Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,342 members, 7,829,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

War In Heaven!!! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / War In Heaven!!! (3752 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: War In Heaven!!! by bolaino(m): 9:10pm On Jun 23, 2013
plaetton: With the many many contradictions of blind-faith christianity, the war in heaven is perhaps the grandmother of all contradictions.
The war in heaven, if true,murders all the ridiculous biblical beliefs with just one stone.

1st, if you are a christian, you have no choice than to believe that it happened. Now, if you do, then it presents you with a lot to think about.
The war in heaven implies that heaven is a physical place and that god and his army of angels are physical beings.
War means the use of weapons to hurt or kill perceived enemies.
Spiritual beings cannot neither feel pain nor die, therefore, war in a spiritual heaven by spiritual beings would make absolutely no sense since neither army could be hurt or killed.

2nd,the war in heaven shatters the idea of a one and only god.War in heaven means that heaven is a world populated with discontented beings, who , at some point, rebelled against their leader.

3rd, war in heaven would also imply that god is not so omnipotent after all. No one, no matter how powerful or cunning, can mount a war against an omnipotent, omniscience and omnipresent god.
Unless ofcourse, god's omni omniness is greatly exagerated. lol.

4th, it puts a damper on the intelligent design notion, because, again it would seem that god's designs were not working as perfectly as he had envisioned.

5th, the seven-day creation story also suffers, because now, we know that conflict was already present on the earth before the creation of adam. Therefore, eden was not a mythical paradise , but a theatre of celestial war between god and his rebellious angels.

6th, Why would god banish Lucifer and his rebellious angels to earth, his new pet project, without even anticipating that the rebels might corrupt and cause problems for humans?
Why couldn't god just have simply banished lucifer to hot mercury or gold and gaseous jupiter, far away from his adamic pet project?

7th, Why hasn't god simply killed the rebels since then? Since we know, especially christians, that the devil is alive and well, further celestial conflicts would seem almost inevitable, and its a coin toss as to who will be victorious the next time.
the War in heaven was a mistake on the part of the writers of the bible, if they had thought about it thoroughly they wouldn't have bothered putting that story in the bible, cos it brings up a lot of issues regarding the nature of God and heaven, like you've rightly pointed out.
Re: War In Heaven!!! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 23, 2013
bolaino: the War in heaven was a mistake on the part of the writers of the bible, if they had thought about it thoroughly they wouldn't have bothered putting that story in the bible, cos it brings up a lot of issues regarding the nature of God and heaven, like you've rightly pointed out.

It has been stated that the whole of revelations is controversial right from the treaty of Nicea where many had wanted it ditched like some other books but Constantine wanted it in there and whatever Constantine wanted he got. This singular decision has become an albatross. If there is another opportunity to edit the Bible am sure many chapters and verses would be removed from the Bible like:

Lev 26:29
You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters.

Jeremiah 19: 9
I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters, and they will eat one another's flesh during the stress of the siege imposed on them by the enemies who seek their lives.

Lamentation 4:10
With their own hands compassionate women
have cooked their own children,
who became their food
when my people were destroyed.

Ezekiel 5:10
Therefore in your midst fathers will eat their children, and children will eat their fathers. I will inflict punishment on you and will scatter all your survivors to the winds.

These few of the most troubling parts of the Bible. Nigerian pastors will never point these outrageous verses to their followers. It would be too grotesque and won't make anyone give more money for private jets. These verses have left many to ask "Can a good and loving God command acts of cannibalism? "

2 Likes

Re: War In Heaven!!! by ezme(m): 10:02pm On Jun 23, 2013
MostHigh:

That Would be the first heaven AKA terrestrial AKA mother earth.

So we can both agree that we are already in Heaven, right?
Re: War In Heaven!!! by MostHigh: 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2013
ezme:

Correction 1st heaven.

Which is completely different from the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.
Re: War In Heaven!!! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 23, 2013
obadiah777: YOU ERR NOT KNOWING SCRIPTURES. EZEKIEL 38 VS 39 IS A FACET OF ARMAGEDDON. IT IS FUTURE PROPHESY. GOG IS RUSSIA. BASICALLY RUSSIA WILL NUKE THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL ( WHICH IS WHY THE LORD SAID IF IT WAS MY PEOPLE WOULD THERE NOT BE PEACE IN THE WORLD ? BUT SEEING AS IT IS NOT MY PEOPLE GO AGAINST THEM AND DESTROY THEM ). SO THATS RUSSIA NUKING THE LAND OF ISRAEL WHICH WILL BE ONE FACET OF ARMAGEDDON. OF COURSE ANOTHER FACET INVOLVES CHINA AND USA AND IRAN ETC ETC
well my bible tells me that in the last days there will be false prophets, who will decieve, even the elect, the only way to bust them is if the contradict the word . OGA WAT are all these; please show me in da bible where GOG became Russia. And where nukes were mentioned.
Re: War In Heaven!!! by MostHigh: 10:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
olire: well my bible tells me that in the last days there will be false prophets, who will decieve, even the elect, the only way to bust them is if the contradict the word . OGA WAT are all these; please show me in da bible where GOG became Russia. And where nukes were mentioned.

For how long will you be asking to be shown wonderful things.

Big man there is as much as the prophet can show you.

Sometimes you need to figure things out for yourself

Study to show yourself approved.

1 Like

Re: War In Heaven!!! by dougivilla(m): 11:23pm On Jun 23, 2013
MostHigh: Within the book of revelation we are told that Satan is bound beneath the earth for 1000yrs

This period is a time of great peace and is known biblically as the kingdom of the heavens

After the 1000yr period Satan is loosed once again to call the earth to another great battle after which he will be banished forever.

So yeah after the millennial reign there is prophesised another battle.

i thought you guys had non literal interpretations for every scripture?.

How come its only this your heaven on earth lie-lie that does'nt have a special dpi(Demonic private interpretation)? Smh!
Re: War In Heaven!!! by ezme(m): 11:58pm On Jun 23, 2013
ezme:

Where exactly is the heaven where those who would be rewarded with eternal life reside?

your response

MostHigh:

That Would be the first heaven AKA terrestrial AKA mother earth.

I went further to say

ezme:

Your response

MostHigh:

Correction 1st heaven.

Which is completely different from the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

...Now I would like you to talk about this kingdom of Heaven?
Re: War In Heaven!!! by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 24, 2013
MostHigh:

YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL SIRE. HE WANTS TO BE SPOON-FED grin grin I GIF UP. I HAVE DONE MY BEST.
Re: War In Heaven!!! by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 24, 2013
MostHigh:

silly excuse for your deceit:p if you can't defend ur fallacies, please carry your LOAD OF LIES and leave dis thread. You weren't INVITED.
Re: War In Heaven!!! by bolaino(m): 8:33am On Jun 24, 2013
obadiah777: YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL SIRE. HE WANTS TO BE SPOON-FED grin grin I GIF UP. I HAVE DONE MY BEST.
E GO SHOCK UNA,
Re: War In Heaven!!! by dougivilla(m): 9:06am On Jun 24, 2013
dougivilla: i thought you guys had non literal interpretations for every scripture?.

How come its only this your heaven on earth lie-lie that does'nt have a special dpi(Demonic private interpretation)? Smh!
Where are the enemies of truth?? Where obadiah777? Where mosthigh?
Re: War In Heaven!!! by MostHigh: 9:58am On Jun 24, 2013
olire: silly excuse for your deceit:p if you can't defend ur fallacies, please carry your LOAD OF LIES and leave dis thread. You weren't INVITED.

Didnt know it was by invitation only

Also talking about invitation like that in an online forum makes you sounds like facist garbage.

Anyone hearing you speak would think you have given an intepretation that has edified us all.

And the truth is that you have not But instead you chose to bath in ignorance

There is nothing to defend.

The truth speaks for itself and needs none to defent it.

You on the other hand will leave this incarnation still ignorant of your true purpose because of your SILLY PRIDE.

2 Likes

Re: War In Heaven!!! by MostHigh: 10:01am On Jun 24, 2013
dougivilla: Where are the enemies of truth?? Where obadiah777? Where mosthigh?

Enemies of truth?

More like 2 faithfull witnesses.

Go figure.

1 Like

Re: War In Heaven!!! by MostHigh: 10:11am On Jun 24, 2013
dougivilla: i thought you guys had non literal interpretations for every scripture?.

The bolded is a lie, but then its no suprise seeing your father is the father of all liars

Would you rather the intepretation was non literal, and had a demonic Private interpretation whatever that is?

You just love hearing your own voice abi? Narcisstic fellow

Sounds like you have been busy going through all interpretations of obadiah and the mosthigh.

Good for you, but I doubt it will make any impact on your life.

Finally because your conciousness cannot accept a heaven on earth, it does not mean that a heaven on earth shall not manifest.

Son of the Devil.

1 Like

Re: War In Heaven!!! by MostHigh: 10:13am On Jun 24, 2013
ezme:

your response

I went further to say

Your response

...Now I would like you to talk about this kingdom of Heaven?

What exactly would you like to know?

Just so we are on point.
Re: War In Heaven!!! by Debeloved87(m): 11:49am On Jun 24, 2013
The question is a good question...the Almighty GOD dont fight HE just sits, plan and watch as things evolve...but when one Cherubim thinks he could be greater than every other Cherubims even greater than the "word of God", then filled with pride and raise shoulders over everyone, then he mistakes himself...then the show of battle speed up, as this prideful creature continues in foolish thoughts and arrogance in the heavenlies...in the spirit realm its very easy to read/see/know what everyone is thinking....so the war now, the devil deceive those under him and they were all pulled down by the faithful cherubims and their host of legions...while others are very loyal till today to God..so because of that a high standard was raised for living in heaven any angel of any rank that conceive any evil thought is immediately kicked out, and thats why its quite a bit difficult for humans to make it to heaven, firstly you have to accept the Lordship of the "word of God" i.e JESUS and then live a holy, pure and peaceful life without any evil/unclean thought but as humans na, we have the blood of JESUS for cleansing ourselves every now and then...this ensures every inhabitants and intending inhabitants of heaven to be peaceful,humble and holy individuals...except for the cast aways whose judgement has already been established by the Almighty.
Re: War In Heaven!!! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2013
MostHigh:

Also talking about invitation like that in an online forum makes you sounds like facist garbage.

Anyone hearing you speak would think you have given an intepretation that has edified us all.

You on the other hand will leave this incarnation still ignorant of your true purpose because of your SILLY PRIDE.
WELL DAYUMMM THIS WAS A SPANKING IF I EVER SAW ONE. AFTER RECIEVING A POST LIKE THIS, IF I WERE YOU OLIRE, I WOULD JUST JUMP INTO RIVER NIGER WITH CEMENT TIED AROUND MY NECK grin grin grin
Re: War In Heaven!!! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 24, 2013
MostHigh:

Enemies of truth?

More like 2 faithfull witnesses.

Go figure.
DROP THE TRUTH PROPHET MOST HIGH grin grin
Re: War In Heaven!!! by MostHigh: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
grin
obadiah777: WELL DAYUMMM THIS WAS A SPANKING IF I EVER SAW ONE. AFTER RECIEVING A POST LIKE THIS, IF I WERE YOU OLIRE, I WOULD JUST JUMP INTO RIVER NIGER WITH CEMENT TIED AROUND MY NECK grin grin grin

But most folks never learn.

Top of the morning to you Sire.
Re: War In Heaven!!! by MostHigh: 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
obadiah777: DROP THE TRUTH PROPHET MOST HIGH grin grin

Dougvilla needs to flogged with koboko for 7 days and 7 nights.

LWTMB true.

Probably the only way to try and initiate a change in perspective/Heart.
Re: War In Heaven!!! by MostHigh: 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2013
obadiah777: WELL DAYUMMM THIS WAS A SPANKING IF I EVER SAW ONE. AFTER RECIEVING A POST LIKE THIS, IF I WERE YOU OLIRE, I WOULD JUST JUMP INTO RIVER NIGER WITH CEMENT TIED AROUND MY NECK grin grin grin

LWKM O
Re: War In Heaven!!! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 24, 2013
MostHigh:

*bored; yawns* anoda silly excuse to defend your OLODONESS
Re: War In Heaven!!! by MostHigh: 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2013
olire: *bored; yawns* anoda silly excuse to defend your OLODONESS

LWTMB true

I am not on the defensive here, why should I be

Thats all you could come up with??

E be like say confusion don catch you.

Anyways na you get your mouth.
Re: War In Heaven!!! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 24, 2013
MostHigh:

LWTMB true

I am not on the defensive here, why should I be

Thats all you could come up with??

E be like say confusion don catch you.

Anyways na you get your mouth.

F.uck, you gys hav finally derailed this thread. pls turn back to the topic wen you don't have bull shit to say again.
Re: War In Heaven!!! by MostHigh: 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2013
olire: F.uck, you gys hav finally derailed this thread. pls turn back to the topic wen you don't have bull shit to say again.

Derail ke?

You are not even the owner of the thread, let the OP speak out for himself.

There were others who responded positively and without prejudice even if they did not totally agree with I.

Let me say it again you Mr man are a Facist P*g
Re: War In Heaven!!! by ezme(m): 10:17pm On Jun 24, 2013
MostHigh:

What exactly would you like to know?

Just so we are on point.

The location and nature of this Kingdom of Heaven
Re: War In Heaven!!! by MostHigh: 11:03am On Jun 25, 2013
ezme:

The location and nature of this Kingdom of Heaven

1. The Location of this kingdom as I have intimated to you before is The physical earth

If your question is refering to the exact location on earth then my answer is the African continent.

2. As to the nature of this kingdom we can say the kingdom history and prophecy state that the messanaic kingdom is THEOCRATIC by nature.

By theocracy we mean the farther standing as priest and king in the human family with the most high God over us all (Just as moses intimated/requested in the torah)
Re: War In Heaven!!! by ezme(m): 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
MostHigh:

1. The Location of this kingdom as I have intimated to you before is The physical earth

If your question is refering to the exact location on earth then my answer is the African continent.

2. As to the nature of this kingdom we can say the kingdom history and prophecy state that the messanaic kingdom is THEOCRATIC by nature.

By theocracy we mean the farther standing as priest and king in the human family with the most high God over us all (Just as moses intimated/requested in the torah)

Is this Kingdom already in place or it is to come?
Re: War In Heaven!!! by MostHigh: 10:06am On Jun 27, 2013
ezme:

Is this Kingdom already in place or it is to come?

For the elect the kingdom is aready here.

For others it is yet to come

And for the likes of shidemmi and dougvilla the kingdom is a farce and will never come (these ones say they must [b]EXPERIENCE PHYSICAL DEATH [/b]to go to heaven)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Shall Reap Where You Did Not Sow / Who Is The REAL Hero Here / Pastor Yonggi Cho Jailed Three Years For $12m Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.