Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,050 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) - Literature (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (721611 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / STORY FOR THE GODS [Nairaland Best Ever Magical Movie] / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by achi4u(m): 11:47am On Sep 26, 2013
lil jboy: another bait I guess
Yea! swallow it the way it is.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by chorlay: 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
zubyzubyzuby
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by vivianc(f): 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
Zubby cried? As in out of remorse? Wow! So you were/are human after all? Wow!!!!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Austinodark(m): 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
vivianc: Zubby cried? As in out of remorse? Wow! So you were/are human after all? Wow!!!!
Thought u unfollowed dis thread!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by donigspain(m): 1:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
Good one Jay bee

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 26, 2013
Mod working grin grin grin
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Chicent(m): 3:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
Austinodark: Thought u unfollowed dis thread!

Tot I saw her alone! *smh*

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by komek(m): 6:01pm On Sep 26, 2013

Don't mind her jare... Some of us on NL want to be moticed.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by vivianc(f): 7:29pm On Sep 26, 2013

Chop sh...it there! I have every damn right to follow and unfollow any thread i deem fit, abi na your papa thread?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by vivianc(f): 7:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
komek:

Don't mind her jare... Some of us on NL want to be moticed.

Be noticed by who? A squirrel like you?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by desertboom(m): 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
vivianc:

I don't know you but you've got to behave like a woman.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by kentochi(m): 10:25pm On Sep 26, 2013
Wow! It is really good to wait before writing of totally on any body oga Zubby am happy for that Bold step!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by komek(m): 10:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
vivianc:

Tomoro pple will say husbands are scare. Who go wan put this one for house.

Childish thing!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by cheruv: 11:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
temhab: embarassed in tears
Na crocodile or alligator tears you dey shed? undecided
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by cheruv: 11:16pm On Sep 26, 2013
Don't mind her..women are confused creatures.talk one thing mean another thing

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by aao: 11:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
nice write-up so far. I'm sure and know you are more than capable to always keep me wanting more. All the best. Hope you are enjoying the coal city at the moment?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 11:43pm On Sep 26, 2013
Chapter 138

''You sold my phone Austin, uhm Azubuike'' she said in between tears.
I wanted to tell her that i will buy another phone for her but i had already done that. I knew her concern would be more about the contacts that she lost.
''I know who i sold it to, i will go and see if he still has it'' i said.
I knew i had wiped the contacts but i wanted to give her hope. I needed her to stop crying and it worked but when i thought that everything had been settled, Maria said ''I am going back to Italy Tomorrow evening. I have another phone in Italy where all my contacts were saved, you can forget about the phone''.

The news was a mixture of relief and surprise to me. Maria would have left back to Europe without my knowledge if i had not visited her. I didn't want to pursue that line of topic since i knew she was already upset.

''It is alright baby, the important thing is that you have forgiven me, i will meet up with you in Europe very soon'' i said as i walked to where she was and kissed her.

After a long kiss, Maria dragged me slowly to her room where two large traveling bags had already been packed. Her wardrobe was open and there were no more cloths in it.

''Lets make love one more time Austin, we may never see each other again'' she said.
I wanted to argue that we will soon meet in Europe but the reality was that she may have been right.
My second mission to Europe was supposed to be about drugs and not women.

Her mouth had covered mine and she had pushed me down on the bed.
Maria laid on top of me and continued kissing as if she was going to die the next day.
Some moments later, our clothes were seen on the floor while our naked bodies rolled over each other from one side of the bed to another kissing and fvcking like newly wedded couple.
After making a passionate love, we laid naked on the bed for long until the night came.

A knock on the door had startled us.
''Are you expecting anybody'' i asked.
''No, except my uncle who is supposed to come and carry my Television and other things tomorrow'' she said.
I became alerted.
Had the area boys tracked me down with my car or did Maria set me up.
The second possibility was far fetched since i was with Maria throughout the evening. But the first possibility wasn't far fetched.
I had dined with the area boys several times. They knew my car which they had seen several times.

The second knock had reminded me that i was still naked, therefore i got down and slowly wore my clothes. Two things were going to happen. It was either they killed or wounded me, whichever way, i was not going to call the Police. I slowly walked to the sitting room and found Maria's phone vibrating. As i picked it up, i saw Uncle Osaro on the screen.
Could it be him that was knocking? As soon as the phone stopped vibrating, i saw 17 missed calls on the screen.
It was probably Osaro knocking.
I walked back to the room and handed the phone to Maria who dialed Osaro's number immediately. It was him at the door. Relief!.

Uncle Osaro had been calling Maria for over two hours to find out what time he would come to the house the following day. Unfortunately, Maria had left her phone in the sitting room. The phone was on vibration alert as well. We could not hear the sound from the room.

''Uncle, this is Austin, the guy i told you bought me a phone when my own was stolen'' Maria said as she looked at me and smiled.
Alert! Alert!!.

''Yes Uncle, those area boys won't let people rest in this country'' i said quickly. It was in an effort to stop Maria from continuing to the end of the story where it would be revealed that i had confessed to sending the area boys.
Although i could still deny if she told Uncle about my confession. It was true that i had confessed and was ready to change but i wasn't really ready to admit that i sent people to attack Maria. Her uncle could misunderstand the whole thing and decide to call the police.
Anyway, Maria didn't intend to tell her uncle. She had really forgiven me but she had just scared me into calling Osaro 'uncle' as if he was my uncle or as if uncle was his name.

''I will bring my car to you with the keys tomorrow afternoon. Austin will drive me to the airport'' she said.
I didn't plan to take her to the airport but it wasn't a big deal. I would do that.

When uncle left, i received a call from Chinasa. She had asked where i was. She wanted to see me. According to the vague information she gave me, Clement had told her that he was going to hit me soon. She had begged Clement to forget about it but it seemed that he had made up his mind.

She had threatened to even quit the relationship if Clement touched me but Clement didn't care.

''I am in Surulere now. I will return to the estate tomorrow Morning'' i told her and hung up.

I knew i was not going to the estate until tomorrow night. I was going to the Ikeja Murtala Muhammad Airport tomorrow evening with Maria. It meant that my arrival at the estate could be anything from 8 to 9 pm when Maria must have left the departure hall to the boarding hall.

I had decided to make peace but it seemed i would take some hits before i could achieve that. Hits that i didn't know how severe it was going to be. It could be a mass beating by some hired thugs. It could be a hit and run and above all, it could be a gunshot which could even result to my death.
But why did the brat reveal his intentions? He had just made the first mistake.
He may have known more people in that area, had more resources too but he had made the mistake of revealing that he would hit me.

No, Mr Clement, you can't hit me since i already knew that.
He had just given me time to plan. Plan to either leave the estate and disappear, or plan to be elusive as long as i wanted, or even plan to hit him first.
Whichever one it was going to be, i needed to act fast.

First and foremost, i needed to win Chinasa, our common ally, to my side.
Yes, i got it; Chinasa first.

Chinasa, Welcome to ''Life on the run''.

" The very purpose of existence is to
reconcile the glowing opinion we hold
of ourselves with the appalling things
that other people think about us."

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Asabaman(m): 12:03am On Sep 27, 2013
ZUBY77: edit
though I read it already. but y? oga zubby u ve not only inspired me with ur story, I have also falling in love. I might become a Muslim for my love. lol wink she knows herself.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by arbass(m): 12:08am On Sep 27, 2013
well done mr zubbs. you still up @dz hour.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by aao: 12:48am On Sep 27, 2013
nice n thanks for the midnyt update.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by bluejeff(m): 1:33am On Sep 27, 2013
Ok, I have finally reached here after about 3 weeks of reading about 3-4 pages per night. Nice write up I must say Zubby, for the first time I have actually started a story on nairaland & gotten to the present last page.
Will definately continue to the very end of it but not after giving it a break of about 1 week to allow the chapters compile.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Tinynita(f): 6:41am On Sep 27, 2013
vivianc: Zubby cried? As in out of remorse? Wow! So you were/are human after all? Wow!!!!
u said u were unfollowing d thread...wat r u stil doing here?.....u r just a clear example of a DECEIVER

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by eunisam: 7:23am On Sep 27, 2013
zuby keep flooding us with more updates while we wait for the permernent site.

Do it as usual guys are speedly unfollowing due to snail update.

Abi una no like 3 updates a day

click like

3 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ireke(m): 9:09am On Sep 27, 2013
eunisam: zuby keep flooding us with more updates while we wait for the permernent site.

Do it as usual guys are speedly unfollowing due to snail update.

Abi una no like 3 updates a day

click like

Abeg free Zuby. Nigerians too like awoof and see the way folks always harass him when the updates are not flowing. It’s as if they are paying him. Anybody wey wan unfollow make he unfollow. Followership does not translate to money in his pocket so he is free to pursue his other interests abi na dis one dey feed am? If the almost 90000 views can just translate into ten naira per view, we won’t have to beg him to update.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by achi4u(m): 10:35am On Sep 27, 2013
Ozoigbondu well don but you promise us 3 straight update before you travel to coal city.

we are waiting ...
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2013
Chapter 139

At the Murtala Muhammad airport, i sat on a metal chair fastened on the floor and talked with Maria. I told her that i would come to Italy as soon as i returned to Europe. She also promised to visit me wherever i decided to live in Continental Europe.
We chated and waited until it was time to check in.
I helped her checked-in her two luggages before i left the airport and drove to Ikotun.

Bob, an uncle of mine lived there in Ikotun. He was married with children. When i arrived to his house that evening, he was surprised to see me. I told him that i wanted to go to TB Joshua the next day and that i wanted to park my car in his place. After chating and drinking, i left my car in his place, took a bike and drove back to estate.
Elizabeth who had been calling me, was waiting for me at the estate gate. Bikes were banned from entering the estate from 6pm, therefore we walked all the way from the gate to my house. She had naturally asked about my car which i lied to her that i had left at the mechanic.
We got to my place and met Okey. He said he wanted to go to festac for clubbing that night but i told him i wasn't going. A war had been declared on me, therefore i needed to be as careful as a snake.
''I am clubbing here with Elizabeth, you can go to Festac alone or call one of your concubines'' i said as i walked past him into my room.

The following morning was a Sunday. I had promised Stella and her mother that i would visit the prophet they suggested to me. I had asked Okey where the Church was located and he had directed me. It wasn't really far from Jakande estate. It was located along the Ikotun road. The name was Synagogue Church of all Nations.

I had taken a Bike to the place and stopped at the entrance. It was a magnificent place decorated with fancy lights, the type God approved.
As i walked in the direction of where others where heading, we got to a Place where we were all stopped and searched. We were asked a few questions before some of us were allowed into the auditorium. Others were directed towards the right where i didn't know. The place was already filled before i came despite waking up and going there so early that morning.
The prophet wasn't there yet but it was clear to me that there was no way i could see him privately on that Sunday. I had thought that i would approach him and kneel down before him to deliver me from whatever revenge evil that had occupied my conscience but when i looked around, i discovered that there were hundreds of people who required urgent attention. Cripples, blind men and women, deaf and dumb, mad men etc. They had been spotted in every corner of the Synagogue.

I wanted to get up and go back home since my problem was far too small but before i could make up my mind to do so, the Man of God appeared amidst cheers and shouts of ''Alleluya and Praise God''.
I relaxed on my seat and waited for the sermon. Apparently he was the God in the building but we Africans didn't know that.
''In Jesus name'' the Prophet said.
''Amen'' Echoed from all corners of the Church.

After the initial prayers, the prophet began his teachings.
The Topic of the day was forgiveness. It was a miracle. I had almost believed that Stella or her mother had called the prophet and told him to preach Forgiveness since i had promised them to attend the Church.

For several minutes, the prophet rambled on how good it was to forgive your enemies no matter what the offence was. I sat there and wondered if he knew what he was talking about. How advisable was it to forgive someone who tried to kill you but failed? What about someone who had taken all your money out of wickedness and disappeared? How about you were preparing for your exams and someone intentionally burnt all your books so that you would fail? Or a situation where you wanted to fly to Overseas and out of wickedness, someone took your international passport and burnt it?

According to the prophet, every offence was forgiveable but according to me, there were things that we can't simply forgive. We were all hypocrites. We forgive the small offence and revenge or take legal actions on the big ones. It was very easy to forgive someone who intentionally slapped us or someone who intentionally poured dirty water on our clothes but what about someone who intentionally fvcked our wives, and did it twice after forgiving him the first time?

The World is full of good and evil and both of them balanced each other. Without good, there would be no bad. That was why i believed so much in the rule of law.
Of course it was only good that the Church preached forgiveness, it help the people to live side by side with each other.
The problem with most Africans was that they hardly analyze things on their own. They just sat there and listened to the preachers who would in turn analyze the preaching based on his or her own understanding.

Everything in the World was based on context. Context, you heard me right. If i must forgive you for doing wrongs to me, i must first of all consider the context. I must check how remorseful you were. I must consider if you were ready to do that again or not. I must consider what i would lose or gain.

Thanks Prophet for reminding me that it was important to forgive but no thanks because there were things that we can't Just forgive. I recalled in the Bible when God would order the Israelites to destroy other towns and cities due to one thing or the other. Where was the forgiveness?
I recalled back in Europe where every offence were clearly stated, including disobeying the traffic lights. Each offence had its punishment and no matter the reason you gave, the law would punish you. Yes the law, That was what we needed in our own society. That was the only thing that can reset the mindsets of our people. But of course a certain book told us not to Judge. Nothing else mattered. Just don't judge and you will go to Heaven. But you can Judge Goodluck Jonathan's performances.

Yes , according to the Tribal bigots, the Religious bigots and the partisan bigots, Goodluck jonathan, our dear President is clueless but 'thou shall not judge'.

"Wake up fellow Africans, we are far behind and there must be some reasons behind that"

" I have suffered a great deal from readers who have quoted this or that
sentence of mine out of its
context in matter which quite
distorted my meaning, or destroyed it
altogether.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by yemi2plus(m): 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
Saw and read.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2013
No judgment grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (162) (Reply)

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups

Viewing this topic: gendebs(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.