Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? (13057 Views)

Can Cheating Be Justified ?? / Ladies, Do You Sometimes Wish It's "Acceptable" To Ask A Guy Out? / Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by Truckpusher(m): 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2013
Atheist:-D:

shocked

What about men in the West?
Men in the West cheats like every other man anywhere.

Google is your friend.
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by Henrypraise: 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2013
I hate it wen tread like dis ar bein debated, from age 16 a girl is ripe for s3x n start indulgin in it a man is matured for s3x wen his pocket says so, n by den he has bin held captive by a lady hu has bathed hersef in numerous sexcapades n now wishes dat her husband shud be eatin only her sour soup, besides at wat point do we say sum one has cheated? Sum women ar in a relationship dey dnt even love n respect d man or dey tink of sum guy but may be for fear of d society dey restrain demsefs from indulgin in d act wen all other parameters ar visible even to d man n society.
Listen most of des women commentin here on dis tread shud be careful, if a man cheats does he not cum home? N if a wife insist dat she will divorce her husband cos he cheated, is an indication dat d man was just a toy to d woman. I stand dat if women had d priviledges possessed by men in our nigeria society, dey will do worst, if u tink its a lie; check out d western world. Women rule relationships.
Women ar being critical now, wat abt guys hu av serious gf n d gfs ar runs gurls? Wat abt guys datin ashii? U beta wise up, if my gurl is leavin me cos I cheat on her, m gona start datin d person I used in chatin on her. Simple. BE WISE.

1 Like

Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2013
it depends of the reason, if you cheat because your wife refuses you sex for no reason then i don't see anything wrong with that .
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by druid06(m): 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2013
Man is an animal, there's this inbounded instinct maybe coded in our D.N.A or something that makes us want to pro-create when we see someone of the opposite sex. Why do you think men are always around virtually aroused the entire day and most of the time all we do is think about sex.

Our mothers and grand mothers and even the ones before them already knew this secret because they were instilled in them from by their own mothers and when they get married, it's no big deal to them if the husbands cheats and you see the reason why their relationship is always forever until one passes away.

Modern woman especially those who are westernized/educated should better come to reality and face the truth, men are polygamous by nature. Any woman in the house that wants a long lasting relationship should be ready to face this truth and deal with it. If you suspect your husband of infidelity, there's no other option than to look the other way if you want a long lasting relationship/marriage.
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 24, 2013
Truckpusher: You're done raising disciples to attack everything I write here in NL abi?.

FYI:Withdraw these your lapdogs else someone is gonna get his butt kicked ,btw you don't have the moral standing to contribute in this kind of topic, your attitude isn't far from what is being discussed here but just like the attention seeking bitc.h and the drama queen you are ,you are in undecided...smdh

You're handle should have been SniperInAnightgown.

I dont have anybody attacking you.

Please feel free to continue the attacks on me tho. kiss
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by druid06(m): 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2013

shocked

What about men in the West?

Same thing with western men.
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by AtheistD(m): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2013
Truckpusher: Men in the West cheats like every other man anywhere.

Google is your friend.

They do. It is a lot less. Cheating is a complicated thing. It is not genetic or evolutionary based however. Dont listen to those who claim it is... they dont even believe in evolution grin. They only quote it to explain their weaknesses.

So, rather than cheating, why not go for an open marriage where you are free to sleep with whomever you want by agreement? Isnt that a better option than all the lies?
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by Wallie(m): 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2013
(CNN) -- Kristen Stewart, Ryan Phillippe, LeAnn Rimes, Jude Law, Mark Sanford and Bill Clinton. What do they have in common?
Many are quick to label a person who strays from his or her marriage or relationship as a "cheater," but it's really not that simple. It's time for our culture to wake up and smell the sex pheromones: monogamy is not natural for many, or probably even most, humans.
With people living longer than ever before, a greater tolerance toward the human impulse to experience sexual variety is needed. Whether a person succeeds at being sexually monogamous depends as much on biology as environment.

The rise of the love marriage
Marrying for love is a relatively new concept. Beginning with Enlightenment -- the cultural movement of the 18th and 19th centuries -- when the pursuit of happiness became a legitimate human pursuit, marrying for love slowly but surely became an aspiration in the Western world.

But for most of human history, marriage was primarily a socioeconomic transaction. Spending the rest of your life with someone was more about the protection of property and the sharing of labor than it was about romance.

Husband: Monogamy destroys marriage
The side effect of the rise of marriage as a romantic proposition was that sexual jealousy became a more prevalent ingredient in marriage than it had been previously. Over time, sexual fidelity has come to be regarded as the barometer of a successful marriage -- regardless of what science tells us about natural human inclinations.
Mate debate: Is monogamy realistic?

Lovebirds cheat
Biologically, we humans are animals. So it makes sense to look to the animal kingdom for clues as to what we are built for. Let's start with birds. For some time, bird species such as lovebirds and penguins were celebrated among humans for their seemingly monogamous ways. About 90% of birds were thought to be strictly monogamous.

But DNA fingerprinting knocked birds off the monogamy perch. Analysis of avian DNA indicates that many nestlings' fathers are not their biological fathers.

This led experts to distinguish between unions that are sexually exclusive and those that are socially monogamous -- meaning a pair that raises a family together but indulges in what are called "extra pair copulations."

"Faithless pairing" is the norm
The evidence shows that monogamy is a rarity among mammals. Only 3% to 5% of all the mammal species on Earth "practice any form of monogamy." In fact, no mammal species has been proven to be truly monogamous.

One species, the prairie vole was subjected to scrutiny by biologists because it appeared to be truly monogamous. But it turns out that as a species, it just has a very high rate of sexual monogamy. Not every prairie vole resists straying.

Studies of prairie voles helped scientists understand that from a chemical and biological standpoint, sexual monogamy depends not just on particular hormones that are released in the brain, but on receptors for these hormones.

Among humans, here's the rub: we have the chemicals and the receptors, but it varies from person to person how much we have. Based on brain wiring alone, inclination toward fidelity can vary dramatically from one individual to another.

In other words, "once a cheater, always a cheater," might have as much to do with brain wiring as with a person's moral compass, upbringing or culture.

The bottom line is that flings are far from folly, at least in the animal kingdom. Even swans -- symbols of fidelity -- are not immune.

One partner for 50 years?
It's also important to look at human longevity with respect to cultural expectations of monogamy.
As recent as over 100 years ago, it was far more likely that an individual would lose his or her spouse at a young age. Remarriage by widows and widowers -- also known as serial monogamy -- was one way for humans to fulfill the need for sexual variety.

Today, the median age for first marriages is 28 for men and 26 for women. Disease is far less likely to kill someone in their prime and life expectancy hovers in the late 70s.

Because fidelity is considered the barometer of a successful marriage, this means that a person is theoretically expected to have one sexual partner for about 50 years.

This seems like a lot to expect of any human being -- even the most honorable, ethical and moral.
Those who are able to stay with one partner for a long haul are sometimes looked upon with awe. Certainly, a lasting and happy marriage tends to be far better for the children.

It has long been assumed that men struggle more with monogamy than women. Some experts have started to question this theory. With the development of a drug that promises to boost female libido, one can argue that sexual boredom and the temptation to stray is as big of an issue for women as it is for men, if not more so.

Human monogamy is influenced by many factors. Instead of pointing fingers or acting morally superior toward those who stray from marriages, we should recognize that strict sexual fidelity is a lofty but perhaps fundamentally doomed aspiration.
No two individuals, and no two couples are alike, and we should respect that.

Moreover, one's perspective on monogamy is not necessarily an indicator of one's personal practices. Many people have incorrectly assumed that because I've read, thought, and written about the problems with human monogamy that I am myself promiscuous.
For the record, nothing could be further from the truth. Nor am I, as many commenters on this Yahoo post suggested, a Satanist or a LovePeddler.

I am just a woman with a healthy respect for science.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/21/opinion/laslocky-monogamy-marriage/index.html?hpt=hp_t4
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by druid06(m): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2013

They do. It is a lot less. Cheating is a complicated thing. It is not genetic or evolutionary based however. Dont listen to those who claim it is... they dont even believe in evolution grin. They only quote it to explain their weaknesses.

So, rather than cheating, why not go for an open marriage where you are free to sleep with whomever you want by agreement? Isnt that a better option than all the lies?

Dude, what? I can't believe this is coming from you. Men in the west cheats as much as we African man. Why do you think 50% of the American marriages end in divorces? Same statistic in Spain too, UK and virtually everywhere. The reason I might believe the western men are a little less is the fear of reprisal. Most married men in this western societies are sometimes afraid of commiting infidelity because of the fear of loosing half of what they've worked for and their kids after divorce...
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by Jman06(m): 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2013
Lolzzzz...real men don't hit women while women are permited 2 break their men's head,shey?what wld u say if ur sister's hubby beats her 2 stupor 4 cheatn?
Evestar200: *YOU CHEAT ON ME*I BREAK UR HEAD* I TAKE YOU GO HOSPITAL*I TREAT U*AND D SCAR DY UR HEAD*ANYTIME U WAN CHEAT* YOU C D SCAR*U NOR GO CHEAT AGAIN*shekina!!!!
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
druid06:

Dude, what? I can't believe this is coming from you. Men in the west cheats as much as we African man. Why do you think 50% of the American marriages end in divorces? Same statistic in Spain too, UK and virtually everywhere. The reason I might believe the western men are a little less is the fear of reprisal. Most married men in this western societies are sometimes afraid of commiting infidelity because of the fear of loosing half of what they've worked for and their kids after divorce...

Respect .....
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by AtheistD(m): 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2013
druid06:

No they dont. Many are committed. Marriage is not a necessity like it is in Africa. Many dont need to get married and can enjoy a joyous single life.
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
Love is cursed by monogamy... angry
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by texanomaly(f): 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2013
druid06: Man is an animal, there's this inbounded instinct maybe coded in our D.N.A or something that makes us want to pro-create when we see someone of the opposite sex. Why do you think men are always around virtually aroused the entire day and most of the time all we do is think about sex.

Women especially African women who are westernized should better face the truth, men are polygamous by nature. Any African woman in the house that wants a long lasting relationship should be ready to face this facts and deal with it. If you suspect your husband if infidelity, there's no other option than to look the other way if you want a long lasting relationship.
Why do speak for all men? I don't believe it.
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by druid06(m): 7:36pm On Jun 24, 2013
texanomaly:
Why do speak for all men? I don't believe it.

You can believe in what you like. This is the truth. So many researches have been done on this matter supporting my claim so belief in fairytales my dear, life isn't always as it seems.
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by texanomaly(f): 7:40pm On Jun 24, 2013
druid06:

You can believe in what you like. This is the truth. So many researches have been done on this matter supporting my claim so belief in fairytales my dear, life isn't always as it seems.
So you are saying there is not a single man in the entire world that does not cheat?
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by Orikinla(m): 7:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
CAN EVIL AND STUPIDITY EVER BE ACCEPTABLE? grin
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by dasparrow: 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2013
druid06: Man is an animal, there's this inbounded instinct maybe coded in our D.N.A or something that makes us want to pro-create when we see someone of the opposite sex. Why do you think men are always around virtually aroused the entire day and most of the time all we do is think about sex.

Women especially African women who are westernized should better face the truth, men are polygamous by nature. Any African woman in the house that wants a long lasting relationship should be ready to face this facts and deal with it. If you suspect your husband if infidelity, there's no other option than to look the other way if you want a long lasting relationship.

@Bolded

Sadly, there will be no long lasting relationship since the cheater (man) and his gullible wife will both die of HIV/AIDS before they can even reach old age. Do you honestly think that black Africa being the HIV/AIDS capital of the world is a coincidence? Other continents are reporting a decline in new HIV cases but black Africa's HIV/AIDS statistics is still through the roof because the average African-bred male has a risky sexual behavior.

According to a recent article I read here on Nairaland, Nigeria has the second highest HIV/AIDS rate in Africa. It is no wonder you people don't live long and the average life expectancy rate for Nigeria is a miserly 52 years when your white counterparts in Europe and North America are living well into their 80s and 90s. Keep sleeping around like dogs on heat. It is your females I feel sorry for and your children who could end up being orphaned at a young age.

Our grandmothers' generation did not have to deal with or worry about the HIV/AIDS virus but our generation has to deal with it. So any man who thinks a woman in this age of HIV/AIDS should tolerate his risky sexual behavior needs to get his head examined. I wonder why many of you bother to get married when you have no intentions of staying faithful. Later on, you people want to preach the bible to the homosexuals forgetting that adulterers according to the bible will not stand a chance of getting into heaven and neither will fornicators. So, if you care about your salvation, live a righteous life or face the consequences in the after life.

5 Likes

Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2013
texanomaly:
So you are saying there is not a single man in the world that does not cheat?

Some say everyone will cheat if they could get away with it.

Truth is, in an increasingly sexualised society, where Beyonce has to wear skimpy clothes to sell a can of Pepsi, where every teenager wears tights with no underwear, and where every top 40 song sounds like a soundtrack to a p0rno movie....Man is a constant state of horniness

Most men don't need an excuse to cheat...but society has made it all too easy...almost compelling even to cheat.

True story
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by bukatyne(f): 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2013
@OP: cheating is not right for any reason. It involves stealing, killing and destruction. God gave humans the power of the mind and we can use this power to spice up our sex lives.

For the guys saying all men cheat, I beg you, please don't believe all men lack self control and are senseless. It is an insult to believe that all men cannot make decisions and stand by it. His would they lead their homes? Marriage is not compulsory. If you know you are a selfish overgrown baby that cannot think with your God given brain on how to spice your own, don't marry. If you cannot uphold the vows you took before God, don't bother making them.

I wonder who Adam was sleeping with besides Eve, perhaps the animals.

For the ladies who think cheating is ok, goodluck

1 Like

Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 24, 2013
bukatyne: @OP: cheating is not right for any reason. It involves stealing, killing and destruction. God gave humans the power of the mind and we can use this power to spice up our sex lives.

For the guys saying all men cheat, I beg you, please don't believe all men lack self control and are senseless. It is an insult to believe that all men cannot make decisions and stand by it. His would they lead their homes? Marriage is not compulsory. If you know you are a selfish overgrown baby that cannot think with your God given brain on how to spice your own, don't marry. If you cannot uphold the vows you took before God, don't bother making them.

You sound like the evangelist who is a closet prossteetute

You know that sometimes things happen beyond our control

Matters of the heart and loins are not binary equations that always hold true to logic - so your assertion that fidelity is matter of choice...or upholding vows, is a fallacy

Remember the proviso in the bible? 'For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God...Even the Christian God is aware of man's extremely complex nature

Besides I hope you know the forbidden fruit in the garden of eden was analogy for sexuall impropriety.

I can almost bet your left testicle that your vituperation up there is a way of trying to assuage your guilt - but you have failed....woefully

Chop and clean mouth bros. That is the way cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by texanomaly(f): 8:10pm On Jun 24, 2013
bukatyne: @OP: cheating is not right for any reason. It involves stealing, killing and destruction. God gave humans the power of the mind and we can use this power to spice up our sex lives.

Thank you for speaking out. I knew that guy did not represent every man.
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by olumidazz: 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2013
Yes when it is 1-1 goaless draw. Do me I do u GOD no vex.
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by MissEZ(f): 8:20pm On Jun 24, 2013
Why should it ever be acceptable? People need to learn discipline and self control. Add honesty and faithfulness to that list. My take is if you cannot be faithful in a relationship, then don't get into one. That is except of course both parties are birds of the same feather
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by Evestar200(f): 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2013

What if you kill him in the process? It is never good to get violent in the process.
HE NOR GO DIE
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by Rilikoko(m): 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
@Op...babe u too fine!

Cheating is unpardonable.
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by kliq(m): 8:57pm On Jun 24, 2013
Oh well...jus maybe
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by druid06(m): 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2013
texanomaly:
So you are saying there is not a single man in the entire world that does not cheat?

There're few principled men with strict morals and men who value honor more than life itself. Men who defend their honor and never let that guard down even for a second or fall into sexual temptations. Also men with low self esteem who would remain faithful till the end because they don't think they have a chance in the world with another woman out there. Those men like precious metal are rare and are the ones that keep getting cheated on by their partners.
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by ravensckar(m): 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2013

shocked
U'v sounded lyk one who tinks 4rm d anus. arguing wit u isn't wrth my hard earned MB. my only prayer 4 u is dt u get ur type 4 a wife.
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2013
it is not a crime to be a hypocrite and blissfully ignorant of it.. but as they say... Reality Bites. we aspire to possess LOVE only gods can give (or so we have been told)and yet cannot accept that we are only human, it is in our nature to cheat regardless of the reason. it is called Biology. it is hard-wired into our brains

2 Likes

Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by AtheistD(m): 9:27pm On Jun 24, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: it is not a crime to be a hypocrite and blissfully ignorant of it.. but as the say... Reality Bites. we aspire to possess LOVE only gods can give (or so we have been told)and yet cannot accept that we are only human, it is in our nature to cheat regardless of the reason. it is called Biology. it is hard-wired into our brains

No it aint?

If it was then prove it grin
Re: Can Cheating Ever Be Acceptable? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:29pm On Jun 24, 2013

No it aint?

If it was then prove it grin

Leave a bootylicious christian preacher babe in a room with a badt guy, cold night with heavy rainfall.. grin just one bed, no chairs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Has Been Single For Over A Year? / How Do I Pet A Woman Oooo / My Heart Melts Each Time I Look At Those Eyes (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.