Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders (8768 Views)

Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo / TY Danjuma: 'Boko Haram’s Intelligence Is 100% Better Than That Of Our Military' / Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by curtain: 11:45am On Jun 23, 2013
Did the title given to T.Y came with madness? why can't u just keep ur purchased-title and keep quiet, he who lives in a glass house shoudnt throw stone, take a cue from David mark the smartest souldier among ur colleagues.

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 23, 2013
Nwa Teacher: Danjuma again, preaching about patriotism, one of the mastermind of nigeria civil war. The blood of the innocent people you killed in Biafra are still hunting for you. U will neva go unpunished

Story...

You're deluded.
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by egift(m): 12:05pm On Jun 23, 2013
Idoma Likita: A Man whom Forbes magazine listed as the 19th Richest Man in Africa cannot even boast of having constructed a single road in his village in Taraba..Not a Single Industry..Not a Single Scholarship for his Village Youth..Nothing! His Mansions dotted all over the Country are Unoccupied..Taraba does not have a Single Landmark in his name! Yet He preaches Patriotism..I don't blame him, I blame d Moderators for bringing this trash to Frontpage! Una don make me Sin on a Sunday now! Mtscheew!

Why do you guys keep lying in broad day like this? Have you ever had of TY Danjuma Foundation and all the grants and efforts over the years - http://tydanjumafoundation.org/

Your hatred for anyone that says the truth about Jonathan is making you blind.

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 23, 2013
Most of these commenting here are people that analyse issues mainly in who side the character was and still is on issues relating to Biafra and the Nigeria civil war ...they will never analyse anything objectively
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by obinnakenedo(m): 12:13pm On Jun 23, 2013
Shebi, shebi n u kill ironsi?. True or false?. Oloshi!
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by obinnakenedo(m): 12:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
ilugunboy:

History revisionist. ...his loyalty is to Nigeria and not to an individual.
here we go again. Oya begin put Buhari, Obj, Ibb, Abacha and co. Loyalty ko! Loyalty ni!
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
egift:

Why do you guys keep lying in broad day like this? Have you ever had of TY Danjuma Foundation and all the grants and efforts over the years - http://tydanjumafoundation.org/

Your hatred for anyone that says the truth about Jonathan is making you blind.

These guys are never going to accept any explanation based on what transpired in 1966 and other events cumulating in the civil war...something that occurrd well before most of us were born but their mind has been poisoned and conditioned to hate people like Gen. TY Danjuma by default without looking at the merit of his statement.

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by obinnakenedo(m): 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2013
buchaisky:

Patriotic my asshhh! See danjuma talking about patriotism... In case you dont know, patriotism = loyalty. A man that had the guts to kill his very own boss, the Nation's Head of State, Aguiyi Ironsi. Imagine your very own body Guard...head of your security for that matter, turning aroung to brutally murder you. So much for loyalty. Some will argue that his duty was to the nation and not to an individual, that shows why we are still very much behind the developed worlds. Obama's guards would rather die than allow anythn happen to him, regardless of his leadership policies, so also will the germans, the brits, japs, chinese and the rest of the developed world. We africans should please grow up, our skin may be black but that dosent make our brains black. As for you danjuma, am sure Ironsi will never forgive you...hurry up!!
He is still waiting for you in the after life.
enuf said!
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 23, 2013
obinna-kenedo:
here we go again. Oya begin put Buhari, Obj, Ibb, Abacha and co. Loyalty ko! Loyalty ni!

From your username..I don't expect anything less from you...am not disappointed, would have if you've says otherwise.

Quit the hating, am sure you weren't born when all that transpired did..
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by dapachez: 12:38pm On Jun 23, 2013
Idoma Likita: A Man whom Forbes magazine listed as the 19th Richest Man in Africa cannot even boast of having constructed a single road in his village in Taraba..Not a Single Industry..Not a Single Scholarship for his Village Youth..Nothing! His Mansions dotted all over the Country are Unoccupied..Taraba does not have a Single Landmark in his name! Yet He preaches Patriotism..I don't blame him, I blame d Moderators for bringing this trash to Frontpage! Una don make me Sin on a Sunday now! Mtscheew!
http://tydanjumafoundation.org/community-fund/taraba-community-fund/
Taraba Community Fund

Introduction
Taraba State has a population of about two (2) million people, and was created in 1991 from the old Gongola State; it is located in the Northeast zone of Nigeria. The State lies largely within the tropical zones and has a vegetation of low forests in the southern part and grasslands in the northern part. It is divided into sixteen (16) Local Government Areas (LGAs) with Jalingo as its capital. The major occupation of the people of Taraba State is agriculture (farming); other small scale trades include pottery, cloth-weaving, dyeing, mat-making, carving, embroidery, and blacksmithing. The social-economic challenges facing the State include: a poor educational system, dearth of functional health facilities, high illiteracy, youth unemployment and waning interest in agricultural activities.

Why the Taraba Community Fund
Taraba State is the home state of the founder/chairman of the TY Danjuma Foundation General TY Danjuma hence; it is the funding priority for the Foundation. The Foundation is committed to making contributions towards progressive and sustainable development in the State. The Board of Trustees of TYDF approved a financing scheme (community fund) for NGOs and CBOs which acknowledges the inherent potential of community actors to address their problems, if provided with resources, training, and confidence.

The Taraba Community fund is designed as a strategic grant making framework and direct financing mechanism for small and medium scale community initiatives, designed specifically for Taraba State by the TY Danjuma Foundation. Over time, it is expected that the fund will develop a self financing scheme to support short to medium term social initiatives.

The first edition of the call for the Taraba Community Fund was launched in 2011. The fund also provides technical assistance for both programmatic and institutional sustainability to enhance community engagement and targeted social initiatives.

What the Taraba Community Fund does
The Foundation allocates small grants to NGOs/CBOs to carry out innovative, development activities that address the social-economic challenges of the communities. It also provides technical assistance for both programmatic and institutional sustainability to enhance community engagement and targeted social initiatives.

The Foundation’s Funding Area for the Taraba Community Fund include:
Community Awareness Initiatives on Health;
Promotion of Literacy;
Improving Girl Child Education;
Youth Skills Training and Development;
Small Business Loans and Training; and
Support to Market Women's Associations

Grants Sizes ranges from Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N500, 000) to Two Million Naira (N2, 000, 000) for projects not exceeding a life span of one (1) year
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 23, 2013
Who are Danjuma parents and were are 4rm? Sombody shud tell me pls? His original parents
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2013
Who are Danjuma parents and were are they 4rm? Sombody shud tell me pls? His original parents
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by dbilz(m): 12:41pm On Jun 23, 2013
;DOn this trend, I see 2 different leagues of people.those with d brain to think upright, and those with brainlike anus to think upside down.d difference btw them and those citizens of Yaba left its just their outlook. Muntullas! grin grin grin grin
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2013
danny301: .

Before Danjuma's loyalty was put tested that of Major Kaduna Nzeagwu was put to tested and he failure woefully, a situation that led to Danjuma been found wanting.

Very sensible response...faultless.
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by asha80(m): 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2013
ilugunboy:

Very sensible response...faultless.
i know you work in one of danjuma's outfits so no suprise your comments.
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by toluene12: 1:02pm On Jun 23, 2013
coming from a man whose significant contribution to this nation was to kill a sitting president and ignite the civil war that led to the death of millions.

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by adconline(m): 1:08pm On Jun 23, 2013
Look at who's talking. Where was his patriotism when he was illegally awarded an Oil block which he later sold and $500 million? His shipping company run by his younger brother, Musa controls almost all the foreign shipping lines berthing on Lagos ports. Where is his patriotism when he has illegally stolen what belongs to Naija? He's the chairman of ENI Nigeria, how did he become that if it were not for corruption and greed?
The only reason he cares about Nigeria is because of his illegally acquired wealth and investments.

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 23, 2013
Lolzz, imagin danjuma talking...afta stealing naija's wealth u com hia 2 preach patriotism, u wudn't av reached 2 d rank of a Gen if nt 4 tribalism cos u lacked discipline so shut d Bleep off

2 Likes

Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 23, 2013
ilugunboy:

History revisionist. ...his loyalty is to Nigeria and not to an individual.

Wrong!! His loyalty WAS to Nigeria's oil wells....and he sure killed and maimed to preserve his retirement package a la Sapetro. His actions in 1966 would have been completely different if there was no oil in the Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
asha 80: i know you work in one of danjuma's outfits so no suprise your comments.

That is beside the point..
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by cold(m): 1:21pm On Jun 23, 2013
Are there no records of what this so called organisation has been doing? NGOs they have assisted,co-ops,civil societies etc. So we can verify such information for ourselves. All we see is a website with no records of achievements or other organisations they laise with
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
ilugunboy:

These guys are never going to accept any explanation based on what transpired in 1966 and other events cumulating in the civil war...something that occurrd well before most of us were born but their mind has been poisoned and conditioned to hate people like Gen. TY Danjuma by default without looking at the merit of his statement.

If you put the right message/medicine into the wrong container, the message/medicine will be corrupted. Danjuma has no moral right to preach patriotism/loyalty to Nigerians.....and yes, he shot that right to death in 1966. Nowadays the evil that men do no longer wait to live after them; it lives with them...
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by besticality: 1:33pm On Jun 23, 2013
Myself2: angry angry angry
Is Mr Danjuma talking about angry "patriotic leaders" like himself?
Does he think we have forgotten how he was dubiously awarded an OPL licence for and OML block and how he consequently spent next to nothing and the field had already been proven to be rich in oil find and he also evaded paying any royalties/taxes to the government,just because his then good frien, OBJ was president?He went ahead to sell the oil block and made huge profit(that's why he was loosely talking sometime ago that he made a profit of $500 million US) and didn't know what to do with it,of which I hear trhe profit was way higher than that.
Now he is sermonizing on patriotism.Such arrant hypocrisy SMH @ Danjuma

And what does he mean by force wont stop Boko Haram?before force was applied,were the terrorists not having a field day?Also,before force was applied,what alternative did patriotic Mr Danjuma propose??
All these pseudo-Boko haram sympathisers
tell him jare. He has forgotten that he was not also 'patriotic' when he was der. Stupid man
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by obinnakenedo(m): 1:45pm On Jun 23, 2013
ilugunboy:

From your username..I don't expect anything less from you...am not disappointed, would have if you've says otherwise.

Quit the hating, am sure you weren't born when all that transpired did..
charge n bail lawyer, how much were you paid?. I love my username, and i love where i come from. As for this man danjuma, he is a comfirm killer. Quote me anywhere. Amumanu!
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by VoodooDoll(m): 1:47pm On Jun 23, 2013
@ ilugunboy

There is no revisionism here.

Danjuma and his cohort of counter coupist could have resigned their commission formed a new force and rebelled. But he kept his uniform on and rebelled against his CIC.

That's disloyal. And no, I'm not Igbo if you're thinking that's colouring my views.

He has also kept the billions questionably acquired: is that loyalty to the people of Nigeria or even to his village?

A spade is a spade and Danjuma has no right or credibility to make this point given his past and questionably acquired wealth.
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by achinu(m): 1:53pm On Jun 23, 2013
TY Danjuma should please spare us with the garbage! What tangible positive contribution has he made to Nigeria?! Oh, let me guess his foundation?! Thant in my opinion is him just attempting to launder his image, so his foundation gives away a couple of million crumbs from his massive Billions of $$$ stolen from Nigeria via dubious oil block concessions. The issue with us Nigerians is that we are too gullible & quick to people worship & sing there praise when they throw money around. Wasn't it TY Danjuma & Gowon singing one North back in the day when they & their fellow malams were busy slaughtering non-indigenes in the North leading to the civil war? Patriotic my arse, let him and all his cohorts go hide their faces in shame while the seed(Boko)of discord they sowed continue to ravage their home regions. Like the saying goes, charity begins at home TY!!

2 Likes

Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by kinguwem: 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
T. Y. Danjuma is like a biblical prophet who is not honoured at home. He & his cohorts including OBJ, Murtala, MKO, Yar'Adua etc. contributed to the decay in the polity. They brought the concept of tribalism & diversion of public property to personal use. This concept is the basis of corruption, inter-tribal & religious wars & terrorism. He has secured the future of his children & wasted that of others. Though I commend him for his philantropy, all undue wealth in his possession should be returned with interest to the State. If he is interested in restitution, he should do it properly.
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2013
obinna-kenedo:
charge n bail lawyer, how much were you paid?. I love my username, and i love where i come from. As for this man danjuma, he is a comfirm killer. Quote me anywhere. Amumanu!

shocked shocked shocked so you are blessed with the gift of telepathy to deduce my profession?

Calling me an Anumanu or whatever shows the class you are....classless barbarian. Next time you want to argue on NL...leave the insults in your bedroom.
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
VoodooDoll: @ ilugunboy

There is no revisionism here.

Danjuma and his cohort of counter coupist could have resigned their commission formed a new force and rebelled. But he kept his uniform on and rebelled against his CIC.

That's disloyal. And no, I'm not Igbo if you're thinking that's colouring my views.

He has also kept the billions questionably acquired: is that loyalty to the people of Nigeria or even to his village?

A spade is a spade and Danjuma has no right or credibility to make this point given his past and questionably acquired wealth.

Can you please shed more light on the bold...am interested in researching into that...
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by dpopular: 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2013
hmmmmmm
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by nijanigga: 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2013
"The present recalled the former Chief of Army Staff’s recent donation of over N2 billion to the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, for the construction of a new library, lecture hall, auditorium and administrative block and prayed God to grant him many more years of service to his fatherland."
Operator or moderator can you fix the above please!
Re: TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders by Businesstools(m): 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2013
ilugunboy:

The only way he will be regarded is to return all the money he has stolen and beg for forgiveness for his involvement in the brutal killing of Ironsi and Fajuyi.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Our Presidents Have Conspicuous Aides De Camp. / Buhari Asks Nigerians To Join Anti-Graft War To Make Country Great / 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.