects of the global recession still affecting Britain, the chances of him, an immigrant getting a job is almost zilch. Even British citizens are finding it difficult to get job talk more of him. That guy is using you as a come up.

Just want to say big ups on honesty!
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by babseg(m): 12:44pm On Jun 22, 2013
dawn21: he says he has alread paid 150,000 naira towards his visa but is now asking me to give him £600 towards the rest of it n will pay me back when he gets a job.....thats wot is worrying me....if he wants to come over to b with me then he should find the money to do it .....

Dont u guys see this? He is asking for £600 to process a visa. he is abt to scam you

SMH
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by demelza: 12:48pm On Jun 22, 2013
smiley smiley
Mrs.Chima:

Just want to say big ups on honesty!
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by druid06(m): 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2013
alutacontinua:

Are you for real
Which kind of mentality is this?
What happened to asking politely if you need help from someone?
And Yes, a nigerian guy is seriously in love with someone he met ONLINE in 3 months and seriously wants to spend the rest of his life with her. Just how smart is that?

Bad belle people, make una leave this two love birds alone. Make una nor spoil their relationship with una bad belle ooh..

Asking politely to someone you don't know from Adam to assist you with travelling abroad Does that sound right to you or are you those types of women who gets fat eating and spending 16hrs daily watching nollywood movies..

Who sets the deadly for when a relationship is right. 3 months to me is long enough for them wanting to meet for the first time.

What's this false idealogy that the average Nigerian male online are up to no good. People like you are the medium for the spread of this false idealogy and give us bad image all around the world.

I say we should leave this young couple alone and let them sort their business themselves. If the lady is old enough to fall in love, she's old enough to handle her private matters..

SHAKING MY HEAD FOR BAD BELLE PEOPLE.
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 22, 2013
druid06:

Bad belle people, make una leave this two love birds alone. Make una nor spoil their relationship with una bad belle ooh..

Asking politely to someone you don't know from Adam to assist you with travelling abroad Does that sound right to you or are you those types of women who gets fat eating and spending 16hrs daily watching nollywood movies..

Who sets the deadly for when a relationship is right. 3 months to me is long enough for them wanting to meet for the first time.

What's this false idealogy that the average Nigerian male online are up to no good. People like you are the medium for the spread of this false idealogy and give us bad image all around the world.

I say we should leave this young couple alone and let them sort their business themselves. If the lady is old enough to fall in love, she's old enough to handle her private matters..

So, it's better to just claim to be in love with her and deceive her rather than ask politely.
Notice where I said there might be a lil chance dt he's real but read the story all over again and tell me what you think. Don't be biased this time around. wink
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by MrsChima(f): 1:02pm On Jun 22, 2013
According to UK tourist visa chart
..the total costs is 410.00 in USD.

150, 000 nairas is 949 USD
600 euros is 787 USD

OP....YOU ARE WELCOME.

2 Likes

Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 22, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
According to UK tourist visa chart
..the total costs is 410.00 in USD.

150, 000 nairas is 949 USD
600 euros is 787 USD

OP....YOU ARE WELCOME.

Thank you, ma-am. I was also wondering but didn't have energy to confirm for her.
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2013
Lol, lots of em everywhere. I blame it on bad leadership and rotten Nigerian economy.

Nigerian guys ready to do anything to get out of their Nigerian miserygringrin

See threadstarter, its not just you alone, Nigerian guys now do their Nigerian sisters toogrin so long as the girl or lady lives abroad, especially America, Canada and UK. Most Nigerian guys are ready to quit their marriage to marry any lady living outside Nigeria (America, Canada, UK), be it a white lady or Nigerian girl born abroad, so long as she is a citizen and would make them get a permanent visagrin

Like some posters rightfully advised, u can take the risk or quit becos he is out for the visa, formed love may accompany it though.

Take the risk and get married or don't take the risk and status remain same.

But pls, don't ever send him any money if at all u decide to go ahead with you guys initial plan. Pls don't, let him use his money and process the visa, it doesn't cost much, just a visa application fee and with the right reasons to convince the british consulate.

Btw o, there is fire on the mountain now o...our foreign sisters are all running back home to hookup, and the foreign ladies too...hey, big ups to Nigerian guys, u guys rock! Your demand is gradually going up in the global market, but sisters at home should be at alert o, both the naija sisters in diaspora and foreign ladies are now rushing down to claim ur prize, hmmmgringrin
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by dawn21: 1:21pm On Jun 22, 2013
so either im being scammed or he is genuine n whoever is doing his visa is scamming him still not gonna no the truth .....but a lot if relationships start on the internet n work well .....if he wants to b with me then he will find the money himself

1 Like

Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 22, 2013
I wonder where DN gets his statistical figures from. undecided
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by babseg(m): 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2013
dawn21: so either im being scammed or he is genuine n whoever is doing his visa is scamming him still not gonna no the truth .....but a lot if relationships start on the internet n work well .....if he wants to b with me then he will find the money himself

DailyNews: Lol, lots of em everywhere. I blame it on bad leadership and rotten Nigerian economy.

Nigerian guys ready to do anything to get out of their Nigerian miserygringrin

See threadstarter, its not just you alone, Nigerian guys now do their Nigerian sisters toogrin so long as the girl or lady lives abroad, especially America, Canada and UK. Most Nigerian guys are ready to quit their marriage to marry any lady living outside Nigeria (America, Canada, UK), be it a white lady or Nigerian girl born abroad, so long as she is a citizen and would make them get a permanent visagrin

Like some posters rightfully advised, u can take the risk or quit becos he is out for the visa, formed love may accompany it though.

Take the risk and get married or don't take the risk and status remain same.

But pls, don't ever send him any money if at all u decide to go ahead with you guys initial plan. Pls don't, let him use his money and process the visa, it doesn't cost much, just a visa application fee and with the right reasons to convince the british consulate.

Btw o, there is fire on the mountain now o...our foreign sisters are all running back home to hookup, and the foreign ladies too...hey, big ups to Nigerian guys, u guys rock! Your demand is gradually going up in the global market, but sisters at home should be at alert o, both the naija sisters in diaspora and foreign ladies are now rushing down to claim ur prize, hmmmgringrin

dawn21 this poster has said it all
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by MrsChima(f): 1:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
dawn21: so either im being scammed or he is genuine n whoever is doing his visa is scamming him still not gonna no the truth .....but a lot if relationships start on the internet n work well .....if he wants to b with me then he will find the money himself

Why would you be willing to marry someone you haven't met versus being with someone that you can see on a daily basis in your hometown?

If you want a Nigerian guy...look around England.

You can honestly tell me you love a screen name after two months? No one is saying online dating is bad but taking the time to know the person before talking marriage isn't bad either.

Marriage and relationship fails when strangers cross the line.

2 Likes

Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 22, 2013
druid06:

you have valid points up there but unfortunately, majority of Nigerian guys online professing love to foreign ladies and nigerian girls in diaspora are only doing that to get permanent resident visa. Some may love o along the line shaa...but the driving force behind their love is the visa and the fantasy of dating or getting married to a lady living abroad.

Its just so rampant. I have assisted uncountable number of foreign ladies escape from such dubious guys via my blog, but some don't listen and most times end up hurt/scammed.

There was one that involved a Nigerian guy living in Lagos, who met a Nigerian girl living in Canada. They kept professing love to each other for years until the guy graduated and served and then they decided to marry.

The girl came down, they wedded and then he applied for a fiance visa and after that they two moved to Canada together, but guess what

After few years, the guy became his true self, discovered he didn't really like a diaspora lady and wanted the nigerian bred....along the line, they broke up, marriage dissolved, but he has gotten what he wanted- a permanent visa.

So bro, most times, our brothers do mess up such opportunities, and if we lie to this lady who ran to us for help, how would she forgive us if things ends up bad tomorrow if she goes ahead as planned.

But I do understand u anyway.

So @threadstarter, pls use ur own common sense and make the best decision. All the best though.
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2013
babseg:

what rubbish are u typing here?
Sorry, I know you lack comprehension and whoever liked your post is also handicapped. I went through your previous posts and found out you are actually grammatically incapacitated!

Let me help you bro

What I meant in summary is that she should go ahead with the marriage not undermining the fact that she was somehow a recipient of the abroad 'sponsorship'
Though in my analogy I recreated the situation using the import/export term used in trans-national relationship,this shouldn't confuse you one bit.
Thank you!
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by babseg(m): 1:42pm On Jun 22, 2013
LastApostle:
Sorry, I know you lack comprehension and whoever liked your post is also handicapped. I went through your previous posts and found out you are actually grammatically incapacitated!

Let me help you bro

What I meant in summary is that she should go ahead with the marriage not undermining the fact that she was somehow a recipient of the abroad 'sponsorship'
Though in my analogy I recreated the situation using the import/export term used in trans-national relationship,this shouldn't confuse you one bit.
Thank you!

na u sabi. just write well in which everybody will understand
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 22, 2013
demelza: @OP
Yes that man is in love but not with you. He's in love with your British passport. Men are somewhat notorious for dragging their feet when it comes to marriage which is why Im surprised that he's already proposed to you within a space of 2-3months even without meeting you.
Shine your eyes so you wont be incorporated into the Maga Hall of Fame

Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by DBestDoc(f): 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2013
baibijay:

how can you be so sure?

Love ke! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
na today we begin hear love? This is sure cracking me up.
Re: Is He Just Marrying Me To Get In The Country? by dawn21: 1:59pm On Jun 22, 2013
[quote author=Mrs.Chima]

Why would you be willing to marry someone you haven't met versus being with someone that you can see on a daily basis in your hometown?

If you want a Nigerian guy...look around England.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Tell Your Girlfriend She Is A Bad Cook, Without Offending Her? / My Husband Spoke About My Username On Nairaland / My Mother Knows I Am A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.